Start by marking “The Rejected Writers' Christmas Wedding (Southlea Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rejected Writers' Christmas Wedding (Southlea Bay, #3)

The Rejected Writers' Christmas Wedding

(Southlea Bay #3)

Southlea Bay's favorite sweethearts, Flora and Dan, are getting married and the members of the Rejected Writers' Book Club are excited to help. Especially the group's head honcho, Doris Newberry, who, much to Flora’s frustration, wants to control every detail, attempting to strong-arm Flora into accepting ridiculous wedding vows, wayward bongo players and into wearing a ...more
Published October 24th 2017 by Kindle Press

Start your review of The Rejected Writers' Christmas Wedding (Southlea Bay, #3)
DJ Sakata
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

A busboy arrived at the table and gave us unsure glances. We had never really lived down the rumors that we were just a bunch of cougars after one of the young busboys, even though we’d just been looking for chorus members for our musical show. The sandy-haired boy approached the table, biting his lip.

“I love red… I’ve always wanted to be a scarlet woman.” Lottie, who was looking at lace gloves in a wooden drawer, didn’t look up when she said dryly, “What do you mean
Joan
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third in the Rejected Writers series. It's as funny as the others. I don't know how Kelman keeps creating such great plots with warmth and humor propelled by crazy characters.

In this slice of small town life on an island in the Pacific Northwest, the ladies plan a wedding. Things get pretty crazy when Doris thinks she can make all the arrangements for Flora, the soft spoken bride. There is one laugh out loud scene after another.

The novel also has its serious side when a
lorna breau
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book I've read by this author . They are light and funny and I find myself laughing

out loud. They are different from the types of books I usually read but I read the three of them in two days. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a good laugh with all the women in them.
Nancy
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Southlea Bay is a community that cares about each other. Sometimes Flora wishes they would not be so ready to give their opinion about everything in her life. Will she be able to have the wedding she wants with so many ideas on what she should do. Sometimes the Rejected Writer's Club walk all over each other to decide what is to be done. They all work to make strangers welcome and part of the community so no matter what happens that is a great influence to the new man in town. Will they be an ...more
Nikki Brown
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd book in this funny trilogy about a group of Rejected Writers.

This book is about Dan and Flora's wedding, how Doris takes over (again!), and a secret emerges which threatens to stop the wedding. Stacy arrives again, this time with the twins in tow but without her husband, Chris.

I'm not going to say anymore as I don't want to spoil the story, but suffice to say is as good as the 1st 2 books. Look out for Gladys, waitress at the Crab Apple Diner, she says the most funny one liners!

I'm
Annie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another story full of the wonderful locals who live in Southlea Bay !

I have laughed and cried my way through this book with the wonderful and quite crazy at times members of The Rejected Writers Club ! The characters are all such a wonderful mix in memory of similar people I have known in my life plus the types of characters I would adore to have in my life especially now in my Twilight years
Debby
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy the Rejected Writers' characters and how they have developed. Each has remained true to character throughout and what characters some of them are.

It is a light, lovely read and I truly enjoyed it! I can see it and it's predecessors becoming a Hallmark movie. There is suspense, laughter, a few warm tears and love sprinkled throughout with a wonderful overriding theme of friendship and family.

I recommend it as a "feel good" read. Enjoy!
Evelyne Fallows
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third novel I've read in that series and am not getting tired of those fun, zany and touching characters. The wedding scene alone made me laugh my head off...I highly recommend it if you want to laugh, be touched and immersed in that small town community where a lot is happening!
Julie
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A piece of fluff that I needed at this time. Funny, gentle, sweet, and there was a plot that kept my interest. I enjoy this series.
Kathleen Gray
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is best characterized as mad cap adventures with women. It might be hard to fully appreciate this latest installment in the series if you haven't read the earlier ones because there's a lot going on among the group that is more meaningful if you are familiar with the relationships. That said, the basics of this- that Flora, the bride, takes off when a stranger (to the others) turns up in town just before her wedding to Dan- are the skeleton for a pretty entertaining road trip. Periodically ...more
Tessa Stockton
This series has kept me laughing. Clever story, quirky and irritatingly loveable characters, crazy yet warm small-town antics – it's the best of everything. I've thoroughly enjoyed following The Rejected Writers and have been completely entertained by them. For me, this was also nostalgic as I grew up near where this book was set. The culture, dynamics, and personalities are truly fitting – and gosh darn it, I’m homesick.
FNM
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Being the third book in the series, I think I probably should of read the others first, however it does still work as a standalone. There are more than a few laugh out loud moments and the characters are fun and quirky, would recommend, however may need to read the first books for a more enjoyable read.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Melissa Henderson
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this story!!! From the first page, I was laughing out loud. The characters are unique and the story is heartwarming and hilarious at the same time. Truly, I did not want this story to end. This is a book that I will read again and again.
Jackie
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Flora and Dan are getting married with a bit of help from the gang. Unfortunately it doesn’t go smoothly. Hilarious as usual, just made my day, loved it.
Eileen
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laughed out loud

Janet once again gets involved in craziness with the Rejected Writers club. This time it all revolves around Flora’s wedding. This is the third in the series. It could probably stand alone, but read the others, you will laugh.
Mary
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from NetGalley and this is my honest review. I so enjoyed going back to Southlea Bay for the wedding of Flora and Dan. It is always fun to see what the writers' club gets up to in these books. I feel as if Southlea Bay and the cast of characters are all old friends now and I look forward to sharing many more adventures with them.
Anita Kovacevic
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
There is something melancholic about reading the final part of a book series. I've now read all the books in The Rejected Writers' Southlea Bay series, and reading the final pages was like saying goodbye to old friends, or at least very good acquaintances. You know those people you always look forward to meeting again at the vacation spot you like to revisit with your family? Yes, them. This series has been like that fun vacation for me - a witty and warm account of extraordinarily ordinary ...more
Layla
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not sure I should have read this book without reading the other in the series... But I still enjoyed the story. The characters were lovable and the friendship amazing. Big plus of the book, it's a book club!! How can any book lovers not like that ?
It was a nice read but I think I'm going to read the other books now.

*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.
Alicia
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
“The Rejected Writers’s Christmas Wedding” (A Southlea Bay novel) by Suzanne Kelman

Flora and Dan are finally getting married!! A day they both have been looking forward to for a long time. Flora has everything almost set, but they are not up to Doris’s liking!! And we all know what that means: fight Doris or give in to her outlandish ideas. And quiet Flora is hoping if she goes along with Doris she can appease her but still keep her plans already set. No dice. When Flora loses her temper and
Kathy
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

I love all the characters that live in Southlea Bay this cozy series by Suzanne Kelman will make you laugh and cry and is a must read I can't wait till the next one
Deanna
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So funny!

I am so grateful that I found the Rejected Writers. What a wonderful ensemble of characters. This was the third book in the series and just as crazy as the others. This one was a little more real with Flora and Dans approaching wedding. I felt for Flora having to deal with Doris and her hilarious crazy ideas. I'm glad she was able to find her voice. I do hope there will be more stories to follow. I can totally picture Gladys waiting on the group at the Crab and Lottie and Lavinia
Carol
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series! The familiar characters are all up to their old tricks, with the new characters adding intrigue. The dialogue is smooth and the plot flows. This is a laugh out loud funny, madcap adventure. Again, as in the previous instalments, the spirit of friendship and community is alive and well in this hilarious and touching tale. I would highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys women's literature, cozy mysteries, and laughing out loud.
Hooterville67
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this series.

If you are looking for an enjoyable read, this is it. I absolutely adore the quirky characters. The story is a continuation of a riotous romp. I love that you never know what direction the grumbling group will go. It is easy to imagine that these adventures actually happened. Bravo! Thanks for a fun read.
April H.
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I would have loved this book if there were any references to what happened in the previous books. Since I did not read them, I had a hard time understanding most of the book and found it really confusing.
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Deborah Reynolds
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked the Rejected Writers series because (1) it was funny and light, (2) it was a quick read, (3) I'm familiar with the northwest setting, and (4) this kind of fiction gives me a nice break from the more serious books I read.

I just have one other thing to say.... Doris is freakin crazy!
Emilie Perez
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marvellously enchanting.

As a continuation of the 2 previous books it was simply wonderful. Will there be a sequel,I truly hope so because this bunch is a lot of fun.
Misty
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I love this series! The different personalities make up a wonderful and funny group of ladies! This is one book worth a read!
Kim
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crazy girls

This is another great book from Suzanne Kelman. I have read the three book series and I am hoping there will be more. Oh the stuff these women get into.
Dena
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd book in the series and my favorite out of the three. I loved the story line with Flora and Dan and it had just a little mystery in it that the other two books didn't have. Fun read.
donna sharp
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining Book

This was another good book with this crazy bunch of ladies. There was laughter and tears. Very entertaining to read.

• Treasure Me (Liberty, #2)
  • Grace
  • Submitting to the Cattleman (Cowboy Doms, #6)
  • The Blue-Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee (Cadillac, Texas, #1)
  • The Widow of Rose House
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Whispers at the Bluebell Inn (Hope Cove #4)
  • Holly Banks Full of Angst
  • If You Love Me, I'm Yours
  • Seeing Double (Heartbreaker #1)
  • Heartaches and Christmas Cakes (Wartime Bakery #1)
  • Summer at the Old Boathouse (Hope Cove #3)
  • The Fake Fiance's Billionaire Adversary: A Caprock Canyon Romance Book Two
  • The Best Friend's Billionaire Brother: A Caprock Canyon Romance Book One
  • Rough Love
  • Austin (The Adlers #3)
  • One Christmas Star
  • The Family Journal
Suzanne Kelman is the Amazon International Bestselling author of "The Rejected Writers' Book Club", published by Lake Union, which is the first book in the Southlea Bay series. Also in the series, "Rejected Writers Take the Stage" and "The Rejected Writers' Christmas Wedding".

In 2019 Suzanne is releasing her first Historical Fiction book inspired by a true story called, "A View Across the

Southlea Bay (3 books)
  • The Rejected Writers' Book Club (Southlea Bay, #1)
  • Rejected Writers Take the Stage (Southlea Bay, #2)