Start by marking “Daughter of the Zel (Daughter of the Zel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of the Zel (Daughter of the Zel, #1)

Daughter of the Zel (Daughter of the Zel, #1)

Raised on the border between Nevda and Zel, Efa has two certainties in life.

Their country's neighbours, the warlike Zel, are to be feared.

Her touch will kill, so she can never leave the island.

When Efa is kidnapped and discovers she is half-Zel, certainty will be hard to come by.
Published September 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of the Zel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughter of the Zel

Start your review of Daughter of the Zel (Daughter of the Zel, #1)
Marla
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. New lands to learn about. The Zel and the Nevda are warring countries. Eleven women from Nevda went to Zel and got pregnant. Now 8 of the children have been brought back to Zel to meet their fathers and train. But is that what really happened? Did the women go with the men willingly or were they raped and forced to give birth. Why collect the children now as they are close to 18 years old. The characters were well developed and I liked several of them and I didn't lik ...more
Natasha
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Review also on my blog

Twitter

Bookstagram

I received this book from the author in exchange for a free and honest review

Wow, okay, where to begin.

I think one of the biggest issues about the book is that it doesn't offer anything new. Girl doesn't know something about her, event changes her life, you get the drill.

But here's an even bigger problem, there's no world buil/>I
Meghan T
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free as part of a hashtag contest (#IndieFeature) on Twitter. There was no obligation to post a review, however, I devoured this book in one night! Can’t wait for the sequel.

I’m a speculative fiction reader, mostly of fantasy but I do like dystopic fiction as well. If you liked Divergent, I think you’ll like DAUGHTER OF THE ZEL. But don’t go into it thinking the protagonist is another Tris. There are similarities, but the two have different personalities.

I f
Cierra
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Notice: I was contacted by Phoebe and offered a free kindle version of her book in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinions of the work.

Likes:

Daughter of the Zel is an incredibly short book of 191 pages. I twirled through the book in three days and could’ve done so in an even shorter time, had I not been preparing to move for college.

My reading experience with this book was a confusingly pleasant surprise. Among other qualities, one key quality I watch for in books is/>Daughter/>
Kira Brighton
*Received free e-copy via Goodreads*

I liked parts of this a lot, but on the whole it was... messy. Efa's POV has a repressed, fairytale-innocent vibe to it, which is understandable, but it made the story hard to get into at first. Things picked up after the first chapter, and I was pretty engaged, but I kept noticing parts I didn't like, too. There's the issue with the love triangle--or maybe square--those are hard enough to do anyway because a) they're a cliche and b) it's weird to
Brandi Collins
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Science fiction and fantasy is the genre I've chosen to expand my horizons since I usually stick to realistic fiction. I'll admit that I had trouble getting into the book at first, but once I got to the ending of the first chapter, I was hooked because I wanted to know what would happen to Efa. I became invested in her character and wanted to know more with each passing page. If you like SciFi/Fantasy adventure with a hint of romance, give this book a chance. I'm glad I did.
Maria ReadingDilemma
Katie Lipovetsky
Apr 23, 2018
Clipinchick
May 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
I this book for free from the author/publisher in response for an honest review of the book. I have not had the opportunity to read this book at this time. I will add my
review of this book once I have read the book. Thank k you for allowing me the optometrist review your work. I look forward to reading this book.
Kylie Arthur
Pandora Clairmond

• Night Shoot
  • In the Tall Grass
  • The Halloween Tree
  • The Devouring Gray (The Devouring Gray, #1)
  • Coral
  • The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World
  • The Grace Year
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • The Weight of a Soul
  • The Magpies (The Magpies, #1)
  • A Murder of Magpies (The Magpies, #2)
  • Last of the Magpies: The Thrilling Conclusion to The Magpies (Kindle Single)
  • This Time Will Be Different
Finally getting round to writing down all the stories inside my head; it clears out space for new ones.

Here's hoping someone likes them.