Start by marking “Now You See Her” as Want to Read:
Now You See Her

Now You See Her

AMELIA has always felt like a happy life is just out of reach. Having moved every few years with her mom and sister, she’s always had a hard time making and keeping friends; there’s never enough time, and never enough money to stay in one place. And now, in her senior year, right before tennis season, Mom wants to move again.

SOPHIE has a perfectly curated, Instagram-ready
Published June 26th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Now You See Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now You See Her

Start your review of Now You See Her
Diabolica
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
I had no intention of reading this book when it first entered my threshold. It was for my sister.

But I figured, why let her have all the fun.

It was about as fun as painting my nails in with a gel pen.

So it wasn't painful, just tedious for the most part.

I want to preface the rest of this review by saying, this book PROBABLY wasn't for me. Just reading the summary made me groan internally.

The book starts of with an average Amelia whose car stops on the side of the road. Then she almost gets a
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars

I really liked The Liar Society books by sisters Lisa and Laura Roecker. Now You See Her is written by those same sisters under their married names. I have no idea why they are not promoting the fact that they are the same duo. It would have made me race to read this book.

Now You See Her is a standalone Young Adult contemporary mystery. The story is about two 17 year old high school seniors Amelia and Sophie. They both play tennis for their school.

Amelia lives with her mom and sister
Jessi ♡
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
i just... got bored and every character was one dimensional and the plot was predictable i.... sorry
Thamy
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was the best YA thriller I've read in a long time.

About to move away again Amelia has always envied the life perfect Sophie led. When her car is down in the middle of a storm and a stranger doesn't seem to come with the best intentions, she runs only to be hit by no one other than Sophie herself. When Amelia wakes up, she is inside Sophie, her own body is in a dangerous coma, and the stranger is still out there without anyone to believe he even existed.

This book is a great thriller to keep
Jen Ryland
I can't resist a body-swap book, but thought this could have swapped out a few plot elements for a better story.

Two girls - one privileged, the other the child of a struggling single mother - face off on the tennis court. After the match, there's an accident, the two girls swap bodies, and one ends up in a coma. The remaining girl, in the wrong body, has to solve the mystery of what happened and how to get them switched back.

I love body swap books. I've read a lot of them, and think this one co
Spencer
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I love a good body swap story. And I did enjoy this one, but I didn't like it as much as I hoped I would. Mostly because I felt some of it was left out of the story. It never felt like it was fully explained to me.
Jordyn Redwood
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a suspense take on the "Freaky Friday" plot line where two people exchange bodies and get to see and feel what it's like to live the other person's life. This time, it happens between two teens-- one popular and one not so much.

That's just the first part. The main crux of the story is the secrets that each of these teens is hiding and how their lives are in danger because of them.

Overall, an enjoyable YA novel with a fresh take on swapping bodies. Relatively clean read as far as langua
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I can't for the life of me think of anything to say about this book even though I read it just a week ago.

Pacing was solid for a mystery, the mystery itself was intriguing and it kept me guessing. Characters were so-so, a bit cliche. But all in all, it was a solid, no hustle type of book. A beach read, for sure.
Brigid Keely
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book as part of a goodreads giveaway.

"Now You See Her" is a body-swap thriller involving Amelia, a lower class scrub from a single parent household who's obsessed with tennis and with winning tennis, and Sophie, the squeaky clean carefully presented upper class tennis star. When Sophie hits Amelia, who's trying to get away from a kidnapper one stormy night, they're both injured: Sophie gets a concussion while Amelia winds up in a coma. When "Sophie" wakes up, though, it's Amelia who's
Kathy Martin
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This twisty mystery starts at a tennis match, moves next to a car accident, and moves to a hospital where one girl wakes up in another girl's body. Amelia has just found out that her family - her mother, her sister, and herself - are getting ready to move again. This will be their eighth move in fifteen years. Amelia has given up on making friends but she hasn't given up playing tennis. That is one thing that she has been doing since she learned as a six-year-old. She tries a little magical thin ...more
BunTheDestroyer
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
!!POSSIBLE SPOILERS ALERT READ WITH CAUTION SPOILER ALERT!!

I did like this book a lot; it was very hard to put down. However...
1. It’s “pored” not “poured” (that mistake could have just been because i was reading an ebook)
2. SERIOUSLY?! After the talk of feminism not two sentences before and the mentions after, Amelia just assumes the birth control is for having sex??! Grrrrr and then she doesnt even TAKE it?? Come on, what harm could it do??
3. Did i miss it? What happened to the mom’s back?
4. I
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr-2018
A solid YA Mystery— a little predictable, the writing a little stilted, and the plot kinda holey at times. Even so, I got into it at certain points and I liked the duality of the characters.
Iris Post
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun read but nothing special
Stephanie  Weatherly
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick read. The book was not exactly what I was expecting it to be. Mix of a realistic fiction/science fiction mystery.
Meghan
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an advanced reader's copy for our young adult collection at the library. I could not put this book down. The character development between Amelia and Sophie and all of their friends were easy to relate to because they were so close to real-life actions. Just when you thought the story was going one direction with the plot, it takes an unexpected turn and you can't help to find out what happens next. Young Adults these days need more compelling, edge of your seat type of r ...more
Lindsay
May 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
Amelia’s car breaks down in the middle of a severe thunderstorm and she is stranded on the side of the road. A stranger offers to help and attempts to abduct her. She gets away and runs into the road, trying to signal down an oncoming car during the torrential rain, but is hit instead.

When she wakes up she is stuck in the body of Sophie, the most popular girl in school and her tennis rival. Amelia goes through confusion and shock over the transformation and has to work her way through her memori
Aliaa El-Nashar
Jul 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
As a whole, I'm not really a big fan of magical realism. Especially since in this particular story, I feel like the author could have done without it. It would have been much better if it was just a confusing mystery.

I feel like a lot of points in the story lagged that didn't need to, making it a little too dull for my liking. And ironically, the important and climactic points were very rushed. Which made for a very unsatisfying ending for me. There was a lot of confusion and a lot of unanswered
Julie
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
two girls who both like tennis and one gets into a coma. Also secrets come out and sorta of a freaky friday . I like amelia trying to solve the mystery. I also like sophia and how she changed many times in the book. I adored Janie and Mae, and Landon. There are some twists and turns in this book.
Teenreadsdotcom
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amelia Fischer has never been “in.” She’s never made a close group of friends or hosted spontaneous sleepovers. She’s never been “in” because she’s always been “out,” as in, one foot always outside the door. Amelia’s mom has a tough job in nursing homes and has to travel almost every year. Along with her devoted and loving sister, Mae, Amelia’s never gotten close to a place like home. This time, though, she feels that it might be different. Morristown is safe, secure, and happy. They have finall ...more
Rok!tsuperhero
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emily | The Wicked Pages
3.5 Stars!

Not gonna to lie, the first 75% of this book had me thinking I was only going to give it two stars. The concept was good, but the information reveals in the chapters were just a little too slow for my taste. I liked the characters enough to stick it out and give it a chance and I'm glad that I did!

Amelia finds herself trapped in the body of Sophie Graham after an accident. Now she's on a quest to figure out how to earn her life back. I have to say this gave me a lot of Don't Look Back
Isabel Smith
Something strange has happened to high school senior Amelia Fischer. After finding out that her mom is uprooting them for the upteenth time and losing a vital tennis match to all-star rival Sophie Graham, Amelia feels a mixture of anger and disappointment. When she finds herself stranded in the middle of a severe lightning storm and on the verge of being kidnapped by an unknown assailant, she panics and blindly runs out onto the flooded street and WHAM!, directly into the path of oncoming traffi ...more
Charlotte
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this book and thought it had an intriguing plot, I hadn’t read a body switch book in a while and thought it would be a short, sweet book I could read in a day. It was.

The book follows the life of Amelia before, during and after a run in with death. However most of the book takes place in Sophie’s body. I enjoyed seeing her navigate the world around her yet as a character is annoyed me how she could wreck what everyone has worked towards. I disliked the character of Amelia for this reaso
Amrita  Nambiar
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brian
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a really entertaining book. I liked the entire story. I was making a hat. Then, I wanted to read a book for a while suddenly I was done, and it was 1 in the morning!
(view spoiler)
Vrinda
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was basically an awesome read. The book kept me interested all throughout.
I really loved the concept of the book and as far as happy endings go, this had a petty good one.
It was just that the ending did not match the level of the rest of the book. It left me a bit unsatisfied.
During the last chapters, it felt like the book was being rushed into an ending.
And well I am a sucker for a good romantic end and it was kinda uncertain. I mean Amelia and Landon (the guy) had basically met once and
Celia McMahon
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a wild ride and I loved it. Though I picked up on the clues right away, it was still enjoyable to read.

The dialogue felt a bit stale at time, but nothing that prevented me from not finishing it. The characters were also something I feel like I've seen hundred times before. Still, nothing too serious there.

The ending seemed a little rushed and I hoped for something a bit better. It read very easily and I finished quite quickly since I couldn't really put it down. If you're looking
Alex
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book but I didn't love it. I found the first 100 pages or so a chore to get through actually, but sometime after that it got a lot better.

My biggest problem with this book is that I was completely unsurprised by everything that happened. I thought it was painfully obvious what was going on and who tried to kidnap Amelia, and I wasn't shocked at all by a single revelation. To me, that takes all the fun out of books like this if I'm not surprised by anything.

It's not a bad book, it'
cate
I really, really didn't enjoy this. Amelia was an awful narrator and I couldn't empathize with her and what she was going through because I simply didn't care. She felt super flat, like a cardboard character, and there wasn't enough dimension in her for me to think of her as a person. She was kind of there and spent literally the entire book describing Sophie's tiny body (seriously) and complaining about everything, because, since Sophie was pretty, it certainly had to mean her live was absolute ...more
Shaundel
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-mystery, 2019
Now You See Her...3.5/5
Amelia is an outsider, she’s moved around a ton in her life. Her saving grace is that she’s a great tennis player. That’s what helps her adapt to her locations. Then one night her car breaks down on the side of the road, someone tries to abduct her, and she is hit by another driver. She wakes up feeling like Amelia… But she’s in the body of her rival tennis player, Sophie. Thus begins her quest to get back to herself...and at the same time she learns that the lives of othe

• The Girl You Thought I Was
  • Like Never and Always
  • The Girl in the Picture
  • You Owe Me a Murder
  • And Then There Were Four
  • Shade Me (Nikki Kill, #1)
  • Last Girl Lied To
  • Every Moment After
  • This Lie Will Kill You
  • The Color of Lies
  • Break Us (Nikki Kill #3)
  • 21 Proms
  • The Window
  • They Did Bad Things
  • They All Fall Down
  • Dare You (Nikki Kill, #2)
  • Fragtime (Omnibus)