Jump to ratings and reviews

Christmas Kiss #1

A Prickly Christmas Kiss

A Prickly Christmas Kiss

by #1 International Bestselling and Award Winning Author

Allyson R. Abbott

This story remained #1 for 6 consecutive weeks December 2016/January 2017 and was a #1 INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER as part of the Mistletoe Kisses & Christmas Wishes set.

104 pages, Kindle Edition

Published September 30, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Allyson R. Abbott

38 books167 followers
I 'm very lucky to have the indulgence of time and space to enable me to write. I took a sabbatical from work to accompany my partner on his bucket list travels and adventures, and never went back. I really thought I would struggle with all the free time, so decided to write to keep myself occupied. Now writing has consumed my time and I am never sure where we will be or when, hence my novels could be classed 'international' as they may have been written across a few countries. We are still travelling, although we do pop back to the UK for a few months every now and again.

I love the fact that no matter what our age we can use new technology to connect to the rest of the world and enhance our lives. Back in the UK I have my friends and family and with emails, phones, skype or face-time, we are never out of touch for long. Even my mother at eighty-six uses face-time to catch up with me. I have the world at my fingertips and only twenty-four hours away from anywhere.

Being a 'mature aging gracefully' woman, I feel akin to the problems of aging and relationships. I spent many years on my own before finding my truly remarkable and very patient partner who I happily gave up my whole world for. My stories are about mature relationships with mature people. People who have character and humour, who have a history; people just like us.

I like to call it Hen Lit, not Chick Lit, but it is not just about falling in love. They are about real relationships.

I hope you enjoy my stories. Please check my web page or social media pages if you would like to contact me. I love emails and try to answer every one as soon as possible.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
5 (4%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 81 reviews
Profile Image for Angela.
4,042 reviews47 followers
5 Stars

A Prickly Christmas Kiss is another wonderful story from the incomparable Allyson R. Abbott. How I love everything she writes. She has such a wonderfully descriptive, easy, well-rounded and inviting style to her writing. Her stories always draw me in and have me hanging on every word. Her books are so easy to read and always leave me with a feeling of satisfaction and warm-heartedness- and this story was no different. If I had to read Ms. Abbott's books every day for the rest of my life, I would not be disappointed! She has proven to be such a versatile author, writing from so many different perspectives and age groups- from romance to comprehensive guides on publishing, writing reviews, or negotiating the world of social media. Her insights and imagination know no bounds.
This charming story full of the wonder and spirit of Christmas definitely sprinkled a little magic into my day. This is one of my all-time favourite reads from Ms. Abbott, it was such a delightful story, quite refreshing and light-hearted, but full of heart and soul.
I loved Elf and Rudi, I wouldn’t mind reading more books with these two and their slightly quirky bunch of friends. SLH (Sue) was a wonderful addition to the story, adding an extra element of wonder, charm, humour, and interest to this superb tale.
This may be a story set around Christmas and the holidays, but it is a lovely story that deserves to be read, and can be enjoyed at any time of the year!

Thank you yet again, Ms. Abbott!!
Profile Image for Lisa.
2,116 reviews35 followers
December 25, 2017
I actually read A Prickly Christmas Kiss on Christmas Eve. And let me tell you, this story is freakin Christmas perfection, all wrapped up in a bow. Rudi and Elf? Seriously? The town they are in and all the crazy coincidences and THAT CAT! It’s too much and just right all at the same time.

This has your mushiness and funny moments and happy ever after. Your warm fuzzies and all that goodness you get from a holiday book done right. I absolutely loved it, was smiling the whole time I read this story.

Profile Image for Heather Bass.
481 reviews3 followers
November 29, 2017
This is the first book I have read from this author and now I’m hooked. I love Christmas stories and after reading this story I can’t wait for Christmas. It is the most magical time of the year. This is the first book in the Christmas Kiss series. I fell in love with these characters right away. The storyline kept me hooked all the way till the end. I devoured this incredible read in only one day.

Emma Louise Fallon was looking forward spending Christmas with her new boyfriend but he turned out to be a jerk. She is then invited to spend the holidays with her best friend. Emma made some rules to her getaway no men and family. She gets to this small town and her friend tells her she can’t make it. Emma stops in this small town to get gas and that is when the magic starts to happen. She goes into this store and she swears the couple that runs it is Mr. and Mrs. Clause. When she gets back to her car a beautiful creature is writing her a ticket. Emma finally gets to the cabin only to find out there’s no electricity. She ends up meeting a stray cat that she swears has magical powers. Emma ends up bringing the cat to the vet and to her surprise the veterinarian is the hot cop. He introduces himself as Rudi. She is now feeling like she is going crazy because her nickname is elf. Emma starts to get to know Rudi and she starts to actually like him. Will Emma bkeeovher rule about men or is this the man she has been looking for?

I absolutely loved this story. The storyline will keep you glued to your seat. This story has it all romance, mystery, and magic. You will fall in love with the characters. Emma is a sweetheart that only wants to find love that is true. She is a little sassy in the beginning but she needs to be due to what happened to her. Rudi will make you laugh. He is a grump but deep down he does care. The way he sweeps Emma off her feet will make you believe in magic. This is the perfect book for the holidays or if you need a pick up. I can’t wait to see what this talented author will write about next.
Profile Image for SaraLou - Buried By Books.
483 reviews1 follower
January 1, 2018
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson. R Abbott is a lovely short festive treat that just has to be read. It had me laughing out loud at a few different points, I'm so glad that I read it. I was intruiged after reading the blurb.

From the main character whose nickname is Elf and  shop owners that resemble Santa and Mrs Claus, to a local policeman with a red nose called Rudi and a cat that just might have magical powers. This story had me hooked before I'd even passed the front cover.

After being left to fend for herself over Christmas in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, Elf doesn't think she can stay for more than one night. That is until she gets company from a strange, almost magical cat, that just seems to understand exactly what she is saying to him. After working his magic a few times, Elf gets an unexpected visitor in the shape of local policeman Rudi.

Elf who has sworn off men after a bad break up with her ex and Rudi who hasn't been capable of anything romantic since his fiance left are the perfect pair to have you laughing, make you feel all warm and fuzzy and rooting for something to happen.

I absolutely loved this story and I honestly think that you will too.
Profile Image for Maura.
1,897 reviews3 followers
December 10, 2017
What a sweet holiday romance. This short story by Allyson R. Abbott is a quick and satisfying read. It's light on drama and angst and full of holiday magic.

This story has it all. A strong and independent woman, a man with a good heart, a quirky town with holiday spirit and a cat that seems to be magical.

I would absolutely recommend this book to my mom's book club as their holiday read.
Profile Image for Elizabeth.
478 reviews4 followers
January 1, 2018
A Prickly Christmas Kiss (Christmas Kiss: Book 1) by Allyson R Abbott was a cute book. I really enjoyed it, and while it is a story that takes place over Christmas, it could be read and enjoyed any time of the year. The characters were fun and witty, and reflected good off each other. The resemblance and references to Christmas, including their names and the town name, were fun and festive additions. There are a lot of little surprises in this book, and references to Christmas, Santa and the North Pole. I recommend reading it to anyone who enjoys cute clean romance books. This is the first book I have read by the author, but I would definately read another. Since this is book 1, I look forward to the next book in the series.
Emma, aka ELF (due to her initials) has sworn off men this Christmas. She is heading to her friend's cabin in a small town in the middle of nowhere, to spend Christmas. She is avoiding her family, due to her recent break up, doesnt want to hear their comments or deal with awkward matchmaking attempts. When her friend called to tell her she couldnt make it, and she would be roughing it on her own, ELF decided to try to make the best of things. She quickly had to learn to build a fire, start a generator, and have no working shower with hot water. But at least it was pretty, and she could catch up on some reading.
Rudi is the town's cop and veterinarian and has been single for quite a while, after his last relationship went south. He is in the process of writing a parking ticket, when the owner of the car returns and is one of the most beautiful women he has seen. He changes his mind, and lets her go instead. I cant say much more without giving things away, as there are a lot of little secrets revealed in this book. ELF and Rudi cross paths a couple times, but is that due to small down living, or something more??
Profile Image for Katie.
2,081 reviews11 followers
The Prickly Christmas Kiss
By Allyson R. Abbott
5 stars!
I have read quite a few books byt this author now and she never fails to deliver a beautifully written story. Her characters are always amazing and her descriptive writing is great. I think it has to be said that this book is probably one of my favourites from her. I loved this story so much that I didn’t want it to end! I just totally fell in love with the characters and their story! The story is about Emma Louise Fallon who because of her initials is nicknamed ELF and she has two Christmas wishes. One is to escape her well-meaning family and the second is to avoid all men, especially now she is in men hating mode! Unfortunately rather than spending her Christmas holidays with her friend, she is stranded alone in a cold isolated cabin. When a stray cat appears Elf wonders whether the feline actually has magical powers especially when strange things start happening! Elf is also convinced that the shop owners near to the cabin are Mr and Mrs Claus and when the local cop/vet introduces himself as Rudi, Elf cannot help but wonder where she has ended up!
I really did think that this was a lovely short story; it was really well written with characters that you will fall in love with! I loved the cat! And with the name Santa’s Little Helper he certainly was trained well!! I have to also say who wouldn’t want a Rudi? Talk about swoon-worthy!! I’d quite happily be stuck in a cabin with him!!
A really lovely short Christmastime romance story that will definitely leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy after you have finished reading it!
Profile Image for E.A..
940 reviews27 followers
December 31, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott is everything I love about cheesy Christmas movies, you know, the hallmark kind. This book was Christmas magic, and more.

I am in love with this book, like OMG, I can't even right now. I am a cheesy romance lover, and this book, hit everything. If I apply my hallmark movie drinking game to this book.. I'd be dead. In truth I want Rudi for myself, my name is close to Emma's, so I just, you know, swapped her out a little bit... lol..jk.. maybe.

In all seriousness this book was well written, well constructed, well edited. I felt like I was there with the characters. Allyson's writing draws you in, it made you apart of the story and I felt, I hate to say it, but I really felt the Christmas spirt. These are the books that makes me fall more and more in love with reading. That and, I really want this to be a movie, like, now, right now..

I can't tell you enough how much I loved this story, I read it in one sitting. And even though I could pretty predicted how everything would play out, I didn't care because I loved how the characters interacted, I love the banter between Emma and Rudi, and I loved the sweet, heart melty ending. Like, I still feel all mushy inside. This was my first book by Allyson, and I am going to be stalking.. I mean, looking into more of her work. I do hope there is more written about this world, because, I need more.

If you can't tell, I highly recommend this book, as I have been repeating, This is Christmas, it will make you remember that feeling you got as a child on Christmas morning, that feeling that gets lost over the years. This book, made me remember, and I want you to feel the same.

Happy Reading

-E.A. Walsh
Profile Image for Indie Editor Nancy.
1,160 reviews5 followers
November 30, 2017
I really enjoyed the first story in this book The Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson Abbott. A best friend plans a very special Christmas gift for her girlfriend and her handsome cousin; who are both single and missing out on someone to love. This story was fun to read and creatively written. I enjoyed the use of Christmasy names for the main characters in the town called North Poleton. I like that Elf was a strong and independent woman who tried and succeeded in keeping herself safe and warm for a few days before looking for help. But the absolute best part of the story was the know it all cat, Santa's Little Helper. I miss having a cat around the house and being reminded of all the good cuddly opportunities to relax and take the time to enjoy the simpler things in life.
"Elf was imagining a passionate embrace and a long kiss against those sexy looking lips."
"Rudi couldn't help but grin, because his body was alive, for the first time in so long, with a slew of dancing emotions."
"She was sure worried about being alone with him. Each touch from Rudi left her burning with a passion she'd never felt before."
678 reviews5 followers
December 28, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott

5 out of 5 stars
This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Abbott but also the first book in the Christmas kiss series and I really enjoyed this short love story that had me laughing and rereading certain parts. I loved the setting and the small town that looks after their own and has amazing trust. The way Ms. Abbot descried the rustic setting and the isolation was perfect. The characters where well developed and the story line is amazing.
This story starts off with Emma Louise Fallon, aka Elf on her way to meet her girlfriend for a Christmas get away. Anything scape her well-meaning family and her ex-boyfriend. Now she on her way to a cold isolated cabin when she gets a call from said girlfriend informing Elf she won’t be-able to meet her after all.
Elf decides to head to the cabin and makes one more desperate wish: Can she please learn how to build a fire before she freezes to death? The solo rustic life is becoming all too much for her.
She's convinced that a stray cat, who has decided to keep her company, has magical powers, that the local shop owners are secretly Mr. and Mrs. Claus, and nothing can stop her from laughing when the hot local Martian /come cop /come veterinarian introduces himself as Rudi.
Elf has sworn off all men so when she meets Rudi she feels things that make her act and talk crazy and by defense Rudi provokes the craziness as they fight their attraction for each other.
Will Elf give into her attraction to Rudi or will she stand by her no man rule. Will Rudi show Elf that she can rely on him to help her start the fire? Will Elf get burned or will she get the happily ever after with Rudi.
I really enjoyed this short funny read and can’t wait to read A Tangy Christmas Kiss book two of this series.
Tracy Manderson

Profile Image for Bobbi Wagner.
3,702 reviews24 followers
November 29, 2017
The Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott is a sweet romance story that will warm your heart on a cold night. This is a story about a woman named Emma but everyone calls her Elf. She just broke up with her cheating boyfriend but doesn't want to deal with her family's questions about it. She decides she will spend two weeks in a cabin with her best friend. What will happen when her best friend can't come? Will she continue to stay? Will she learn to build fires and survive the storm on her own? A stray cat has decided to keep her company and she is convinced that he has magical powers. What happens when the local vet comes by? She is determined to stay away from men but will she? Will she be able to control her feelings? This is one of my stories by this author. It just puts the Christmas spirit in you with a touch of romance. I just fell in love with these characters and they are connectable. They made me feel like I was right there at the cabin with them. I highly recommend this story as you will have to find out if Elf breaks her own rules when it comes to men.

Profile Image for Em.
340 reviews2 followers
December 30, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott is the first book in the Christmas Kiss series and is a five-star read. I absolutely loved this book and the characters that are in it are beyond anything that you could imagine. You will fall in love with Allyson R. Abbott as an author and her characters for how unique they are. Emma Louise Fallon, aka Elf, has two wishes for Christmas. Having spent the last few months bragging about her latest boyfriend, who's turned out to be a womanizing cheat, one, she needs to escape her well-meaning family, and, two, she needs to avoid all men while she's in a man-hating mode. But stranded in a cold isolated cabin, when her girlfriend is forced to bail out on their vacation plans, Elf makes one more desperate wish: Can she please learn how to build a fire before she freezes to death? The solo rustic life is becoming all too much for her. She's convinced that a stray cat, who has decided to keep her company, has magical powers, that the local shop owners are secretly Mr. and Mrs. Claus, and nothing can stop her from laughing when the hot local Martian -come cop - come veterinarian - introduces himself as Rudi. Will Elf need to break her rule about staying away from men, and rely on this hunk for helping her start a fire? Or, worse, yet, will she be able to control the fire that Rudi's ignited in her? This novel has it all. From laughter to romance and everything in between. Step into a world where Christmas wishes do come true for those that really do believe.
Profile Image for Debi.
1,055 reviews6 followers
A Prickly Christmas Kiss (Christmas Kiss: Book 1) by Allyson R. Abbott

5 Stars

Im beginning to wonder if there will ever be a book that this author writes that I wont love. I don't even know how many I have read, but each one has been amazingly awesome, and that's including her How to books for things that don't even apply to me LOL

This was such a fun read, I loved every single thing about this book, Elf, Rudi, Mr and Mrs C., Sue/SLH, North Polerton, absolutely everything. This was the best way to spend a little while during the holidays. I actually imagined myself right there alongside Elf while she did all she could to survive in the cabin she was supposed to be spending Christmas in with her best friend, who in fact bailed on her. The creative way this story played out made it one of the best reads all the way through and I hated that it ended.

I will be grabbing the 2nd Christmas Kiss book as soon as I can and have decided after this one that I want all of this authors books sitting on my shelf, so will be looking into her paperbacks as well.

If you have not read any of this authors work yet, what are you waiting for?? She is Brilliant and I dont have the words to describe just how much I enjoy her writing. Do yourself a favor and pick this one up, I'll bet you will love her as much as I do.
Profile Image for Krystal gaston.
958 reviews8 followers
January 1, 2018
A Prickly Christmas Kiss written by Allyson R. Abbott. Christmas Kiss Book 1, these stories are stand alones. This was part of a box set Mistletoe Kisses and Christmas Wishes, with Tamara Ferguson. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect with this story since I didn’t read about it first I just thought the cover picture was cute so why not haha. The story had me laughing Emma aka Elf went through a bad break up and has sworn off men, he overbearing family makes it all worse. So she decided shes going to her best friend’s cabin for a nice 2 week vacation. What could go wrong?
Starting right away stuff goes wrong but Elf is used to it her personality was full of sarcasm. This story is a twisted romantic comedy on Christmas characters. You have Elf, Santa’s Little Helper, Rudi, and Mr and Mrs. C. This story was more then I expected by it to be but I am a big fan of Allyson Abbott’s writing. The way the story is told had you giggling the whole time wondering what is going to go wrong next because you just know something is going to happen. I’m curious to see how book 2 goes with Mel.
Profile Image for Katie Kearney .
1,044 reviews4 followers
November 30, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss (Christmas Kiss:Book1) by Allyson R. Abbott is a short but adorable holiday read. In this story we meet Elf yes you read that right Elf, adorable name right! Well anyway Elf is having a run of bad times and needs an escape only now her best friend isn't coming on the escape plan. So she decides to go with the flow anyway and ends up meeting an interesting cast of characters. This book was everything I was hoping for when I read the blurb. It's got a silly cat, romance and humor. At first it had a bit of a slow start for me but it quickly had me getting comfortable and ready to read. It is a quick read but that in no way hinders the story. I love the back and forth the main character has with the cast of characters she meets along the way. This book is great for a light and quick romance read when you need something fun and silly. I give it five stars and recommend it to the lighter romance readers. I'm excited to read more!
2,076 reviews7 followers
November 29, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss (Christmas Kiss 1) by Allyson R. Abbott is a festive heartwarming story that cannot fail to put a smile on your face.

When Emma - or Elf as she is known to all her friends - finds herself spending Christmas alone in her friends cabin she decides that maybe a couple of weeks on her own is exactly what she needs.
I’m a town where everyone is overly friendly, in a cabin with no electricity Elf discovers that she is a little more capable than she ever expected.

When she meets Rudi, the mysterious and enigmatic veterinarian/sheriff her time away starts to look up in a way she never expected.

This book was a great fun read that was an easy way to lose yourself for a couple of hours. The main characters were fun to read about and the happy ending brought a smile to my face. Definitely a book worth reading this festive period.
Profile Image for Lynn Jones.
320 reviews2 followers
A Prickly Christmas
Christmas Kiss: Book 1
by: Allyson R.Abbott
5 Stars

This was an incredible story and the characters the author came up with were magical and made the story. It is full of romance, mystery, and most of all magic. Emma, better known by her nickname Elf, ends up spending her Christmas alone at her friend's cabin. She comes across a yellow cat who she calls Sue who Elf swears is magical. Whatever she needs the cat appears and she figures out the cat is showing her where to find it. When Elf meets Rudi in town the first day she cannot get him out of her mind. Then Sue hurts his paw and low and behold Rudi just happens to be the town's vet. They get off to a rocky start but they both let their guard and then they start to have feelings for each other. I have read several books from this author and she really does bring magic to life.
Profile Image for Kaitlynn Taylor.
770 reviews5 followers
A Prickly Christmas Kiss- Allyson R. Abbott

4 star review

A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott is a super short and sweet festive story. Allyson provides a creative storyline filled with Christmas cheer! It’s a story about overcoming obstacles and falling in love, it’s a story that had me ready for Christmas from the first chapter!

The main character, Elf, always seems to have terrible luck yet she somehow always has a positive attitude. She is one resilient woman with a great sense of humour. While away for Christmas she meets Rudi, a jack of all trades man who learns to come out of his shell and go after what he wants! Their relationship progressed quickly but when you know you found the one there’s no holding back.

I really enjoyed this story and I look forward to reading more of Allyson’s work!
161 reviews1 follower
December 30, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson Abbott is the first book in the Christmas Kiss series. This is a sweet holiday romance that leaves you feeling that holiday magic. Emma whose nickname is Elf is not having the best of times at this moment in her life. She is suppose to go to her best friend’s cabin. Unfortunately her best friend can not go, but Elf decides to go anyway. She needs the time away. The cabin is very rustic. A stray cat finds his way to Elf and keeps her company. She thinks he has some kind of magical powers. Getting away was her way of staying away from men, especially after being cheated on by her boyfriend. She is going to stay away from men. Will she be able to stay away from men?

What a great holiday story by Allyson Abbott. A Prickly Christmas Kiss keeps you engaged and has great character interaction between the characters. The author’s writing is very descriptive and makes you feel like you are there. I definitely recommend this Christmas story that will leave you feeling that holiday spirit.
306 reviews2 followers
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson Abbott
Stars: 4
This is book one of the Christmas Kiss series. This story is set in a town that have North Pole hints. I actually loved that in the book. I could not wait for how else Allyson Abbott was going to incorporate this into the story. The two characters, Emma and Rudi, have been burned by love, and it has left a mark on both characters. They feel an attraction, but each have different obstacles to overcome. These two characters work well with each other. However, there were moments that were hard for me to feel connected to them. They did grow on me, and I was excited to see where the story was going. My favorite character in the whole book is the cat. I know your like, “THE CAT!” However, it is a great cat with a huge personality and a big part in this book. I enjoyed this book, and hope to read the next story in this series!
Profile Image for Martha.
209 reviews4 followers
LOVE THIS BOOK‼
A Prickly Kiss (Christmas Kiss: Book 1) by Allyson R. Abbott is a romantic comedy that I couldn’t put down! Emma Louise Fallon aka ELF is so far out of her league when she decides to spend Christmas in a cold cabin that belongs to her friend. With only a generator for lights, no hot water, and how will she ever learn to build a fire before she either freezes to death or a bear eats her. She wants to be alone after finding out what a cheat her boyfriend is. No more men..EVER. But what about the red-nosed man named Rudi will he help ELF or turn and go the other direction because of her snarky attitude?
Allyson R. Abbott has written the perfect quick read. As always her writing style is superb and I can’t wait for more!

Profile Image for Ashleigh.
418 reviews18 followers
November 29, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott was such a fun quick read that I couldn’t help but read it all in one sitting. There were several times that the story did make me have to suspend myself, when talks of magic came in. But overall this was a great story that was full of love, holiday craziness and even an adorable cat. Rudi was a great hunky lead role and Elf was just realistic enough to be like someone that a reader could cheer for. When these two got together sparks flew and readers definitely rejoiced. If you are looking to get you in the holiday spirit and add a little romance to your day, this is a definitely a book to read.
Profile Image for Jean Martin.
199 reviews1 follower
November 29, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott. What great mischief you can get into with a woman nicknamed Elf, a handsome knight in shining armor named Rudi and a cat named Sue!
This is a wonderfully cute, fun Christmas story that had me melting with the gentle heat of seduction. Getting from here to there was a lot of fun. This book is the perfect read for the Christmas Season and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a little Christmas fun. This is just the right thing to find in your stocking or on your e-reader on Christmas morning.
Thank you Ms. Abbott for this beautiful, little bon-bon for Christmas!
Profile Image for Erin.
195 reviews13 followers
January 1, 2018
This was a great Christmas themed read, to distract me from the hustle, bustle and all the running around. One night curled up under a blanket with a mug of hot Chocolate and this book provided a great escape from the stress that comes along with the holiday season.

A prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson Abbott, was a great well written holiday themed novel. I loved that it was unpredictable, it honestly exceeded all my expectations. The characters were well developed while the story line read like a breeze as if I was living through it all.

I was able to read through the whole thing in one sitting, and am glad I could because I didn't want to put it down.

I give Allyson Abbott's A Prickly Christmas Kiss 5/5 stars, and it won't be my last read from this author.
Profile Image for Sheri.
763 reviews1 follower
January 1, 2018
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott is the first book in the Christmas Kiss series. This is a fun book with a light story with a seasonal theme. The author was creative and used names and other mentions to add to the Christmas theme such as "Elf" otherwise known as Emma Louise Fallon. I enjoyed this book because it was a quick, fun read. I was already in the Christmas mood but if I had not been this book would have helped me get there. I also enjoyed that this book had two people that did not have the Christmas spirit but later found it. I am going to be looking for more from the author and am looking forward to more in this series.
Profile Image for Sheryl.
2,008 reviews13 followers
December 12, 2017
I loved this story because the interaction between Elf and Rudi. soooo cute!

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book.
Profile Image for Amber.
571 reviews41 followers
December 31, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R Abbott is an adorable romance written during Christmas. All the main characters had Christmasy names. I think the book was a lot of fun and written well. It was a very fast read for me and easy to get lost in. I enjoyed the characters and the cat. It’s a bit cheesy but I enjoy the hallmark Christmas movies and this is what it reminded me of. This was a fun book and I enjoyed it. I would rate it 4 stars!
Profile Image for Sunday.
1,024 reviews4 followers
December 28, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss by Allyson R. Abbott
Five Stars

A Prickly Christmas Kiss is the first book in the Christmas Kiss Series by Allyson R. Abbott. I have read many books by Ms. Abbott and I loved each and every one. This is the best Christmas story I have read this year. I love how Ms. Abbott can switch genres with such ease. This story is fun and quirky with witty dialogue, and an amazing furball that make the story flow. This story had me laughing out loud, which I love books that do. This story features Elf, Rudi and a Boy cat named Sue. You just have to read this Christmas story to get in the perfect Christmas mood. I highly recommend this book and author. Must read this season.
Profile Image for Jenni Bishop.
2,855 reviews22 followers
December 31, 2017
A Prickly Christmas Kiss (Christmas Kiss: Book 1) by Allyson R. Abbott is a unique and quirky short story that will have you laughing as you follow along with this sweet romance. Christmas is a magical time of year and it seems that it is more so at North Poleton. Where strange things happen and bring joy to those who live there. Where outsiders are welcomed and love may just find you.

This is one christmas tale you should take the time to read. I promise you will not be disappointed.
1,399 reviews10 followers
December 31, 2017
Such a cleverly written Christmas short story! I loved this whole book and how the plot unfolded. The names of the characters were clever as well - Emma/Elf and Rudi - love their names and loved them! The plot was fun, well paced, and not so predictable that it left the reader bored. It felt fresh and new and lovely. A refreshing holiday read. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 81 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.