Start by marking “Scarlet Toys (Violent Circle #1)” as Want to Read:
Scarlet Toys (Violent Circle #1)

Scarlet Toys

(Violent Circle #1)

Living on Violet Circle, a place that’s less of a neighborhood and more of an insane asylum poured into the street, I thought I was prepared for anything. After you’ve seen a woman strip down at the laundry room to wash the clothes she’s wearing, then saunter across the street naked, you’ve seen it all, right?

How naïve I was.

After the factory closed, leaving me and a g
Published November 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Scarlet Toys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scarlet Toys

Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 28, 2017
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 4 stars

I love romantic comedies. They are my favorite genre and I am always eager to find new ones and new authors who write these books. After scouring the internet for laugh loud loud funny romances it was suggested to me to read this one (Scarlet Toys) by S.M. Shade. Was I disappointed? Not in the slightest. While I didn't find this one to be outrageously hilarious (those are my favorite kind) I really liked reading it.
Alex ♈
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it

My favorite in this series.
Some bizarre jokes, but overall hilarious, and likable characters.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
This is the kind of book that makes a person an instant fan of an author. It was full of so much humor and entertainment and just fun.

Both main characters drew me in from the very beginning. I loved the neighborhood Cassidy lived in with her quirky but supportive neighbors (most of them anyway). I loved Wyatt and his immediately relaxing, laid back, and accepting personality. From the very opening setup of this book I knew it would be something I would like and was not disappointed. As things p
LettyT
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love almost every book I read. I can read a book a day, sometimes more. After awhile, they can all start to blend together. This book did blend, blended right into my heart!

This is the first book in the Violent Circle series and WOW what a start! It's a comedy for sure but if I'm truthful I'll tell you I cried at one point. I felt so many emotions and I'm not even sure why because it's truly rom-com

It's funny how books can touch on emotions that are different for each of us but this book touch
Robyn
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: so-funny
4 Rub Club Stars

This book had some funny ass one liners. I enjoyed the storyline, as well. I’ll definitely be reading the next book in this series:)
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
I don't know if would put 'comedy' on the cover when it's actually not funny :/ at least not to me. Ok so the antics were supposed to be amusing, to the characters, but it wasn't witty.
One chapter more
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was funny, sexy and honest. I loved that the neighbourhood wasn't stripped from it's realities and that nothing was sunshines and rainbows. I would totally work in Scarlet Toys just for the 20% discount!

After the local factory is closed down Cassidy, alongside other 400 people, is forced to look for a new job. By chance she lands herself a position of a General Manager in a new open Adult Shop in town. Will she be able to resist the sexy owner that literally pulls rubber cocks out of his sl
Candyce Kirk
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fast and fun read. It was totally different than I expected, but in a very good way. This book starts out with Cassidy losing her job and looking for a new one. She lives in a poor part of town and has very interesting neighbors. She finds out about a new business opening up and goes to see about a job. There she meets Wyatt, who plans on opening an adult store. She is a little shocked to be selling sex toys, but she gets to be a manager and she takes the challenge. Her boss Wyat ...more
Jeannine
This one was highly recommend in a fb group. I love me a good rom-com but sadly this one didn’t do it for me. I didn’t find it really funny, more silly. I kept putting it down and I skimmed some parts.
Lindsay
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I randomly saw an ad or teaser for book 4 in this series (it's not out yet) and I was instantly in love with the blurb. I laughed and wanted it ASAP and looked it up on GR and found it was book 4 in a series! So I immediately started looking at the other books, reading the blurbs and checking them out on Amazon and guess what I found? ... Book 1 (aka this book) was free!!!!!! So of course, I bought it. And started it right away and it was awesome. Beyond awesome. I loved the characters. I loved ...more
Prosecco Princess
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
What can I say about this book that hasn’t already been said.
Firstly the characters in this story were on point. I don’t think I have laughed so hard at the antics of a bunch of fictional characters in a long time.

Cassidy has just lost her job. Not only that, but everyone else she had worked with is in the same boat. She does land an interview and falls a bit hard for the guy who’s interviewing her.

Wyatt is new in town and just wants to get his business up and running who hires Cassidy to man
BookSmacked
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet Toys is a sexy Rom Com that will make you laugh out loud and smile constantly until both your sides and your face hurt.

Shannon Shade's brand of comedy had me in hysterics. This cast of characters and the neighborhood they lived in was straight out of a comedy sitcom. A cross between Friends, Modern Family and maybe some SNL. I almost wonder how Shannon made it through even writing this book. I would legit have spit coffee and or food all over my computer. Let's hope she wasn't eating or
Stefanie
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
S.M Shade has done it again. 5 star read with lots of laugh out loud moments. Definitely a must read if you like a lighthearted Rom Com. I can't wait to see what other shinanagans the people of Violet Circle will get up to next.
1-Click this awesomeness now! You know you want to ;)
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet Toys (Violent Circle #1)

I received this book for an honest and unbiased review.

An absolutely wonderful sexy romantic comedy by S.M.Shade. One that you can’t help but love because of the eclectic mix of characters and the hilarious scenarios they find themselves in.

Cassidy West has just been let go from her job along with the rest of the employees. That’s going to make finding a job so much harder but when she hears about an opportunity, she attends an interview and can’t believe the go
Debbie Turk
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect Rom-Com!! Some true laugh out loud moments mixed in with the free flowing giggles, enough drama mixed throughout the story to keep you hooked in even more & then there's the beautiful romance that sparks between Wyatt, the 'new to town' business owner & Cass, the feisty new manager he employs who lives in Viole(n)t Circle.

The cast of characters that live in the circle are absolutely fantastic. They are so colourful, freaky, funny, loving, supportive & weird they
Pammy Shepherd
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Scarlet toys, fantastic read, full of so many laughs. There was hardly any lows in this story which I found really refreshing. I laughed out loud a lot. “Damn, I have been in here too long. My skin looks like your balls.” This was my favourite line in the book. It seriously made me have tears from laughing, my husband though I had lost it.

This is a feel good story, it gives you a sense of love and community as well as lots of laughs. I highly recommend scarlet toys. S.M Shade
Angela James
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg! I floved this book! So fun and lighthearted with lots of shenanigans and jokes that will keep you highly entertained and laughing your behind off. S. M. Shade has done it again and will always be an instant one-click author for me. Read this book, it's awesome....Scooby-Dooby-Do! lol #BookSmackedReviewer
Stace
2.5

It had some funny moments and dialogue, and I loved the idea of the neighborhood but I felt zero connection to either Wyatt or Cassidy and that never changed. It just went from insta-lust to insta-love and outside of sex and some witty comebacks I have no idea why the two of them were together.
Karen111
Jan 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book did nothing for me. Started off poor, and never picked up. What did me in was the h, Cass, getting laid off from her factory job, walking into an open interview for a new job, and getting offered the position of manager!!!
Kerry Fletcher
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 of a new series! If they all go on the same as this one it's gonna be a fun and fab series!

Cass lives in Violet Circle dubbed Violent Circle. Being one of the poorer areas everyone is in everyone's pocket. Cass loves it! Unfortunately she's made redundant and needs to find a job to pay her bills or she could lose her apartment. A new shop is about to open in town. No one knows what it is but Cass is desperate and doesn't care what it is. She goes in for an interview and finds the hottest
Rebecca Austin
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Cassidy West has just lost her job at the Crunchy Time Cookie Factory with about 400 other people so she knows she has to get a jump on finding a new job. One of her neighbors recommends her applying at a new store opening up, which ends up being Scarlet Toys - a store which sells sex toys!

As Cassidy drools over her new boss, Wyatt Lawson, she must also deal with all of the craziness that is happening in her neighborhood of Violet Circle which she likens to an "insane asylum poured out into the
Coco.V
Apr 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/28/2018)!💝

Blurb:

How naïve I was.

After the factory closed, leaving me and a good portion of the town unemployed, I took a job managing Scarlet Toys. I knew it wou
Stina Andersen
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet Toys is a sweet and laughing out loud story, by S.M.Shade. With over 100 face palms moment, you will definitely laugh and groan out loud!

"-Honey, if you’re getting slapped in the face with it, you ain’t using it right,” she says, placing our food on the table."

"Yeah, I’ll let him see Fappy the dino for himself. No way I’m trying to explain that."

The relationship between Cassidy West and Wyatt Lawson is easy and funny. They are a perfect match!
I love how developed all the characters are,
Julie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassidy and Wyatt are a great example of opposites attracting, and combusting. Cassie has little money and was just laid off from her job, Wyatt is rich and opening a new store in town, offers Cassie a job as manager, and the store just happens to be an adult store.

Cassie lives in a low income area nicknamed Violent Circle, and the things that go on there are amazing! I honestly wouldn’t mind living there myself!

There are protests against the store, and even a fire. The town even has a proposi
Heather Gilbert
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny!

Can a story about a sex shop and the people who run it be heartwarming? Why yes, yes it can. Hysterical and pun happy, this novel speeds through a romance that will leave you smiling. It’s slightly harlequin, with a far more adult feel - and much hotter when it needs to be.

Pros:
- Very, very funny.
- Heart warming
- Little cheesy, and I like my true romances a bit cheesy.
- Sweet
- Butt plugs... butt plugs everywhere. But they never get used. What’s with that? 😂🤷♀

Cons:
- Nothing really, it’s swe
Barbara
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG where do I start!. S.M. Shade has written a laugh out loud romantic storyline that you don’t want to miss out on. I laughed from the start to the end of this book. But Scarlet Toys is so much more than just a funny storyline. The characters are so much fun and likeable that you’ll be rooting for the people who live in Violent Circle. Yep these folks are their own brand of crazy, but in a good way and they will easily worm their way into your heart.

Needless to say, when Wyatt decided he wante
LaToya Toney
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read

I have had this book on my kindle for awhile now and with the release of the last book in the series I decided to dive in. I am so glad I did this was a great book. Awesome characters and a really good story. Wyatt and Cass are characters I will never forget. I can't wait to read the next one!
Arwinder
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny and light yet cool

I'm glad I gave this book a try. It was refreshing to read a story where the focus is not on the inner turmoils and thoughts of the characters, where laughter is always present and where romance and sex are not overplayed. Really, I just loved the 2 main characters and will love to read more about them in Jani and Noble's story!
Kitlina
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kindle
A very funny read. This made my day.
He made her talk to a toaster, priceless. The adult carnival. I laughed my ass off.
It also had a sweet romance without drama. Just some good time with a book. Nothing complicated.
Fiction  Conviction Book Blog
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just couldn't get enough of Viole(n)t Circle, and the zany, quirky, lovable characters who live there! There are so many laugh out loud scenes, lots of fun and chuckles throughout, plus all the heat you'd expect from SM Shade, and complete with the feels and tender moments that make this a book you'll want to read more than once. Can't wait for the next book in this series!

• Going Wild (The Wild Ones, #2)
  • My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life, #1)
  • Marriage by Design
  • Благословени (Проклятието на Воронина, #3)
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)
  • Cole
  • Home Run King
  • Unraveled (Holding On, #3)
  • Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes, #2)
  • Stakeout (Stalker #1)
  • Becoming Countess Dumont (Becoming Her #2)
  • Desire's Prize
  • Alpha Contender Boxed Set
  • Fractured Crystal: Sapphires and Submission (The Crystal Fragments Trilogy, #1)
  • The Sentinel (The Sentinel #1)
  • The Bride of Willow Creek
  • Because of Logan (Riggins U, #1)
  • The Morbid and Sultry Tales of Genevieve Clare
I'm a full time author who is hopelessly addicted to iced coffee, love stories, sunshine, and men with full sexy lips, though not necessarily in that order. A voracious reader since I sounded out my first word, I started writing as a teenager and rediscovered my love of writing as an adult. Originally from Indianapolis, I now live in a small Kentucky town with my college age son.

Violent Circle (5 books)
  • Frat Hell (Violent Circle #2)
  • Clean Start (Violent Circle #3)
  • Zero F*cks (Violent Circle #4)
  • Level Up (Violent Circle, #5)
“She has a very popular vagina. Seriously, if penises had wings, her crotch would be an airport.” 2 likes
“Seriously, she asked me what the name of the ship was in the Titanic movie.” 1 likes