Start by marking “Saving It” as Want to Read:
Saving It

Saving It

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  454 Ratings  ·  130 Reviews
Eden: Josh Evans and I have been best friends forever. He knows all my secrets, and I know all of his. So when he randomly asks me to help him lose his virginity, I sort of flip out. That’s a question that sends your mind to places you’ve seriously never considered before. Like, you know. Having sex. With your best friend. Except Josh doesn’t want to have sex with me—he wa ...more
Published November 6th 2017 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about Saving It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving It

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review and Excerpt at Of Pens and Pages.

Saving It by Monica Murphy is a cute young adult romance about a girl helping her best friend find someone to help him lose his virginity but instead finds themselves falling for each other instead.

Eden Sumner and Joshua Evans are thick as thieves. When Josh asks her to help him lose his virginity—no, not by her—she ends up saying yes. Now that they’re trying to look for the lucky girl to pop Josh’s cherry, they’re both starting to see things the
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“I’m not a pimp. I’m like the girl in charge of The Bachelor. Instead of a rose, he’ll hand over his virgin status as the main prize.”

This was a YA contemporary romance story, about best friends who developed feelings for each other.

I liked Eden and Josh in this, and I liked their friendship. It was cute how both of them hid their feelings for the other because they were worried about ruining th
Rê
description

3 “Virgins & BFFs” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Entangled Teen (Crush)!

As a huge fan of the BFFs falling in love trope, I was eager to read this book from the moment I saw the ARC. It didn't wow me as much as I'd hoped, and I ended up having similar problems with the story as I did with Monica Murphy's other book, but it was an enjoyable read.

One of the things I liked most about Saving It was how real Eden and Josh's friendship was. I truly felt like they knew each other and had been cl
enqi ✨ (belongs to rhysand & jin)
Saving It by Monica Murphy was an enchantingly cute young adult contemporary romance that stole my breath and left my toes tingling. I didn't know whether I was going to adore it at the start, but before long I was completely entranced by it. I read it when I was on vacation in Hokkaido, and it was the perfect winter read that made me feel fuzzy and warm.

Josh and Eden have been best friends since forever. She knows everything about him and he knows everything about her.

So when Josh asks Eden to
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ya, romance, 2017
A fun and cute friends-to-more romance, laced with some really wonderful moments and just enough drama to keep it interesting.

I am a fan of Murphy's NA and adult books, so I was interested to see what she had to offer in the YA realm. I found Saving It to be fun, light, and flirty and I was throughly entertained.

•Pro: The number one reason why I wanted to read this was because it was a friends-to-more story. I love this type of romance, and I absolutely liked the way Murphy let it evolve.

•Pro:
Danielle
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this book and the author too!

Joshua and Eden are best friends. They spend most of their time together. They know almost everything about each other. They can read each other's emotions, and are totally in tune. They are constantly telling people they are just friends, but even their closest buddies think there should be more to their relationship.

Josh needs Eden's help. He wants to lose his virginity before he starts college. He isn't very good at choosing the right girls, so he wants Eden
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
3.5 STARS

When Josh comes to Eden for help in losing his V card her first response is “No way!” But Josh is persistent and Eden loves a project, so… Eden finds herself making a list of possible girls for Josh to hook up with. She’s giving him advice on initiating contact with the girls, she’s taking him shopping for clothes, and acting as a sounding board as Josh shares his progress. They’ve been best friends for years so why is she suddenly bothered by Josh’s attention to other girls?

Josh is ti
katwiththehat
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you so much to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for allowing me to read and review this cute best friends to lovers book by Monica Murphy! Josh and Eden have been best friends for what feels like forever. So when Josh decides he doesn't want to head off to college in the fall still a virgin, he enlists Eden to help him find a girlfriend. Eden loves "The Bachelor" and Josh secretly watches it as well, and it was cute the way themes from that show were intertwined into the book. Watching E ...more
bookbruin
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute and angsty YA contemporary romance! I'm a huge fan of the friends to lovers trope and there's nothing sweeter than best friends discovering what everyone else seems to have known all along. I am always impressed with how well Monica Murphy writes the teenage mind. She perfectly captures all the drama and insecurities of navigating high school. I enjoyed having both Josh and Eden's points of view and I felt like their voices were true and realistic for their ages. Yes, they're imm ...more
Courtney
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Monica has written another sweet YA romance that has you wishing your high school life was theirs. LOL

The burb pretty much tells you what you to expect in this story. Josh and Eden have been best friends for what seems like forever. And no, there has never been any underlying feelings that either of them have for the other. Until Josh drops the bomb of wanting Eden's helping losing his V card, just not with her.

This whole situation has Eden and Josh looking at each other in a different light. T
lacy [a ravenclaw library]
A special thank you goes out to Entangled Teen for allowing me to read this early. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I loved this book! You are going to hear me say that a lot during this review. The minute I started it, I knew that I would just adore it. Eden and Josh are easily my favorite POVs and characters. Each of them were so humorous in their own way with their fun personalities. Even when I wanted to smack their heads together at their stubbornness, I still loved them.

I think of t
Chloe
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
**WARNING: THIS TEXT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

I was given an ARC of this book by Netgalley and Chapter by Chapter Blog Tours in exchange for an honest review.

This is such a cute + fluffy contemporary romance!

Uhh first I got to say that it's kind of ridiculous that Josh wants to lose his V-card because he doesn't want to be laughed at. Okay, I'm not a boy and maybe boys laugh at each other because of their virgin status so I'm not really that sure, but wow, he's looking for someone to have sex becau
Issah Camille Garcia
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"She fits perfectly in my arms. The sounds she makes, the way she tastes, how she touches me, it’s like everything I’ve been searching for but never found. I’ve found it now. I’ve found it with Eden."
-Josh, Saving It by Monica Murphy

*ARC given in exchange of an honest review.

Saving It is a YA contemporary about bestfriends who are secretly in love with each other.

This book has a very strong introduction. I love how I already get hooked up on the story from the moment I read the first chapter.
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the Publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Netgalley and Entangled: Crush!

Saving It tells the story of two best friends: Eden and Josh. They’ve been friends since they were young and know every secret of each other. One day Josh randomly asks Eden to help him lose his virginity to someone. Since that question, everything changed. Now they both start to second-guess their feelings for each other…

Saving It is the perfect co
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

Young Adult age-range: 14+ due to swearing and sexual content

4 Stars overall.
5 Stars for actual young adult readers
3 stars for adult readers.

As a sucker for a page-turning young adult book, I won't lie by saying I didn't sit down and devour Saving It from page-one until the end. However, I need to state I read it quickly for two reasons. One, I wanted to know where the novel was going to go, even knowing the ending destination.
Kristine
Original review can be found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Entangled Teen in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

Saving It was the story of best friends who discover they have feelings for each other that go deeper than friendship. The problem is that they were trying to find someone for Josh to lose his virginity to before heading off to college when they made this discovery. Neither one of them wanted to admit it to the other and
Lauren - SERIESous Books
**I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley. This is a voluntary review; all opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

There's a lot to like about this book. For one thing, I found it to be super refreshing to have Josh be the one who is the one primarily focused on losing his virginity. Most of the time, books look at this from the female perspective so it was really cool for me to get the teenage boy viewpoint.

I also loved how genuine this book was. The situa
Alicia
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love friends-to-lovers stories and oh man this one did not disappoint. Being a YA story was amazing too. Made me a bit nostalgic for my high school years.

Josh asks his best friend, Eden, to help him find a girl to lose his virginity to. This just leads to all kinds of confusion for the two of them. Jealousy and feelings that they’ve never felt for one another show up and they don’t know what to do with them.

I loved Josh and Eden. I truly believe that your significant other should totally be
Danielle
I am a long time fan of Monica Murphy. Her book One Week Girlfriend is a go to recommended read from me and one the really got me into New Adult books so I was super excited to read a YA Romance from her. I really liked this book. Josh and Eden were so great. Even though at one point Eden annoyed me I was really rooting for them to get it together. Sometimes the secondary characters in a book can annoy me too but I really loved their friends Abraham and Molly too. They really were great friends ...more
Adriana
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Thanks to Netgalley for giving me an honour of reading an arc of this book. I love friends to lovers stories and this one was no different.

Eden and Josh are best friends and before leaving for college Josh wants to lose his V card so he enlists Eden's help to find the perfect girl for the job and being his best friend of course she cant say no even if she finds it a bit weird lol

But as the search continues Josh starts to see that the person he was looking for all along was right in front of hi
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Super cute! Readers will be dying for Eden and Josh to figure out that they're in love with each other as much as Abraham and Molly, Josh's and Eden's other best friends, we're throughout the book.

Best thing about this book? How realistic the characters and the way they speak are. You can really tell that Monica Murphy has teens in her life and that she really understands them.
Ptiteaurel
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Monica Murphy signe ici une romance Young Adult douce , légère et sympathique avec de jeunes héros qui vont devoir choisir entre l'amour et l'amitié.

Josh Evans est un jeune homme qui a décidé de perdre à tout prix sa virginité avant son entrée à la fac et c'est pourquoi il va solliciter l'aide de la seule personne qui a une importance capitale dans sa vie à savoir sa meilleure amie Eden qu'il connaît depuis le collège. Josh est un jeune homme assez marrant car il est pris dans le piège de ses ho
Kassiah
4-1/2 stars.

I've read lots of other books by Monica Murphy, mostly New Adult and Romance. Turns out she's one of my favorite authors, which was only cemented by how much I loved her latest young adult release, Saving It.

The summary is pretty spot-on. Eden tries to play matchmaker when her bestie, Josh, decides he can't graduate without losing his v-card. Of course, the girl he's been looking for has been standing there all along, right in front of his adorable face. How long will it take them t
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4 / 5 stars

“I’d run to your rescue any time you asked, no matter what.”

I always quite enjoy Monica Murphy's books, and it for sure happened again with this one.
Saving It was fun, cute and just plain enjoyable to read. If you love friends-to-lovers romances, you're in for a treat!

It was so fun to see Josh and Eden realize that they had feelings for each other. Eden's reactions to how she started feeling when thinking about John having sex were really entertaining to read.

Josh and Ab
Danielle Cordsen
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Saving it
By: Monica Murphy
📚💕⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐💕📚

True friendship to lovers...Amazing

Oh my, my, my talk about a book that can take me back to my own youth and the memories created.

Monica Murphy captured real teen problems in this book. I have a junior and senior both boys and could literally see every single thing written playing in my mind.

Book blurb: Josh Evans and I have been best friends forever. He knows all my secrets, and I know all of his. So when he randomly asks me to help him lose his virginity
Amanda Hanson
I wanted to like this book so much, because it sounded really cute and I love a good YA romance. But goodness... this was written so poorly that I was continually taken out of the story and slapped in the face with the reality that I couldn't get lost in this story at all.

The characters were likeable enough. Eden and Josh were set up to be an excellent friends-to-lovers story. Josh wants Eden to help him find someone to lose his virginity to (??), and that's what kicks off the story. That was th
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
When it comes to YA, Monica Murphy nails it every single time. She always manages to write stories and create characters that easily take me back to my high school days. If you love YA, "Saving It" is a story that you are going to love.

"My friendship with Eden means too much to me to screw it up by....
screwing her. We're friends and that's it."

Josh and Eden are best friends that are both secretly developing feelings for one another. When Josh decides it was time to lose his big V card he can
Becky
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Saving It is a cute and sweet best-friends-to-lovers YA romance. I liked the slow-ish, natural progression of their "we're just friends" attitudes to something more and how they were both so worried that even though they were starting to have feelings, acting on them would ruin their friendship forever. It made the story feel very real and natural. And the over-the-top grand gesture was absolutely perfect--I'm not 100% convinced that any teenaged boy anywhere would do that for real, but it was a ...more
Joli
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read a lot of friends to more books. It is one of my favorite tropes. Check out my reading list if you don’t believe me. That’s why I wanted to read SAVING IT and it is one of the reasons that I liked it. I loved the friendship between Eden and Josh - their easiness, their familiarity with each other. Like their best friends and family, and practically anyone who was around them, I wondered when they were going to figure out.

I do have say that Josh’s reasoning for wanting to lose his virginit
KarenJo Custodio
4.5 ★ – Flirty, Hilarious and Incredibly Swoony

Another cutesy and fun read from Entangled Teen Crush! Seriously, these books are so addictive and I always have the best sugar high from them.  And Saving It by Monica Murphy… definitely sweet and incredibly swoony.

This is the first book I’ve read from Monica Murphy and I can honestly say that it won’t be my last. Saving It is adorably fun, flirty, and hilarious. Not to mention Eden and Josh’s relationship is absolutely endearing and 100% shippable
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: http://bit.ly/2b1SzV6

Check out my Facebook page for more info & regular updates: http://www.facebook.com/MonicaMurphya...

Hang out with me on Instagram!
More about Monica Murphy

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Tell The Wolves I'm Home
    $12.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows