Start by marking “99 Lies (100 Hours #2)” as Want to Read:
99 Lies (100 Hours #2)

99 Lies

(100 Hours #2)

Getting kidnapped over spring break was definitely memorable. But now that the surviving hostages are home, they want life to feel normal again: high school, dating, million-dollar galas.

But there's no escaping the spotlight--or the truth about the ways they betrayed each other in the jungle. And this time, the real threat isn't kidnappers--it's what the "friends" might do
Published June 26th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about 99 Lies, please sign up.
TinaMarie No, you really need to have read the first book to understand what's happening.

Diana
Sep 13, 2018 added it
Between 2 and 3, honestly... more like 2'5. I feel bad giving it 2✩ but then kinda feel 3 are too much... so no ✩ given.
I feel the previous one was so much more gripping, while this one wasn't that great, not much happened and there were some things which made zero sense -possible spoilers ahead-: the kids escaping themselves when not even the army had found them; etc
Jazmen
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
99 lies pick up exactly where the last book left off, post-kidnapping—at least for most of them. Genesis and Holden are still stuck on the island and everyone that’s made it back on American soil are worrying about their health and safety.

In the most unusual way, they go about trying to save them, making sure the world does not forget they didn’t all make it back.

Genesis is starving, dirty and just all out sick of being stuck on the island with two crazy people, one being a relative. She has no
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
99 Lies wasn't quite as good as 100 Hours, because Genesis kind of deflated for a while. I loved the overall story, though, and how crafty these teenagers were when they faced danger. And I'm also wondering if there will be more in the series - there is definitely enough to tell in another book.
Full review to come.
Jackie
This second book totally takes over where first left off and even though the conflicts, drama and intensity focus is different they are still all there from beginning to end.

For Genesis, Holden, Indiana, Luke, Maddie and Penelope the nightmare should be over but seems like a new set of problems follow the teens home instead.

What does not kill you makes you stronger does apply to these young people but someone forgot to tell them that death is not always the worst that can happen to us anyway.

For
Lindsey
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This was an excellent ending to this duology. Not as amazing as the first because there was no more kidnapping, but I’m glad to know what happened to all my pals.
Andrea Heltsley
Great conclusion

I loved this duology, this book, and this author! I admire her for taking a very controversial topic and having the guts to write a story about it. She clearly didn’t pitch this book as propaganda and the story didn’t steer you to a specific opinion.
As for the characters, they were great. I loved Genesis and Maddie. There were a lot of real personalities that the Author depicted.
The characters, the topic, the plot, it all came together to lend a certain authenticity to the book
Darcy
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, e-book, ya, rw
I felt like for a lot of this one not much happened. Most of it was the kids reacting to what happened and them being jealous of each other. Maddie seemed to go through the worst as she found out some family secrets that rocked her world and had to deal with her mother who couldn't deal. Genesis seemed to be playing a game of chicken with everyone except Maddie and Indiana. I didn't care for her in the first book, but her actions in this one made me like her better. I really liked how when humil ...more
TinaMarie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Katie
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good continuation! I was sceptic about the first book needing a sequel but I am so glad there was one. The story continued with just as much intensity as the first book, even without the jungle. The characters were seen through a new eye being in there own world. Everything was brought together in a great way with an epic conclusion.
Tanya
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
99 Lies picks up exactly where 100 Hours ends and look, don't pick up 99 Lies if you haven't read 100 Hours.

Genesis and Holden are in the care of their kidnappers. Indiana is missing. Maddie, Luke and Penelope are back home trying to acclimate into their old lives.

It's fast paced, gripping, and a book you just do not want to put down.
Louisa
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book was so fantastic! Different from the first book, because the characters that we're rooting for have the truth, and are almost all back in Miami. Such a great book!
Christie
4.5 stars. Love it. Great sequel and conclusion. No lulls in the story, if that makes sense. Kept my attention and I didn’t want to put it down.
Emma
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
A good read.
Kayla
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't think this book was needed and it could have been one whole book but I still think a lot of people might enjoy this.
Jenn
Linette
Dec 13, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A Thousand Fires
  • Spartan Promise (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #2)
  • Conjure (Tethered, #2)
  • Shatter (Glitter, #2)
  • Cursing Fate (The Fated, #2)
  • Shatter the Suns (Last Star Burning, #2)
  • The War of the Givens (Silvers, #3)
  • Small Bones (Secrets)
  • Bitterroot: Part 3 (Bitterroot #3)
  • Transition (Chimera Hunters, #1)
  • Rumor Has It (Friendship, Texas #2)
  • Captured Sun (Highland Home #2)
  • As You Lay Sleeping
  • Seeds of Foreverland (Foreverland, #0.5)
  • The King's Questioner
  • Savage Bonds (The Raven Room, #2)
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • Future Lost (Future Shock, #3)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with

100 Hours (2 books)
  • 100 Hours (100 Hours, #1)