Start by marking “Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality” as Want to Read:

Every creation begins as a thought, from a symphony to a marriage to an ice cream cone to a rocket launch. When we have an intention, a complex chain of events begins in our brains. Thoughts travel as electrical impulses along neural pathways. When neurons fire together they wire together, creating electromagnetic fields. These fields are invisible energy, yet they influen ...more
Published June 12th 2018 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Mind to Matter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind to Matter

Gary Moreau
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dawson Church will surely sell a gazillion books. I wonder, however, if this book will actually get the attention it deserves.

It’s really two books, not back to back, but intertwined throughout.

The first is the New Age manifesto that will surely appeal to his large following. “From that place in consciousness, you live a life of wisdom, intelligence, and love. You no longer ask for love, need love, or crave love, because you are love.” For those who aren’t currently aware of Church (I was not)
Stephen
Jan 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Mind to Matter is pseudoscience nonsense. Basically, it is about how a guy who lost his keys, spent hours looking for his keys, couldn't find his keys, ran into a kid who found his keys, and thinks his mind is creating things in the universe and then goes about to create a "scientific" theory on how this might be so. Now he thinks he is a mystic who has fused metaphysics with science. Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo.

There are so many better and more, let's say, realistic books about the ne
Narong
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is totally nonsense. It's not even a science at all. Even if the author claims many scientific discoveries, experimental results and quotes many famous scientists, he most likely misinterprets them. If you found a 10$ bill on the ground, most people would not think that it contained a special message or something instead the author thinks this banknote was on the ground just for him and it's a symbol.
Pam
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing book

I have read many books along this subject line but this is one of the best! Provides scientific “proof” of the ideas presented within the book and gives simple activities for helping the reader to change reality by using the tools of consciousness. This fact is not simply a “feel-good” fantasy, it is truth. As we become more enlightened and allow science and spirituality to coexist in this reality we ourselves create, we learn that the Mind of the Universe is within each of us.
Superbunny
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
nothing new here. it's basically a compilation of excerpts from joe dispenza and lynn mctaggart's books. i found his narration and way of speaking incredibly annoying as well. it is unnatural and each word is overly pronounced and enunciated.
Utpal Mondal
Oct 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Life is too short to waste on reading bad books.

By the title and photo of the front page, one can easily fall for the book thinking of neuroscience and Matter- Mind descriptions. But , this book is just a crap piece. Beautifully written with very good examples and occasional scientific theories & pictures presents this book as a well researched and logically written, but when you go deep , starts reading slowly and see the healing methods for disease cure, you get the first shock.

Questionab
Andrei Miron
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pseudo science crap
Honoree
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success-reads
I'm on my 4th read of this book, and I now own it as an ebook and audiobook. So much valuable information, I'll be reviewing again and again.
Chrissy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dawson Church provides vignettes as well as research studies which prevent the subject matter from being dry. I am so excited about this book that I purchased it for my brother who has a degree in physics yet tends to be less interested in concepts like the Law of Attraction. With the scientific foundation in this book, I know he will find it intriguing. Even my father picked it up last night and began reading about synchronicity which has always been one of his interest. Speaking of synchronici ...more
Dale Muckerman
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book contains a good deal of both science and perhaps pseudoscience, but it is very good, thought-provoking pseudoscience. The vision of reality that is presented fills in a lot of gaps of the accepted scientific worldview, which is so narrow it fails to accept consciousness as a part of the empirical world.

There are a number of scientific studies mentioned in the book with intriguing results, but I am guessing they are studies that do not meet the standards of accepted science. However as
Rekha Chaudhary
Big advertisement for his ecomeditation

This book was just one big advertisement for ecomeditation. Although some of the data is presented is true. I looked up references most of it is just anecdotal. An interesting and true comment in the power of the mind. I wish it was little less snake oil and mirrors and more science.
Ted Milne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Bunk!
Lindsay
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual, the-mind
I decided to read this book because the title spoke to me and it's very affordable as kindle book. However 80% of the book is about spontaneous healing, brainwaves and the research based on energy healing. You will also read on how results can be influenced by the person who does the research... this way the tests shared kinda lose their convincing power. Some chapters are kinda dry especially with lots of scientific terms and numbers and it basically all comes to the same thing: spontaneous hea ...more
Jan
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Confirmation

Before reading this book, I had come to the liberating conclusion that each of us can participate in and affect the consciousness that holds creation together. So it was very reassuring to read about both historic mystical and recent scientific validation of how consciousness is transmitted and is fundamental to the transformation of the stuff of the universe, including ourselves.

I appreciate what Dawson conveys because I had periodically entered into those peaceful frequ
MISS MFM
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m interested in this subject matter and there were a lot of ideas that came together in this book.

It’s the sort of read where one stops to copy a paragraph to keep as motivational or inspirational passage. The author presents new or alternative theories about neuroscience, health and healing, being connected when they appear separate. Each theory is backed up by studies and tests, making a very convincing case. Using examples and real life stories, the author conveys his point with in a very
Stephanie Spence
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
If you are interested in the Human Potential Movement, this book is for you. Mind To Matter was a engaging read with detailed explanations of concepts like “What brain waves are and what they do” delivered in a easy-to-digest way keeping the narrative moving along. The vast amount of studies, experiments and scientific findings is impressive and inspiring. Already a believer in most of the findings, my goal was to get to the weekly actionable items. Unfortunately, the constant mention of his wor ...more
Deirdre Kent
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the more significant books I have read in a while. I have always been fascinated with the link between science and spirituality and this book took me a step further. Dawson Church appears to be a PhD in natural sciences (it explains why he thought m in the equation e=mc2 was matter not mass!). But the rest shows his evidence based approach to all matters of natural healing, intention experiments, meditation and so on. I learnt heaps about the different sorts of brainwaves and even went ba ...more
linda timberlake
Learned So Much plus Food for Thought

I learned so much from this very well written book. The book presents recent research results that sometimes prove, sometimes suggest how things are working in energy fields all around us, and in our hearts and brains and minds, our world, the universe.
I've been doing the ecomeditation Dawson recommends for a couple of months now and so much about my life has definitely improved!
(If you're very rigid in your religious beliefs you probably wouldn't like this
Fabiana Garcia
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, specially the extended material after each chapter. Mind opening and impressive research trying to prove quantum concepts that became kind of popular and generic nowadays. Great interviews and supporting videos on this extended material. Not to miss those. I was very impressed with some of them.
Some parts however were hard to buy. And I’m a person who always believed and lived by these concepts, having many proofs of it throughout my life. But still, it didn’t stop me from ra
Barbara Lemon
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this book. If you are ready to read this, you will not be able to put it down. I am currently rereading Autobiography of a Yogi and this book meshes quite well with that one (although nothing compares with Autobiography of a Yogi, in my opinion!). There's a lot to consider in Mind to Matter. The reader doesn't have to believe all the ideas, but, I would suggest at least read with an open mind. Very interesting and uplifting! I got the audio book and that is very well done.
James G.
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed reading this book. In the past several months, I have been educating myself on quantum physics, meditation, and positive thinking. This book gives me a map on how I can create my own reality. I am looking forward to starting my journey with the guidance of this book. The studies and research presented in this book is easily explained. I also had a hard time putting this book down at times because I became very interested in what I was reading.
Todd Dosenberry
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Loved it but was also equally bored at too many parts. Wish the book was condensed in half if not more. I absolutely loved the Afterword and resonate with it well.

I wonder what the world would be like today if all humans were on board with the main premise in this book. Our minds are much more powerful than we realize. All we have are thoughts.
Kiana
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fascinating and fun read.

My only problem with this book is that Church makes absolutely massive statements about our psychology/biology and cites them very sparingly. I'd love to believe everything I read but, there just was not enough cited evidence for me to take the contents of this book as seriously as I would have liked to.
Christine
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Opened my eyes

Amazing book. As I am continuing my studies in the healing arts, Mr.Church wrote at a level that was understandable. Not heavy in scientific jargon. This is a book that I will go back to again and again not only for a refresher but also to be in constant awe of the Universe around us. A reminder of what we have and how to use it for the good of all involved.
John Simmons
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent and accessible review of the neuroscience and physics of how we shape our material world. Dawson takes us step by step through the research (with plenty of footnotes to the source material) to show us what is possible for us (and even how we are doing this, already). Entertaining and enlightening.
Cameron McVey
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an interesting collation/summary of a great deal of information that I've come across in other titles over the years. If you have any interest in mind-matter interactions this is a good place to start.

P.S. I'm just starting back with my account here on Goodreads so my reading/finishing dates are approximate.
Steve Gambino
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A compelling read. If these hypotheses turn out to be true. Humanity hold onto your seats! The foreword sets the tone: "Science has become the contemporary language of mysticism". If you like the latest theories coming forth from quantum physics, epigenetics, and neuroscience, you will find this book intriguing.
Valerie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Energy of Words

Outstanding, prolific, mind shifting book to get the neurons fired and wired in a deeper sense. The information is empowering for you. Just reading this one book inspired me to meditate twice a day by understanding the energy mind converts to matter. I'm watching it happen. Synchronicity is energy in action and not a series of coincidence. Love this book!
adrian koh
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very insightful and thought provoking book. Inspirational book!

Felt the book was able to open my mind and thoughts in ways that I have never realized before. A must read book indeed!
Robert Denman
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone needs to read this book......

I would highly recommend that everyone buy and read this book. It would definitely change the way our world works today. Must read!!!!.
If you apply it I quarentee that it will change your life.

• The Book of Love and Creation: A Channeled Text
  • Science and Spiritual Practices: Transformative experiences and their effects on our bodies, brains and health
  • Breathing Space: Twelve Lessons for the Modern Woman
  • Words at the Threshold: What We Say as We're Nearing Death
  • IBS - Free at Last!
  • Hungry: The Truth About Being Full
  • Press Here! Reiki for Beginners: Your Guide to Subtle Energy Therapy
  • Miracles We Have Seen: America's Leading Physicians Share Stories They Can't Forget
  • A Woman's Book of Life
  • Art As Medicine: Creating a Therapy of the Imagination
  • Advanced Energy Anatomy: The Science of Co-Creation and Your Power of Choice
  • Love for No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love
  • Neurosculpting: A Whole-Brain Approach to Heal Trauma, Rewrite Limiting Beliefs, and Find Wholeness
  • The Energies of Love: Using Energy Medicine to Keep Your Relationship Thriving
“Mind to matter is not an abstract metaphysical proposition. It is a physical fact, as material as the bodies we live in. Thought by thought, moment by moment, our minds are creating the energy fields in which our cells reproduce. Positive thoughts provide our cells with an energy culture in which they thrive.” 0 likes
“Every moment is the moment you decide: Will I be that magnificence, or will I continue to pretend I’m less than what I know I am?” 0 likes