Start by marking “Seared (Master Chefs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seared (Master Chefs, #1)

Seared

(Master Chefs #1)

It’s been 10 years since Naya saw her stepbrother, Lachlan Christie. In that time, he’s become a famous chef, complete with his own hip and trendy Manhattan restaurant…and she’s become the woman who can give him everything — especially her body and soul. But the past doesn’t always stay dead, and you can’t escape it, no matter how far you fly or how hot you burn.

Naya’s
ebook
Published December 12th 2017 by Suleikha Snyder

To ask other readers questions about Seared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seared

Start your review of Seared (Master Chefs, #1)
Sep 27, 2017 marked it as wishlist
Recommended to Sarah by: Tiffany Reisz
Recommended by Tiffany Reisz. Enough said!
K.J. Charles
Erotic romance with tropes up the wazoo--stepbrother, evil manipulating parents, billionaires, soap-operatic antics--done in a very funny, conscious, intelligent way.

I took a while to get to this because ugh stepbrother, and also I'm not into formalised BDSM with people being official subs and calling each other Master and what have you. The BDSM remained a closed book to me, though evidently it works very well for those who like it--if Tiffany Reisz says so, I'm taking her word--but the
JenReadsRomance
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m not even going to lie to you, I asked for this ARC sight unseen and knowing nothing about it just because I think Suleikha Synder is a BAMF on Twitter. As soon as I started reading, I wondered if perhaps I was not the intended audience. It’s a stepbrother romance, which isn’t my favorite; Lachlan and Naya are in a dominant/submissive relationship, which is sometimes too much for me personally; but most damning, Lachlan is a celebrity chef, and I really hate cooking. Like. A lot. (I ...more
Adele Buck
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very fun, fast, HOT read. I adored their affection for each other. I don’t usually go in for stepsibling romances (as a stepsibling myself), but this was handled in such a way that it was clear they never considered each other brother and sister, but rather best friends.
Xan West

A copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

I really liked the heroine in this story a lot. She’s complex and compelling, she knows what she wants and goes after it, she’s got a tremendous amount of strength and a lovely vulnerability. She is badass and awesome and deserves someone who would step up for her and be brave and match her vulnerability and honesty.

I wasn’t sure that the hero deserved her. Her feelings for him, her trust in him, didn’t feel earned in
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
I DID NOT KNOW THIS WAS GOING TO BE A BDSM STORY.

Ok, now that that's out there, I can breathe again. I don't mind BDSM stories, and I've enjoyed several in the past, but it would have been nice to know it was one going in.

But honestly, that was torture, and not of a good kind. It started out ok, if a bit more on the erotica-sans-plot side. Then a plot was introduced, but I nevercared. Because I couldn't bring myself to care about the characters.

Fine, I cared enough to force myself to the finish
Jess
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
5/5 stars for heat + 3/5 stars for plausibility of plot = 4/5 stars

I just kept thinking about the ethics violations the evil lawyer was opening himself up to and it distracted just a smidge from the kink, but otherwise, I was super into this and can't wait to read more in this series.
Mel González
new fave!!
forbidden romance
ex step sibilings!
Indian-American heroine
she's a writer, he's a celebrity chef
BDSM/kink
super interesting power dynamics and relationships
they've loved each other for 10 years
Very fun and fast. I don't know if it'll stick in my mind at all in the future, but I have it on ebook if I'd like to revisit it. I will keep an eye out for the sequels as I can already see some of the possible characters for those books.
Coral
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bought, ebook
I got this book because of the gorgeous cover. And that's pretty much the best thing about it.
The premise and plot were just too much. If you're a multimillionaire and someone blackmails you, you lawyer up, not engage in illegal hacking. Too much ridiculousness without a sense of fun.
The story switched between the heroine's first person POV, and the hero's third person POV. The switch between the two was very distracting.
I finished, but it was a struggle.
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not sure if this wanted to be a contemporary romance or an e-rom; it seemed to hang on their sexual relationship, but then would flip over to real plot and skip over all of the sex that was so important to their connection. And I wasn't clear on what exactly the relationship between them was when they were younger; only close to the end is it spelled out that there was no physical relationship before, but enough that there were pictures that were later doctored? The switch between first-person ...more
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
3.5 Very engaging and sexy story - I liked the main characters who despite one major plot point, were very straightforward and open with each other. It’s hot and I enjoyed the setting.
I had questions that I didn’t feel were answered 100% but I guess that’s life. We don’t always know what motivates people.
Katrin Davidson

Suleikha Snyder on twitter is so acute and on the ball that I love her writing. When she mentioned this was upcoming and then seeing the blurb I was so excited. Kink, food and a little bit of steam YES YES YES. But quite honestly it was really good just not as good as I thought it would be.

I really liked our heroine, Naya. Shes determined, smart, complex and with a tough interior that still can be rocked. I loved her bravery and standing up for whats right and what she feels she wants and
Megan
A perfect marriage of tone, plot, and characters. Also, delightfully soap-y: so over the top in its dramatic situations, so committed to slam-dunking wonderfully set-piece-y character moments and exchanges. It also probably sets a record for the amount of joyful food puns. I was pleasantly surprised that the POV choice (Naya in first-person, Lachlan in third-person) worked so well thematically and, aside from noting it when it first occurred, I wasn't jarred by it at all. I wouldn't recommend ...more
Chris
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, this book came from a Smart Bitches recommendation. Amanda also shared a fantastic cocktail recipe. I've been drinking this all summer. It's really good. https://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/2...
Though, Amanda has had me drinking whiskey/bourbon drinks for the past several summers.

Back to the story.
This is a short read. Shorter than I anticipated. There is sex. A lot of it. The BDSM is sort of glossed over. It's there in some open door scenes, but there is definitely more explicit scenes in a
Sadie Coffey
It was okay

Nothing in this book was ever realized: not the plot, not the conversations, and definitely not the sex. The kinkiest stuff was only referred to as something that had happened in a scene the reader wasn't privileged to. Too many conversations happened in italics, as memories. The neverending food and writing puns were sometimes funny, but became cloying. There was never any real tension, sexual or otherwise.

There were a few funny moments, and I love an interracial romance, but
Jackie
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Opening 10 years after its two protagonists last saw each other, Naya returns to New York City after the death of her stepfather to attend his funeral—and to see her stepbrother/love of her life/Dom in waiting Lachlan. I had a hard time with the way the two step immediately into a relationship after ten years apart (especially a kinky one), as well as with the melodramatics that kept them apart in the past (and which still threaten to keep them apart in the present). Also did not understand how ...more
Megan
I read this one over Christmas break and it was so much fun! The heroine is a soap opera writer and it works so well when her life takes a turn for the dramatic. I loved the hero, too, though he’s a chef so that was a bit of a forgone conclusion. Everything about the plot was over-the-top but the story really leaned in and embraced that so that part worked REALLY well and it made me laugh and there were even a few touching moments involving the heroine’s mom, an A+ secondary character. Plus, the ...more
Laurie
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I. Am. Hooked.

First of all, any author that is going to reference two of the most dastardly soap opera villains is my heroine for life. I loved this book for many reasons, but I absolutely adored the connection between the MC’s Naya & Loch were destined to be together. Their chemistry was beyond sizzling and their banter beyond compare. This was a story that pulls you in from page one and does not let you go. I’m on a mission to read everything Suleikha Snyder has written, short of her
Catherine
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, sexy, and dramatic!

Suleikha Snyder has a way with words that stays with you, and her books don't disappoint. The fact that Naya writes for a soap opera tickles the part of me that wanted to do the same once upon a time. Her story and romance with Lachlan is hot and craveable and I can't wait to dig into more of her work!
Renée Dahlia
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read other books by Suleikha Snyder, I expected hot and this book delivers in spades (spatulas, maybe?).

I thought the whole step-brother plot would be weird, but it was dealt with in a surprising fashion (they didn't meet until they were teens) that made it palatable. The mystery was nicely done with no jarring plot holes.

Did I say hot? Oh, yeah!
Kait Wolfe
Equal parts kinky and sweet, Seared is the only stepbrother romance that didn't make me wanna throw up in the back of my mouth a little! Snyder does a great job of taking this trope and turning it on its head so that it actually makes sense and doesn't feel like incest.
Madhurima Kashyap
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good. I was really into this book, everything that was happening in the book, I felt like I am actually there with the characters watching and observing them. Even their banters were like I am actually listening to them. I really like this book and it's scorching hot af. ...more
octavia cooper
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Come in the Kitchen Hot!!

Wow!! What a spicy, delicious recipe for kink this book was! Naya and Lachlan were just what I would order for a main course of kinky,sweaty,sexy, reunion love. I hope there's a story for Wil some where!!
The CurvyJones
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge-2018
I read it -AND LOVED IT!

5 stars if you get me to read and love a trope I roll my eyes at. The chemistry between Lachlan and Naya is off the charts sexy. The writing is sophisticated, fresh and tight. And this book was FUN, just what I needed.
Ash
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Might have been three stars but then the author took the easiest way out and just handwaved some "we hacked their stuff and stole the fake evidence they made that they were blackmailing us with" sort of crappy resolution, which ruined the book for me.
Betsy
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: culinary
Enjoyable read, but probably not for everyone. Did a good job with what could be squicky - stepsiblings in a relationship thwarted by a super toxic parent.
Reena
Jun 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Dull. Underdeveloped in both plot and character. I skimmed the last 15% because I just wanted it to be over.
Esther Lee
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delicious soapy goodness, and I’d love to see the side characters get their own stories like Jyoti and Will.
Rebecca Newman
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and sweet

Warning: sooooo many food puns. Also lots of kinky sex. And now I really want books about several of the secondary characters.

• Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
  • Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • Never Sweeter (Dark Obsession, #2)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2)
  • A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
  • Tempest (Old West, #3)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Merry Inkmas
  • Sweet on the Greek (Just for Him #3)
Editor, writer, American desi and lifelong geek Suleikha Snyder is an author of contemporary and erotic romance. A passionate advocate for diversity and inclusivity in publishing, Suleikha is frequently ranting when she should really be adding to her body of work.

Suleikha lives in Chicago, finding inspiration in genre fiction, daytime and primetime soaps, and anything that involves chocolate or