Start by marking “Dangerous Moves” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Moves

Dangerous Moves

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Pounding music. Sculpted men. And a conspiracy that could cost far more than a few dollar bills . . .

HOT COP

Published February 13th 2018 by Kensington Lyrical Press

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

Dangerous Moves is the first book in the brand new Dallas After Dark series by Karen Rock. Up to this point, I’ve known Karen’s books as being sweet romance. As far as I know, this is her first venture into the steamy suspense trope. And she knocked it out of the park!

Dangerous moves karen rock

Detective Blake Knight works for the Dallas Police Department. Blake is a chameleon. He can work deep under cover and keep his cool, compartmentalizing the different parts of his life. In his world, everything is bl
Elaine
Rating: 4.5/5

Well I have to say this was a great surprise in a really good way! It is a romantic suspense that also had me laughing out loud at times and definitely not wanting to put it down until I’d finished it. My advice is grab yourself a copy and read it for yourself, rather than reading my review!

For those who are still reading this, just imagine a cop going undercover to work as a dancer in an elite male strip club! No wonder this story is called ‘Dangerous Moves’ – he certainly needs to
Book Lover
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounded up to 3

Detective Blake Knight has excelled at undercover work. He’s become so many people he’s lost sight of who he really is. Left in a trash dumpster by his birth mother, born crack addicted, raised by his adoptive mother and cop dad, he’s spent his life proving he was worth being saved. He needs one more successful op to get the promotion he wants. He’s offered an opportunity to bust a steroid ring which will require him going undercover at a male strip club, Dallas Heat.

Ree
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
First to get this out of the way, I won this through a Goodreads giveaway but my opinion is my own. Now, let me start off by saying that I didn't know I would laugh this much reading this novel, not because it was a bad book but there were parts that just had me laughing and smiling like the loser/dork I am.

The writing flows wonderfully and the characters are well written, the romance is nice and the plot is not one I've read before in the land of romance and that I loved. Maybe I don't read en
Haven
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book by Karen Rock! I have to say, when I read the snippet summarizing this book, I really wanted to read it - undercover cop enters the stripping world teamed up with the daughter of the strip clubs daughter. It sounded entertaining! The book certainly didn't disappoint!
Lola
I received a free copy from the publisher through Netgalley and voluntarily reviewed it.

Dangerous Moves is the first book in Karen Rock's new romantic suspense series. I've read almost all of Karen Rock's books so far and really like her writing. So I jumped on the chance to get an advance copy of this one. It is a great start of this new series, it has some steamy romance, danger, suspense and a bit of mystery all rolled into a great read.

The story follows Detective Blake Knight, who has to fin
Tami
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.5

Contemporary romantic suspense. I thought this was absolutely fantastic read. Whodunit and why- love those. Author hurry up and fix the notated spots I left in NetGalley, so I can give this book a 5.

Keren Hughes
Dangerous Moves is one of my favourite books of 2017. Karen Rock is an amazing author. I’ve read many of her books and have come to expect a certain standard from her stories. This book did not disappoint. Though it is a completely different type of book to her previous works, she managed to exceed my expectations.
I believe it’s the first time she’s come to write sex scenes, but reading them, you would not know it. They are hot and steamy, utter perfection.
This may not be the typical story you
Dísir
Having a cop going undercover in a male stripper club is is something new and I’ll admit readily that this played a huge part in wanting to read ‘Dangerous Moves’. Marvellous premise, after all and I’ll not say no to this. Romantic Suspense or not, that does start off rather hilariously, as Blake Knight takes on one of the dodgiest cases and had the (good?) fortune of meeting the owner’s daughter.

But with the strip club as a front for illegal activities amid the red-hot male routines, Blake and
Helen
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of a new series and I loved it, it is fast paced a very sensual and emotional romance and edge of your seat suspense with danger and lots of action thrown in, MS Rock has penned a story that is sure to keep the reader involved and turning the pages as undercover cop Blake Knight and dancer Reece Landon race together to uncover a steroid ring and their feelings for each other.

Reece has come back to Dallas after being away for twelve years, her father has been shot and is in a co
Jess Lawson
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As an avid Karen Rock fan and suspense junky of course I had to take the time to read Dangerous Moves. I was left in aww. This is a new genre for Rock. I knew I had always loved her work but I was a bit skeptical how I was going to feel seeing this side of her. I must say I don't regret it. She wrote this marvelously.

I felt myself drawn to wanting to know what was going to happen with Reese and Blake. Being an undercover cop and falling for your suspects daughter can get very tricky. The suspen
Michelle
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of sexy suspense and readers who like male strip clubs and undercover detective stories
Recommended to Michelle by: a review ARC was available on NetGalley
Red hot and full of suspense. I loved the sizzling romance between Blake, an undercover cop posing as a male stripper to uncover a steroid ring at a Dallas club, and Reese, the club's owner's daughter who returns home to take over when her father, who was working as an informant, was shot. The sexual chemistry between Blake and Reese is off the charts. I loved their witty, naughty, irreverent banter, the tender swoony moments, and the out-of-this-world steamy love scenes that made me wish for a ...more
Bette Hansen
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A hot detective working undercover in a male strip club? Count me in!! When I read the blurb for this one I knew I needed to read it. I definitely was not disappointed.

Detective Blake Knight is working to bust a steroid ring working out of a male strip club. Making inroads into the group will require him to get a job in the club. Reese Landon is running her father's club after he's shot and left in a coma. She's aware her father has some shady deals going on and she'll do whatever it takes to p
Riet De Bruin-Strijker
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was mesmerized from the beginning when I read this book. Needless to say that I loved reading it, sometimes went back a few pages or chapters to read it again. I devoured the words and ideas and the wicked fantasy sewn into this hot and sexy undercover story. I loved how Karen Rock told the story between two people who so desperately deserved to be loved, got their chance of their happy ever after. I must admit: I even didn’t know who were the villains in this story - it came as a big surprise ...more
Sue
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Humorous, romantic, suspenseful. I enjoyed this book by Karen Rock and look forward to reading more from her.
Sherry Bohrmueller
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good mystery story with a lot of twists and turns. Great writing.
Nancy
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME STORY!! Stirring story about a cop trying to solve a crime and the victim's daughter trying to save her father! The chemistry between Blake and Reese is steaming hot. I couldn't put it down.

Deb Diem
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Moves by Karen Rock is a fabulous read. Ms. Rock has given us a book that is well-written and loaded with amazing characters. Blake and Reese's story is packed with suspense, drama, sizzle and humor...and let's not forget, male strippers. I love the suspense in this story, had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed reading Dangerous Moves and look forward to reading many more books by Karen Rock. Dangerous Moves is part of the Dallas After Dark Series but can be read as a standal ...more
Sarah Lehman
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Karen Rock's new Dallas After Dark series. Detective Blake Knight has followed in his father's footsteps & joined the police force. To have a chance at a promotion he is assigned to work undercover, to bust a steroid ring. He has to work undercover at Dallas After Dark, working with the club owner's daughter.

Reese Landon has always dreamed of owning her own dance studio, not taking over her father's club. She has discovered some shady business practices and due to
Marsha Mcdaniel
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this romance, which had more suspense and drama that really kept me turning the pages.
Blake was a total hero and forever the good guy, even if he bumbled the love a bit. His off the cuff remarks and moves had me sniggering from the start.
Reese was a heroine for sure, coming back stronger and more kickass than she ever had been. Even though her loyalties were a bit misplaced at times, she too had her funny snark moments.
These two together were pretty freaking awesome
Beverly S
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I loved this story. Great writing and suspense kept me hooked to the very end. I never would have guessed who shot Reese's dad. Reese has come back home to take over the family business while her father is in a coma. Blake is a Dallas cop given a drug selling case to solve landing Reese in danger. Can Blake and Reese work together and solve this case? Admit to their feelings for each other? You'll have to read to find out :)
Kathy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book from Karen Rock that I have read. It will not be the last. the book was sexy and a fun read.
Cindy Reifel
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reese Landon has returned home after 14 years, in order to run her Dad's famous male strip club after he is left in a coma after being shot. She finds that he was an undercover informant for the police and, is scrambling to find what he's been doing all these years. Det. Blake Knight has been an undercover detective for years but, this is the first time he's had to work undercover as a male stripper. Not one to balk at a challenge, he decides to accept the assignment, especially as soon as he se ...more
Petula
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Detective Blake Knight is up for promotion to his fathers old unit, but only if he solves this next case while playing strictly by the rules. He is used to working undercover and becoming all sorts of people but this job will uncover who he really is.
Reese Landon has come back to Dallas because her dad has been shot. She is hoping for a reconciliation with him. She will protect the business he loves, while he can't.
The business comes with the perks of lots of eye candy, but also has something
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sizzle and suspense keep this action packed story moving. Blake goes undercover at a male strip club to stop a steroid ring. He wants to get a promotion and make his father proud.
Reese is trying to keep her father's club going while he is in the hospital in a coma. She works with Blake to find the head of the steroid ring to prove that her father isn't involved in it.

Blake makes a sexy stripper. I love the audition scene. It is funny.

The plot twists and turns to the end. I had a slight guess who
Toni
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it

Undercover cop at a male review strip club? Yes, please. Thankfully Karen Rock made it happen in her latest suspense Dangerous Moves, the first in her Dallas after dark series. I fell in love with this book from the start. Rock got into Blake’s head fast and once she did that I was hooked. Reece is his perfect match. I would have liked them to start trusting each other sooner…my biggest love of romantic suspense is that it gets the hero and heroine to work together faster. When Rock finally brou
Karen
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Laurie Beemer
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing out loud in some parts, and yelling out loud in others. The entire time I was reading this book I couldn't help wondering what was happened next. The steamy and sexy book was so fun to read. I am so ready to read more books by this author. Thank you for allowing me to read this book and write about it.
Kaetrin
Jan 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
Narrated by Callie Dalton & Teddy Hamilton.

Reviewing for AudioGals.
Gigi staub
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

HOT COP

Detective Blake Knight has been undercover before. But an assignment to bust a steroid ring running out of Dallas’s elite male strip club means his new cover will be nothing but his own taut muscles and oiled skin. It’s one thing for the tough, by-the-books agent to take down bad guys with his gun. Facing a rowdy crowd in only a G-string is another story . . . especially in front of his new
Karen Rock is an award-winning YA and adult contemporary author. She holds a Master of Fine Arts in English and worked as an ELA instructor before becoming a full-time author. Her Harlequin Heartwarming novel, A LEAGUE OF HER OWN, has won the 2015 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award and the 2015 Booksellers Best Award. Her Heartwarming novel, WISH ME TOMORROW, has won the 2014 Gayle Wilso ...more
More about Karen Rock...

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Use
  • The Husband
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emma's Secret
  • She's Not There
  • Heart Collector
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room with a Clue (Pennyfoot Hotel #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $2.00