Start by marking “Unorthodox Chemistry (The Unorthodox Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Unorthodox Chemistry (The Unorthodox Trilogy #2)

Unorthodox Chemistry

(Unorthodox #2)

Book 2 of the Unorthodox Trilogy.

He was her Master, lover and the only man who truly knew her. She was his pet, best friend and the love of his life. Sometimes that’s not enough.

LINA
He’s gone.
His absence hurts more than any whip.
Thomas saw me for who I was.
Strong on the outside, fractured and vulnerable on the inside.
Every day I struggle to rebuild my life.
I miss him. His
Published February 18th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Unorthodox Chemistry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unorthodox Chemistry

Start your review of Unorthodox Chemistry (The Unorthodox Trilogy #2)
PointedlyBlunt
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book of the Unorthodox Trilogy and cannot be read as a standalone.
**Spoilers if you haven’t read Unorthodox Therapy.**

Book one ended with Thomas leaving Lina for – what he considered to be - her own good and help her heal faster after the attack by Seth. Now months later, neither Thomas nor Lina are coping well with the breakup. Lina gets almost no sleep and has become dependent on OCD-like “procedures” that reassure her she’s safe. Thomas has turned to whiskey and, since he l
Pat
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story was well written and the characters so well developed that I was totally engaged throughout the entire book!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Ola Adamska
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a read! Well written, characters so real.
This read will take you in The middle of your darkness in those characters and you will Love it.
This is not a book where everything is Easy.
D/s thing and Thomas thoughts in The end had been so powerfull inside my mind.
Trigger warning: abuse, Power exchange, masochism, bondage.
Iris
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good story. The chemistry between the characters is exceptional.

I received an ARC in exchange of an honest review.
Terri Trawets
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book two of a trilogy, and it is amazing! This story picked up shortly after book one ended. It is filled with the travail of two souls fighting their way out of the depths of hell. It is deliciously dark and painfully erotic.

Lina survived a trauma, but is still riddled with paranoia and OCD. Now, she must find a way to cope with and learn to overcome the residual effects. She will! She must! For now, this is a Lina again on her own, a Lina without Thomas. This is Lina, trying to surviv
Energy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's really important to read the previous books in this series to really get a grasp of the beautiful story that Noir has weaved for us. So there is a chance the book is going to be spoiled in this review, but the review needs to be able to do the book justice.

Thomas and Lina have been apart for months, and Lina, now suffering from PTSD, needs to move on. She is bogged down by rituals, reflective of OCD, just to help her cope through the day. But she has found a safety net in Nate. He's calm,
Rhonda Hicks
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an intense, emotional rollercoaster. The continuation of Thomas and Lina's story is both heart breaking and sexually charged.
Lina is going to a psychiatrist trying to get herself together but only managing to fix the outer shell. Her inside is still broken and even though she's sleeping, it's only a few hours a night and that's only while she holds the collar Thomas gave her to her chest.
Thomas has completely fallen apart. Because of the picture scandal, the rumors at ChaosTech and co-work
Linda
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a continuation of Thomas and Lina's story which began in Unorthodox Therapy and picks up a while after their break up. Lina barely sleeps, still fearful even though her ordeal with Seth is over and he's safely locked away in prison. Her heart is still broken because Thomas walked away and although she is now in a relationship with Nate, she can't forget Thomas or how it felt to submit to him.

Thomas is a drunken mess of a man because of all the guilt and regret he carries, not only
Rachel
Lina is still dealing with her demons and issues from her attack. Trying to move on by herself is proving tiring and seriously not working. While at a tech conferences she runs into someone (Nate from book 1 smoker outside the bar) and decides that she's tired of being lonely. She accepts his invitation for a drink and things set into motion. While the relationship isn't exactly what she needs, it helps to curb her loneliness.

Lina is extended an invitation to Allie's birthday party, and while s
Anne Baker
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nobody Get’s What They Truly Deserve.
Lilah E. Noir never disappoints. An awesome read that deserves so much more than a quick review on Amazon! This second part in this superb trilogy only confirms what a great Author and read this truly is! Lina has settled for a normal relationship with Nate, what a mistake! Thomas is broken and Allie his BF has to take matters into her own hands to help him recover, what a devious Domme Allie is! Can Allie heal Thomas and Nate? Will Nate submit to Allie? Are
Brittany Alexander
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book and I definitely loved the second book. I absolutely love Thomas and Lina, they are just perfect together! This book is long like the first one, taking me a few days to finish.

And let me tell you something. If you haven't read these books before, the sex is H O T. On fire, some of the hottest sex I think I've ever read. The scenes are long, but they don't seem to get boring. They never do the same thing twice, always keeping things fresh and spicy.

There's a little bit of
Juliette Banks
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often that I find a sequel better and more powerful than the first book, but in this case I did. I found myself reading long into the night because I didn’t want to put the book down.

Lina and Thomas have parted, and both have difficulty coping with the fallout from what took place between them in the first book. The author pulls no punches in describing the depths of despair into which they have sunk. I found myself fully vested in the emotional turmoil that swirls all around them, as
Amy
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This continuation of Thomas and Lina's story truly breaks your heart. Their breakup is so sad and even though you know it is happening you still want it to stop. Seth is such a poisonous character that wrecks havoc even when he is gone. Allie is such a strong character and is a force to be reckoned with. You can't help but fall in love with her no holds barred approach. Allie plays such a large role in this story that you want to know more about her. I hope that she gets her own story.
Just when
Margaret Corcoran
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is part of a series. I think that it can be read as a standalone but I am not sure that the story would be understood. The book draws the reader into the lives of the characters. They are wonderfully entralling and enchanting. It's a brilliant read. It's a hot and slightly heavy BDSM story not really for the feint hearted. I found it hard to put down. I wanted to read this book quickly but it refused to let me go, I had to read every word and page. The story is full of clues from the p ...more
Julie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thomas is so real. I love how we get to see his insecurities and vulnerability. Most dom/alpha males are portrayed as dominate men who know what their sub needs at all times. They make no mistakes and are always strong. This series gives us the nitty gritty of each character and you can’t help but fee; deeply for them.
Please read the warning as this is not for everyone. This falls on the lighter side of my darkness but still might not be your cup of tea. This is not a standalone. Some may be abl
Pat Orendorff
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unless you have read the first book, Unorthodox Therapy, this one will not make sense. I loved the first one and think that this one may be even better with the characters evolving further. Allie is Thomas's best friend and savior but her interference might backfire and cause more harm than good. Thomas and Lina have so much to sort out and they have go through more agony to try to do it
I was so entranced that I did nothing else but read to the end and now have to wait for the third one.
I receiv
Sarah Stein
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the series did not disappoint. Once again if I could give it more than five stars I would. This author is so descriptive. I felt as if I were feeling what Lina and Thomas were going through. It focuses on fixing their relationship, if there even is one after what Lina went through with Seth. Such a remarkable story. I’m also intrigued with Allie’s background. I’m hoping to read some of what she goes through as well. Maybe in the figure. I’m definitely looking forward to the th ...more
Tianna McPherson (Anna Lee)
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you liked book 1 this book was a whole lot better. We see this side of everyone that we didn't get to beforr. We also learned a few things about them. It was as if we knew what was going to happen but then it went a different way. This one is so worth the read and I so can't wait to read what book 3 is going to give us. Simply Amazing. 5 stars for sure. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy.
Jo-Ann Forrest
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This picks up where we were left on the cliffhanger. They are both struggling separately with what happened to them. This book will delve in the psychological side of their break up as well as the healing process they are both going through to get over each other. The story intensifies as we go along but the story's climax should be epic in itself. I can't wait to read the end of their journey. I voluntarily reviewed an arc.
Pamela
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this narrative Thomas and Lina's lives become even more complicated as they continue to see each other outside of work. Their story is fast-paced and continually bogged down with misunderstandings and unexpected situations. It's enough to discourage even the most optimistic couple. I found this story to be a very fast read, the characters are very likable and the unpredictable plot is constantly surprising me.
Monique Hebert
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is an intense book with a dark edge to it. It includes BDSM with characters who love and trust each other. The power exchange in this relationship is intriguing and pulls me in. I enjoy reading about their struggles and the rekindling of their beautiful love for each other. Love this author!!
Yvonne
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well...

This series is a good read, but I keep getting brought back to feeling that it drags. Yes, I do wanna know how the third and final part adds to it. Just feels like it is lacking "something" to make it amazing. Waiting on Unorthodox Union in the fall. Hopefully that brings it all together.
Becca
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The twisted tale continues. I found this book much like the last one. Enticing, unexpected & overly detailed with parts you couldn’t detach me with a crow bar and parts that were a struggle to stay connected. Has some OMG moments that pleasantly didn’t play out the way I expected!! Another cliff hanger, irksome but brilliant to make me need to read book three ASAP ...more
Barbara Matthewman
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Convincing

If you've got to this point in the trilogy you're already as hooked as I am, now where are we going in this tangled web of submission/dominance, love/hate, sadism/masochism amid all the ripples and crashing waves of life, friends and enemies.
Lilah is a mistress of the threads that bind it all together and I follow gladly.
Suzanne
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling, twists

This was a thrilling, twisted bdsm story. Would Lina and Thomas paperback. Why d I'd Mate appear at the co reference. Will mate become hooked on mistress Sheila
Jean Craven
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very well written

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.It was really very erotic and very romantic. I would never want to crawl for any com but I loved reading this story. Can't wait to read the next part
Shell
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darker than what I normally read, Unorthodox Chemistry is a great book! Following the characters from the first book, it's easy to get into the story and how they overcome there past. Can't wait for the last book in the series to come out.
Michaelann Jackson
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel!

This was a great sequel! It addresses old and new issues with the couple, added new complex characters and left the ending open for another book. As usual great sex too!
Holli Cadwell
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME OMG GREAT WONDERFUL

These books are so amazing!!! I can't believe how much I am enjoying them. Can't wait for the next one in the line. You are so gifted, talented, please don't stop!
Donna White
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting if you think you can handle this type of lifestyle. It can get very dark. Sometimes it feels as though it rambles on though in parts, and others you can't put it down.

• Ravaged (His For A Week, #2)
  • Fire (Special Agent BDSM, #4)
  • Tormented (His For A Week, #3)
  • Daddy's Belt
  • Bared: A Dark Romance
  • Her Royal Master (Master Me, #1)
  • Devastated (His For A Week, #4)
  • Ward, A Dark Romance
  • Bought (His For A Week, #1)
  • Saving Savannah (Haven, Texas, #3)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Alpha's Prey (Shifter Fight Club #4)
  • Embers (Special Agent BDSM #5)
  • In Sir's Arms (Brie's Submission Book 16)
  • Booted (Trails of Sin, #3)
  • Girl on the Edge
  • Black (Black #1)
Lilah E. Noir is an author of dark erotic novels and stories with elements of taboo, seduction and different aspects of the BDSM spectrum. There is usually an element of romance and tenderness but don't expect her to write a sweet love story only with affectionate vanilla sex.

Lilah is an author of Stroker Ace, a novella focused on a young couple's dying marriage and the mysterious Domme who helps

Unorthodox (3 books)
  • Unorthodox Therapy (The Unorthodox Trilogy, #1)
  • Unorthodox Union (The Unorthodox Trilogy, #3)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...