Start by marking “Present History (Hands of Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Present History (Hands of Time, #1)

Present History

(Hands Of Time #1)

Ellie Daniels never saw it coming…
Her life was peaceful and fulfilling, working as a successful young author in New York City. While she creates paper people to release the grief of losing her mother so early and not having the support network of friends and family, her father spends his time serving with the NYPD. Ellie and Martin Daniels have each other. They’re survivin
Paperback, First Edition, 344 pages
Published October 25th 2017 by Ashley Nikole

To ask other readers questions about Present History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Present History

Lauricia Dawn
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah. This book. Where to start?!
I am completely enthralled.
This story is so rich. The atmosphere is captivating, the characters felt just like friends, and the unexpected happened OFTEN, which was absolutely delicious!
Too often I find that books take the same predictable turn, and not much disaster or surprise happens except when the last chapter approaches. Present History is not like that. There are no boring chapters, no moments you wish to skip past. The meaningful conversations didn't feel s
Barb Wall
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! It drew me in right from the first page which for me is no small task. It was impossible for me to forecast where the plot would take me and I was pleasantly surprised by each and every nuance. I loved the tension and depth between characters that somehow imprinted into my heart as rich and endearing souls. I am very glad to hear this is a series! I look forward to more from this author.
Gracie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book!!! The character development is amazing. The plot is deep and thought provoking. Overall the book is nothing short of spectacular!!!! This book is easily one of my all time favorites!!!
Hannah
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I used to be an avid reader but as I’ve grown up, it seems like more and more things have taken up my free time to the point where it’s difficult for me to become invested in a book/series. This book gripped me right from the beginning. Without giving away any spoilers, it’s an incredibly tense and emotional book, yet also totally enjoyable. Ashley knows exactly when to leave the readers wanting more - right when things seem perfect, trauma sweeps right back into their lives and messes everythin ...more
Rachel
A cunningly weaved plot, a stunning setting, lovable and unforgettable characters, and beautiful reminders and lessons, Present History is a timeless story which you will pick up again and again.

History is alive.
Who are those of the future to say the past is silent?
Let history speak for itself, and may those who have ears, listen.
For many hear, but few listen.
Fewer still are those who understand.
Howie Robertson

When I first read 'Present History' I was amazed by both the quality of the writing
Terri Bond
Apr 21, 2019
Ashley Nikole
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Olivia Wall
Nicola Schut
Brooke
Desiree Grubbs
  • Unlocking the Kingdom: The Battle for Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom
  • The Church Builder (The Church Builder Series #1)
  • Double Vision
  • Between Us Girls (Family of the Heart #1)
  • An Elegant Solution
  • House of Wolves (An August Adams Adventure, #2)
  • Dark Liaison (COIL, #1)
  • Rise and Shine
  • Hidden in Time (Livingstone Chronicles, #2)
  • Playing Saint
  • The Story People
  • The Invitation (The Mustard Seed #1)
  • The Black Madonna (Storm Syrrell #2)
  • Nadia (Heirs of Anton, #2)
  • The Secrets of Paper and Ink
  • The Aleppo Code  (The Jerusalem Prophecies, #3)
  • Operation Zulu Redemption: Overkill - The Beginning
  • Northpointe Chalet (Austen Series, #4)
Between playing Barbies for thousands of hours as a child, listening to radio drama’s, taking part in plays with her siblings or read aloud’s of the Chronicles of Narnia, storytelling has always been at the centre of Ashley’s world.
Eventually her own flavour of storytelling compelled her fingers to glue themselves to the keyboard, and over a decade later, Ashley made her literary debut with Prese

Hands Of Time (2 books)
  • Phantom's Daughter (Hands of Time #2)
“Your father's last words were touching."
Elie's breath hitched. "You're lying."
"Why would I do that?" He reached into his vest and withdrew a silver chain. Dropping the piece into Ellie's hand, she realized what is was- her mother's ring, on the chain her dad always wore around his neck.
"Hold your gusto, darlin'," he drawled, breath hot on her neck. "I didn't kill him."
Ellie shook her head, staring at the ring. "How dare you?" she whispered.
Jutting her chin out, Ellie grasped the front of Terrence's shirt. "So help me God, I'll-"
"Making threats are we, now?" His brows raised in mock fear. "You're not in a place to be doing that." Open handed, Terrence shoved straight finger's into Ellie's ribs, sending her to the ground.
Pain zig-zagged through her torso, nearly making her vomit.
Ellie glared up at North as she willed the air back into her lungs. "I will never stop fighting," she wheezed as the room drifted out of focus then back again.
Terrence crouched next to her. "Just remember lover-boy the next time you think about getting in my way.”
0 likes
“She tried lowering him slowly, but he ended up falling and taking her down with him. Ellie couldn't tell which of them groaned the loudest.
"Seriously! Could you eat a little less?" she groused, pushing back onto her haunches.
Ethan smirked and shook his head. Motioned to his well defined torso. "Muscle, not fat.”
0 likes