Start by marking “The Hidden Palace (The Golem and the Jinni, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Palace (The Golem and the Jinni, #2)

The Hidden Palace

(The Golem and the Jinni #2)

In this enthralling historical epic, set in New York City and the Middle East in the years leading to World War I— the long-awaited follow-up to the acclaimed New York Times bestseller The Golem and the Jinni—Helene Wecker revisits her beloved characters Chava and Ahmad as they confront unexpected new challenges in a rapidly changing human world.

Chava is a golem, a woman m
Expected publication: June 8th 2021 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Palace, please sign up.
Cari For books that are not out yet, unless you see that a reviewer specifically says they got an advanced copy to review (or ARC), assume that people's ad…moreFor books that are not out yet, unless you see that a reviewer specifically says they got an advanced copy to review (or ARC), assume that people's advance ratings have nothing to do with the actual book.

It is common in Goodreads that readers who love a series/author will give a future book "5 stars" as soon as it appears listed here, just as a show of support. Conversely if readers are unhappy about something related to a future book, they will give it "1 stars" even though the book doesn't exist yet.

In the case of this book, my guess is that the low ratings have to do with the fact that some readers were unhappy at the time to know they had to wait 2 years to read the sequel of "The Golem and the Jinni."

Personally, I love the first book and can't wait for this one!

(less)

Start your review of The Hidden Palace (The Golem and the Jinni, #2)
Jessica Rodrigues
Jan 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
Update: Expected in June 2021!

squee.

Why are so many people giving this book reviews, especially BAD reviews, when it hasn't even been written yet? Did the author not tweet you back? Did she cut you off on the highway during your morning commute? Were you just in a bad mood that day, and by golly, The Iron Season is in the line of fire?

Just stop.
Jenna
Jan 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-need
OMG. OMG. OMG. *hyperventilates*

Simona B
May 18, 2016 marked it as wishlist
I seriously hope the publication date won't be pushed back any more *aggressively crosses fingers* ...more
Lotte
Dec 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
2021. oof. this is becoming like a log haha.
—-

Guess it's 2019, then. ._.

-----
...2018?!!
Excuse me while I die
Ashley
Nov 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
There's going to be a *sequel*!?!? ...more
Yenny
Jan 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
OMG. NEED IT NOW. But take your time, Helene, so we may read another beautiful book by you. Did not know there's going to be a sequel~! I hope this is going to be great...because I love the way it ends on the first book; the not knowing what's really going to happen to them. ...more
gio
Omg this is finally gonna happen in 2021?? COVER???
Stephanie G. Lewis
Sep 03, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: next-in-a-series
I had vowed to only read series from dead authors. I hate to wait for the next book.
Walks Through Walls
Sep 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-out-yet
Expected publication pushed back to September 2019. Sadface. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super disgruntled to discover that the projected publication date is in 2018! Given that the first book was published in 2013, I started reading it with the anticipation that I'd surely be able to continue on to the sequel as soon as I finished it, but when I clicked through I found out it won't be out for some years, yet!

How heartbreaking. Though apparently it's a fairly recent announcement that there's a sequel at
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
May 17, 2016 marked it as to-read
OHHHH MY LORDDDD!!!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2018!!!!

Edit: 2018 has come and gone and now the date says 2020 *ugly cries*
LaRonda (Flying Paperbacks)
07/25-- *looks at the push back date*
*cries a million tears*
Phoebe Jeziel
someone tell me that my boi Ahmad is gonna finally get those cuffs off his wrists pls and thank u
Piper (An Ocean of Words)
Dec 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2018
Edit: I'll actually be a senior, but what's the use in wondering?

yes my prayers have been answered and even though I will be a junior in college when this comes out i will be ready
Siuan
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unreleased
Almost there...

-Waits patiently-
Anna Luce
Dec 04, 2020 marked it as wishlist

I am a wee bit disappointed by that cover which is very generic...
shelley
Dec 28, 2020 marked it as tbr-upcoming
OH IT HAS A COVER NOW??
Alexa
Oct 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
There is finally a release date
*screams*
Tomoe Hotaru
Sep 05, 2017 marked it as to-read
06 Sep. '17
I LOVED the first book so no doubt this'll be on top of my "To Read" pile once it's actually published. That said, how are there so many starred reviews out on goodreads? Is there an ARC available already?
Rachel
Feb 25, 2016 marked it as coming-sequels
Shelves: mighty-need
oh my god someone pinch me
Amy Lou
Jan 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
OMG yesssss! What took you so long?!?
Orlando Cook
May 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
ok people-- how does this book have such great reviews and it hasn't even published yet???? ...more
Adele
Apr 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
WHY on earth is this taking SO long T_____T
abigail
Dec 17, 2019 marked it as to-read-series
Um, I needed this when I needed Dr. Strange -- yesterday! I'm just crying because of that damn publication date though. 2018? Kill me now please. ...more
Shima
Aug 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
Is there hope for this book?
Because I feel like as long as there is, I can handle what life throws at me.
Kirsten
Sep 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
Hooray!!!!!!!!
Julie
Sep 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
The first book has been out, but this book is not published yet and if it is nowhere to be found
Mila
Dec 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-unreleased
Omg, it finally has a cover!! I'm seriously beyond excited about this book. ...more
Valeria Andrea
Dec 04, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-radar
This is coming June 8th, 2021!?!?!?!

I didn't think this would be here so soon.
I'm so excited!!!

2020, you little whiplash, these are excellent news.
ylva a.
Jan 03, 2021 marked it as to-read
Sophia’s getting a girlfriend I’m manifesting
Lynette Floyd
01/05/21: I have been waiting for this book for years and now it finally has not only a release date, but a cover! Now let's hope my expectations aren't too much. ...more

• Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • Opium and Absinthe
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Bloodsucking Fiends (A Love Story, #1)
  • The Kingdom
  • A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor (The Carls, #2)
  • A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
  • Anarchy and Old Dogs (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #4)
  • Welcome to the Occupied States of America
  • Race the Sands
  • Maelstrom
  • The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality
  • Taste of Wrath (Sin du Jour, #7)
  • A Queen in Hiding (The Nine Realms, #1)
  • Bite Me (A Love Story, #3)
  • Villa Incognito
Helene Wecker grew up in Libertyville, Illinois, a small town north of Chicago, and received her Bachelor's in English from Carleton College in Minnesota. After graduating, she worked a number of marketing and communications jobs in Minneapolis and Seattle before deciding she wanted to write something longer than a press release. Accordingly, she moved to New York to pursue a Master's in fiction w ...more

The Golem and the Jinni (2 books)
  • The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Get ready for some out-of-this-world reading and some insane near-realities with the science fiction and fantasy books that are catching the...