Start by marking “The Designated +1: A Romantic Comedy (Cordially Invited Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Designated +1: A Romantic Comedy (Cordially Invited Series Book 2)

The Designated +1: A Romantic Comedy (Cordially Invited Series Book 2)

6 weddings, 2 old friends, 1 childhood crush that left her crushed.

Hadley isn’t exactly leading a life that anyone would call #goals: living with her parents and walking dogs for money. This should be the perfect time to avoid seeing too many people, so the half dozen wedding invitations waiting for her RSVP feel awfully judgey. Especially the one from her childhood crush.

So w
Published November 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Designated +1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Designated +1

Start your review of The Designated +1: A Romantic Comedy (Cordially Invited Series Book 2)
Stacee
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I love all things Ellie Cahill and I couldn’t resist this synopsis.

Love love loved Hadley and Will. They’re both good people with amazing banter and chemistry. I loved seeing them pretend at weddings and it effortlessly turn into something more.

Plot wise, it was light and fluffy and I adored it. There’s a bit of conflict, but it’s short and so satisfyingly handled. Added bonus: lots of dogs and several murderino references.

Overall, it was a quick and super cute read. My only complaint is that
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

This author is a go-to for low angst fluffy romance without the over the top cheese. I would just say that if you're after any detailed sex you won't get that here but you will get a well written friends to lovers story.
Juliana
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. While this one wasn't as good as I Temporarily Do, it was still pretty cute. Friends to lovers is always a great trope. There was a history between Hadley and Will in that they were neighbors and grew up together before losing touch. She housesits and dogsits for a living while he works for his Father's construction company and simultaneously wants to flip houses. They discover that they're going to multiple weddings over the course of the summer and agree to be each other's plus 1 f ...more
victoria_tonks
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nice, fluffy, MCs rather attractive, but nothing special. There was potential for some substance but it got wrapped up far too quickly and I felt as if I was left hanging, without some important plot points being resolved(view spoiler). I probably won't remember that one a couple of weeks from now. Also, I do not need all my romance ...more
Noreen
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was so funny with romance tucked in. The characters were perfect for each other. I hope there is a sequel as there is so much more to tell about these two.

I was given an ARC for an honest review.
Ioanna
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

my review: https://nanasbookreviews.blogspot.gr/...

video: https://youtu.be/Ayyd6b3FZK4
Kanyon
I really enjoyed The Designated +1. I loved everything about it; the characters, the puppies!!!, the cute and adorable romance, and all the humor. Hadley’s and Will’s story is a tale of love that grows between two people who really enjoy each other’s company and have a hot and sizzling attraction. I would recommend this story to anyone who reads contemporary romance.

Hadley use to be the gang’s sweet little sister. When everyone left for college that was the last Hadley saw of anyone. Now their fri
Jenn
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
So first, if this is going to be a series it needs a bigger connection than a one sentence mention of a save the date for Emmy and Beckett. At the very least a short cameo would have been nice. Especially considering, no where in I Temporarily Do, does it mention that their roommate Brady goes by his last name. I spent a good portion of the book not totally sure it was the same guy. Yeah there was the bathroom thing, but it really wasn't a strong connection. This is really barely recognizable as ...more
Nadine
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked it, it was fun!

Hadley and Will meet again after years of not seeing each other. Now, when Will teases Hadley, she finds herself acting like her 15-year-old-self all over again. Kind of like: big brother versus little sister. A lot of their mutual friends are getting married this summer and they don’t particularly want to be at the dreaded singles table. So they make a pact to go together, faking to be boyfriend-girlfriend. And then they start spending time with each other even wh
Tina Todd shobe
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hadley doesn't feel she's very successful with her life as she's not putting her degree to use. She's living back living with her mom running her own dog walking/sitting business. It's actually pretty sucessful. She reconnects with neighborhood friend, Will, when she was dog sitting for his parents. She had a high school crush on his brother, James.

Both are invited to several of the same wedding's over the summer, including James'. They decide to team up as each other's +1's to avoid
Rita Sheppard
Designated +1

As if Hadley Bradley didn't have enough joking about her name, her life gets
more complicated as she is invited to one wedding after another. The wedding
invitations don't specify a plus one and the wedding dinners now have singles
tables. So what's Hadley to do but hook up with Will, an old friend who is
also single and happens to be the brother of her high school crush. Will is
happy to have her as his plus one to discourage the matchmakers so it works
both ways.
Pat
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This rom/com had me from the very start! Great story and very likeable characters kept me totally engaged until the turn of the very last page! I absolutely loved Hadley and Will who were perfect for each other even if they didn't see it at first!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Tammy
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, in fact I am enjoying this entire series actually, EXCEPT....There are SO many mistakes!!!! Who in the heck is editing this? It is extremely distracting to say the least!
Please for the love of all things holy, get a better editor!!!
Kim
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first one! Really enjoying everything by Ellie Cahill; it’s light, easy reading, but the characters are fun & developed enough that you’re cheering for them. A nice spark, some humor & just enough heat for the imagination without overdone “heaving bosoms & massive members”.
Karyn schwanen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charming neighbors to lovers

Realistic dialogue, scenes and drama. Even an @sshole brother to boot! True romantic comedy you can believe. Got one book free and bought the next ( this one) now finished and seeking the next one!
John Clark
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just as funny and satisfying as the previous book. Dog lovers as well as those liking a smart back and forth between 'meant-to-bes' who are sorta clueless about that reality will very much enjoy this one.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
Amazing

I love reading books like this, nothing is perfect but with communication it works out. Plus it was funny. I
Ms Cahill created a "cute" story. Yes, there are unanswered questions but in life that happens.
Jackie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an adorable book that has humour and romance as well definitely makes your day and a story that everyone should be reading. Received a free book and reviewing because I want to.
Kim F
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining! Kept my attention. I want to read more. Wonderfully written with great plot and strong characters. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Jenifer
Fun & funny, awkward & snarky!
I loved it!!

This could also be called "tales from the dreaded wedding 'singles' table!" It's a great plan to have that fall back +1 to save you from the annoying small talk questions and the attempts to be set up with some other single. Hadley & Will worked out a pretty sweet deal!

I laughed and cringed and couldn't put it down!

*exclusive arc*
A
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, ya-na-chicklit
🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍

Ellie Cahill aka Liz Czukas knows how to write a freaking romcom.
Glenda
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an Exclusive ARC of this book and am leaving my honest review.
Wonderful story! Hadley and Will have such great chemistry. Some laughs, some drama and just enough romance. Great read!
Crystal N
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: so-cute
Very cute, very light. If you're needing a feel good pallet cleanser this is a good one, it doesn't veer into the OTT that romantic comedies sometimes do.
Hoda Said
tina tolan
Nov 15, 2019
Ashley Hall
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ellie is great when it comes to comedic romance. I have read both book one and two in this series, and I cannot wait to see which roommate is next. Her books have great plots, characters, unexpected romances, and the invitations the books end with are great. These are the first books that I've read by this author, but I'll definitely be searching for more. The book keeps you entertained and addicted, sucked in from the first page. Looking forward to more!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • A Wedded Arrangement (Convenient Marriages, #3)
  • SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)
  • Sugar and Spice
  • A Negotiated Marriage (Negotiated Marriage, #1)
  • Unveiled (One Fairy Tale Wedding, #3)
  • Death by Inferior Design (Domestic Bliss Mystery #1)
  • Bethany's New Reality
  • Unguarded (One Fairy Tale Wedding, #1)
  • Hot SEAL, Alaskan Nights (SEALs in Paradise)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Wingman (Rascals #2)
  • Protecting Sam (Sanctuary #1)
  • The Honeymoon Cottage (Pajaro Bay, #1)
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #1)
Want to be the first to know the latest releases and giveaways from Ellie? Sign up for Ellie's newsletter to get a free epilogue to CALL ME, MAYBE! HERE

Ellie Cahill is the author of the Cordially Invited series, including I Temporarily Do, as well as stand-alone romantic comedies like When Joss Met Matt, Call Me Maybe, and Just a Girl. Ellie is also the not-at-all secret pen name of Young Adult author Liz