Start by marking “Loving Noah (Loving, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving Noah (Loving, #1)

Loving Noah

(Loving #1)

Liam

Noah and I became best friends in kindergarten, and Ive loved him ever since. When his parents sent him away in our junior year of high school, they didnt even let us say goodbye. It tore my heart to shreds. Years later, I still drink myself to sleep on the anniversary of his departure.

Until now.

I met someone online, and although he is guarded and mysterious, he
Published September 25th 2017 by Prism Heart Press

To ask other readers questions about Loving Noah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Noah

Start your review of Loving Noah (Loving, #1)
Bárbara
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Review of an ARC provided by the author*

It was quite adorable and a good read to spend some fun time, but for some reason it left me mildly unsatisfied.

Both Liam and Noah are great characters, but I felt it could have helped to have a bit more depth to their relationship- a bit more development in those crucial early years so the reader could truly be sucked in and get invested in their experience in the future. I wish the significance of their relationship had relied more on show and not so
Denise GremoryKohta
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg!! Reading this and knowing it's her debut book I am so impressed. If she comes out with something this amazing from the start, imagine the treats we will be in for as she creates more. The characters are complex and full of deep emotions. The story line is beautifully written. Plus, Kenna Knight tackled some pretty heavy subjects in a respectful, informative, and entertaining way while making sure the main focus was on Liam and Noah and their growing connection. I can't wait to see what ...more
Cee Brown
✫.°**°✫.Rainbows and fireworks.✫.°**°.✫

Some books makes you want to read them. Some beg. Some whine. This one had a tale to tell, and though I found it interesting, one or two instances made me stop and say, huh, what?

Noah and Liam were friends since kindergarten. In their own way, they fell in love but were too innocent to reveal that love. Then without thoughts or goodbyes, Noah was ripped away from the world he knew due to bigotry and a homophobic father.

"Love makes us stupid," I have heard
Denise H.
*** The story of Liam and Noah. ***
Best friends since they were five, they were devastated when
Noah is sent away.

His Dad is a horrible man. Noah's internal scars are deep.

Now 25, Liam is successful in Washington, D.C.

with great friends, and still longs for Noah, if he could find him.
Noah's folks lied to Liam, Noah never got the letters, etc.
In an online chat they each find a friend to talk with and eventually make arrangements to meet. The catch ? Noah has figured out who his anonymous
Karen Lane
4 stars Loving Noah.
The premise of this story really excited me. Lost love and second chances strikes a chord with me. I enjoyed this book, but... so let me try and explain, the storyline was interesting but these two fell into life together way too quick, I appreciate their past, and I know they were talking on-line etc, but going from not going outside in 3 years to travelling across country a week later, I can't see it. In saying that, it worked, I'm glad their courtship wasn't dragged out,
Alicia
Sep 30, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 35%
Just isn't working for me.
Mindy
DNF 35%
Apolishedreader
This is a second chance, hurt/comfort, long lost friends to lovers, met online kind of story.
Friends-to-lovers is my jam. Met online? Oh yeah. Put them together and this should have been all kinds of working for me, but I had some problems and I just could not get past them. Some of it happened in chapter 1 and I just couldn't shake it!

Things that did work for me were Theo and Abe, Liam's friends. I enjoyed them. Aunt Kitty was the perfect savior and I loved her. Noah and Liam's loyalty to each
Megan
Shelves: cheesy-sweet, mm-bi, arc
This was a cute story, a forever love between friends, a second-chance romance, a reuniting between childhood friends. So many good things about this book, such a lighthearted story meant to give hope and courage. It's difficult to come out, for many people, and this book deals with two very different experiences, unfortunately for these two friends, one of them is tragic.

With Noah receiving the worst response from family and community for being born to love men, he's beaten and sent away
Arch Bala
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A friend saw this first on Amazon and shared the blurb with me which absolutely piqued my curiosity.

It's interesting and it sounds like a really cute read. I must say though, that I loved both protagonists. They are very well-developed and I loved that their backstory didn't drag the overall story.

The premise of their reunion was a bit of a 'Stranger Danger' situation. I mean, since they've been chatting for almost a year now so it's easy for them to plan to meet up but i still find it a bit
Jennie
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liam & Noah were friends in high school until Noah is assaulted at school & disappears almost straight away. After 9 years they reconnect in an online chat room not know who the other is until Noah figures it out. A lot has changed since they last saw each other...

I instalove was lightning fast with them. I would have liked to see them get to know each other in the flesh a bit longer before they were declaring their love for each other.

Overall an enjoyable read about friendship, family
Isha
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

Very enjoyable book. I was hooked from the very beginning, didn't want it to end. Noah and Liam were best friends, until Noah disappeared after a brutal beating. 9 years later they meet again, and all is right in their world.
Victorias' KeepinitReal
This book was just ok for me. I'd hoped it would be awesome but I just couldn't get there. The Mcs had a strong connection established from Kindergarten and lost contact with the childhood love of his life Liam because Noah's homophobic and abusive alcoholic dad banished him from the family and Noah's mother's reasoning was that she was powerless and under the control of Noah's dad....her husband and was therefore unsuccessful in her attempts in contacting her son Noah. Ugh!!! Really! A parent ...more
Cyd
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the book. It was a nice debut by the author. So, the problems that I had with the book. I thought their meeting again after being apart so long would be more exciting. I found the Miami part of the story boring actually. There were a couple plot holes. First, Liam didn't try to find Noah although he was distraught over their separation. Then, the Noah's mother did something similar and she knew where he was. I wish more had been said about the diary.
I didn't care for the epilogue. More
Nanna Sander
2,5 stars.
This is a feel-good romance with low-level angst.

I was a much bigger fan of the first ~35% than the rest of the book. The part where the two communicate online and long for each other was deep and relatable. However, the last bit was all feel-good with forever-love the primary theme, and while sweet, a little boring.

Noah struggles with anxiety, but overcomes it suprisingly easily, bordering unbelivably easily. Also, his inexperience versus Liam's experience left their relationship
Alexleo
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
As I received an ARC provided by the author, I had to finish reading this book out of respect for the hard work of the author, but I must admit I had to force me sometimes.

The book is written in both POV of the two characters, but it is written in present tense, like if they were telling the story to a friend explaining what they were doing and feeling - like in other books I read in the past, present tense is not the best tense to use if you want to describe the background of the characters
Laurie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderfully written and engaging story of best friends separated and of lost love and finding it again. Liam and Noah were always best friends. And both knew they were different. They thought the other was different as well. But schoolmate cruelty and cold-hearted parents separated them before they got a chance to explore who they were, both as individuals and maybe as a couple.

Not a day went by that Liam wondered what had happened to Noah. Though a quirk of fate or a really luck
Tanja
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a sweet and good read. It is always a gamble to pick up a book by a new author but I am glad I did. Kenna Knight has everything to be a great author. Her writing style is pleasant and flowing. I was caught in the story right from the beginning. She created some great characters. Not only Liam and Noah but also their friends and Noahs aunt, Kitty.
The story is interesting. Two teenage friends who lost sight of each other when Noah was sent away to live with his aunt for being gay. His
Valerie
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The connection between Liam and Noah is clearly defined. Even from their interactions from all those years ago, you could tell they had a strong relationship with each other, even though they couldn't admit their feelings when they were younger. But I thought the two prologues, one from Liam and one from Noah, were a little unnecessary and slowed down the story from the beginning. Also, prolonging the "meet" where they each established their own separate lives was again, a little unnecessary. ...more
avid reader 1
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loving Noah is a sweet second chance story. The secondary characters are well placed and are supportive to the storyline.
Noah and Liam are lovable, well thought out characters. While there is not a lot of information available for them during the time they were apart, there was enough backstory for each of them sprinkled throughout the story to give the reader a good idea of the life they led and how it affected them into the present time.
The author has a gentle touch as she shows the reader
Paula
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read.

This is the first from this author that I have read and it was pretty good. Some parts seemed a little rushed ad there were certain things that I didn't feel like were fully developed. Both characters Noah and Liam are well written characters. The seemed real and I could feel what they were feeling. I think the author did an excellent job with how these two were written. The secondary characters were very 3 dimensional as well. My major issue with this story with with the
Terri
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a story all about relationships. The relationship Noah had with his parents, who forced him out of their lives, and the opposite loving and happy one with his Aunt Kitty. The supportive relationship between Liam and his parents, and the one he shared with his friends. And of course, the loving relationship between Liam and Noah. They had loved each other since childhood, and that didn't change when they become adults, even after years of no contact.
I enjoyed this book, and I loved the
Antoinette
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure how I should rate this book. I loved all the characters especially the two mc's, Liam and Noah but I'm kind of questioning how fast their relationship progressed after they reconnected. I understand they had been talking online for a year even though they truly didn't know they were talking to each other so I can somewhat see the relationship moving full steam ahead, but 12 years is a long time and people change. What I'm really weary of is how fast Noah recovers from his ...more
Courtney Bassett
3.5 Stars

I loved the premise of this - a guy mourning his younger love meeting up with an online friend that turns out to be the same one - plus the whole agoraphobia thing always interests me.

It was cute, but seemed a bit oversimplified/rushed going from Noah being unable to even open his door to visiting crowded places and running errands on his own, all because he had someone to love. He did have some panic attacks and take meds once in a while, but it still didnt feel authentic to me.

Linda
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a contemporary second chance love story. Boys who meet in kindergarten and are lifelong friends until one is forced to leave their home town and they lose each other. Years later they find each other, This story includes elements of physical and mental abuse and a homophobic parent who is unable to accept a gay son. It also includes happy reunions, misunderstandings, heartache, and heartwarming scenes. The sex is moderately steamy and fits the story. The good outweighs the bad and the ...more
Amy
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is about having a second chance at that one true love. From what I've read this is the author's first novel, and it was an admirable job. I love the premise but having read several books about agoraphobia lately this one needed to stand out more. I just couldn't quite believe that Noah's recovery would be that fast. I also think that there should be more character development; even relationship development- our guys didn't seem like they were together 5 minutes before the book ended. ...more
Sissy Spain
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great friends to lovers, second chance book. The author does a wonderful job making you feel Noah's heartbreaking past and struggles with everyday life. You just want to reach in and hug him, while simultaneously shaking his parents, who basically threw him away as a teen. His aunt Kitty, is a lovable character. I enjoyed the secondary characters as well. This book isn't full of sexy times but what there was is hot. I look forward to reading more from this author.
I received an arc
mrs sarah frost
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story of Noah & Liam who were in separable in their teenage years but cruelly torn apart by Noah's family. With the disappearance of Noah, Liam prays that one day he will find him and confess his love. Years later Liam has been talking for about a year to someone online, could he move on from Noah and love someone else?

Liam gets invited to meet his online friend finally in person. Who will the online friend be?

Noah has been hoping and trying to find Liam, is this online
Claudia
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
Moving, and beautiful, this book is a remarkable debut.

It's interesting to see how the difference in their respective's families is shown through the men whom these kids had become: a loving, understanding family brings an outgoing, happy Liam, while an absent and rejecting one (plus, a malicious attack) gives us a fearful and reclusive Noah.

The characters are lovely, and the writing truly enticing. My only issue comes with the speed of Noah's recovery, but that aside (and it's only my opinion,
Esther Alayeto
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet and heartwarming friends to lovers, second chance romance story. Liam and Noah are wonderful characters who have been friends since they were kids but were separated for years after Noah was kicked out of his home by his father because he is gay. They are reunited after many years apart but they have never forgotten one another or their love for each other.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

• Finally Falling (Rose Falls, #1)
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Reservations
  • In Case of Emergency
  • Locked In Silence (Pelican Bay, #1)
  • Up for the Challenge
  • Jared's Evolution (Jared & Kieran, #1)
  • Shattered Pieces (Heathens Ink, #4)
  • The Easy Way (The Way Home #1)
  • A Different Light (Begin Again, #1)
  • A Very Marian Christmas (Made Marian, #7)
  • Last Call (Heartsville, #1)
  • Uniting the Souls (Souls of Chicago, #6)
  • Country Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #2)
  • Living Out Loud (Free Fall #4)
  • Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)
  • The Rules
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)

Loving (2 books)
  • Loving Graham (Loving, #2)