Start by marking “Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality” as Want to Read:

Published June 12th 2018 by Hay House, Inc. (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Mind to Matter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind to Matter

Start your review of Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality
Gary Moreau
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dawson Church will surely sell a gazillion books. I wonder, however, if this book will actually get the attention it deserves.

It’s really two books, not back to back, but intertwined throughout.

The first is the New Age manifesto that will surely appeal to his large following. “From that place in consciousness, you live a life of wisdom, intelligence, and love. You no longer ask for love, need love, or crave love, because you are love.” For those who aren’t currently aware of Church (I was not)
Stephen
Jan 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Mind to Matter is pseudoscience nonsense. Basically, it is about how a guy who lost his keys, spent hours looking for his keys, couldn't find his keys, ran into a kid who found his keys, and thinks his mind is creating things in the universe and then goes about to create a "scientific" theory on how this might be so. Now he thinks he is a mystic who has fused metaphysics with science. Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo.

There are so many better and more, let's say, realistic books about the ne
Narong Atsawasuranat
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is totally nonsense. It's not even a science at all. Even if the author claims many scientific discoveries, experimental results and quotes many famous scientists, he most likely misinterprets them. If you found a 10$ bill on the ground, most people would not think that it contained a special message or something instead the author thinks this banknote was on the ground just for him and it's a symbol.
Honoree
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success-reads
I'm on my 4th read of this book, and I now own it as an ebook and audiobook. So much valuable information, I'll be reviewing again and again.
Pam
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing book

I have read many books along this subject line but this is one of the best! Provides scientific “proof” of the ideas presented within the book and gives simple activities for helping the reader to change reality by using the tools of consciousness. This fact is not simply a “feel-good” fantasy, it is truth. As we become more enlightened and allow science and spirituality to coexist in this reality we ourselves create, we learn that the Mind of the Universe is within each of us.
Utpal Mondal
Oct 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Life is too short to waste on reading bad books.

By the title and photo of the front page, one can easily fall for the book thinking of neuroscience and Matter- Mind descriptions. But , this book is just a crap piece. Beautifully written with very good examples and occasional scientific theories & pictures presents this book as a well researched and logically written, but when you go deep , starts reading slowly and see the healing methods for disease cure, you get the first shock.

Questionable e
Superbunny
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
nothing new here. it's basically a compilation of excerpts from joe dispenza and lynn mctaggart's books. i found his narration and way of speaking incredibly annoying as well. it is unnatural and each word is overly pronounced and enunciated.
Andrei Miron
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pseudo science crap
Yanal
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Every creation begins as a thought, from a symphony to a marriage to an ice cream cone to a rocket launch. When we have an intention, a complex chain of events begins in our brains. Thoughts travel as electrical impulses along neural pathways. When neurons fire together they wire together, creating electromagnetic fields. These fields are invisible energy, yet they influence the molecules of matter around us the way a magnet organizes iron filings.

In Mind to Matter, award-winning researcher Daws
Terry Earley
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Revolutionary, and very enlightening.
Terry Earley
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Expand your thinking and apply mediation and tapping to your life. Church cites study after study to explain how powerful the mind can be if we let it.
Jan
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Confirmation

Before reading this book, I had come to the liberating conclusion that each of us can participate in and affect the consciousness that holds creation together. So it was very reassuring to read about both historic mystical and recent scientific validation of how consciousness is transmitted and is fundamental to the transformation of the stuff of the universe, including ourselves.

I appreciate what Dawson conveys because I had periodically entered into those peaceful frequ
Chrissy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dawson Church provides vignettes as well as research studies which prevent the subject matter from being dry. I am so excited about this book that I purchased it for my brother who has a degree in physics yet tends to be less interested in concepts like the Law of Attraction. With the scientific foundation in this book, I know he will find it intriguing. Even my father picked it up last night and began reading about synchronicity which has always been one of his interest. Speaking of synchronici ...more
Stephanie Spence
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
If you are interested in the Human Potential Movement, this book is for you. Mind To Matter was a engaging read with detailed explanations of concepts like “What brain waves are and what they do” delivered in a easy-to-digest way keeping the narrative moving along. The vast amount of studies, experiments and scientific findings is impressive and inspiring. Already a believer in most of the findings, my goal was to get to the weekly actionable items. Unfortunately, the constant mention of his wor ...more
Kat Mour
Jun 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book gave me a hard time. I really wanted to like it but I had to stop after the first few chapters (the one where it's all about what water can memorize and that Heavy Metal music makes ugly snowflakes. I just...can't.)

I'm really into positiv thinking and even the Law of Attraction, I liked Abraham's books and I'm generelly an open minded person. I DO think that your thoughts can influence your life. What pisses me off is when authors start quoting scientific studies but it's just random
Dale Muckerman
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book contains a good deal of both science and perhaps pseudoscience, but it is very good, thought-provoking pseudoscience. The vision of reality that is presented fills in a lot of gaps of the accepted scientific worldview, which is so narrow it fails to accept consciousness as a part of the empirical world.

There are a number of scientific studies mentioned in the book with intriguing results, but I am guessing they are studies that do not meet the standards of accepted science. However as
Robert Bolton
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is a good book on a wonderful an worthwhile subject but to me seemed to be going over old 'self-improvement' ground -- think 'How to Win Friends and Influence People', The Power of Positive Thinking', 'Think and Grow Rich' et al -- in a (slightly) new way with (some) scientific evidence. It's all good stuff but as I was reading it I had the feeling that I'd read it all before only this was presented with a little too much missionnary zeal. The extreme positive optimism feels artificial and ...more
Barbara Lemon
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this book. If you are ready to read this, you will not be able to put it down. I am currently rereading Autobiography of a Yogi and this book meshes quite well with that one (although nothing compares with Autobiography of a Yogi, in my opinion!). There's a lot to consider in Mind to Matter. The reader doesn't have to believe all the ideas, but, I would suggest at least read with an open mind. Very interesting and uplifting! I got the audio book and that is very well done.
Rekha Chaudhary
Big advertisement for his ecomeditation

This book was just one big advertisement for ecomeditation. Although some of the data is presented is true. I looked up references most of it is just anecdotal. An interesting and true comment in the power of the mind. I wish it was little less snake oil and mirrors and more science.
Valerie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Energy of Words

Outstanding, prolific, mind shifting book to get the neurons fired and wired in a deeper sense. The information is empowering for you. Just reading this one book inspired me to meditate twice a day by understanding the energy mind converts to matter. I'm watching it happen. Synchronicity is energy in action and not a series of coincidence. Love this book!
Ted Milne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Bunk!
MISS MFM
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m interested in this subject matter and there were a lot of ideas that came together in this book.

It’s the sort of read where one stops to copy a paragraph to keep as motivational or inspirational passage. The author presents new or alternative theories about neuroscience, health and healing, being connected when they appear separate. Each theory is backed up by studies and tests, making a very convincing case. Using examples and real life stories, the author conveys his point with in a very
Michele Harrod
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this, and totally believe that if we could learn to harness the power of our minds in positive ways, we could proactively alter the world around us. In mass force, the potential is enormous. Considering what we manifest now, ignorant of the power of our negativity, fear and anger, it really is mind-blowing to think what we could do if we could turn that in the opposite direction. At the end of the day, our own world starts in our own head, so for now, I am aiming to reconnec ...more
Deirdre Kent
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the more significant books I have read in a while. I have always been fascinated with the link between science and spirituality and this book took me a step further. Dawson Church appears to be a PhD in natural sciences (it explains why he thought m in the equation e=mc2 was matter not mass!). But the rest shows his evidence based approach to all matters of natural healing, intention experiments, meditation and so on. I learnt heaps about the different sorts of brainwaves and even went ba ...more
linda timberlake
Learned So Much plus Food for Thought

I learned so much from this very well written book. The book presents recent research results that sometimes prove, sometimes suggest how things are working in energy fields all around us, and in our hearts and brains and minds, our world, the universe.
I've been doing the ecomeditation Dawson recommends for a couple of months now and so much about my life has definitely improved!
(If you're very rigid in your religious beliefs you probably wouldn't like this
Sjj
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
For me, this book was a "good read," especially the final few chapters. After reading others' reviews, I see that the book is often rated either quite well, or quite poorly. IMHO, it probably depends on one's own experiences. In my experience, I went through a "dark night of the soul" and a following "awakening" due to the sudden and unexpected loss of a close family member. Before that event, I probably would have rated this book much lower -- after the event, I have learned a LOT and rate it h ...more
Fabiana Garcia
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, specially the extended material after each chapter. Mind opening and impressive research trying to prove quantum concepts that became kind of popular and generic nowadays. Great interviews and supporting videos on this extended material. Not to miss those. I was very impressed with some of them.
Some parts however were hard to buy. And I’m a person who always believed and lived by these concepts, having many proofs of it throughout my life. But still, it didn’t stop me from ra
James G.
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed reading this book. In the past several months, I have been educating myself on quantum physics, meditation, and positive thinking. This book gives me a map on how I can create my own reality. I am looking forward to starting my journey with the guidance of this book. The studies and research presented in this book is easily explained. I also had a hard time putting this book down at times because I became very interested in what I was reading.
Octavio
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Transform your life

If you are living a life of struggles and conflicts, this is a book you have to read right now.

The author will explain to you not only why meditation is key in your life, but also an easy to follow method to meditate without having to hone your meditation skills for twenty years.

Edison and other inventors claimed that their creation came from a common source of knowledge, in this book you will learn how to connect to this universal source.

Khrystyne
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Opened my eyes

Amazing book. As I am continuing my studies in the healing arts, Mr.Church wrote at a level that was understandable. Not heavy in scientific jargon. This is a book that I will go back to again and again not only for a refresher but also to be in constant awe of the Universe around us. A reminder of what we have and how to use it for the good of all involved.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • Metahuman: Unleashing Your Infinite Potential
  • You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
  • Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
  • Everything Is Here to Help You: A Loving Guide to Your Soul's Evolution
  • E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
  • Use Your Brain to Change Your Age: Secrets to Look, Feel, and Think Younger Every Day
  • Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine
  • Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • Feeling Is The Secret 1944
  • The Source: Open Your Mind, Change Your Life
  • The Last Law of Attraction Book You'll Ever Need To Read: The Missing Key To Finally Tapping Into The Universe And Manifesting Your Desires
  • Brain Lock: Free Yourself from Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior
  • Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science, and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe
  • 4 Essential Keys to Effective Communication in Love, Life, Work--Anywhere!
  • Limitless: Core Techniques to Improve Performance, Productivity, and Focus