Start by marking “Missing From Me (Sixth Street Bands #3)” as Want to Read:
Missing From Me (Sixth Street Bands #3)

Missing From Me

(Sixth Street Bands #3)

One mistake. Four years of regret.  A second chance worth fighting for.

When I traded one dream for another, she was the price. My Anna. But I never forgot her. Never let go. And no amount of drumming could drown out my love for her. Her music is my head.

Still...Always...

And when I see her again, it's so clear. Anna is mine. She'll always be mine. I just have to convince

Published October 23rd 2017 by Sixth Street Press

To ask other readers questions about Missing From Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing From Me

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Well, well, well. I was pleasantly surprised by this book, to say the least. I knew that Jayne Frost could write from reading the previous installment in this series, but I didn't quite expect to get such depth to the story. This book is on the long side but I plowed through it and was left extremely satisfied. You know the feeling.

➦Let me start with the hero. A hot drummer for a very popular rock band. + that book cover... image in my head =

➦Now, after having mentioned how attractive
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Yeah so I have one thing to say before I go off and rant.....
This book is

I read books in a matter of a day, but rarely do I sit down and read a book from cover to cover. Yep today, I binged on Sean & Anna and holy shit did I love it!!! This book completely captured my attention from the start. Nothing tore my attention away.
Not

Not even a meal

Definitely not

Not even when my hubs offered me shopping.

This book is long, I won't lie, but even though it took 7 hours, it felt literally like tw
Christy
3.5 stars!

description

I listened to the audio book of Missing from Me, and first things first- the narration was fantastic. Jacob Morgan is one of my favorite narrators and he did a great job voicing Sean. This is my first Jayne Frost book and I enjoyed her writing. I struggled with how to rate this book, as there were things about it I did love, but my god this heroine. I consider myself a very ‘easy’ reader. I’m not super picky and I don’t have tons of things that bother me when I read. One of the very fe
Elizabeth
★3.5★
"You are missing from me."
description

Missing From Me is the third book in the Sixth Street Bands Series. This was my first read of the series and it can be read as a stand-alone. Sean and Anna were high school sweethearts. Sean is a rockstar and Anna is a student seeking a career in law. When Sean has the opportunity of a lifetime to tour the country and Anna isn't ready to give up school, the two are forced apart. Four years later, Anna and Sean are brought together again. With the passing of time,
Melanie
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
(And an extra thanks to Maria! ❤)

Missing From Me is a second chance romance, set in Texas, that centers around the drummer of an up and coming rock band. Even though this is the third book in a series, I was able to pick this up and understand everything going on, with very minimal spoilers. And I really enjoyed this one, and now want to devour the rest of the series!

Also, because I know most of you follow me for my fantasy reviews, I
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

NOTE: This coming year I have set a challenge for myself of reading one book a week that takes me out of my comfort zone. A book that may include one (or more) tropes (scenarios) that I usually avoid like the plague. Cheating. Older women/younger man. OW drama. Just to name a few. Nothing is off limits. I am taking a HUGE step out of the box I usually reside in and charting a course into the unknown (HaHa). My reviews for these books will be slightly different than my usual as I will focus a bi
Karla
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 stars!

“Missing from me” (book 3 in the sixth street band series) was an epic journey! I was pull in from the first page. Anna and Sean’s relationship felt so realistic they made so many mistakes, hurt each other. But when they were together they were so good, you felt their love and passion for each other nothing OTT or cheesy just so real and raw.

This book didn’t let go of me till I was done and I enjoyed every single moment, every emotion I went through. My stress was high my frustratio
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Stand-alone book 3
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
One mistake. Four years of regret. A second chance worth fighting for.
When I traded one dream for another, she was the price. My Anna. But I never forgot her. Never let go. And no amount of drumming could drown out my love for her. Her music is my head.
Still...Always...
And when I see her again, it's so clear. Anna is mine. She'll always be mine. I just have to convince her.
Missing From Me is an epic story about second chances, redemption,
Natalie The Biblioholic
This was the first time I’ve ever read/listened to a book and I’ll get into my evaluation of this experience in a bit. But first, let me tell you what I thought of the book. This story had my stomach tight with a bundle of nerves right to the end. I was anxious, frustrated, angry, amused, happy, and a whole whack of other emotions I won’t bore you with. If you’re looking for an easy romance, you won’t find that here. This was an authentic look into what it is to want to realize your dreams while ...more
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Music is the fuel that gets me through my life. I get up with it, I dream with it, I travel with it. I live music every single day so it's a given that Rock Star Romances are my kryptonite. It might be for that reason that I'm particularly hard on them when it comes to reviews.

I didn't know Jayne Frost until last winter, when my friend Maria asked me if I wanted to review her new release Lost for You. As always my schedule was tight so I had to decline. I did buy the bo
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

♫Listened to audio version♫

The Audio
I really liked the narrators for this story. I thought they portrayed the characters very well and I liked that they were able to change their tone to change the feel of the story. When the characters were sad or happy or excited, so were the narrator. I would definitely listen to other books from them.

The Story
This story is a little harder for me to review than the audio part. I have a lot of conflicting emotions about i
Book-Bosomed  blog
Oct 01, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
I’ve adored the two previous titles in this series. Sadly, this one was a letdown. While the other books ascended above and beyond the rock star romance sub-genre, offering original, engaging, heartfelt, but still sweet and sexy tales with swoonworthy heroes, this one really didn’t feel like it fit into the tone of the series. Right off the bat, it’s angsty, at places depressing, and utilizes rock star themes done so many times over, unromantic tropes, and double standards.

Specifically, I was re
Hanne
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Missing from Me is the third book in the Sixth Street Bands series and can be read as a standalone. I’ve only read the second book in that series, Fall with Me, and I liked that book. I had looked forward to reading more books in this series. I loved Missing from Me and I love the meaning of the title! It’s an amazing addition to the series and I can’t wait to read the next book.

Anna and Sean were a couple once. They were inseparable and had their future planned, until they fought sometimes and
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I received an audiobook in exchange for an honest review.

First, I would like to thank the lovely Maria (click her name to read her wonderful review!) for recommending this book to me. I'm excited to listen to this book because it's narrated by one of my favorite voice actors Jacob Morgan (Zachary Webber) and Elena Wolfe (Andy Arndt), whose narration I'm starting to love. I haven't read any book by Jayne Frost and the story was surprisingly good. I truly didn't expect it at all. Even it's the thi
Dali
Over time celebrities from the silver screen, small screen, sports and the music biz have produced romance rumors to feed the masses whether they were real or staged. It is only natural that they inspire and provide a backdrop for romance novels. In Missing from Me, one such story about forgiveness, redemption and epic love takes center stage.

Anna and Sean’s relationship began the moment he saw her when they were in high school. But not even their larger-than-life love could keep them together
Jemima
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

ARC

Sean had me the moment he said "I love you, Anna-baby". I mean *Sigh* *swoon*... come on! Plus it helped that He's a Hot Drummer! Yum!

I loved this book! I loved Anna! I loved her strength and loyalty. I loved Willow! I love the name Willow! And I know i'm rambling but I really want to go all 'fan-girl' on and on but at the same time I don't want to reveal anything.
Missing from me is beautiful and filled with heartache and Love.
Note:
1. I have the same thing Willow has so I understand the "strug
Jen
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
4 Stars

I listened to the audiobook and loved this book. It was told from dual POVs, but what I really loved was that there was a man and a woman for each part. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve listened to many audiobooks and had either a man or a woman reading both parts and do a great job. But having that clear distinction here, just made the whole thing better IMO.

This is the third book in Jayne Frost’s Sixth Street Band series, but it’s the first read for me in this series. I didn’t feel like I was
Tpagirl
Missing From Me was the third book in the Sixth Street Bands series by Jayne Frost. I received a free advance copy of this book with no obligation to post a review.

Sean was the playboy drummer for the band Caged. He was known for his bad boy reputation and being with a different girl every night. Anna was the one that got away. She left without looking back and we learned quickly that she married and had a child on the rebound. Neither forgot their first love but kept it buried deep. Missing Fro
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

"Tu me manques."

FINALLY! The author got it right this time. The story is much longer (405 pages) so there's that much needed depth. And we also get the much needed heroine's POV and epilogue!

This time its Sean's book, the drummer. I was really amazed at getting to know this character better...he definitely wasn't only the partier the prior books made him out to be.

And that reason is Anna. She's his first love, someone he was engaged to although at a fairly young age (17) but their
Pam Nelson
5 Missing from Me Stars

First let me start off by saying how much I loved the narration to this audiobook. I am a huge fan of both these narrator’s they brought these characters to life in my ear’s!
And let’s be honest, Jacob Morgan voice is … LUSH!

On to the author this was actually a first for me by this author and I really don’t think it will be the last. She has a way of keeping you engaged even when for me the drama was too much.

I am not a fan of no communication and I hate when character’s
AJ
Angsty and dramatic second-chance rockstar romance

This is the third book in the Sixth Street Bands series, but it can standalone. It’s the first book I’ve read, and I was easily sucked in to all of the drama and intensity.

Sean and Anna are soul mates. They met in high school and fell in mad love, but with Sean’s band, Caged, on the cusp of success and Anna about to start law school, it all fell apart in one devastating night, leaving them both shattered. Four years later and Sean has become the
S. B.
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished this book, and the first word that comes to mind to describe it is epic.
I truly enjoyed the first two books in this series, but they were like appetizers -really good appetizers. This was a full, five course dinner served at the big table with wine pairings.

While I know nothing about the lifestyle, challenges and pleasures of touring musicians and bands, it is evident that the author does, which makes for a credible and authentic setting. But the heart of the story is unive
Kristen
1.5 Stars

I couldn’t get past the heroine’s selfish behavior in keeping very important information from the hero. Add the pacing issues, the over-the-top drama, communication issues, numerous misunderstandings, and the sorry excuse for a hero..it’s safe to say this story didn’t work for me.
Dee Montoya
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, music, rockstar
3 Second Chance Stars***

Second chance, rockstar romance. This book is about a couple that met in high school. Their love was something beautiful and tender but when the hero, Sean, gets the offer of a lifetime he wants his Anna-baby to come with him to live his rockstar dream. Anna has dreams of her own, she wants to be a lawyer, and she’s asked Sean for some time before she can go with him.

Sean takes Anna’s request for time as a rejection and because of it, he goes and ruins everything they ha
Audrey R
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
WHAT A STORY!
I didn’t know what to think going into this book. I loved the other two in the series but I knew this would be different from the first chapter. This book…what can I say? It had it all. Raw emotions and well written characters. Sean was flawed, wonderful, impetuous, and so in love with his Anna. Sometimes peple are more than who they appear to be, and Sean was that. On the surface he was a typical manwhore rock star. But then the author takes us on his journey and when you understan
victoria
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin with this book? Let's start with WOW!!! This book has it all; angst, pain, happiness, LOVE, beauty. Sean's character certainly has his flaws but there is also something incredibly raw about his character that makes him so redeemable. His interactions with Willow made my heart melt.

This book is not a fluffy, upbeat love story, but that's part of its charm. Her descriptions of Austin and Lake Travis made me feel like I was there. I loved the depth of her characters and I was engros
Rose
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I’d give this a 2.5...

Something was definitely missing. It kept me reading thus 2.5 but I guess I wanted to feel more from Sean’s love...

It’s not safe (SPOILERS AHEAD)

I hated that he cheated when he was young (he breaks up with her then sleeps with a girl and next day regrets it but feels so shit so instead he becomes a manwhore

I guess I wanted more from the pain he went through. Even during times of separation during he book, he was sad but I wouldn’t even say devastated

Further... I don’t kn
Brandi
Sean. Oh, Sean.

My heart still hurts. I've waited a few days to write this review and it hasn't helped. I laughed, I cried, I loved.

Sean and Anna were high school sweethearts. They were each other's forever. They had plans and a life together and they were never going to be apart.

Until Sean gets his big break and he chooses fame and music over Anna.

Fast forward four years and be ready for the best, sweetest, saddest second chance romance you'll read. I hurt for Anna and Sean. Their road wasn'
Jayne Frost
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
** Audio Book Coming Soon** Sean and Anna have stayed in my head for years. They proved to me that life sometimes surprises you in the most delightful ways. And I'm very happy I've been able to tell their story. Look for the audio book available at Audible and iTunes.
Cheesecake
Holy angst fest batman!
Seemed like the author didn't want you to get too comfortable, cause she threw in just about anything she could to twist you up. But it didn't help the story...

I might read another, because it was kinda fun in a vaguely stressful and somewhat pointless way.

Sean walks away from Anna for a flimsy excuse of an argument and immediately hops in a floozy's bed... then almost immediately after that, into another and another and ... You get the picture.
So he burned that bridge wit
  • Tracing Holland (NSB, #2)
  • Sylvie + Shandor (Rocker Shenanigans Book 1)
  • Shattered Rhythm  (Meltdown #3)
  • Twilight's Encore (Wounded Hearts #3)
  • A Rocker and a Hard Place
  • Groupie (Groupie,  #1)
  • Start Over (Start Again #2)
  • The Millionaire and the Cowgirl (Fortune's Children #2)
  • Oceanside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #3)
  • Melting into You (Sweet Home Alabama, #3)
  • Vanished
  • One More Moment (Band on the Run, #3)
  • Abandon All Hope (Rocking Romance, #2)
  • The Loneliest Tour (Willow Son, #2; Brothers Of Rock, #17)
  • Hitman’s Secret Baby
  • More (All or Nothing, #2)
  • Dirty Game
  • Will of Fate (Dual Court Kiss, #1)
I write about the things that move me. Music and soulmates and bad boys with as much heart as attitude. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and a killer soundtrack.

My Rockstar Romance Series—Sixth Street Bands—centers around the Austin, Texas music scene. A place I will forever consider my home.

Join my reader group on Facebook for exclusive content, giveaways, and the latest Sixth Street Bands news :

Sixth Street Bands (5 books)
  • Gone for You (Sixth Street Bands, #1)
  • Fall with Me (Sixth Street Bands, #2)
  • Lost for You (Sixth Street Bands, #4)
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
“You said that you wanted to be the reason, and you are. You're the reason for everything. And if you ask me 'why' the answer will always be the same. Because I love you.” 2 likes