Start by marking “The Fourth Element Trilogy (The Fourth Element #1–3)” as Want to Read:
The Fourth Element Trilogy (The Fourth Element #1–3)

The Fourth Element Trilogy

(The Fourth Element #1-3)

Gladiator meets Romeo and Juliet in this "spellbinding fantasy" trilogy (Kirkus Reviews) set in ancient Persia!

They are the light against the darkness.
The steel against the necromancy of the Druj.
And they use demons to hunt demons….

Nazafareen lives for revenge. A girl of the isolated Four-Legs Clan, all she knows about the King's elite Water Dogs is that they leash w
Published September 22nd 2017 by Acorn

Start your review of The Fourth Element Trilogy (The Fourth Element #1–3)
Michelle
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**The Midnight Sea is the first in the young adult fantasy series, called The Fourth Element, by Kat Ross. The Midnight Sea is what I would describe as high fantasy, and I loved it. It kind of reminded me of the Storm Siren trilogy by Mary Weber. Kat Ross creates a rich fantasy world, full of new and scary creatures, lots of magical powers, and an intricately woven plot that is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat ...more
Peter Carlstrom
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Unfinished

The first book of the series was phenomenal only to fizzle out in the next 2 installments. The plot became blah, the kick butt heroine became a wimp, the guy became lukewarm and the entire trilogy just left a bad taste in my mouth. It is definitely not finished but the preview looks even worse then book 2 and 3. Disappointing.
The lady in Red
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing writing style. Loving how the story has been woven together. Almost like a beautiful tapestry with every part different but still complementing each other. Like the questions one arises other answers and you can't help but turn the page for more.....

the characters are so beautifully written that it feels that the entire story is just flowing out in front of you. Beautiful execution of the story line, with palpable characters and the story just flowing into the books makes it for a page t
Lori
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this. I’m a sucker for fantasy. Enjoyed all 3 books equally. Good character development, amazing world. Geared towards YA maybe? I’d give this a read if you appreciate fantasy.

Loving all the strong female characters and the people that love them!
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this trilogy over all.

The first book was great! I'm not a big fan of first person narration, but it was very well done in this case. The characters were wonderful, and there was a lot of action, excitement, and a few unexpected twists.

The second book didn't really hold up to the first. Some changes were made to narration, and they felt a bit jarring. I also found it a bit bothersome that the author went for historical our-world fantasy, adding real historical figures, when she
Autumn Keesling
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so blessed that I happened to stumble upon this series! It is everything I want from a fantasy series, pure perfection!!
Deborah Taylor
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

A fascinating story line. The imagination behind the making of each character will blow your mind. The story line is complicated, but easy to follow. The characters themselves are ingenious. Some you fall in love with, other's you come to hate, and still there are some you just don't know what you feel. You definitely won't want to put this story down. An excellent read. Enjoy!
Pat Raab
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had previously read Book 1, but it made a huge difference to get the full picture. From being a fascinating story of mythical and supernatural beings, this turned into an epic tale of courage, adventure and sacrifice. Totally engrossing.
Fiona Andrew
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Midnight Sea

What an amazing alternative world Ms Ross has developed for us readers to become immersed in. I was hooked from the beginning even if the visualisation was unnerving, I sympathised with Nazrafeen and understood where she was going. Her life with the Water Dogs was not an easy one and she believed everything she was told to be true. Her adventures with her fellow Water Dogs and their daeva are the backbone of the story. I for one cannot wait to read the next one. Grab yourself a c
E.P.
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Fourth Element series is one of my favorite fantasy series I've discovered this year. This boxed set contains the first three books, which are a trilogy within the larger series. Since the story continues from one book to the next in the trilogy, and you're going to want to know how it ends, you might as well get the boxed set, especially if, like me, you have KU.

The Fourth Element series cleverly combines elements of history and mythology to craft a unique alternate history set in Persia du
Musings of a Middle-aged Mum
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love reading, and consuming new (to me) books, and I'm glad to be back in the habit. I read quickly, and love it when I find a book that I cannot put down.

Four days ago I started reading The Fourth Element Trilogy by Kat Ross. I chose this book(s) because I am working through all the books I have on my Kindle, and am trying to read them before I buy more, as I'm a bit of an addict. Before my actual Kindle died (I now use Kindle app on my phone) I wrote on a sheet of paper (that ended up being
Bookbear
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have a hard time finding good fantasy books dealing in magic. Often the magical system is either absurd or not really well explained or it's just not easy to accept. Besides that, certainly the question is, if the story is good.
After reading the first book of this trilogy, I was elated. The story was great, the writing good, the magical system made sense, was easy to accept as real, and the people in it were well developed.
Then came book two along, which was almost as good. So far, at least 4
Jennifer Holloway
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enticing and entrapped until the end

A writer of science fiction or fantasy must really have a talent for storytelling to grab you and keep you. Unlike other genres, so much needs to be explained so you are involved in their world in order to care about the characters.
Kat Moss is able to weave the story to gain your investment. The only problem is that it seems she gets lost in her own world and then remembers it has to end. This left a sudden and confusing ending in the 3rd book. The conflicts a
Jennifer Kellie
Genre: Epic fantasy

I absolutely loved every minute of this trilogy. The world was engrossing and the author doesn't beat the reader over the head with details, giving enough of a framework for the reader to fill in the gaps with their own imagination. The characters are likable and the relationships develop throughout the books. The trilogy reminded me of the Belgariad in that it was intense, but not overly dark.

The rules outlined regarding magic are consistent, which I appreciated. It bothers
Sharon Hughson
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read these stories individually and couldn't stop reading once I started.
The magic system is interesting and well-developed, rivaling those created by masters like Brandon Sanderson. The characters have clear motivations and enough foibles to draw you into their trials. You want them to succeed.
And not everything is simply good or evil. There are shades of gray in some of the characters you start out hating, and darker undertones to the characters you love and root for.
I dare you to start this
Tobyann Aparisi
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I won this book on Goodreads (Kindle version) for an honest review.
The first book in this box set is pretty good! The narrative is lively, fast-paced, smart and inventive. The next two books fall a bit short of the first book. The second book is lacking and a bit sluggish (for me). The third book was a bit better and ended in such a way that I feel there will be more to come. I cannot leave something unfinished, so if there is more to this story, I will read it to see how things turn out. Otherw
Neil
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Something different

Having read some of the reviews for this trilogy it sounded as though it would be an interesting read.
This is in fact a bit of an understatement, the story grips you straight from the first line, then weaves its way along dragging you with it and never letting go.
The fact that the story is based in a real geographical location and time period, and has historical characters woven into it, makes for a very appealing premise.
The main characters are well written and grow continual
Abbey Harkrader
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fantasy fiction with a strong female

I really enjoyed this original fantasy. It is well written and edited with great world building and a very original story. The author does a great job weaving a bit of the real ancient world into a highly original fantasy realm full of magic, myth, and good versus evil. Character developement is well thought out with characters struggling to come to terms with themselves and the events they find themselves in. Characters show vulnerabilities, self doubt,
Peer Jones
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

I have no idea how much research went into books but I think late bronze early iron age 'Fertile Crescent setting is inspired. The characters are easy to get along with and various scenes unexpected. It would be very easy to write spoilers for first three books, but, I won't. There is so.!such detail I think they are worth re-reading in future plus following the characters, even the reformed 'baddie' who is likely to become very important. (Or at least should be?)
Heather Morrill
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
All in all good series

I had a really hard time getting in to this series and honestly almost stopped reading...i don't know why because I usually love this genre... but about the time i was 3/4 done with the first book I got hooked and couldn't stop reading so please if you start this series dont stop you will regret it. I really enjoyed the use of unfamiliar words because im geeky like that I love learning new things I like how the series was set in the old middle East(ish) area with all the de
Margaret Callahan
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
The first book in The Fourth Element series, I really enjoyed reading and count not wait to see what the other two books had in store. The second book was okay. It had some moments that made it good, but I found myself not as excited for the last book in the series. The last book was an even bigger disappointment as I got halfway through and ended up not putting it away. It just did not hold my attention at all. I do not know if I will ever finish the third book, but I will at least try again at ...more
Stephanie Kirkland
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so gripping

I found the plot so gripping and twisting I found myself really captivated by the dynamic between the bonded pairs and as you learn more about them it only held me tighter. The bond between Darius and nazafareen is compelling and as it grows and the story progresses you really grow to love them. One continuity error that did wrk me was it started out as lions on the cuff and this later changed to griffins such a minor detail but it did throw me a bit the characters are well de
Michael
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A few annoying habits

This was a good series. Rounded strong female characters without being cliche or childish for the most part. I appreciate she writes females, but as the series progresses she makes weird statements about ALL men. They literally add nothing to the story and seem to be a very weak attempt at female empowerment when there already are many strong female characters. The author also has the annoying habit of using phrases like "as if-" to explain she a character is seeing or doing
Julia Smith
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh! Oh! Oh! SO GOOD!

Oh lord, I am so tired! I have been reading and reading and reading because I CAN'T STOP READING THESE BOOKS! Phew. Finally I've finished these wonderful books, only to find---there's another one. And it's free! Of course I've downloaded it, but can't read any more tonight (or should I say morning) as my eyes won't focus. I've got to take a short nap so I can read more! I love Kat Ross and her books!
Ashley
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good read, although the narrative is a bit stingy on details - the reader is never given information or backstory until it is absolutely necessary. Despite that, the story flows well and the plot develops in a way that feels both intense and totally natural. I think the fact that the worldbuilding is based in real history also helps to keep the story grounded.

Finished Book 1 and putting the rest on hold for now, I may come back and finish the series in the future.
Helen Parkes
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Riverting

Excellent characters who develop and grow. The story lines twist along each characters journey. With awkward friendships developing into closest of confidants as the truth emerges of how the world has developed. The task of freeing the enslaved creates a focus along whith the need.for revenge building tension. This is a fast paced unfolding story.
ANDREW & AKIKO BOLT
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

This book is fantastic. Ok it’s a fantasy novel so if you don’t like that genre you may need to look elsewhere. But if you like a bit of fighting, a bit of magic, an interesting take on forming alliances, then you’ll love it. The story is great and the writing excellent. Very easy to read.
Trish
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent fantasy trilogy

Unusually and interestingly set in Ancient Greek/Persian era with fantasy variation. Human hero’s and heroines, Necromancers, deavas and a host of underworld monsters. I quickly came to care very much what happened to the two main characters and the host of secondary characters in this sweeping and imaginative epic.
Jean Holtof
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got thoroughly engrossed in this story with its many flavorsome characters. I loved the style of writing that made this such and easy read even among the complexities of settings. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys magical adventures. Thanks Kat Ross, I look forward to reading more of your writing.
richard thrower
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magical times

Alexander this is a good mix of fantasy and mythology around a period of history before the greeks and Romans took over and rewrote the the world history to suite their version of the middle East and European history according to them . I look forward to reading your future books in the same vein bringing the series up our eras

« previous 1 3 next »

• Mosaic Chronicles Books 1-4
  • The Dragon Blood Collection, Books 1-3
  • Catacombs (Academy of Ancients #1)
  • The Emperor's Edge Collection (The Emperor's Edge, #1-3)
  • Reign of Queens
  • Defiant Guardians (Heirs of Destiny, #0.4)
  • Blood and Sand Trilogy Box Set
  • Ashes of the Fall (The Remnants Trilogy #1)
  • Kilenya Chronicles Books 1-3
  • Agents of the Crown - The Complete Series #1-5
  • Emergence (Dark Tide #1)
  • Blackmark (The Kingsmen Chronicles #1)
  • Outlaw (Rebel Stars, #1)
  • Witch's Bell 1 (The Adventures of Ebony Bell, #1)
  • Seasons of the Moon Boxed Set (Seasons of the Moon, #1-4)
  • The Chronicles of Kerrigan Prequel: Books 1-3
  • Tales of the Feisty Druid Omnibus (Books 1-7): (The Arcadian Druid, The Undying Illusionist, The Frozen Wasteland, The Deceiver, The Lost, The Damned, Into The Maelstrom)
  • The Dragon Songs Saga: The Complete Quartet: Songs of Insurrection, Orchestra of Treacheries, Dances of Deception, and Symphony of Fates
I've always loved to read more than anything in the world, especially so-called genre stories—mysteries, fantasy, sci-fi, thrillers, horror. I like books that take you by the hand and lead you out of the mundane. That ease back the curtain and show you the wondrous and dark and unexpected lurking just around the next corner. I worked in journalism for a long time before I returned to writing ficti ...more

The Fourth Element (3 books)
  • The Midnight Sea (The Fourth Element, #1)
  • Blood of the Prophet (The Fourth Element #2)
  • Queen of Chaos (The Fourth Element, #3)