Start by marking “The Fourth Element Trilogy (The Fourth Element #1–3)” as Want to Read:
The Fourth Element Trilogy (The Fourth Element #1–3)

The Fourth Element Trilogy

(The Fourth Element #1–3)

Gladiator meets Romeo and Juliet in this "spellbinding fantasy" trilogy (Kirkus Reviews) set in ancient Persia!

They are the light against the darkness.
The steel against the necromancy of the Druj.
And they use demons to hunt demons….

Nazafareen lives for revenge. A girl of the isolated Four-Legs Clan, all she knows about the King's elite Water Dogs is that they leash wic
Published September 22nd 2017 by Acorn

Michelle
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**The Midnight Sea is the first in the young adult fantasy series, called The Fourth Element, by Kat Ross. The Midnight Sea is what I would describe as high fantasy, and I loved it. It kind of reminded me of the Storm Siren trilogy by Mary Weber. Kat Ross creates a rich fantasy world, full of new and scary creatures, lots of magical powers, and an intricately woven plot that is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat ...more
Sneha
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing writing style. Loving how the story has been woven together. Almost like a beautiful tapestry with every part different but still complementing each other. Like the questions one arises other answers and you can't help but turn the page for more.....

the characters are so beautifully written that it feels that the entire story is just flowing out in front of you. Beautiful execution of the story line, with palpable characters and the story just flowing into the books makes it for a page t
Peter Carlstrom
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Unfinished

The first book of the series was phenomenal only to fizzle out in the next 2 installments. The plot became blah, the kick butt heroine became a wimp, the guy became lukewarm and the entire trilogy just left a bad taste in my mouth. It is definitely not finished but the preview looks even worse then book 2 and 3. Disappointing.
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this trilogy over all.

The first book was great! I'm not a big fan of first person narration, but it was very well done in this case. The characters were wonderful, and there was a lot of action, excitement, and a few unexpected twists.

The second book didn't really hold up to the first. Some changes were made to narration, and they felt a bit jarring. I also found it a bit bothersome that the author went for historical our-world fantasy, adding real historical figures, when she
Deborah Taylor
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

A fascinating story line. The imagination behind the making of each character will blow your mind. The story line is complicated, but easy to follow. The characters themselves are ingenious. Some you fall in love with, other's you come to hate, and still there are some you just don't know what you feel. You definitely won't want to put this story down. An excellent read. Enjoy!
Pat Raab
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had previously read Book 1, but it made a huge difference to get the full picture. From being a fascinating story of mythical and supernatural beings, this turned into an epic tale of courage, adventure and sacrifice. Totally engrossing.
E.P.
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Fourth Element series is one of my favorite fantasy series I've discovered this year. This boxed set contains the first three books, which are a trilogy within the larger series. Since the story continues from one book to the next in the trilogy, and you're going to want to know how it ends, you might as well get the boxed set, especially if, like me, you have KU.

The Fourth Element series cleverly combines elements of history and mythology to craft a unique alternate history set in Persia du
Bookbear
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have a hard time finding good fantasy books dealing in magic. Often the magical system is either absurd or not really well explained or it's just not easy to accept. Besides that, certainly the question is, if the story is good.
After reading the first book of this trilogy, I was elated. The story was great, the writing good, the magical system made sense, was easy to accept as real, and the people in it were well developed.
Then came book two along, which was almost as good. So far, at least 4
Jennifer Holloway
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enticing and entrapped until the end

A writer of science fiction or fantasy must really have a talent for storytelling to grab you and keep you. Unlike other genres, so much needs to be explained so you are involved in their world in order to care about the characters.
Kat Moss is able to weave the story to gain your investment. The only problem is that it seems she gets lost in her own world and then remembers it has to end. This left a sudden and confusing ending in the 3rd book. The conflicts a
Jennifer Kellie
Genre: Epic fantasy

I absolutely loved every minute of this trilogy. The world was engrossing and the author doesn't beat the reader over the head with details, giving enough of a framework for the reader to fill in the gaps with their own imagination. The characters are likable and the relationships develop throughout the books. The trilogy reminded me of the Belgariad in that it was intense, but not overly dark.

The rules outlined regarding magic are consistent, which I appreciated. It bothers
Sharon Hughson
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read these stories individually and couldn't stop reading once I started.
The magic system is interesting and well-developed, rivaling those created by masters like Brandon Sanderson. The characters have clear motivations and enough foibles to draw you into their trials. You want them to succeed.
And not everything is simply good or evil. There are shades of gray in some of the characters you start out hating, and darker undertones to the characters you love and root for.
I dare you to start this
Tobyann Aparisi
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I won this book on Goodreads (Kindle version) for an honest review.
The first book in this box set is pretty good! The narrative is lively, fast-paced, smart and inventive. The next two books fall a bit short of the first book. The second book is lacking and a bit sluggish (for me). The third book was a bit better and ended in such a way that I feel there will be more to come. I cannot leave something unfinished, so if there is more to this story, I will read it to see how things turn out. Otherw
Neil
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, mythology
Something different

Having read some of the reviews for this trilogy it sounded as though it would be an interesting read.
This is in fact a bit of an understatement, the story grips you straight from the first line, then weaves its way along dragging you with it and never letting go.
The fact that the story is based in a real geographical location and time period, and has historical characters woven into it, makes for a very appealing premise.
The main characters are well written and grow continual
Stephanie Kirkland
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so gripping

I found the plot so gripping and twisting I found myself really captivated by the dynamic between the bonded pairs and as you learn more about them it only held me tighter. The bond between Darius and nazafareen is compelling and as it grows and the story progresses you really grow to love them. One continuity error that did wrk me was it started out as lions on the cuff and this later changed to griffins such a minor detail but it did throw me a bit the characters are well de
Peer Jones
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

I have no idea how much research went into books but I think late bronze early iron age 'Fertile Crescent setting is inspired. The characters are easy to get along with and various scenes unexpected. It would be very easy to write spoilers for first three books, but, I won't. There is so.!such detail I think they are worth re-reading in future plus following the characters, even the reformed 'baddie' who is likely to become very important. (Or at least should be?)
Margaret
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
The first book in The Fourth Element series, I really enjoyed reading and count not wait to see what the other two books had in store. The second book was okay. It had some moments that made it good, but I found myself not as excited for the last book in the series. The last book was an even bigger disappointment as I got halfway through and ended up not putting it away. It just did not hold my attention at all. I do not know if I will ever finish the third book, but I will at least try again at ...more
Heather Morrill
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
All in all good series

I had a really hard time getting in to this series and honestly almost stopped reading...i don't know why because I usually love this genre... but about the time i was 3/4 done with the first book I got hooked and couldn't stop reading so please if you start this series dont stop you will regret it. I really enjoyed the use of unfamiliar words because im geeky like that I love learning new things I like how the series was set in the old middle East(ish) area with all the de
Trish
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent fantasy trilogy

Unusually and interestingly set in Ancient Greek/Persian era with fantasy variation. Human hero’s and heroines, Necromancers, deavas and a host of underworld monsters. I quickly came to care very much what happened to the two main characters and the host of secondary characters in this sweeping and imaginative epic.
Iryna Paprotska
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Engaging

The series were quite engaging. It is a nice book to get lost in a new world and new creatures. The story is interesting and well written

I had a feeling after book 1 that the author had been influenced by something and that turned around the flow if the story

I did like the first book more that others, but at the same time, these characters now fall under my favs category:)
Brittany Harshell
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a mother of 2 and finding time for myself to sit down and read can be a task, with this trilogy I MADE time. The characters are captivating, the story is very well written, and the author's visual descriptions of the world's these characters enter make it easy to just escape. I am very excited to read the Fourth Element Series next I am hoping it is just as exciting as these were.
ANDREW & AKIKO BOLT
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

This book is fantastic. Ok it’s a fantasy novel so if you don’t like that genre you may need to look elsewhere. But if you like a bit of fighting, a bit of magic, an interesting take on forming alliances, then you’ll love it. The story is great and the writing excellent. Very easy to read.
Ian G Menelaus
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down!

A great series very original with diverse characters. Thoroughly enjoyable story telling can't wait to continue with the next instalment. One of the best authors in this genre! I would highly recommend you read this trilogy. Have just purchased the next instalment!
richard thrower
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magical times

Alexander this is a good mix of fantasy and mythology around a period of history before the greeks and Romans took over and rewrote the the world history to suite their version of the middle East and European history according to them . I look forward to reading your future books in the same vein bringing the series up our eras

Jean Holtof
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got thoroughly engrossed in this story with its many flavorsome characters. I loved the style of writing that made this such and easy read even among the complexities of settings. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys magical adventures. Thanks Kat Ross, I look forward to reading more of your writing.
Glenda
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I loved this trilogy! Get it quick!

This trilogy is full of fast action filled with love, romance, good vs evil, battles, magic and other things too good to mention! Kat Ross's writing style takes your mind right into the story and doesn't let go. She is my new favorite writer, I'm looking for more of her books right now. But this trilogy, you'll love it!
Helen Parkes
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Riverting

Excellent characters who develop and grow. The story lines twist along each characters journey. With awkward friendships developing into closest of confidants as the truth emerges of how the world has developed. The task of freeing the enslaved creates a focus along whith the need.for revenge building tension. This is a fast paced unfolding story.
FREDERICK M.
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entrancing, well written story!

This well written fantasy adventure weaves creation tales and evolutionary stories into a single blend of fantasy cultures & creatures that pull you into their lives.
Velia P. Robles
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book...

Greatly enjoyed this series. The writing style smoothly keeps the story going without unnecessary diversions. The characters are well defined and easy to understand and relate to.
Sara
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liked the trilogy a lot

I enjoyed the trilogy. It was a bit long winded at times, but the characters really took on a life of their own. I find myself hoping the author further expands the series.
Leslie Wiederspan
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, a well written series full of excitement, compassion, and twists and turns. I'm not thrilled that the series ended in so many unresolved issues, so I guess I will need to obtain the next series to see how that all works out.
  • The Box Under The Bed
  • Ezcape from Sobibor
  • Supernatural 6
  • Selections from Fragile Things, Volume One
  • The Awakening (Metal and Stone, #1)
  • Dark Ink Tattoo Book 1
  • Vampires: Boxed Set
  • Horror Stories (Scare Street Horror Short Stories Book 4)
  • Moira Ashe: Enemy Within
  • Courtlight Series Boxed Set (Courtlight, #4-6)
  • The Queen's Wing (The Queen's Wing, #1)
  • The Edge of Life
  • Ian's Realm Saga (Ian's Realm Saga, #1-3)
  • Gol (The Legends of Ansu, #1)
  • Ghost Stories
  • Wagering for Miss Blake
  • Frankenstein The Graphic Novel
  • Unpredictable Love (Shades of Love, TRUST Series #6)
I've always loved to read more than anything in the world, especially so-called genre stories—mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers, horror. I like books that take you by the hand and lead you out of the mundane. That ease back the curtain and show you the wondrous and dark and unexpected lurking just around the next corner. I worked in journalism for a long time before I returned to writing ficti ...more

The Fourth Element (3 books)
  • The Midnight Sea (The Fourth Element, #1)
  • Blood of the Prophet (The Fourth Element #2)
  • Queen of Chaos (The Fourth Element, #3)
“An old friend of mine used to say our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising again each time we do.” 1 likes
“secrets begin as pebbles and grow into boulders. Yet still we would rather carry them around than give them to another for safekeeping.” 0 likes