Start by marking “The Petticoat Letters (Rebels of the Revolution, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Petticoat Letters (Rebels of the Revolution, #1)

The Petticoat Letters

(Rebels of the Revolution #1)

At the outbreak of the Revolutionary war, Nora Bishop’s home is burned to the ground—along with her dreams, plans and all her family members except one. At 20-years-old and still unmarried, she moves to Manhattan to live with her Loyalist uncle, hoping to find her brother who has joined the Patriot cause against her late family’s wishes. But, battle breaks out and she ...more
Published November 6th 2017 by Blue Tulip Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Petticoat Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Petticoat Letters

Start your review of The Petticoat Letters (Rebels of the Revolution, #1)
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
I'm a big fan of historical romances, but to be honest I tend to read the ones that take place Europe. When the author reached out to me and I found out her book would take place during the revolutionary way i became intrigued. All I can say is that this book exceeding all of my expectations.

This book was a nonstop thrill ride from beginning to end. I was constantly on the edge of my seat from chapter to chapter not knowing where the danger would come from or who would be safe. Kelly did a a
Emmy
Apr 16, 2018 marked it as abandoned
So my expectations were super high for this because the synopsis sounded right up my alley and I can never find books set during this time period that sound good to me. But there was little to no scene setting, the villain was a caricature he was so evil, and there were so many unlikely situations and circumstances.
Chronicles of a Bookish Mom
From the very beginning I was pulled into this book never knowing what would happen next. When most of Nora Bishops family dies in a house fire she finds herself living with her Uncles family in Manhattan. Nora isn't the typical 1776 young lady with her outrageously inappropriate language and her head strong inability to stay put in dangerous situations she only makes the reader love her more.

Filled with drama, danger and treason this isn't your typical historical romance. If your looking for
Tiana
Oct 02, 2017 added it
If you love historical romance, you need this on your shelf. This is the perfect blend of history, action, swoons, and gorgeous writing.

Edited to add: There is sex in this book. I don’t normally review books at this heat level but am making an exception here.
Romancebooksandmore
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Petticoat Letters
3. 5stars
I was sent an kindle arc of this book for an honest review.
Nora Bishop loses most of her family in a house fire, and is forced to move in with her Tori Uncle. Her brother is off fighting with Washington and everything goes down hill for Nora almost from the second she moves in with her uncle.
She meets the evil Captain Roth. She tries desperately to find her brother, she ends up causing other’s to be in bad situations that could have been avoided if she had just
Cassia Tora
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really don't know what to say. No amount of praise is sufficient to describe this masterpiece. I'm simply awestruck! I've always been a fan of historical romance, and this book became my instant favourite. The cover and the title literally lured me to delve into the depths of the story and I simply couldn't turn down it's appeal.

This story is a perfect blend of adventure, mystery, suspense, excitement, betrayal and of course romance. So many flavours packed into a single story! I actually
Alyssa
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed The Petticoat Letters. I absolutely adored the hero. He was sweet and funny and almost beta, but not quite. My very favorite kind of hero! The heroine was strong and smart, and I thought the author did a good job of walking the line between making her brave but not beyond what would be realistic.

Definitely hoping to see more of these characters in the future, so I'm hoping there's another book that follows!
Deidre Butkus
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this book in a little more than three hours. Such a great book. Nora’s a little spitfire and feisty - she made me laugh a lot in this book. I had a knot in my throat the entire time I was reading this. Highly recommend!!!
C.D. Gerard
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting journey to 1776!

Filled with real characters from the period, The Petticoat Letters transforms you back to a place and time in history with excitement and passion! Loved it!!!
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres. Historical romance is one of my favorite sub-genres of romance. This is an awesome book that will take you to a different time and a different place! It's fantastic!
Jody
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author.

Story was good and kept moving forward at a nice pace. Likable characters with an evil villain that I suspect will reappear in the future. Looking forward to reading more.
LD
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the very first chapter I was pulled in to the story by Nora Bishop and her somewhat unique situation. I say somewhat unique because an unmarried woman suddenly finding herself bereft of immediate family and under the protection of some other branch on the family tree is not in and of itself a unique situation in historical times, especially not during one of war. There are a million ways Lyman could have developed the storyline from this particular starting point, the one she chose - ...more
Bethany
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put it down and read it in two days! So many plot twists that kept me guessing!! I loved the characters, especially the heroine Nora. The story was a fantastic glimpse into the Revolutionary War and I felt completely immersed in that world. Definitely would recommend!
Abbey
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this! The characters were well developed and the storyline followed that of the revolution. Well written, and we'll researched.
Denyse Cox
Lou LaJeunesse
Jan 15, 2020
Fiona
Sep 20, 2018
Goodreads Reviewe...: Reviews needed for Historical Romance 3 16 Jan 18, 2018 06:31AM

• The Witches of Pitfeldry (The Northminster Mysteries 8)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Emmett Till's Secret Witness: FBI Confidential Source Speaks
  • Un-Making a Murderer: The Framing of Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey
  • No Perfect Secret (Almost Perfect, #2)
  • Too Clever by Half (Harrow's Finest Five, #0.5)
  • The Seduction of Lord Stone (Dashing Widows, #1)
  • Lord Blackwood's Valentine Ball: An Authentic Regency Romance
  • The Whip
  • The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience
  • The Eccentric's Tale: Harriet (A Jacobite Chronicles Story)
  • Severed Knot
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • A Crown For Christmas
  • Haunted Summer
  • Be Still the Water
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Queen of the Assassins (An Academy of Assassins Novel Book 4)

Rebels of the Revolution (2 books)
  • The Turncoat Letters (Rebels of the Revolution, #2)