Start by marking “The Other Couple” as Want to Read:
The Other Couple

The Other Couple

'I am sleep deprived having stayed awake desperate to find out what happened!'

'Gripping, electrifying, heartbreaking' - Erin Kelly, author of HE SAID / SHE SAID, on TATTLETALE

The new psychological thriller from Sarah J Naughton, for fans of Clare Mackintosh's LET ME LIE, Cara Hunter's CLOSE TO HOME and Lara Marshall's FRIEND REQUEST

*************

'Intelligent. Gripping.

Published March 22nd 2018 by Trapeze

To ask other readers questions about The Other Couple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Couple

Berit☀️✨
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Addicting! Complex! Atmospheric!

How well do you know the person you just vowed to spend the rest of your life with? That is the question that Asha is asking herself when she wakes up in the hospital with no memory of what has happened and no sign of her new husband Ollie... this was an addictive fast-paced psychological thriller that I could not put down! Asha is a tremendously likable and sympathetic character and I found myself needing to know what in the world was going on!

Asha and Ollie are
Paromjit
This is a complex atmospheric and dark psychological thriller about a couple that exposes just how little may be known about the person you marry. Asha and Ollie are from different spectrums of the social strata. Asha cannot believe she has snagged such a good looking and wealthy man in Ollie, despite all the disapproval emanating from his family. Having faced difficulties, she is on 3 week honeymoon at a luxury resort in what can only be described as paradise. However, something is wrong, Ollie ...more
Amanda
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Having read Sarah J Naughton”s other novel Tattletale, I was overjoyed to receive a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a review.

Asha wakes up in a hospital in Thailand with little recollection of how she got there. She has some memories of her wedding to Ollie.

Asha and Ollie from completely different social backgrounds had their fairytale wedding and were on their Thai paradise honeymoon, but all’s not well in paradise. Ollie seems to want to spend most of his time away from Asha,
Liz Barnsley
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having been a huge fan of “TattleTale” I was looking forward to more from Sarah Naughton and I wasn’t disappointed. The Other Couple was a gorgeously twisted psychological thriller, with a mostly warm, idyllic setting which was lovely considering our British weather right now – unfortunately paradise isn’t quite as wonderful as main protagonist Asha hoped when she embarked on the honeymoon of her dreams with the man of her dreams…

I love the way this author writes such great character drama – wea
Mandy White
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
This was good..really enjoyed this book, and a great narrator on Audible.com
Eva
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Asha wakes up in a hospital in Vietnam with no recollection of how she got there or what happened. Something is obviously very wrong. Where’s her husband? What happened that caused their honeymoon to derail so dramatically?

To find out, the author takes us on a trip from London to Vietnam, from Asha’s wedding day to her honeymoon and to having to deal with the aftermath. Asha needs to dig deep to find out the truth in a world she’s never quite belonged. A world of the rich and privileged, a world
The Book Review Café
Review to follow
Kim Ebner
This is one of those stories that I just couldn't get in to properly. It had all the makings of a great read - a romantic wedding, a honeymoon-gone-wrong in Vietnam, memory loss, trauma, murder - but yet I just never really bonded with this story.

It would seem to me that I'm just having "one of those years", being a year in which a lot of books that I'm reading are good, without being great. Yes, I've read a few absolute pearls this year so far, but I've also read a lot of average reads, and so
Claire
What an opening! Very atmospheric and poetic. Chilling! This totally grabbed my attention and made me want to find out more!
I loved jumping between the Before and After of whatever happens. Asha is giving nothing away in the After….she can’t remember a thing! Then as the story unfolds, partial memories start to return but will the key one of the attack ever appear?!
There’s a subtle undertone from before the Vietnam trip that throws in an element of doubt to the tale. As the past unfolds, seeds o
Lavender
18 months ago I read "Tattletale" and liked it very much. That's why I was so happy when I saw that there was a new book from Sarah J. Naughton.

Again, we are spoiled as a reader with a complex story. The author writes very fluently and adds many details to her story. Some of the characters remain a bit superficial. I did not warm to Asha either. She is a very strong character and very lifelike with all her faults. I was only slightly disturbed by her paranoia and her constant thinking about sex.
Norrie
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally published on Reading Under the Blankie

Combining foggy memories, alternating timelines between the now and the before and something sinister lurking around the edge of remembering, Sarah J. Naughton weaves a dark mystery that might give you second thoughts about your upcoming summer holiday.

Oh, you guys! This was one of those books… I knew pretty much from the first page that I’m in for something something good. I’m usually pretty chill when I’m reading, but I found mys
Joanne Robertson
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I picked up The Other Couple and was concerned that it was going to be very similar to another book I have read recently which also featured a honeymoon in a luxury resort. But Sarah J Naughton has really created a unique honeymoon experience for her characters and I have to say that, although I did like her last psychological thriller for adults, this new book really did hit all the buttons for me. I LOVED IT!!

I found myself getting totally invested in the thre
Leonie Byrne
Thank you to Netgalley, Sarah J Naughton & Orion publishing for my arc of The Other Couple.

Publication Date: 22nd March 2018

I really enjoyed Tattletale which I read last year so I was keen to read The Other Couple and excited to see if it had the same twisty, trippy, gripping style as Tattletale. I'm pleased to say it did! I was engrossed in this book immediately and it only took me a couple of hours to read it cover to cover.

Asha has the perfect life, she's off on her honeymoon with her
Gill Brown
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book, keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Kristin's Novel Cafe
My Review: 4/5

While honeymooning in Vietnam, Ollie is killed. Asha wakes up in a hospital, not able to remember anything about the accident. Was is an accident? Did someone murder him? Asha is determined to find out.

The book started out slow for me. As we are being introduced to various other vacationers at the resort, I felt the the descriptions blended together almost in a confusing way. At first it was a little difficult for me to decipher who everyone was. The story was told in present and p
Joodith
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Asha, the girl from the wrong side of the tracks marries rich, privileged, brash Ollie. Obvioulsy Ollie's family loook down their snooty noses at Asha, as not only is not wealty, she is also of Asian origin. So they've had a lavish wedding and are now on the tropical island of Con Son, once a penal colony, in Vietnam, where Ollie seems to spend more time swimming and drinking than in the arms of the delectable Asha. She's a tad frustrated to say the least.

Some time later Asha wakes up in a hospi
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
This book had me hooked and intrigued just from reading the prologue. What a way to grip the reader in from the first two pages, not many books can do that for me. Lets just say that I started this book in the morning and by 9pm it was finished! My life revolved around this book that day.

The perfect couple? The perfect honeymoon? Think again… It’s not as simple as that! Who can you truelly trust? The five star beach resort sounds devine… But it wasn’t for Asha and Ollie.

I really felt sorry for A
Beth
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alpha17, aty18
3 1/2 stars ~ plot was very good and kept this reader guessing but I didn’t really like the writing style. The narrative uses first person in the current day scenes and third person for scenes at the wedding and honeymoon.
Kirsty
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked most about this book, was that it was an easy read 'chick lit' in parts, but a hard hitting crime story in others. A perfect mixture for a woman who loves detective dramas!

There were lots of twists and turns that I didn't expect along with others that I did. Love, fraud, murder, mysteries. Overall a great read!
David Crespin
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great whodunnit that has the reader guessing at every turn. Great characterisation but I feel the author could have been more indulgent in her depiction of Vietnam and the Vietnamese. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an ok book.

I struggled to really envelop myself in to the story and I am not sure why. The story is interesting and the characters did not annoy me. But I just could not fully get into it
Janine
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this was quite a good read, I found it a bit disappointing that there was not much written about Vietnam, the setting for the story.
Alison
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this read. I'd half worked out the plot twist at the end but there was still a surprise there too.
Jacob Collins
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic psychological thriller that is highly engaging. I enjoyed Sarah Naughton’s previous novel, Tattletale, but in my opinion, I think her second is even better. It is easily a one-sitting read, and the characters and the plot will keep you gripped right the way through. I loved it.

When we first meet Sarah’s main character, Asha, she is waking up in hospital in Vietnam, unaware of what has happened to her or how she ended up there. I love a novel told across dual time lines, and t
Gemma
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-publisher
The Other Couple was a real pleasant surprise of a read. Quite early on when reading I thought I knew exactly which path this was going to go down but, I couldn’t of been more wrong…

Asha and Ollie Graveney are on their 3 week honeymoon in a lavish, Vietnamese resort. Where Asha has had to work incredibly hard over the years to get to where she is as a journalist, Ollie on the other hand has lived a life of luxury coming from the rich and privileged. But despite this and Ollie’s parents disapprov
Nicola Smith
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Sarah J Naughton's previous book, Tattletale, but The Other Couple.......wow! This book is amazing. With this one, Naughton has, in my opinion, cemented her place in the psychological thriller hall of fame.

Asha is a Londoner who grew up without any particular privileges and had to work hard to get where she is. She works as a journalist and her work brings her into contact with Ollie Graveney, the man she will marry. He's very upper crust, very rich and completely different to Asha but t
Anne
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah J Naughton draws her readers in with an intriguing and tension filled prologue, and then leaves them dangling as she moves on the the main story. I do love a prologue and this one was particularly well done, creating a sense of unease and anticipation that continues throughout the novel.

The reader meets Asha as she lays in a hospital bed in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. It's clear that something dreadful has happened, but what?

We are then taken back a couple of weeks as Asha and her new husba
Janice
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Cancel whatever you’ve got planned. Switch off your phone. Make sure the takeout menu’s are in easy reach!! Once you start this one, you’re not going to do anything else until you’ve read it right to the very last page!!

Asha wakes up in hospital with no recollection of how she got there. She remembers marrying Ollie, the man of her dreams, and she knows they were supposed to be going on an idyllic honeymoon, but can’t even remember if they ever reached their destination.

The plot unfolds by
Bex B
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly readable! I was concerned as I picked this book up in a bargain book shop (cheap!) but the cover and title grabbed me. After a quick check on here (3.9* being a decent offering in my experience) I grabbed a copy for my mum as well. I think I need to wait on her to finish before I can chat about it with her, but for now a review is good enough!

This was a fab book flitting between three points of time from the same character, Asha - starting off in a hospital bed (but where am I?), then a
Misfits farm
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asha is on her honeymoon on a luxurious island with her husband Ollie. Ollie has been surrounded by luxury all of his life whereas Asha has had to claw her way up. One day she wakes up to find herself in strange surroundings and is struggling to put the pieces together. She remembers the wedding but not much else. What on earth has happened to her and where is Olie? The story alternates between the wedding, the honeymoon and Asha in the hospital. One of those tales you dive into and don’t want t ...more
  • Dead Light
  • Mortal Ambitions
  • Beautiful Liars
  • The Babylonian Codex (Jax Alexander Mystery #3)
  • Spyder Web (Nolan Kilkenny Thriller #1)
  • Kill Switch (Angel of Darkness, #1)
  • Good Samaritans
  • The Blackest Crimson (Shades of Death #0.5)
  • Dante's Numbers (Nic Costa, #7)
  • My Little Eye (Starke & Bell, #1)
  • Far Bright Star
  • Dead Before Dying (Shadow Valley Manor #1)
  • The Infinite
  • Widow's Might (Liv Bergen Mystery #3)
  • Exit Strategy
  • The Golden Scales (Makana, #1)
  • The Informant
  • The Red Hot Fix (Justice Series, #2)