Start by marking “Lencería rojo caramelo y un Louisville Slugger (I.O.N. nº 1)” as Want to Read:
Lencería rojo caramelo y un Louisville Slugger (I.O.N. nº 1)

Lencería rojo caramelo y un Louisville Slugger

(I.O.N. #1)

Ansioso por escapar de las sombras de una trágica pérdida, Diego construye una vida nueva junto a su mejor amigo, Beck. Cuando al fin decide admitir que está enamorado de él, dicha nueva vida da un giro feliz y excitante. Pero la paz puede romperse con facilidad, tal y como Diego sabe demasiado bien, y esta vez se ve arruinada por la llegada de un misterioso paquete y un h ...more
Published June 7th 2017 by Less Than Three Press, LLC (first published January 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lencería rojo caramelo y un Louisville Slugger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lencería rojo caramelo y un Louisville Slugger

Parvathy
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 Stars

A really good start to a series. The book is fast-paced, action packed, emotion filled, sexy and hot and also has the added edge of paranormal elements..

I loved the book.!! I loved the narrative and how the author has developed the characters. I loved the dynamics between them all. The bond between Diego and Beck and how they developed their relationship has been portrayed beautifully. The best friends to lovers transition has been portrayed in a realistic manner. I loved their sexual c
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I am reviewing the second edition of this book, which according to the publisher "has been reworked and significantly expanded."

Let me begin by saying:

- This book is not a romance. There is a M/M relationship, yes, but it's overshadowed by the suspense, mystery & paranormal elements. The book begins when one of the MCs is 12, and the second MC isn't introduced until the 20 percent mark.

- The ending is NOT a HEA. It's very much a cliffhanger. There is some resolution to Diego and Beck'
Nina
What you can know without spoilering the book is that this story feels like a prologue in that it's so short and the world is barely sketched, but manages to be unbelievably satisfying nonetheless.

Long-ass rant is spoiler-tagged because it tells basically everything – sorry! I can't seem to stop my fingers from going crazy on the keyboard when something frustrates me. But don't worry: even my favourite books have something frustrating and rant-inspiring; that doesn't mean I didn't love them.

Refl
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Diego decides to go for broke with his roommate Beck; he has been in love with the man for years and now is the time to do something about it, and it is the best night of his life. But having to escape from thugs the next morning, carrying a package that Beck won’t talk about, makes Diego believe the worse and Diego swears to get Beck free of whatever underworld trap he has fallen into. Beck has wanted to
Lucy
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

4.5 Isn’t it always the way? You finally decide to confront your best friend whom you have loved forever about how you feel. You have an amazing night, he accepts and embraces all your kinks and then suddenly the whole world turns upside down.

Diego is S.E.X.Y. He is a really big guy, construction worker tough and a brute. Holy balls, when Beck peels down those work pants and sees what is underneath, get your fan out. Then to find that the big bad Deigo is an e
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
An UnexPectEd SeXy BEAutY!

I love when I open a new book by a writer and I get an unexpected surprise. I adore this book. It's a re-readable treasure. I re-read this on 12/16 and found it to be still so very fun.

Diego and Beck...were simply A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!

The storyline has a sprinkle of BDSM, and OMG, that sprinkle was extremely HAWT, I loved it!

The Storyline has intriguing paranormal aspects, I loved it!

There is a big "To be Continued " feeling at the end of the book, a very small cliff-han
Pete W
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked that the author's decision to start the book with the MCs having sex. Then sex was done and the rest of the book can be use for the plot without pause.

The pacing was fast, things happens in quick successions that manage to not felt like an info dump.

It was rather surprising on how the I.O.N. operate (view spoiler)
D
OMG! OMG! OMG! *runs around flailing arms in the air* Hot damn! This has the potential for turning out to be a amazing series. Diego is my *New bad ass MC for 2013. I knew I had to read this one....just because of the title of the book alone.

Did. not. expect what I got when I read the story. Love a man who wears lace and can kick some punk ass at the same time. Hot, I tell ya. Hot, goddammit! Some lacy kink, BDSM (lite, so far), some paranormal/shifter, thug-gang, don't mess with ma family, kic
V
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic new series.
This seems to have great potential, I hope the Author keep up the good work, because it would be a shame if this series goes down the hill after such a great beginning.
Action, amazing plot,kick ass heroes, very hot and sensual sex scenes and the right amount, well, this book for sure ticked all my favorites boxes.
Terrific, I hope the next sequel is release very soon.
Mandi
Jan 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very, very good read but over way to fast!! so many loose ends I cant wait for the next book. (seriously, when is it coming out?lol)
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
The beginning was too familiar. I kept thinking I'd read the book before because it reminded me of several shorts I've read. But that didn't mean the start was bad. No, it was hot. It's a little weird to start out with a sex scene but it was good so it worked for me.

Interesting new take on werewolves which I liked. I don't like it when someone is referred to as "the blond," especially a main character, but this only happened a couple of times. I'm not sure why (view spoiler)
 ~♥ Elle ♥~
Loved this book! It's hot, kinky, and fast-paced. The characters are sexy and I love the fact that they were best friends and were (view spoiler). You get pulled into the story that you just want to find out what happens next--like, right now! I've read it in one sitting. Looking forward to the next book on the series. <3
Absynthe
Well now! That started misleadingly. At first it seemed like another romance, but the plot evolved significantly to something really interesting. I liked Diego and the plot moved along at a good pace. Where's the sequel????
Lexi Ander
Nov 07, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-it
4/10/2014

Just a quick note to say this title has been released from the former publisher. I will be submitting this to a publisher after some revisions are made. Thank you for your patience and your interest!
Crissy Morris
4.75 stars - rounded up

A Joyfully Jay Review

Diego Hernandez has been in love with his best friend and roommate, Beck Zell, since they met in college. He’s finally made up his mind to tell Beck how he feels. And it’s better than he ever thought it could be. Beck is everything that Diego always hoped for and more. After one amazing, hot, kinky night with Beck, Diego is certain that there will be no going back.

But when morning comes, secrets threaten to tear the new lovers apart. First, a mysteriou
Sadonna
Full review can be found at The Novel Approach

Yippee! I read the original version of this story some years ago when it was released through the original publisher, gave it 4 stars and bugged the author about the next book in the series. Then the publisher folded, leaving the series in limbo. Luckily the series has been picked up by another publisher, expanded and now is poised for a relaunch.
Diego is a young man who is special. He “sees” things in his dreams that frighten him – especially sinc
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Interesting world building. I like mysteries and paranormal that are not your run of the mill sparkly vamp. This has that - the background of Diego's family brought a very earthy quality to the whole thing. I wanted to know his abuela more. Setting it in San Diego/LA makes the Hispanic component more realistic and believable - although at times adding in the Spanish felt off. Having lived in that area for over 20 years it is more common to hear people converse all in one language without mixing ...more
Becky Condit
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexi Ander has taken a ordinary run of the mill premise and is able to bring it to life with a wickedly funny and very concise style that is definitely not what I expected. Her very original characters and unique story line about shifters, weres, and other paranormal beings take this tale to a new level of entertaining and I DEFINITELY love her quirky ability to bring the most unusual forms of kink to the page.

Please see Trish's complete review on February 10, 2013 at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.
Teresa
Re-Read 1st Edition 28/02/16 I really liked the world building, though there is still so many questions that I hope are answered in further installments in the series. I liked both Diego and Beck and thought they worked as a couple. This is a really action packed novella with a lot going on. It would be nice to see a little more of who these two characters are deep down.

13/02/13 - I am looking forward to more in the series!
Teetee
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-didn-t-finish
I wasn't introduced to these characters before they started having sex right off so it was hard for me to get into the story. Also without proper descriptions I wasn't sure which character we were reading and I had trouble identifying with either one of them. I quit 20 pages in despite the promise of a great story, at least according to the synopsis.
Da'ad
I loved this couple and the story is nice. It's not fascinating like, say, Sumeria's Sons, but I'm intrigued. I wonder if there's another book. It's fine if there isn't, I guess, but I wouldn't mind knowing more.
Kazza
Dec 02, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Yep, I'm in!
Dawn
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would actually give this a 3 1/2 if it were an option. I enjoyed the book and the characters, and will be reading the sequel to see what comes next. There were some problems with pacing and how the secondary characters were shown that kept me from giving it more stars. But even so, I liked it and want to read more.

The paranormal stuff was interesting, and I liked the hints of Mexican and maybe some South American magic that might be coming. Diego felt like a well built character, with a solid
Kat
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Such a surprise. This was GOOOD!

I enjoyed this story on a couple of levels. This is a suspense story with M/M characters; not a romance. Well written with exciting action scenes, the storyline moves in a logical, fast pace so you won't feel lost - even with interspersed Spanish - and you can follow the plot points easily. So it's a really good paranormal suspense story.

I was pleasantly surprised by the secondary genre. I never thought I'd read a magic realism  M/M story. Ruby Red does a good jo
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Overall I enjoyed the story however, there were some things that didn't work so great for me.

I had a very difficult time remembering what all the different spanish phrases meant. I was very appreciative of the glossary but admit I was too lazy to keep trying to go back & forth every time I wanted to look something up. Context was good most of the time but not for everything.

I wanted more backstory for Beck & Diego. We had a good backstory for Diego himself, then a bit for how the couple
Elayne
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was the title that first drew me to this book, then the blurb, but still it ended up on the TBR pile until I saw that there was a giveaway contest for this and other books all of which I already own and have read.
So, this got bumped up and I’m so glad it did. Diego is going to be awesome as he comes into his power, Beck and Denise should definitely have read the small print. It’s a slow burn romance with some miscommunication but a lot of love! I started reading at bedtime intending to just r
Erica Fisher
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ruby Red Booty Shorts and the Louisville slugger was a delightful surprise. Diego and his abuela are special from the get go I wanted to just wrap Diego up and hide him from the cruel world we live in and his abuela did just that in her own loving way. Beck is Diego's best friend and whom has secrets he hates he hates keeping from Diego but finds that Diego has secrets too but loves him as much as Beck loves Diego. I enjoyed the slow build to a beautiful love that knows no bounds and a surprise ...more
Marcine
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun story. It involves a friends to lovers tangle with communication issues due to the secrecy of the I.O.N organization. I loved the use of Parkour as part of our lovers backstory. I also enjoyed how Ms. Ander mixed in the various cultures and mythologies she used. I am writing this review because I had enter an ARC contest, but I already had three of the four ARCs. This happened to be one, I bought years ago when it was first published. After I read it, I had to reread the second in ...more
Kinder
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Lovely story of loss, love, the secrets we all have. The inner horror of coming out to those we love. What we risk keeping things from those we love. Knowing if we want to be happy we have to take the first leap to see if the ones we like, like us back. With all this through in a mysterious man running a gang in the neighborhood. Gifts your born with. A brothers disappearance after going with the man. As an adult will the man holding Deigo's heart go the same way as his brother?
Kim K
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-paranormal
Good urban fantasy, I liked the intermix of families and events. The "miscommunication" trope is one that I generally don't enjoy, but it was explainable in this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Ulrich (The Highland Wolves, #1)
  • Honour
  • Every Step You Take
  • Scent of a Wolf (Pack of Light #1)
  • Beast in Me (The Divination Falls Trilogy #2)
  • Hide of a Life War
  • Animal Magnetism
  • Say Something
  • A Matter of Disagreement (Mechanical Universe #1)
  • The Case Of The Wicked Wolf (End Street Dectective Agency #2)
  • Blood Howl (Sanguis Noctis, #1)
  • Fighting Instinct (L'Ange, #2)
  • A Cut Above the Rest
  • The Stolen Luck
  • Electricity in the Contact
  • Deadly Secrets (Kings of Eternity #1)
  • The Duke's Deception
  • Stand Fast in Your Enchantments
Lexi has always been an avid reader and at a young age started reading (secretly) her mother’s romances (the ones she was told not to touch). She was the only teenager she knew of who would be grounded from reading. Later, with a pencil and a note book, she wrote her own stories and shared them with friends because she loved to see their reactions. A Texas transplant, Lexi now kicks her boots up i ...more

I.O.N. (2 books)
  • Werewolf's Tale & a Druid's Sword (I.O.N. #2)