Start by marking “Stories for Homes: Volume Two” as Want to Read:
Stories for Homes: Volume Two

Stories for Homes: Volume Two

“Stories give our imaginations a home. It's good to see them helping to give people shelter in the real world, too...”
- Joanne Harris, author of 'Chocolat'

“A cornucopia of witty, tragic, elegant, raw, heart-warming and terrifying stories that take the idea of Home, play with it as only truly talented writers can, and all to help those who have no home at all."
- Emma Darwi
Published September 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Stories for Homes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories for Homes

Whispering Stories
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Stories for Homes is an anthology containing the writings of fifty-five authors. Each short story has been written especially for the book, with the proceeds from the sales going to the charity, Shelter. The book is dedicated to the victims and survivors of the Grenfell Tower Fire.

The collection is as diverse as the authors. I must confess some of the stories did confused me as to what was actually happening, but they were still delightful to read.
Adele
Shelves: 2017
What I love about collections of short stories is that you can dip in them whenever you have a little time out. Very often when I grab a cuppa I like to read and just choosing one or two of the stories in this collection will take your mind on a journey. I’ve randomly picked and read a few of these stories just be choosing titles that I liked the sound of. Each story grasped my attention and imagination straight away. Some of the stories were touchingly poignant and evoked many emotions in me ch ...more
Beth (bibliobeth)
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When the lovely Faye asked me to be part of a blog tour for Stories For Homes Volume Two, a collection of stories, poetry and flash fiction from fifty five published and non-published authors, I jumped at the chance. This is mainly because proceeds from the sale of each e-book go directly to the charity Shelter that helps the homeless and that this particular volume was released in response to the Grenfell Tower tragedy in London recently. It is dedicated to all the victims and the survivors, th ...more
Grass monster
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Blurb :
A home is something most of us have the luxury of taking for granted but for many it is a grim struggle to obtain what should be a basic necessity. Stories for Homes is a collection of witty, poignant, funny and heartbreaking short stories by fifty five authors, both established and emerging, reflecting the connection between the immediacy of housing crisis and the stories people tell about their lives around and within it. Volume Two of the anthology includes stories, poems and flash
Alix Long
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this review I will be reviewing two short stories from the collection, Return to Winter and Real Comfort Food.

Anyone who knows me and my reading tastes will know that I absolutely adore short stories, so I was very excited to dive into this book. Return to Winter by P.T. Whelan is a fantastic and deeply moving story about a son's relationship with his father, and his eventual realisation that he never knew his father at all. It is a narrative about family relationships, secrets, and how life
Rachel Bustin
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A collection of poems and stories all relating to “home”. What’s good about this book is that all proceeds go to charity.

My first thoughts were that everyone calls home a different place don’t they? Or is a home anywhere family is?

So I’m intrigued to find out about everyone’s different home’s. Obviously where I live is home, but also I call Cornwall my home. After I’ve been away I love to come home, and feel settled after I have crossed the Tamar back into Cornwall.

I have dipped in and out of th
Jade Louise
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(I am a part of the Stories for Homes blog tour)

Today it is an honour and a pleasure to be taking part in the Stories for Homes blog tour, showcasing this truly marvellous book - not only are the stories wonderfully well written, including some truly talented authors in this collection, with all proceeds from Stories for Homes going to an amazing cause: Shelter, a UK charity that assists with housing issues and homelessness.

This particular volume of Stories for Homes is dedicated to those affect
Rae Stoltenkamp
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
It’s difficult to give this a star rating as it consists of separate stories which should ideally be rated in their own right. I’m generally not a reader of short stories so that makes this even harder.

Several stories really touched me and so I’ll simply list their titles and leave it to you to decide if you agree. They are in no particular order.

Siamese – P O’Neill
The Nightin
Stacey Woods
Oct 21, 2017
Jacqueline Ward
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anna
Oct 04, 2017
Christine
Oct 05, 2017
J.A. Ironside
Oct 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Bradshaw
Feb 20, 2018
Joy
Nov 13, 2018
MS ANN-LOUISE DRYDEN
is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2019
Jacqueline Ward's debut psychological thriller, Perfect Ten, was published by Corvus Atlantic Books in September 2018. Jacqueline writes stories about strong women and their lives and loves, exploring the real life emotions of revenge, obsession, rage, trust, guilt and joy.

She is represented by Judith Murray at Greene & Heaton. For more information about Jacqueline and her work go to www.jacq