Start by marking “Truck, Truck, Goose! Board Book” as Want to Read:
Truck, Truck, Goose! Board Book

Truck, Truck, Goose! Board Book

Goose is all packed for a picnic. Now all he has to do is cross the little road in front of his cottage.

Trucktrucktruck... Will Goose ever get to have his picnic?

With bold and bright illustrations from Zoe Waring and familiar, sparse text from Tammi Sauer, Truck, Truck, Goose is perfect for fans of Duck & Goose!
Board Book, 40 pages
Published June 26th 2018 by HarperFestival (first published August 15th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Truck, Truck, Goose! Board Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truck, Truck, Goose! Board Book

Start your review of Truck, Truck, Goose! Board Book
Kelly
Well this book is just adorable. I feel like it even has 2 storylines. It has the one basic storyline of just Truck Truck Goose for littler kids, like toddlers, and then it has a plot about something that I think Goose did wrong that really requires more picture following for one-on-one reading or older kids. I love the feel of the illustrations, too.
Courtney
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: storytime
This can be a fun read aloud. Great for a surprise endings theme (my favorite), or trucks...
Janee Trasler
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silly Goose! All he wants is to get across the street to have his picnic. But no one will get where they're going at this rate!

Love this book and the absurdity of items Goose needs for his picnic.

Great book for story time. It also seems like a great book for the emergent readers out there.
Angela
Yes! Can't wait for storytime and laughing how this Goose gums up the truck brigade. Silly Goose!
Viviane Elbee
This book is good for young, very early readers since it mostly just says Truck, Truck, Goose. Most of the story takes place in the pictures. Silly and adorable illustrations. Kids enjoyed it. There are lots of different kinds of trucks, so if you have a young truck fan at your house, this one is a good choice.
Janey Merry
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: emergent readers
Recommended to Janey by: Tammi Sauer
"Truck, Truck, Goose" written by Tammi Sauer and illustrated by Zoe Waring is an adorable picture book suitable for emergent readers. I have had the privilege of meeting and getting to know the author personally at SCBWI meetings, so I learned a little more background behind the story directly from her.
She explained her desire to write a book in which even the earliest readers could read on their own. Simple text, sure. But I can just imagine his proud look as Luke finishes a whole book all by
Katie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I wanted to give this book a higher score because I really like the illustrations. However, the text doesn't explain the story, just lists what is the most obvious focal point of each page. I'm not sure younger readers will grasp what is really going on in each picture, they will just see a large variety of trucks moving around from one page to another, and a random goose. Older readers will be able to interpret the expressions on the character's faces and see how they all relate to each other ...more
Sarah Clark
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A goose goes on a picnic in the roundabout next to his house. He brings food and books and toys and...a piano. The piano falls and blocks the street. Goose is oblivious and the trucks pile up. No one can move the piano. Everyone is pissed at goose. So they make some phone calls and then...the tow truck comes!

This was one of those books that seemed dumb until I read it to children. Both my truck-loving 1.5-year-old and my 4-year-old found delight in the story, which is told almost entirely
Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai
Pictures are bright and cute. Concept is great. Fun story and would be amazing to share one on one with a child and encourage them to tell the story since it is nearly wordless.
I read it in a toddler storytime. I had the book and had the parents/children saying Truck or Goose. However I think the little story with the piano that fell off was harder to translate that way. And we rather just talked through the wordless pages together. It was a mostly successful thing, they loved saying TRUCK or
Molly Cluff (Library!)
I don't know if this would quite fit the bill for all my little patrons looking for truck books. The storyline was a bit confusing (I didn't realize the goose was hauling a piano in a wagon, so I didn't catch on that it was the goose's fault that traffic got held up. Why was he hauling a piano around town, anyway?). Some of the narrative leaps were a step too far for me. The illustrations were very colorful and kid-friendly.
Juliana Lee
Goose is going on a picnic, and he packs EVERYTHING including a piano! Along the way he notices all the different type of trucks driven by different animals. But as he's crossing the street he doesn't realize he's dropped his piano in the middle of the road. Now there's a traffic jam of trucks who cannot get by. Finally a tow truck arrives and helps everyone move the piano. To thank all the truck drivers, Goose buys everyone an ice cream from Moose.
Libby
Maybe I should try reading this book as if I was toddler...but as a grownup it was just super lame! I will say, the illustrations were bright and super fun for my two year old. As the parent reading it I just couldnt get over the constant truck, truck, truck! I dont know, am I being too judgmental for a childrens book? Probably so. ...more
MeganRuth - Alohamora Open a Book
Simple. Very few words, but it is all in how you read it and the inflections. For teachers, this would be a great book for conventions. For librarians, it could be a fun storytime read. It can connect to Background Knowledge and Concepts with Duck, Duck, Goose. However, you may have the play the game before hand.
Nicola
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A great play on 'Duck, Duck, Goose'. Miss 4 enjoyed 'reading' this herself!

Miss 4 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes. We try to get different ones out every week or so; it's fun for both of us to have the variety and to look at a mix of new & favourite authors.
Dave
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That goose is ONE selfish barnyard fowl! Causing a traffic jam like that, and then having his picnic! My boy Jack (3.5 now) might have been a little too old for this, as while the illustrations of the trucks are cute and varied, there's not much of a story (although this has one of the best twist endings since The Sixth Sense!)

7/10
L
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Great storytime book - youth can repeat truck with the reader until Goose! completes the phrase. The change in number of trucks each time will make a great prediction opportunity as pages are turned. ...more
Sandy Brehl
A charming and somewhat complex visual story relying on very few words. It calls to mind LOST.FOUND. in terms of the way in which each iteration of the word TRUCK allowed another scene and plot twist to play out. Many opportunities for kids to predict, notice details, and laugh out loud.
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Told entirely in the rhythm of a game of "duck duck goose," this book relies on images to show a goose accidentally cause a traffic jam while crossing the road for a picnic. The result is a funny read aloud that hits all its punchlines perfectly.
MaryLibrarianOH
A play on the game duck, duck, goose but with trucks. Sure to be appeal to kids who like transportation books. They'll want to look closing a the pictures and can chant along the simple text.
Nanci Booher
Easy text for kids to follow along with, great illustrations!
Edward Sullivan
Great fun for preschoolers.
Molly
A goose unwittingly causes a traffic jam on his way to having a picnic. It is a fun book and a good choice for truck lovers.
Steph
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So simple and adorable! The illustrations... too cute!
Brenda Maier
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another clever book from a modern master of the picture book form. Little ones will be able to 'read' the text easily, and the illustrations are bright and fun.
Kathryn
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple but so cute. Fun to look at the story unfold through the pictures. And the last page made me laugh with its cute twist.
Emily
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: storytime
fun and cute- picnic/ duck duck goose/ transportation story time book!
Tracie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A little goose packs for a picnic but has to cross a busy road filled with trucks.
Casandria
A goose's antics cause a traffic jam. I had to read this twice to understand what was going on.
Diane

• Who Wet My Pants?
  • After the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back up Again
  • A Birthday for Cow!
  • Wet
Tammi Sauer is the author of Cowboy Camp (Sterling, 2005), Chicken Dance (Sterling, 2009), Mostly Monsterly (Paula Wiseman/S&S, 2010), the forthcoming Princess-in-Training (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt), and something that's currently Top Secret.

Tammi and her family live in Oklahoma with one dog, two geckos, and a tank full of random fish.

News & Interviews