Start by marking “Vintage” as Want to Read:
Vintage

Vintage

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  181 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Madeleine Arsenault, Christina Morgan and Kelly Elson are three women who dared to make it in a man's world. Swept into a world of feuds, back-stabbing, sabotage and seduction, have they got what it takes to survive? There's more than just reputations at stake.
Published July 1st 2008 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Vintage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vintage

Dhfan4life
Aug 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Okay, I don't know what to say about this book other than I have never wanted to kick somebody in the nuts so bad after reading a book in my life!

So here's the skinny, there is 3 chicas that in one manner or other come into owning a vineyard. Of the 3, Madeline, the French woman whose dad had more debts than common sense, seems to have a grasp on what she is doing given it has been her family biz since forever and a day. And after I got over trying to settle into the story, I was initially rooti
Vanessa
Jan 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very good! I just was a bit upset at the ending
Chloe
Aug 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Vintage follows three women who enter the man’s world of wine-making, well champagne making to be exact. Madeleine Arsenault is the daughter of a French champagne-maker, and is left his vineyard when he dies. Madeleine wants to produce a vintage wine of her own, and is determined to prove her critics, who don’t believe a woman can create a great wine, wrong and to rise to the top of her game.

Kelly Elson, a chambermaid in a hotel is also left a vineyard in a will, but unlike Madeleine, she doesn’
Carol
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. If you're looking for a beach read or something for a long flight, this would work. I picked it up because I like to learn more about wine and how it's made. The novel was overly long, I scanned through some paragraphs. The sex scenes seemed to be added after an editor probably recommended the author needed to "spice" up the story - but those are few and you can skim over them. Three women, all gorgeous, young and unmarried become in charge of the 3 different wineries located in Napa, ...more
Gemma
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I bought this book for a salacious beach read but ended up enjoying the plot, the characters and learning about wine making more than the raunchier parts of the book. The plot follows three different women - one young English girl, a French woman who works in finance and an American supermodel - as they struggle to make a mark in the world of sparkling wines. It starts a little slowly but the plot is well formed and it becomes un-put-downable by the end. Overall, a fun and raunchy read with lots ...more
Redfox5
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
Who would have thought Champagne could be so exciting? This was the kind of book that kept pulling me back to it despite the callings from the internet and the playstation. I got swept up in the competition and the best girl won :) However I don't feel that one of the characters got his just desserts but maybe Olivia Darling was leaving that open for another book. I hope so. I would certainly read a sequel.
Holly
Mar 26, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
For a salacious read, this was quite well-written and researched. I enjoyed reading this escapist novel about women, wine-making, and competition. The author does know how to talk about wine. Warning - the sex scenes are graphic so I wouldn't share this with teen readers. Many people would probably consider this a beach read.
Aileen
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I did not think I was going to like this book, it was very slow to
begin with however throughout the book, it did get better, and I was
desperate to finish it to see what would happen. Definitely recommend.

Jo Woolf
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a fab book, brilliant strong female characters, rose above it all in the face of adversity, making them stronger than before. I was gutted at the end when Mathieu Randon did not get his comeuppance and loose everything! Really enjoyed it.
Shelby (shelberrt_books)
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was cleverly written in that it could link the four main characters stories together through methods and other characters. Alas, the whole book and individual stories relating to champagne and wine is unique and interesting! recommend!
Karen
May 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining beach-read pitting 3 burgeoning vineyards, one each in France, England and Napa against each other to produce an award-winning sparkling wine. Lots of skullduggery and wrangling for power/position & winning a bet with a large sum attached, ensues.
Elaine Hitch
This really deserved 2.5 stars. I kept reading it, but skimmed much. Too much fluff and silliness. Sex scenes that dragged on (seriously - badly written sex scenes). The only character I really cared about was Kelly. Murder mystery thrown in that was just kind of dropped.
Janusch
Jun 25, 2011 rated it liked it
As far as chick lit goes, this is a pretty good book, dealing with themes a little more varied (and interesting) than the regular, straightforward girl-meets-boy stuff.
Libby Waterford
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Entertaining but a tad disappointing. Didn't love the way she wrapped up all the story lines. The women all seemed to grow and end up with the right guys, but what was the deal with Axel?
Robin
Feb 06, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This appears to be a beach read extraordinaire! And, among all the glitz, glamour, and backstabbing, one might learn something about the culture of champagne.
Tanja
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Read the German version of this. Summary on here makes it sound much more exciting.
Miriam
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
three strong women (well, not all originally strong) take on the male dominated world of vineyards and wine. guess who wins?
tee
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
I am not big on wine and champagne, but other than that this book was not bad. I would not recommend this to anyone though.
Eve
Natasha
Aug 19, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Filthy Rich
  • A WAG Abroad (WAGs Diary, #2)
  • Moonshine
  • Vengeance
  • The Accidental Proposal (Ed & Dan, #3)
  • Foetal Attraction
  • Saffron Skies
  • A Bad Bride's Tale
  • Wicked! (Rutshire Chronicles #8)
  • Dolores
  • Godchildren
  • Doodle Stitching: Embroidery  Beyond: Crewel, Cross Stitch, Sashiko  More
  • Mapmaker's Opera
  • Heiresses
Thirty-three year old Olivia Darling was born and raised in the West of England.

At the age of eighteen she met an Italian art student in St. Ives and ran away to Tuscany in hot pursuit of him.

The love affair didn’t last but Olivia’s sojourn in Montepulciano inspired a much more enduring passion for Vino Nobile that soon became a fascination with viticulture.

She was thrilled and amazed to be made
More about Olivia Darling...