Start by marking “Written in the Stars (Havenwood Falls High #1)” as Want to Read:
Written in the Stars (Havenwood Falls High #1)

Written in the Stars

(Havenwood Falls High #1)

Welcome to Havenwood Falls, a small town in the majestic mountains of Colorado. A town where legacies began centuries ago, bloodlines run deep, and dark secrets abound. A town where nobody is what you think, where truths pose as lies, and where myths blend with reality. A place where everyone has a story. Including the high schoolers. This is only but one…

The Kasun wolf p
Published October 13th 2017 by Ang'dora Productions

To ask other readers questions about Written in the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Written in the Stars

Angela
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Love this series. While this one wasn’t one of my favorites I still enjoyed it. The story didn’t flow well for me. Parts of it seems like it skipped around and I didn’t get all of the story.
Rabid Reader
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This exciting read is a great addition to the Havenwood Falls High series. It has a great variety of supernatural beings; their various relationships highlight well the problems and biases that can occur in real life. I loved how the characters in the “Scooby Gang” meshed together well, even though they all had their differences. I also enjoyed how the strong female lead, Willa, learns to follow her destiny by being true to herself and to those she cares for. Themes of romance, betrayal, bullyin ...more
Elliot A
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Written in the Stars (Havenwood Falls High Novella)
I received this ARC from Red Coat Publishing and the author in exchange for an honest review.
I was introduced to the Havenwood Falls series less than a month ago and instantly fell in love with it, so I decided to give the YA version set in and around Havenwood Falls high school a try. I have to admit that this particular novella in the YA series seems to be aimed at the younger audience of the young adult spectrum.
I found there were too many ch
Autumn
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, havenwood-falls

I received this book to give an honest review.

For a novella I really found myself enjoying the story and was a bit sad to see it end. I felt that the characters were well developed and the plot was steady.
I really liked how the alphas were women and so the pack had a female to lead them instead of the normal male alpha. That really was a selling point for me because I have never read that in a book before. Willa is a teenager and hasn't shifted yet, so she
Rabid Reader
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessy
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awww I think I’m going to like the new ya additions to Havenwood Falls. Havenwood Falls High series is the perfect way to give us more characters from those we already are growing to love. The characters are super lovable minus one or two 😉 and the feeling throughout the entire novella just makes you feel good. A good first insight to high school in Havenwood for me. It wasn’t over the top drama like most do when writing ya. So that was welcomed. Good job to the author for writing a great piece.
Susan Angela Wallace
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Written in the stars by kallie ross.
Willa is a wolf shifter. Trouble is she hasn't shifted yet so she can't make alpha until she does. She lives in havenwood where nothing is as it seems.
An absolutely fantastic read. I loved taryn and willa. And the scooby gang. Really didn't like Ana. Can't wait to read next one. 5*. Red coat pr
Tina
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book for my unbiased honest review. I loved reading Willa and Tarron's story. I couldn't put book down. I loved reading this the story was amazing and didn't disappoint.
Toni
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Written in the Stars is the first story in Havenwood Falls High Volume One, which is how I purchased it. It was the second Havenwood Falls High story I had read. That has since changed. I’ve devoured the first volume and moved onto the second already this week.

I had high expectations going into this story after reading Forever Emeline. When I first began reading, I thought the writing was a bit awkward and confusing. There are an awful lot of characters introduced within the first couple of page
Jasmyn
Willa has quite a lot on her plate. As the next in life for Alpha of the Kasun pack, she is a bit of an outcast since she hadn't shifted yet. But she seems to have adapted and moved on with her life at Havenwood High. She and several other supernaturals that aren't quite fitting in form a close group of friends. One of these is an elf by the name of Tarron

Tarron encourages Willa to find her own path and make her life her own. But the pack isn't quite done with her yet, and she's about to find ou
Tina Frazier
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler Free:
In the beginning of this book I thought that it might not be for me since it is generally written for young adults but I read this book because it is part of the Havenwood Falls Series and I love that series. As I kept reading I realized that I could relate to Willa from when I was in high school. So I kept reading to the end and found the book to be exciting and it kept my interest through out the book. I gave this book a five star rating because the book was exciting and thrilling
AJ Weedon
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written in the Stars

As part of Kristie Cooks Review Crew I was pleased to be able to read Written in the Stars on pre-release.

This novella comes under the Havenwood Falls High set of titles. Willa Kasun should be taking over the role of Alpha on her next birthday, but she hasn’t shifted into her wolf form yet. High School distractions and attractions don’t help with Willa’s situation. Will she shift before her birthday and claim her rightful place as it was written in the stars so long ago?

Much
Lora Nowak
This is one of my favorite novella's from the Havenwood Falls High series. I admire Willa's strong character and the acceptance she has to other supe's in HF that are supposedly taboo for her pack. She befriends the "Scooby Gang" comes to terms with who she is, even if she never fulfills her right of shifting and being her packs alpha. Even though the book is about supernatural beings, the things that they deal with are real in our society and Willa doesn't give in to what she is "supposed" to d ...more
Jenn Cunha
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC for an honest review.

So I've read a few Havenwood Falls books, but this is my first Havenwood High book and I think it might be my favorite. While a little predictable, I truly enjoyed reading about Willa and her relationship with her brother as well as her new friendship with Tarron and the gang. I liked that this group shirked expectations and found one another. I don't know if it was the YA hint of romance or the high school clique-iness or the way Willa wanted nothing more th
Alana
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been patiently waiting for this series, after falling in love with the other Havenwood Falls series I was so excited there was going to be a YA series too!! I simply love how all the books an both series are from different characters but common elements and events are woven carefully through making it uniquely a part of the Havenwood falls community.
I really enjoyed Willa’s journey to claim the Alpha role and the development of her relationship with Tarron. No spoilers ... so, fantastic
Shawn
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally love the entire series, in this book Willa a high school student in Havenwood Has to deal with normal and not so normal high school life. She befriends a motley crew of people who normall don't get along, but Willa being Willa is able to bring her "crew together". She struggles with Tarron because of what she wants but she knows she shouldn't be able to have. I loved this book it's well written and kept me entertained, it's a fun read as is all the stories in the series. I wish we had ...more
Kelly Mccurdy
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for my honest opinion~~

There is something about a book about finding who you really are that grabs you. You cheer for the underdog and just when things seem to be at its worst, your true self rises up and takes control. I read Written in the Stars in one sitting. It’s a great, fast paced book that will leave you smiling through out the whole book. The characters that Kallie has created has chemistry that is perfect for each other. The flow of the book is beautiful a
Halie Moore
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
<3 what can I say? I love the Havenwood Falls books and I love that these are showing us the next generation growing up in Havenwood Falls. Willa is a strong character with big decisions to make regarding her future. She’s unsure if she wants the legacy that’s been handed down to her but she also has no clue if she can even fulfill that role if she does want it. The only thing she’s sure of is she wants change. She doesn’t want the worlds to be so separated. Tarron, Kase, Elle, Scarlett and B ...more
Renee Stokes
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Written in the Stars is another good novella from The Havenwood Falls High series. The novella centers on alpha in waiting Willa Kasun whose an outsider in her pack because her wolf has yet to appear. Willa's journey from outsider to alpha is well written with interesting characters. However, the novella format didn't allow for fully developed characters, especially the Scooby Gang and the Kasun brothers.
Lisa Lopez
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This stand alone book undoubtedly is a fantastic read. To follow ones true self and not allow yourself to be sucked into what is the norm shows strength in a strong female named Willa. The dynamic of the characters fit perfectly with one another and I really enjoyed the variety of Supernatural beings in the book. If you enjoy a well written book, a strong female lead, and finding ones destiny; then give this one a chance.
Crystal Gray
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed catching up with the Kasun's after reading A Pack of Lies:. Even thought it was another generation it wasn't all at once. Willa has so much on her shoulders, I loved watching her come into her own. Even when it wasn't what was popular or what the pack wanted. I can't wait to read more!
Jeraca
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.

Havenwood Falls HIGH #1

Willa is the alpha to her werewolf pack. The only problem is that she hasn't been able to shift yet, which poses a problem to her being the alpha. She has until she turns 18 before that status leaves her family and moves on to another family in her pack, ending the long-line tradition of her family being the leader of their pack.

So Willa has been kind of outcasted in her group. She decides to s
little 'ole me
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another sweet novella to read about this fictional town in America where supernatural and humans live alongside each other. This novella is based on teenagers in high school and facing the prejudices that many teems come across today and the barriers involved which need breaking down to make it a better place.
I love how many authors take on pieces of the town and intertwine with each other.
Tabi Ann
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Story

I have fallen in love with the Havenwood Falls books and this one was no exception. It was the perfect story about two people from different worlds wanting to fall in love and the trials that comes with that.

Very Enjoyable read and it keeps you engrossed in the story. It has the typical teenage drama, written perfectly.

Until Next Time... Tabi
Melissa
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I did feel it was a bit short, yes I know it's a novella, but I felt there was definitely more to explain. I wanted to know more about all the characters. Overall this series is great have enjoyed it immensely. I did receive this copy free for an honest review and would definitely recommend the series.
Danielle Dunbar
These short stories are a good read to help you pass the time and fill the gaps in between your supernatural withdrawals. The story was cute and told of the struggle of different races falling in love. Something that unfortunately is still an issue in the real world to this day. Of teenage struggles having to grow up and be responsible and of loss.
Sue M. Van
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those who are late starters in life, this is the story for you. How would you feel if people looked down on you simply because you didn't follow in the same footsteps of those who came before you? That's what this story is all about. I really enjoyed this storyline. It brought to mind a little of myself as a much younger person. I would highly recommend it.
Roxanne Davies
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and I'm loving everything that Havenwood Falls has had to offer so far.
I felt there were too many characters to keep up with at times but I do love Willa's character although I do believe she could of shown more leadership tendencies throughout the story and of course I love Tarron's cheeky and charming little character.
Overall I liked the story line and characters.
Ter Wilson
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This would be my first book from Kallie Ross. Upon finishing the the novella my first thought was, holy batman balls, I have been completely missing out. Kallie style of writing is fun and refreshing.

As for another adventure in Havenwood Falls, I was fully entertained and refused to adult until I came to the end. I hope to see more of Willa and her friends.
Lisa Lopez
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Willa Kasun's life is not ordinary. She's expected to lead a life that she yearns for but seems out of reach. Like many people who have forks in the road, do you give up when it seems all is lost or do you fight for one's destiny. I enjoyed reading this Havenwood Falls Novela. Your drawn to the characters, especially Willa. She's incredible and more than your average shifter.
Facebook Pinterest RSS Twitter

Writing unique adventures with heart.

Kallie Ross has a passion for writing that has become an adventure in itself. She desires to create unique young adult fiction that incorporates legend, conjecture, fantasy, and conviction.

In addition to loving her life as a writer, Kallie adores being a wife, mother, friend, and teacher. She began her creative journey with books, a blog, podcast, and l

Havenwood Falls High (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Reawakened (Havenwood Falls High #2)
  • The Fall (Havenwood Falls High #3)
  • Somewhere Within (Havenwood Falls High #4)
  • Awaken the Soul (Havenwood Falls High #5)
  • Bound by Shadows (Havenwood Falls High #6)
  • Inamorata (Havenwood Falls High #7)
  • Fata Morgana (Havenwood Falls High #8)
  • Forever Emeline (Havenwood Falls High #9)
  • Reclamation (Havenwood Falls High #10)
  • Avenoir (Havenwood Falls High #11)