Start by marking “99 Percent Mine” as Want to Read:
99 Percent Mine

99 Percent Mine

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  32,762 ratings  ·  5,136 reviews
Crush: a strong and often short-lived infatuation, particularly for someone beyond your reach…

Darcy Barrett has undertaken a global survey of men. She’s travelled the world, and can categorically say that no one measures up to Tom Valeska, whose only flaw is that Darcy’s twin brother Jamie saw him first and claimed him forever as his best friend. Despite Darcy’s best effor
Published January 29th 2019 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about 99 Percent Mine, please sign up.
Sam! at the bookstore I believe Sally Thorne has said that unfortunatley "The Comfort Zone" has been put on hold for the time being, but there is always hope that the book …moreI believe Sally Thorne has said that unfortunatley "The Comfort Zone" has been put on hold for the time being, but there is always hope that the book could be brought back at some point! In the meantime, this one looks amazing :)(less)
Amelia M.A. I actually liked the Hating Game a bit more than this one. Still enjoyable, but not related at all.

·  32,762 ratings  ·  5,136 reviews

Start your review of 99 Percent Mine
Danielle
Sep 05, 2016 marked it as to-read

I don't even know what this is about, but after The Hating Game:

Inês
Aug 28, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-read-soon
I have the feeling that Sally will soon become one of those authors I won't even question. I'll just read whatever she writes.
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to William Morrow Paperbacks for the free review copy!

What..... in tarnation...... did I just read????????

Sally Thorne really, really flopped with this book. This book was so bad that I'm questioning if The Hating Game is even as good as I remember it. This book is a HOT mess and I don't know where to begin.

The main downfall of this book and the reason why I cannot give it more than one star is because the dialogue and writing of this book are downright incomprehensible. There are no tra
Melanie
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019, romance

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

“Maybe he’s 1 percent mine. That has to be enough.”

Sally Thorne’s long awaited and most anticipated sophomore release, 99 Percent Mine was truly a wild ride for me. I’ll be honest, it took me a while to warm up to this story and especially to this main character, but I ended up enjoying this one for the most part. But, sadly, it is no The Hating Game, or at least it wasn’t for me.

This story stars Darcy Barre
Wendy Darling
I AM READY FOR YOU, DARLING.
Bibi
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler Alert*

💥Poof💥.

There goes my 2019 reading resolution, which was:
only read what I'm genuinely interested in and no rating less than 3-stars.

But, fu fi fo fa, this. was. a. bust.

To say 99 Percent Mine was one of the most anticipated books for 2019 wouldn't be an exaggeration, which is perfectly understandable considering that Thorne's debut The Hating Game was such a hit. So, we hunkered down and marked off our calendars, with some of us wishing we could time-travel to the future.

Well
emma
Why must I suffer?

I know I complain a lot. I’m aware of it, and while I don’t think it’s a problem and, in fact, only adds to my charms, I’m sure that in times like these it reduces the estimated degree to which I am suffering.

But you guys. I am really, really suffering here.

The Hating Game is one of my most surprising beloved books ever. I like to read love stories (sue me!) but they rarely make me feel anything. I’ve read The Hating Game three times and been swept up in it every time.

Sorry I s
Warda
Read this twice in the same year and there’ll be many more rereads to come.
Perfect story! I can’t wait for more books by Sally Thorne.
Auto-buy author for sure.

——————————————————

WE GOT AN EPILOGUE FOR THE HATING GAME! I AM SO EMO! 😭😭

Thank god I enjoyed the shit out of this book. My goodness, my heart exploded a many a times!

Like everyone else, I was anticipating this book. I was borderline gagging for some more of Sally Thorne’s stories when I read The Hating Game for the first time.

So, natur
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
DNF @ pg. 50
I decided to read this one before The Hating Game so I could work up to the one with all the hype but yikes I hated this writing. I skimmed the rest of it to see if it got better but it just got weirder. I will still give The Hating Game a try but I’m definitely going in with low expectations.
Emma Giordano
Sep 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Update 12/21 - Dropping my rating to 1 star because I can't remember a single thing I genuinely liked about this book
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 1/8/19: So after taking some time away from this to give it a proper chance (my first read through was SO rushed and full of anxiety bc I was worried the entire time about how it would live up to the Hating Game), I finally feel like I can actually review it! Right off the bat I will say: I enjoyed this re-read FAR MORE than I enjoyed the first read through, but I'd be lying if I said this book was without it's faults. The world/relationship building... wasn't great, and honestly, the ma ...more
Penny Reid
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sally Thorne is a national treasure. . . and by national, I mean global. Man, I love her writing style, I love the unapologetic uniqueness of her voice, and I love how much she makes me feel.

Full review closer to release date. <3
Christy
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4.25 stars!!

photo IMG_2421_zpszmnjrkak.png

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne was one of my favorite reads last year. I've read it multiple times and love it more every time I read it. When I saw this author was releasing another book, I was ecstatic. Let me start this by saying, this book wasn't like THG. I appreciate that this was so different. Tom was freaking perfect (for real) and Darcy grew on me. She wasn't my favorite from the start, but I ended up loving her by the end! Sally Throne's writing is phenomenal and she i
 Teodora
Doctor: *taking my temperature* I am sorry Miss, there's no trace of sickness

Me: *confused* Are you sure, Doc? This is my second rom-com novel this week

3.45/5 ⭐

I actually enjoyed this, even though it didn't have the same spark other rom-coms had for me.
I really loved the fact that Tom was the good boy type with the heart of an animal because it gives him a nasty side and just spices up the story. Darcy is a bad chick that is too impulsive and wild for her own good, but I somehow like her. And h
Meredith
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads

I expected to love this, but sadly it was missing that special something.

Darcy Barrett has traveled the world since she was 18 years old. She never stays in one place too long and often supports herself as a bartender. She once had aspirations to be a photographer but pushed her career path aside after one bad experience. Running away is her coping mechanism.

When her beloved grandmother dies, she leaves Darcy, and her twin brother, Jamie, her cottage. Darcy and Jamie need to renov
jessica
oof. the sophomore slump struggle is real, you guys. and its such a shame that its happening to my girl sally thorne - the queen who gave life to my book husband, josh templeman. sigh.

as a self-proclaimed defender of romance, i believe every single person deserves love in their life. no exception. however, i have found there are characters where i am just completely baffled at how someone could love them. **cough darcy cough** i know thats harsh, but my goodness. shes crude, abrasive, beyond se
Navessa
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it

*harrumph*
Anne
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Um?

description

This was a really hard book for me to rate because I liked some parts of it and because I think Thorne is a truly talented writer. But in the end?
Ehhhhh. <--just not my cuppa
There are several reasons why it didn't gel for me.
MILD SPOILERS AHEAD!

description

First, there were just too many ideas/plots that seemed to be thrown in randomly and then forgotten.
Like the stuff about finding a tarot card in the wall, and then keeping an eye out for more. Except there weren't any more tarot cards. Just one tarot
Hamad
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-reads, e-books
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

“Friends and family are the only ones I have a chance of keeping forever. And that’s what I want. To keep you, forever.”

🌟 This book reminded me of why I stay away from romance books as much as possible. I am so picky when it comes to books I read in this genre but boy I was disappointed!

🌟 I have seen many disappointed reviews comparing this book to The Hating Game which is the author’s successful debut and I think it
✨ A ✨
Second Read October 2019

I have just come out of a reading slump and this re-read was exactly what i needed.

I adore Sally Thorne's writing style. It's fun and crazy and such a joy. I'm always laughing because her MC's have the wildest imaginations and they're different and refreshing.

Buddy read this one again with Warda, my fellow Sally Thorne enthusiast 🌻💄

First read January 2019

You know when you love a book so much that you're scared that the authors other works are going to be a dissapointmen
Berit☀️✨
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An edgy emotional exquisite romance! This book was 100% eXCEPTIONAL!

Sally Thorne is such a wonderful storyteller! She has woven together an emotional story guaranteed to tug at your heartstrings! I absolutely loved “The Hating Game,“ and when I picked this up I was expecting the same fun funny banter I got in that book.... I did get the same outstanding banter, however this book is a little darker, a little edgier, and a lot more angsty... this book definitely put my heart through the ringer! I
chan ☆
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
arc provided by publisher via edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

An interesting sophomore novel from one of the biggest and newest names in romance. Interesting being the operative word.

I didn't love this book nearly as much as I had anticipated. The premise was really promising and I liked the initial set up between the two main love interests.

However I found Darcy's personality to be wholly unlikable. It felt like Thorne was trying to make Darcy as dissimilar from Lucy in The Hating Gam
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was literally the perfect example for:
Right book, wrong time.

In my first read I gave this book 🌟🌟🌟
But now, rereading it, I can’t believe I didn’t give this book a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟.

Maybe he’s only 1 percent mine.
That has to be enough, I have to share.“

Story 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Darcy is a wild, fierce and freedom-loving girl who is in love with her twins best friend.
He’s her childhood best friend and also engaged to a wonderful woman.
Darcy is escaping her feelings by going on travels through different countrie
Larry H
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

There were moments while devouring Sally Thorne's newest book, 99 Percent Mine, where I would have been like Sheldon in the GIF above if only there were a paper bag handy.

OMG, did I love this book! It literally took every ounce of self-control I had (plus the recognition I had a few conference calls this morning) not to stay up late last night and finish the entire book in one sitting.

For as long as she can remember, life for Darcy Barrett has involved two people—her twin brother, Jamie, and th
Natasha Polis
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gosh darn it! Why didn't I read this slower! Sally Thorne wrote another unputtdownable romance. This is one is friends to lovers but with even more heat and hilarity than The Hating Game. Darcy and Tom are my new favorites and for those who always ask who I fancasted in these parts, here you go.

Tom: Henry Cavill or Jared Padalecki
Darcy: Margot Robbie or Scarlett Johanson
Jamie: Ryan Gosling (think Crazy Stupid Love)
peachygirl
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
Okay, I really hate doing this, but this book was such a disappointment. This is not what I expected from someone who wrote The Hating Game. Darcy and her insipid love interest had nothing on Lucy and Josh. I know it's unfair to compare such vastly different couples, but I just couldn't help it.

Darcy and Tom have been in love with each other since forever. This story is about how they get together in spite of a kabbab-mein-haddi twin brother who also happens to be the guy's best friend and the
Eden Church | The Required Reading List
I would read Sally Thorne's grocery list. She is THAT good.
Hollis
I honestly can't even imagine how Thorne worked up the courage to face a new project after the success of THE HATING GAME and the obsession that it inspired. But all I can do is say thank you, muse, for giving us more from this delightful new author.

I tried to go into 99 PERCENT MINE with low expectations, despite my rabid fangirl boner, because I didn't want to shoot myself or this separate, unrelated, work in the foot. But I'm pretty sure that failed and either way it was a pointless exercise
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“’Cause I swear, I need your hands more than I’ve ever needed anything.”

description

I just finished. I was looking past the acknowledgments for the section titled "What to Do With All of Your Feelings." I can’t find it.

And I know what everyone is thinking...

Will 99 Percent Mine live up to the hype and perfection that is The Hating Game?
Is the hero Tom anything like Joshua?
Is that same delicious combustible tension between the MCs present??

I am here to report: YES. YES IT DOES. IT SO DOES.

lucie
Jan 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am sad. I cannot believe that author who created someone as perfect as Joshua Templeman wrote this..
I felt nothing.
***
Buddy read with the one and only ♥♥

• Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Meet Cute
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • My Favorite Half-Night Stand
  • The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
  • The Friend Zone
  • Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Fight or Flight
Sally Thorne is the USA Today bestselling author of the office rom-com The Hating Game (2016). It is her debut novel that has sold in over twenty-five countries and is being made into a major motion picture, to be directed by Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion and The Simpsons Movie director David Mirkin. It was named in the top 20 romance novels of 2016 by the Washington Post and was a top t ...more

Articles featuring this book

Summer Reading is sponsored by Lifetime’s Book to Screen Movies. We're halfway through the year, so we wanted to see which 2019 new releas...
“That’s because pizza is a precious natural resource. It can heal tiredness, bad mood, falling morale, and a fading will to live. Pizza realigns the heart chakras.” 24 likes
“Everything. If you were mine, I’d do everything.” Our gold bubble locks shut, and a little universe fills it. The possibilities are infinite.
“I have a big imagination. Could you be more specific?” I put my hand on the side of his neck and stroke down to the hard bar of his collarbone. His skin is hot satin. His pulse nudges me.
Mine, mine, mine. One thousand percent mine until the end of time. He looks like he agrees.
“Everything you wanted or needed, I’d do it.” Amazing how he can keep it clean, but it feels so dirty. That’s the thing about good boys.
“I want and need a lot.”
A big white smile now. “No kidding. Well, I’m a hard worker.”
18 likes