Start by marking “Appalachian Abduction” as Want to Read:

(Lavender Mountain #2)

A small-town cop must protect a beautiful rogue undercover detective.

Trespassing, fleeing a peace officer…hell, she’d aimed a gun at his chest! Officer James Tedder can’t help but admire her fight. And undercover detective Charlotte Helms will never quit. She’s on a personal mission: rescue her best friend’s daughter…and bust the child-trafficking ring that lured her away.
Published March 1st 2018 by Harlequin Intrigue

To ask other readers questions about Appalachian Abduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Appalachian Abduction

Start your review of Appalachian Abduction
Paula Brandon
2.5 stars rounded up to 3, because it's readable, and better than many Intrigues, but a definite disappointment considering that the previous book Appalachian Prey was so good. This has Charlotte "I Can Do It Myself" Helms arriving at Mount Lavender in belief that a sex trafficking ring is in operation there. This sees her teaming up with new deputy James "I Don't Want To Talk About It" Tedder (brother of Lilah from the previous book). The mission is personal for Charlotte, as one of the victims ...more
Cali Jewel
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally gripping, sweetly thrilling, action packed, sexy romantic adventure filled with danger, mystery and two people forced to trust each other to survive.

Detective Charlotte Helms is a strong, dedicated and on the trail of a human trafficking ring when her best friends daughter is taken. The cabin in the Appalachian mountains she is staying at (broke into) ends up belonging to Officer James Tedder and he wants answers. Loved their chemistry and determination. Highly entertaining and
Monique
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Detective Charlotte Helms from the Atlanta PD is extremely dedicated to her work, so much so that it got her suspended for insubordination. The case on human trafficking she had been working on for a year has become personal: her best friend Tanya’s daughter, Jenny, has vanished, and Charlotte fears Jenny was abducted by the traffickers, who seemed to have moved their operation to the Appalachian Mountains. Charlotte is acting on her own in Lavender Mountain, and when the owner of the cabin ...more
Amelia
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second story conceived by Debbie Herbert for her series of books taking place in northern Georgia is absolutely outstanding. Danger happens in the opening scene, and the peril keeps escalating all the way through until the stunning conclusion. Add in all the realistically portrayed characters, and I was hooked on every carefully invented aspect. APPALACHIAN ABDUCTION really is a novel that cannot be put down once started, as there is never a spot where a development is not riveting plus ...more
Miki
This was first published on my blog " Lecture toute une Aventure"

Lavender Mountains are really not a safe place to live as it seems. This book take place after " Appalachian Prey" and we see Liland and Harlan but this book focus on another couple Lilah's brother James (jimmy) and Charlotte so this one can really be read as a stand alone without any difficulty.

James is working under Harlan after being retired from the military but he still has some bad effect from his time in Afghanistan and
Rambling Boho
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun read! Spunky Charlotte, and James Tedder, who has some unresolved issues, have a good chemistry together for this story. The characters build at a nice pace, and you're never asking questions of 'why', or 'who'. The plot is solid, yet there are some surprises that are nice. The book is well written, and very visual. I like visual. I want to see the story play out in my mind while I read, not just read words on a page like an essay. Herbert does this very well, which is why I am drawn to ...more
Nancy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Detective Charlotte Helms is on the trail of a child trafficking ring she believes to be in the north Georgia mountains. She’s a cop from Atlanta working undercover. Unbeknownst to her, the cabin she squats in belongs to Officer James Tedder from the local sheriff’s department. After learning why she’s in the area, he joins in the search. There are some really tense moments and I couldn’t seem to read fast enough it was so exciting. This is one book I couldn’t put down. I haven’t read the ...more
Lisa
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mandy Parmenter
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Helms is on a mission to rescue her best friend's daughter and she is happy to risk suspension and her career to find her and rescue her. James Tedder is a war veteran turned small town cop who he discovers and pulls a gun on him. Whilst he admires her when he is forced to be her partner trying to crack the child trafficking ring can her trust her to have his back let alone look after his heart?

This is a great development in the Appalachian world that this author has created where a
Jess Lawson
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Appalachian Abduction is suspenseful. It held my attention from the first chapter. A rogue undercover cop in a small community following up on a sex trafficking ring. Trespassing on another officer's property could be a rookie mistake that can get you detected quickly but when the case is personal you don't always check things out the way the should be.

Charlotte and James are so against each other in the beginning but eventually learn to grow on each other. The two make a perfect pair once they
Mona
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Suspense, romance. When Officer James Tedder finds Charlotte Helms in his home he doesn’t know what to make of the situation.

Charlotte Helms doesn’t know what to make of Officer James Tedder but soon learns to trust him. She needs to find her friends daughter before time runs out. She needs to prove to James and Sheriff Sampson that something is going on in Lavender Mountain and it isn’t good.

Twist and turns. I couldn’t put down.

Must read and also Appalachian Prey it comes
Mary Lou Webb
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Timely subject

This book addresses the subject of human trafficking and how it insidiously creeps into the best of locations. I loved the first main character and her determination to end one particular ring that has abducted her best friend's daughter. The cast of characters is varied and just like the people we meet every day. The only thing is that I'd like to see a list of agencies to contact if you suspect that a trafficking ring has invaded your town, plus resources for the girls and women
Rebecca
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story is riveting, and once again, the characters are realistic in their portrayal of emotions and the decisions they ultimately make to move the story forward. The suspense is at a high alert level and the heat from these two characters is undeniable. Debbie has done a great job in balancing both aspects of the story. I was just as interested in solving the mystery and getting the bad guys as I was the relationship forming between Charlotte and James. I cannot wait to see what else this ...more
Karlee
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detective Charlotte Helms has been suspended because she is trying to find those involved in the trafficking ring to save her best friends daughter and other girls. But when Officer James Tedder finds someone at his dads old cabin, he runs into Charlotte and tries to learn what she's here for. Loved the way their partnership grew in the way of helping one another as well as turning into more. There are definitely more dirty authority out there that Harlan is going to discover.
Karlee
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Ward
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Helms a detective from Atlanta is on a Mission to rescue her friends daughter from a possible child trafficking ring . She find herself in trouble. Fortunately she meets James Tedder a small town cop. Can they work as team to bring down this child trafficking ring , as this book is exciting to read from page one . Action and thrilling definitely looking forward to reading more of Debbie Herbert's books .
Lea Vickery
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I meant to leave a review before now, but I've had a lot going on!

Love love love Debbie's books and this one is one of her best works yet. I love how in this book you already know who the bad guy is, but you get to "catch" the bad guy with them. It's full of action and still has plenty of suspense.

Great read!
Carrie Phillips
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great follow up to Appalachian prey ! We get to see what Harlan and Lilith are up too while being drawn into the Tedder family further. Full of suspense and just enough romance it’s a book you’ll read in one wonderful binge!! Debbie is a wonderful author who writes about people and places that are created so well your POSITIVE they really exist!
Sally Lindsay-briggs
A brief larger print novel that was a free book sent from Harlequin. It was very light and somewhat entertaining but it did not float my boat. It just had no depth or much of a plot. The characters were kind of believable. The interesting part was that the story took place in Elmore county. Elmore was my previous married name.
Shannon Renee
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.75

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I did the first in this HI series. While I found James to be more likable than Harlan, I didn't think there was much chemistry with Charlotte. I also found the "mystery" quite lacking.
Judith Sherrod
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Appalachian Abduction

Good storyline. Murder, kidnappings, missing girls and a place to hide. The mountain had it all. James and Charlotte joined together to wipe out the sex trafficking ring before they joined for life.
Annie
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read just about every book by Ms Herbert and each one gets better. Appalachian Abduction had me hooked in the first chapter! I'll be recommending the book to everyone I know (and those I don't. Buy the book, you won't regret it).
Morgan Faulkner
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liked this a lot.
charmaine White
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Story

A fast moving and exciting read,with a whole lot of thrills,action and suspense.This one will have you on the edge of your seat from the beginning to the end.
Robin
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read. Really enjoyed this one.
Lynnette
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Debbie Herbert. I loving her books they are full of adventure, romance, and suspense. I love that this book was set in Appalachian!
Juanita E. Arp
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book, it has a great storyline. Can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it. A great read. Love Debbie Herbert books.
Jessica Morgan
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a fun read overall. I found a few spelling errors.

• The Sheriff's Secret
  • Kansas City Cop (The Precinct #33)
  • Sudden Setup (Crisis: Cattle Barge #1)
  • Federal Agent Under Fire
  • Black Rock Guardian (Apache Protectors: Wolf Den #4)
  • Ranger Defender (Texas Brothers of Company B #2)
  • Ranger Protector (Texas Brothers of Company B #1)
  • Endangered Heiress (Crisis: Cattle Barge #2)
  • Major Crimes (Omega Sector: Under Siege #4)
  • Stranded with the Suspect (The Ranger Brigade: Family Secrets #6)
  • Dropping the Hammer
  • Armed Response (Omega Sector: Under Siege #5)
  • The Girl Who Wouldn't Stay Dead
  • Tribal Blood (Apache Protectors: Wolf Den #2)
  • Undercover Scout (Apache Protectors: Wolf Den #3)
  • Cease Fire (Omega Sector: Under Siege #3)
  • Texas Grit
  • Cowboy's Redemption (The Montana Cahills, #4)

Debbie Herbert, a USA Today and Publisher's Weekly bestselling writer, pens Psychological Suspense, romantic suspense and paranormal romance novels. She’s always been fascinated by magic, romance and Gothic stories.

Married and living in Alabama, she roots for the Crimson Tide football team. When not working on her upcoming books, Debbie enjoys recumbent bicycling and jet skiing with her husband.

Lavender Mountain (3 books)
  • Appalachian Prey