Start by marking “Nailed It” as Want to Read:
Nailed It

Nailed It

I'm Ivy Clarke. Bartender, best friend, and disbeliever in love.
And now I'm in over my head, trying to flip a house all by myself.
Thanks, HGTV.
I'm not too proud to admit I need some help. Too bad the only one who can help me is the same man I want to throw out this house's second-story window.
Published October 23rd 2017 by Entangled: Select Contemporary

To ask other readers questions about Nailed It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nailed It

Start your review of Nailed It
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Cindi Madsen Fans, Romance
3 Flip/Flop Stars
* * * Spoiler Free
What do you do when you mother has shown you what a disaster love can be...Why after seeing said mother go threw numerous boyfriends, love matches and possible husbands like Kleenex, you vow to never ever commit to any man to make you Whole... You can do things all by yourself....

Well, sort of...maybe that one week with your best friend's brother really didn't count...

Anyway... on to blocking out all that made you cray, cray....

A good dose of HGTV Binge watch
Yodamom
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb I developed grabby hands. I'm addicted to the home repair/flip/home shows on TV. A romance about a yin jang couple working to flip a house, woot woot !
Ivy has a bit of career dread going on, she found her college degree didn't get her where she wanted to be so she's bartending aka floating free and untethered. She has commitment phobia from years of watching her mother cling, burn and crash through many relationships. Her childhood was sadly more shattered than nurtured. Wh
Annika
description

A funny, sexy and sweet slow-burn about a commitment phobe heroine and a delicious and determined yet incredibly patient hero (seriously, this dude is a saint) fixing up a house and falling in love.

Jackson was positively dreamy, drool-worthy and perfect book boyfriend material, and while I liked Ivy well enough, there were times that she annoyed the crap out of me with all her commitment phobic babbling and hot and cold behavior. While I did get where she was coming from, I still found myself sk
Rê

3 “Renovations & Romance” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Entangled!

Two things caught my attention about this book: One, it was written by Cindi Madsen, who also happened to write one of my favorite YA Contemporary Romances of 2017, Operation Prom Date. Two, it promised a little bit of hate to love, and everyone knows how I feel abotu this trope.

Things got better when I leaned Jackson was actually Ivy's best friend's brother, which means double yay as far as I'm concerned.

Ivy and Jackson had g
Melinda
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Nailed It by Cindi Madsen

Unfortunately this book was a bit of a miss for me. The blurb drew me right in, which is why I requested to read, but I didn't really feel the connection between the main characters, I couldn't feel any of the tension or passion that I should have felt from a hate-to-love love story. I also didn't actually like Jackson or Ivy: he came across as a bit weak and Ivy kind of annoyed me. I think that while the story had the potential to be great, the characters needed a lot
Alison
Ivy Clarke has a secret, she slept with her best friend Savanna's brother Jackson a while back - seven days of wonderful carnality until she realised she as developing feelings and broke it off. Brutal words were said on both sides and now their legendary sniping at each other has taken a nasty turn.

Ivy's mother Cora was the poster-child for women who only feel completed by a man. Ivy's childhood was a revolving door of new step-dads and dubious father figures as her mother latched on to one ma
Irene
4 Stars

Nailed It by Cindi Madsen is a sweet, fun, heartfelt and enjoyable read.

The storyline is engaging, the writing is well done, and the characters entertained me while watching them come together.
I enjoyed the way Ivy and Jackson's relationship unfolded, they made me laugh, they frustrated me and they made me swoon.
These two were good together, I was happy to see them get through Ivy's fears and insecurities to loving each other unconditionally.

Overall, Nailed It is a sweet and entertaining
Bree Howland
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Received for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Unfortunately, I didn't love this one. Around 30% or so I did start getting extremely bored and found myself skimming more than I was reading.

It wasn't BAD per-se, just... drawn out. There just seemed to be a lot of info dump and I wasn't here for it.

The romance, though sweet, was very meh. For some reason I wasn't feeling the heat or tension that the author was trying to put across. I love hate to love romances, but this one didn
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cindi-madsen

It is no secret by now that I’m a huge Cindi Madsen fan and read pretty much any book she writes and always look forward to her books.
I’m also a sucker for second chance romance so when this came up for review it was a no-brainer for me.
I enjoyed the characters, they both were well written , although Ivy at times seemed a bit more on the annoying site. But overall I enjoyed her and she was easy to relate to.
Jackson was also enjoyable and very swoon-worthy, who also happen

Tami
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love second chance romances, but this one offered a little something different. DIY project gone bad. Girl bit off more than she can chew, hunky contractor rescues damsel. OK that last bit's kinda annoying, like we need rescuing. Cute book.

Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arcs
I love second chance romances, and when I saw this would have some sort of HGTV angle, I was all in.

Ivy was a person with a LOT of commitment issues. She couldn't really commit to a job or even a wall color, so how could she commit to another person? After watching her mother serial date/marry her whole life, and then fall apart when it was over, she had resigned herself to living loose and hook-ups only.

Jackson was also known for his chronic dating, but he was ready to settle down, should he
Mags
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
**I was kindly provided with an ARC by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review**

This was a good story, which for the most part I did enjoy. Although I must admit to being a little confused as to the premise of this story. As I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a hate to love story or a second chance romance. And honestly it kind of got stuck somewhere in the middle.

As for the two main characters Jackson and Ivy. I thought they were likable. Certainly Jackson more so than Ivy who
Bette Hansen
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! It's light, sexy, and fun. In true HGTV fashion renovations lead to a fantastic happily ever after.

Ivy and Jackson were such fun characters and the chemistry jumped from the pages. Most people would think they hated each other seeing as they can't be in the same room without snapping at each other. Yet when Ivy takes on a project that is well over her head she knows the only person she can turn to is Jackson. Who knew working together to renovate an old Victorian was a great way
Jill M
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute, fun and flirty story. It had laugh out loud one liners and up against the wall sexy times. It was a little angsty but a whole lot of fun.

Nowadays who doesn’t watch DIY flipping house shows? They’re everywhere. But what is better is reading a story about flipping a house. Like most people Ivy thought she had what it took but found out quickly she was in over her head. In comes sexy contractor Jackson. These two are in a constant foreplay stage of sexual innuendos and funny comeba
Lenore Kosinski

3 stars -- I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

Well bummer.  This one just didn't grab me.  I didn't dislike it, but it was solidly meh for me.  Since this book was entirely from Ivy's POV, I found I didn't have as much to go on for Jackson.  What I saw of him I definitely liked, but I have a feeling that I would have loved him even more if I'd had more time with him, or could have seen inside his
Elizabeth Neal
Ivy, a bartender, is many things, such as a best friend and love doubter, and as of recently, in over her head while trying to flip a house. Yes, she could ask for help, but it would come in the form of Jackson, but she wants to literally flip him on his, uhh...butt. They can't even breathe the same air without throwing verbal blows. Well, there was that one time their mouths were busy doing something else.

Jackson is helping Ivy, his sister's best friend, even though she tries to refuse it. Jack
Pelusa Rivera
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC at no cost to author, for my voluntary review. So this was a cute, funny, sexy book. The heroine had a commitment phobia , so the relationship was slow going. I enjoyed Jackson, he qas lovingly pafient. funny, sexy and sweet slow-burn about a commitment phobe heroine and a delicious and determined yet incredibly patient hero. He was boyfriend material I would graphics him. Ivy could annoy you, with her flip flop attitude, make a decision and stick with it, and enjoy and have fun.
Treena
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. Thank you NetGalley!

The characters from this book were the 2ndary ones from, 12 Steps to Mr. Right. Ivy is Savannah's bestie and Jackson is Savannah's brother. And while it's really not necessary to read "12 Steps", I think that reading "12 Steps" first will give one a better appreciation for this book. Besides, "12 Steps" was a really cute and fun story so reading that book wouldn't be a hardship anyway. 😉

But back to the review of this
☕️Kimberly
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
So cute. RTC
A Klue
I’ve been dying to get my hands on Ivy and Jackson’s story ever since they verbally sparred in “12 Steps to Finding Mr. Right”. Cindi Madsen nailed it once again by giving us a sassy, feisty heroine on the outside but conflicted, broken, and looking for love even though she doesn’t realize it on the inside. Her hilarious internal monologues often had me giggling aloud, and I absolutely loved both character’s quick comebacks to their back and forth banter.

Jackson, the good guy/construction worke
Sandy S
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 23, 2017

I'm Ivy Clarke. Bartender, best friend, and disbeliever in love.
And now I'm in over my head, trying to flip a house all by myself.
Thanks, HGTV.

Jackson Gamble and I can't be in the same room together for more than a minute without devolving into a sparring match.

Except for that one time…

But en
Lauren loves llamas
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
After spending a childhood being drug along as her mother chased her “flavor-of-the-month” guy, Ivy is anti-love, anti-relationships, and anti- any sort of commitment, down to what color to paint the walls in her condo. But it’s a spur of the moment decision that lands her in hot water when she decides to take on renovating her mom’s ex-friend’s house, the only place she ever really felt like home. In over her head, Ivy’s best friend’s brother, Jackson, is called in to lend his professional help ...more
Floryie
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
As soon as I saw the author's name, I was sure that I wanted to read the book. And then the blurb was interesting enough to want me to commit to the story.

The starting was intriguing with the way Ivy and Jackson were butting heads. But the story was slow in forming into the rest of the tale. It took me a while to get into the flow. Sometimes, Ivy irked me with her actions. I kind of understood her reasons but still she was too much against love!

Then it picked up a bit with the banter between the
Becky Burciaga
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having already read Savannah and Linc’s story in 12 Steps to Mr Right, I knew immediately that I was going to thoroughly enjoy Ivy and Jackson's journey in finding their HEA. Their getting there was so completely captivating I just knew hands down that I was in for a fast paced story with the type of writing I've experienced from this author in her previous books.

Even though I was often frustrated with Ivy and her roadblocks to happiness with her rules to NOT having a relationship with Jackson,
Zoe Forward
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nailed It by Cindi Madsen is a cute, fun and quick read. The writing pulls you in and the author pens memorable characters.
I was so drawn in by the idea of the DIY house flip fix-up. Had to try it. Our heroine Ivy is post-college but not sure how to use her degree. She’s got childhood issues and mommy issues that make her a commitment phobe. Now she’s found passion in the idea of flipping a house badly in need of renovation, but ding-ding-ding: those TV shows lied on how easy everything was to g
Heather 123
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eh...this book was just okay for me. I admit there were parts I skimmed because they were just drawn out and boring. Overall the story wasn't bad; a cute story about how a girl who fears commitment falls for her best friend's brother.

As I said some parts were drawn out, paragraph after paragraph of internal dialogue where Ivy recounts her past over and over again. Since she had known Jackson for years he obviously knew much of this which is why the author didn't have you learn of her past throu
Konny
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nailed It by Cindi Madsen is a standalone romance novel.
Meet Ivy Clarke. She works as bartender and has serious commitment issues. When her childhood refuge is about to be sold, she proposes to flip the house. Thanks to HGTV she feels equipped to do so. But then she sees she´s way over her haed in this and she needs help. Help from Jackson Gamble, her nemesis. They can´t be in each others company without slinging insults, bicker, banter and playing pranks on each other.
Jackson wants a forever an
Isha Coleman
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nailed It by Cindi Madsen
I have an affinity for cheeky and entertaining.  Cindi Madsen hit the nail on the head (pun intended) with Ivy and Jackson.  Nailed It combines two of my worst addictions: HGTV and hilarious, steamy, heartwarming romance to create an irresistibly tempting renovation of the heart.  The ultimate fixer upper has arrived and left a lasting impression on my heart.
Maddy's Reading
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
#bestFriendsBrother #iLoveJackson #BlackWidow #CherryCoke #ManGlitter

“I’d tried everything to stop it, but he’d ignored my super-reinforced walls and had me breaking all my rules”

“I’ve never felt the way I feel when I’m with Jackson, and yes, I am a better, happier person with him.”

“Would you rather be right, or would you rather be in love?”

“You and me? We’re not a risk, babe.”
“We’re a sure bet.”

Review to follow
ARC generously provided by the author in exchange of an honest review
Nicki K.
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Having been in a bit of a contemporary romance rut, this book was a godsend. Ivy was an awesome main character. She was funny, fiercely independent, and endearingly jaded. Her journey from a commitment adverse cynic to someone who maybe-sorta-kinda loves someone was compelling and sweet. Her relationship with Jackson was not only adorable, but believable and healthy. I really enjoyed this, and am already looking into
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Return Billionaire to Sender (Billionaires of Manhattan #5)
  • The Wedding Date Disaster
  • The Billionaire's Fake Fiancée (Billionaires of Manhattan #4)
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business #1)
  • Romancing His Rival
  • The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl (Billionaires of Manhattan, #2)
  • Breaking the Billionaire's Rules (Billionaires of Manhattan #3)
  • The Bookworm's Guide to Faking It (The Bookworm's Guide, #2)
  • Her Aussie Holiday (Patterson's Bluff #2)
  • The Mistletoe Kisser (Blue Moon #8)
  • Just My Type (Hometown Love #2)
  • An Ex for Christmas
  • Otterly Scorched (Hometown Love, #3)
  • Bound to Submit (Blasphemy, #1)
  • Signed Over (The Boardroom, #2.5)
  • Christmas Cliche
  • Strictly Confidential (The Boardroom, #3)
  • Tomboy (The Hartigans, #3)
Cindi Madsen is a USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance and young adult novels. She sits at her computer every chance she gets, plotting revising, and falling in love with her characters. Sometimes it makes her a crazy person. Without it, she’d be even crazier. She has way too many shoes, but can always find a reason to buy a new pretty pair, especially if they’re sparkly, colorful, ...more