Start by marking “A Reflection of Ice” as Want to Read:
A Reflection of Ice

A Reflection of Ice

Lyra plunges into the woods for refuge, leaving the discovery of her stepmother’s affair and the woman’s ensuing rage back at the trailer park. However, a mysterious ringing in the forest leads her to a different sort of sanctuary, a castle of ice with a lonely prince living in his solitary kingdom.

While the castle holds haunting ballrooms, vast gardens, and rooms filled w
ebook
Published March 27th 2018 by Opal Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about A Reflection of Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Reflection of Ice

Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful, haunting, and vividly told. Entranced from the beginning and got lost in the words. An intoxicating escape desperately needed at the time it was read. I thank the Author for providing a copy to review!!

~~~Erika, Book Haven Book Blog
Einar Mercier
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything you love about Katherine McIntyre's paranormal fiction is contained in, "A Reflection of Ice," but with a newfound grit that brings the opening pages of her newest novel to life with adversity that is relatable to the reader and a reality so textured that it puts you over the shoulder of the heroine on an unforgettable adventure between worlds.

Forgoing her well-loved plot devices, the author instead writes a character-centric fiction with a slow-building forboding that captures a ten
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
A Reflection of Ice is a contemporary, urban, fairy-tale suited more to the Brothers Grimm than Disney! Lyra is a young girl at school, struggling with issues in her home life. When she arrives home earlier than expected one day, she sees something she shouldn't and ends up fleeing. During her escape, she finds somewhere new and shiny (literally). Exhausted from her escape, she is rescued and taken into the home. Once she awakens, she finds out she is in between. She has a choice to make - stay ...more
Cassandra
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal
I was surprised with how much I enjoyed this book. It’s definitely not in the realm of what I typically read, but it was really well done and intriguing so it really caught my attention.

First off, it’s a YA. I don’t recall ever coming across the characters age, just that she’s in school and lives with her parents. However, she’s a great character with a healthy amount of skepticism due to a rocky background. Which I loved, because this girl enters into this crazy ice castle situation and actual
Becky Baldridge
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fairy tale? Absolutely, but not the fluffy, everything's sunshine and roses kind. This wonderfully written fantasy is dark and gritty with a building tension reminiscent of The Brothers Grimm. The story opens with Lyra running away from her less than ideal circumstances and finding refuge in a mysterious ice castle. With a growing list of things that aren't quite right, Lyra realizes that she may have run into more trouble than she was running from. From start to finish, I couldn't put this one ...more
Tiffany Ransier
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love fairy-tale stories but this one is different than ones I’ve previously read, but it’s a good thing! I like that it was darker. Lyra was the perfect heroine for this story and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I read this one within a day and I can’t wait to read more from this author! (Why did I take so dang long to read this)

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Brandi Brooks-Bemiss
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lyra's loneliness is something many young people can relate to. Especially since you don't have to be alone to be lonely. But, this "chilling" story has you cheering for the protagonist. The writer's ability to color a scene well enough to envision the smallest detail was a wonderful way to help propel the reader to the imaginary land. A quick read full of the strains of reality, the wonder of fantasy and how those two realms seem to exist simultaneously.
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Reflection of Ice by Katherine McIntyre is a wonderful fairy tale to read. This is a dark fairy tale but I love how it is writen and I can not get enough of this story or author. I can not wait to see what the author writes next and I highly recommend this story.

Monique
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short but very enjoyable read! Quite the eerie setting, that’s for sure. I enjoyed how the story was described and the characters, and how our young protagonist learns some vital life lessons along the way.
Elizabeth
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
There just aren't enough good Bluebeard retellings! I really enjoyed this one! Lyra kept her head on her shoulders and trusted her instincts. I wonder what other sort of adventures Katherine McIntyre can come up with!
Janice perry
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting story. I liked it.
Jackie
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story! Lyra runs away from a bad situation at home and finds an ice castle. Whether the situation is better is soon to be found out. A definite keep on reading type of story.
Berzerkertiki
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of the author's works up to this point, and I will say without a shadow of a doubt that Reflections of Ice was a beautiful culmination of this author's talent. While the usual snark that has been a large presence of Katherine's work in mostly absent, the author's poetry roots take that place and really shine beautifully here in her prose and blend perfectly with the world building seen in places like the "Philadelphia Coven Chronicles" and the "Take of the Skies" series.

If you ha
Melanie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lyra's home life sucks..her dad has a gf who is nasty and while hes away Lyra's life sucks... one day while fleeing her dad gf to comes across an ice castle.. inside she is not sure what to make of the place but she has two choices to stay or to go... This story had a good story line but I would of liked more about how the castle started

InD'tale Magazine
“A Reflection of Ice” is not a romance: there is no kissing, hugging, HEA, or romantic overtures.

Read full review in the 2018 July Aug issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Rachel
Feb 22, 2018
Adrienne
Mar 09, 2018
Katherine McIntyre
Mar 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dany Denise
Dec 07, 2018
Valerie
is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2018
Strong women. Strong words.

Katherine McIntyre is a feisty chick with a big attitude despite her short stature. She writes stories featuring snarky women, ragtag crews, and men with bad attitudes—high chance for a passionate speech thrown into the mix. As an eternal geek and tomboy who’s always stepped to her own beat, she’s made it her mission to write stories that represent the broad spectrum of
“In the thick of the woods with a carpet of matted needles, the sharp scent of pine, and the fragrant breezes of a winter wind, she was home.” 2 likes
“They’d sat under the starlight and shared quiet conversation and had both read together during the day, happy amidst all of nature’s splendor. On the days the urge to run away grew too strong to bear, she remembered for dear life.” 2 likes