Start by marking “Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2)

Rule of Wolves

(King of Scars #2)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  34,716 ratings  ·  6,947 reviews
The Grishaverse will be coming to Netflix soon with Shadow and Bone, an original series!

The wolves are circling and a young king will face his greatest challenge in the explosive finale of the instant #1 New York Times-bestselling King of Scars Duology.

The Demon King. As Fjerda's massive army prepares to invade, Nikolai Lantsov will summon every bit of his ingenuity and ch
Published March 30th 2021 by Orion Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Rule of Wolves, please sign up.
Megan Conway Leigh recently said on Twitter that she had initially hoped to have it out 1st quarter 2020, but most likely it won't be out until summer or fall 2020…moreLeigh recently said on Twitter that she had initially hoped to have it out 1st quarter 2020, but most likely it won't be out until summer or fall 2020.(less)
KIKI
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  34,716 ratings  ·  6,947 reviews

Start your review of Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2)
Cindy
Jun 12, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book would best be enjoyed by readers who are mega-fans of the Grishaverse characters and want to see more of them. Narratively however, this felt unnecessarily long and convoluted to me due to the number of character perspectives and storylines shoved in. I think the book would have been stronger if it the plot were more contained, rather than trying to expand the politics and magic system in ways that didn’t make sense, and if it had focused on a smaller number of central characters to fu ...more
Kat
Jun 11, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
we have officially reached the point where i no longer really know what constitutes a good or bad installment in the grishaverse. ngl, rule of wolves was a big long messy mess but i had fun??? definitely haven't screamed this much while reading in a loooooooong time (rip my poor vocal cords).....zoyalai endgame was excellent too, and totally worth the wait <3 ...more
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Mark my words, on May 6th, 2018, that I'm calling it now: the title of this book needs to be... Queen of Mourning. Page 455 of Crooked Kingdom, y'all. King of Scars? Queen of Mourning? Doesn't it have such a good ring to it?!

AUGUST 22, 2020 UPDATE:
... don't talk to me. 😑
NReads
Feb 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
this book can slap me and i would still say thank you
chai ♡
Feb 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
The girl of my dream is just me but she already has this book
jessica
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
omg. stop it. LB did NOT just make the final chapter a teaser for a third six of crows book. im screaming.

the entire book was worth it just for that alone.

5 stars
Tharindu Dissanayake
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“All the Saints and their ugly mothers.”

Bardugo has outdone herself again! Based on a lot of reviews, I didn't expect this series to measure up to the standards set by SoC - and the first book did feel like a step down - but Rule of Wolves makes a phenomenal comeback! For me, this second book is right up there with SoC duology, and I loved every bit of it.

“I have a surplus of bad ideas,”

It feels repetitive to mention how much I've come to admire Bardugo's writing, world building, and character
franzi ✿
Mar 26, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trash
SPOILERS

EDIT: after a couple of hours of sleep there’s honestly so much more i could talk about. from both of leigh’s heroines (old and new) being shoehorned into a maternal role that fits neither of them, to nina’s rushed romance with hanne and the way leigh handled zoya’s suli heritage. but there aren’t enough hours in the day and patience in me to discuss it all.

ORIGINAL:
i know this is 4 days before the official release date, but my copy got shipped early.
heads up: if you're a die-hard fan of
krista ☽✧
This is what love does. In stories , love healed your wounds , fixed what was broken , allowed you to go on. But love wasn't a spell , some kind of benediction to be whispered, a balm or a cure-all. It was a single , fragile thread, which grew stronger trough connection , trough shared hardship and honored trust.....''

But maybe that was the trick of it; ; too survive , to dare to stay alive , to forge your own hope when all hope had run out. ''

summary/opinion , no spoilers off the previou
Hamad
Aug 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Normal people: Rule of Wolves sound awesome

Me who read Crooked Kingdom & is still traumatized: Why does it have wolves in the title? :((((((
Elle (ellexamines)
Aug 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
not to be dramatic but oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god
Tiffany Miss.Fiction
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.
Leigh deserves the world.
I deserve an ambulance.
Mash
*.·:·.☽✧ 5 stars ✧☾.·:·.*

NOTE: Umm, so I accidentally hit character limit so forgive me for ending the review abruptly!

**This will contain spoilers from the previous books from the Grishaverse (including the Shadow and Bone trilogy and the Six of Crows duology) and from King of Scars, All spoilers for this book specifically are marked by 💜💜**

Rule of Wolves takes off immediately after where King of Scars leaves off. Ravka is still in debt and Nikolai and his friends are still reeling from the
Mariah
"Maybe that was the trick to it: to survive, to dare to stay alive, to forge your own hope when all hope had run out."

This all started in Shadow and Bone, and seeing how far we have come, all that these characters have gone through to get here is just

I honestly don't understand how people skip that series and think they can fully grasp the impact of what goes down in the SoC and N duologies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some non-spoilery thoughts for you:
-How I went from hating Zoya to her being my favorite ch
Maryam Rz.
UPDATE #2: cover title synopsis 😱
*is overwhelmed and dies*

Cover? GORGEOUS as usual *swoooons*

Title? AWESOME and thankfully not Queen of Storms—I’d have personally jumped out a window if the sequel continued to be Leigh fangirling over Zoya and forgetting Nikolai existed.

Synopsis? HOLY. Could this be everything I’d wanted King of Scars to be? Will we finally get Nikolai being a charming and kingly scheming boyo stealing all our hearts? Will there be Nina as an awesome awe-inspir
daria ❀ دریا
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4/18/21: amazing brilliant wonderful incredible never been done before!!!!

oh and re my original review: i got what i wanted and THEN SOME

watch this book kick my ass live right here: https://youtu.be/Na7PF8O3Esk

1/3/19: i will be coming to collect my zoyalai endgame this time around!! BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF SCARS & THE QUEEN OF STORMS 🤴🏼👸🏻
Natalie Monroe

“War was like fire—sudden, hungry, and easiest to stop before it took hold. He would do all he could to contain the blaze. He feared for his country and for himself. He’d be a fool not to. But some part of him, maybe the privateer, maybe the demon, maybe the prince who had clawed his way to the throne, was itching for a fight.”

Rule of Wolves is everything King of Scars should have been. I complained in my review of KoS that it felt meandering and lacked a coherent plot beyond a fanservi
✨ A ✨
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-release
Please don't kill anyone else I love in this one, I beg you.
My heart can't take it

Book 2: Crooked Kingdom

[Nikolai Series]
King of Scars
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
She sure knows how to pack a punch in her endings 😳

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
karen
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why-yes-i-ya
None of this had been fated; none of it foretold. There had been no prophecies of a demon king or a dragon queen, a one-eyed Tailor, Heartrender twins. They were just the people who had shown up and managed to survive.

But maybe that was the trick of it: to survive, to dare to stay alive, to forge your own hope when all hope had run out.

this is the second book of the third series set in bardugo's sprawling grishaverse, so unless you're already invested in this world, this review will be useless t
✨    jami   ✨
I think we can all agree zoya nazyalensky

(RTC)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series already started growing on me as I read more about characters’ POVs and getting more connected with them, being wooed by the mesmerizing world building and more action packed, riveting storyline, multiethnic, crowded, varied characterization with LGBTQ representation, the epic journey and mind blowing cliffhanger which makes you bang your head against the wall a few times because you need to wait for the next book to learn what’s gonna happen next and you keep praying the author dete ...more
Klaus
12/25 (48%) 2 stars.
I’ve read it and the best I can say about it is that it’s finally over. This the biggest disappointment of my reading life. King of Scars was a step back down the ladder, Rule of Wolves was jumping into an abyss. Because the plot is a clusterfucking convenience that doesn't make any sense at all - and because this whole book is basically a marketing skit for the adaptation.
----
Booktube Rant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN6OG...
---
Why do I say that? BECAUSE EVERYONE IS IN
Party Poison [Disco Freak Show]
I have ordered the book.
It was on sale.
At Indigo.
Now I have to finish The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue so I can read this as soon as it arrives.

If my love, Kaz Brekker, does not have a cameo in this book, I will be beyond angry.
rose ★
bumping this up to four stars because i told myself i was only allowed to buy it if it was a four or five star read but then i went ahead and bought it anyway so...

(that’s a joke, but like... kinda not. i’m gonna just go ahead and be very generous w this rating lolol. but it’s probably closer to a 3.5)

”i will always seek to make it summer for you”

ok !! so, where to begin this review?

i have to admit, my feelings toward this duology have always been complicated. i read king of scars in ap
Rae
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I’m running out of room,” she said without turning to face him.

Let's be clear about something before we start- I wasn't really a fan of Zoya. Like, I don't hate her but I also don't like her because honestly? I was pretty meh about her redemption arc in the prior books before this. Like she's just an okay character but for me to cry for her- I was like, "yeah, right". Or so I thought.
She stood with her perfect profile turned to the glittering night sky, her hood sliding bac
Farheen
Mar 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Rule of wolves was somehow everything I needed and my biggest nightmare. I love Zoya and Nikolai and they deserve all the stars but this book was a big mess. I Would've given it more if Leigh Bardugo had given Nikolai and Zoya the attention they deserved in the last chapters.

I will start with the positives. Zoya and Nikolai in my opinion are Leigh Bardugo's best characters and couple. Even with less POVS than they deserved, these two made this book somewhat good. Wish they weren't separated so
~Poppy~
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
monica kim
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-releases
i am not being hyperbolic when i say that this book is an absolute masterpiece. it is operatic at scale and has some of the greatest character work and plotting i’ve ever had the pleasure to read. leigh bardugo is a genius, and this is the single greatest end to a series that i have ever read.

also reading reviews from upset darklina shippers...you all need to go outside and touch grass.

• Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
  • The Starless Sea
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Gudetama: Mindfulness for the Lazy
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Fire & Blood, Part II
  • Woven in Moonlight (Woven in Moonlight, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Trust in God: Or, The Riddle of Kyon
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Zombie
  • A Bluer Shade of White
  • Instruments of Destruction
  • The Last Christmas
  • Ginny Weasley and the Sealed Intelligence
See top shelves…
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse (now a Netflix original series) which spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, the King of Scars Duology, and The Language of Thorns—with more to come. Her short stories can be found in multiple anthologies, including the Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy. Her othe ...more

King of Scars (2 books)
  • King of Scars (King of Scars, #1)

Articles featuring this book

“This is what love does. In the stories, love healed your wounds, fixed what was broken, allowed you to go on. But love wasn’t a spell, some kind of benediction to be whispered, a balm or a cure-all. It was a single, fragile thread, which grew stronger through connection, through shared hardship and trust.” 123 likes
“Get a message to the Crow Club,” she said. “Tell Kaz Brekker the queen of Ravka has a job for him.” 92 likes