Start by marking “Containment (Winter Solstice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Containment (Winter Solstice, #2)

Containment

(Winter Solstice #2)

Something big stirs in the murk of the Volga River, emerging at night to sow mayhem and death along the banks. Since Solstice Winters is already stranded at ground zero, she agrees to help, even though coping with giant lizards is far from her skill set as an intrepid reporter for a paranormal tabloid.

Yay for being the only elf in the world.

After narrowly escaping the Ordo
Published November 14th 2017 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Containment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Containment

Start your review of Containment (Winter Solstice, #2)
Montzalee Wittmann
Awesome elf and magic!

Containment is book 2 in the Winter Solstice series by Matthew Cox and J.R. Rain. Solstice is an albino elf with pink eyes, very short, and magical! She was kidnapped in book one but in this book she has to help rescue kidnapped people, fight off river monsters, not get re-kidnapped or killed, learn new spells, care for her talking cat familiar, and more! All while in a foreign country!
This is not only a fun to read Book but it is filled with great characters, twists, witt
Kathy - Books & Munches
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I absolutely loved how Containment started. You didn't have the regular recap you'd expect in a second installment. Instead you get your MC giving you a short, yet pretty funny recap of the events that occurred previously.

Then Mr. Moody popped back in! I'm ashamed to admit I completely forgot about this awesome cat. Sorry, Mr. Moody! He seriously is so funny, punny and amazing. Honestly, I think he makes this novel even more awesome than it already is.

As for the writing, it's simply what I expec
Dmcl
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would read a shopping list written by this pair of amazing authors, they are that good, I thoroughly enjoyed their newest heroine, Solstice Winters when I first met her in Convergence. Now in Containment, the second book of the Winter Solstice series, she finds herself in Russia, tasked with ridding the city of Volgograd of a terrifying creature who has been summoned by the Ordo Sanguinem Aeternum. In the course of her quest, she is plunged more deeply into the world of The Echo, the dimension ...more
Gina
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.

The only thing wrong with this book is that there isn't more books with these characters. I thought I would have a difficult time with all of the different Russian names of these types of monsters. But the author a good job with it.
Marie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Completely scary and awesomely written paranormal adventure.
Lady
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Trouble With Portals

•••NOT for the homophobic, transphobic, closedminded, or faint of heart!•••

This series must be read in order. The first book is Convergence. This is the second book. I can't wait to read the next one!

Finding out she is in Russia is not the biggest shock Solstice gets when she escapes the OSA. That there is a while organization dedicated to keeping magic and Numina under wraps is one of the bigger ones though. Her boss, Fenton, is one of the key members of this group, and
Dorothy Brandes
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Modern Fantasy Book

Solstice Winters was a quirky photojournalist, working for a tabloid, using her talents to track down what her paper called numina, the unusual paranormal-like creatures that, for most, seemed purely mythical beings being mistaken for the truly bizarre creatures they truly were. Then in Book 1, something happens that changes the whole world, and odd sightings start sprouting up, seemingly everywhere. Solstice begins an adventure of discovery that continues in Book 2, which t
Shakera
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5

While I found the story enjoyable, I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first one. Mr. Moody is still an awesome character, and more helpful in this story than the first one. He was funny, and down for almost anything. He kept Solstice steady, calm, and on track. Cristiano was fantastic. I was in love with him. I hope there is more of him in this series. I was hoping he would be fleshed out a bit more, and hopefully, if he's still in the series, there will be more information on hi
Anita
I enjoyed this story so much that I read all three of the series (so far) back-to-back on Kindle Unlimited. It's about a magical reawakening of the Earth (which was hurried along ahead of the normal every thousand-years-or-so schedule by technology.) The magic revealed that the heroine (Winter) is actually an elf, and the first book has a lot of other creatures that have crossed over from other dimensions. The characters are all likeable, there's a sprinkle of light-hearted humor, and enough mys ...more
Lyssa Sue Shaffer
Mr Moody is my hero!

The switch to Russian folklore and language was a bit abrupt. But it completely fit with the storyline. I wish my Kindle could have translated the dialogue... then again I am spoiled and want to understand every word on the page

Solstice is cool. I keep waiting for the Keepers to set her up with a psychiatrist. So many reality shifts back to back has got to be a little destabilizing. The onset of PTSD at a bare minimum after multiple kidnappings and attempted murder.

Calla Felicity
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elf majik and a talking cat. Don't miss it!

What a humorous, imaginative and slightly sexy elf novel! Woman elf tracks giant lizard and Russian governor sometimes under water...with a "gill" spell. A beneficent Rasputin appears and a friend who is a huge green eagle. Fun. Light. And a resourceful, quirky female lead character, Solstice, the elf. And A talking cat familiar! Read this book!
SHANE M CARRIER
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific read!

I can't wait to read more about Solstice so you guys better get busy!! I love how you've brought fantasy into the adult world and made it so realistic; you have a complete fan for sure.
Judy A. Kuhl
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite the adventure!

I had to read this second book in the series. It had interesting characters, beasts, and humor. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Gail  Barrett
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elf!
Tina
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roslyn
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5? Review to come (hopefully) ...
Niki Deerfield
Apr 17, 2019
Elizabeth Senger
Nov 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Hear No Evil (The PSI Trilogy, #1)
  • Flight 12: A PSI Thriller
  • Wolf Moon (J.R. Rain's Vampire for Hire World / Kingsley Fulcrum, Werewolf for Hire Book 1)
  • An Introduction to Paranormal Diplomacy (Vampire Innocent Book 9)
  • Division Zero (Division Zero, #1)
  • Touch No Evil (The PSI Series Book 4)
  • Etheric Explorer (Etheric Adventures: Anne and Jinx, #3)
  • See No Evil (The PSI Series Book 2)
  • Vampire Abduction (The Chronicles of the Immortal Council #1)
  • A Nighttime of Forever (Vampire Innocent, #1)
  • Huntress Initiate (Huntress Clan Saga, #1)
  • Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
  • Keep Your Enemies Closer (Alison Brownstone #11)
  • The Last Family Road Trip (Vampire Innocent, #4)
  • The Artist of Ruin (Vampire Innocent, #3)
  • A Vampire's Guide to Surviving Holidays (Vampire Innocent Book 8)
  • Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • The Phantom Oracle (Vampire Innocent, #5)
J.R. Rain is the author of 110 novels and counting. He lives on an island in the Pacific Northwest, where he's hard at work on his next novel... and fighting off sparkly vampires.

Winter Solstice (4 books)
  • Convergence (Winter Solstice, #1)
  • Catalyst (Winter Solstice, #3)
  • Catacombs (Winter Solstice, #4)