Start by marking “Forgiving Natalie” as Want to Read:

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Convicted felon Natalie Jones once gave her heart to Gage Merona. Now her heart belongs to eight-year-old Dash, the son Gage doesn’t know about. Determined to face the criminal charges against her, Natalie moves Dash across the country to meet his father for the first time.

Although Dash is Natalie’s whole world, her plan for redemption involves the heartbreaking task of le
Published 2017 by KNFBooks

To ask other readers questions about Forgiving Natalie, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

R.J. Rodda
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is no saccharine sweet Christian romance. Despite maintaining a relatively light touch throughout, it deals with crime, addiction and punishment.

I really liked how the man male character was such a handsome, wealthy, great guy with one leg. Only having one leg did not hold him back at all and the matter was treated with a commendable matter-of-factness.

This story is filled with well-rounded characters. No one is perfect. Forgiveness is needed on more than one side. Real mistakes are made a
Staci
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Forgiving Natalie unfolds with a timeline in 2007 and 2017. I find this approach to be an interesting way to share details of the past.

Main character Natalie has made mistakes in her past due to dependency on pain pills.

The novel kept my interest and brought to light some things about incarceration I hadn't considered before.

My gratitude to the author for a complimentary copy of the novel. I was not required to post a review and the opinions expressed are my own.
Martha
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had an unusual premise to begin with and while I likely would not have picked it up on my own because of the paper weight and cover style, I am thrilled I did for book club.

There are not many books that address addictions, especially high functioning addictions and the issues that a family might face with it, from the addicts point of view, especially in CF.

I enjoyed the story and am looking forward to the discussion.
angie massengill
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First I'm not going to retell the story in my review... this was a brake ur heart put it back together kinda book. I love how this book show even though our lives don't turn out like we thought God has a plan for us. I highly recommend this book.
April
By: Kristin Noel Fischer

This novel jerked at my heartstrings as I listened. So many issues were involved because of individual choices. I found myself in tears several times, and rooting for the protagonists to succussed all the way thru. I would like to hear of a sequel to this book.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed. Rebecca Rush made every bit of the story touch the heart.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntar
Jan Hall
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unforgetable
I loved this book. It deals with disabilities, drug addiction, lost love, divorce, raising a child, legal issues, dreams, family responsibilities and family issues. All of these things woven into a very entertaining emotional story.
J
Pat
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story that gripped me from the very beginning and the characters were so well fleshed out that I felt like I was sitting in a room watching as the story unfolded! What a profound story for forgiveness!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
carol price
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional read. Real emotions. I really liked the character of Natalie's little son. Now the mother in law, she's another story!
Holly
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good, well developed, likable characters. I was emotionally engaged and dreading the time to turn herself in. Well done!
Angela
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that will suck you in and make you feel all the feelings. On the first page, we learn that Natalie’s life is clearly in chaos since she’s San Francisco to introduce her son Dash to his father (Gage) before she turns herself into jail in Chicago. The story then alternates between present day 2017 San Francisco and 2006 Chicago when Natalie and Gage first meet. Natalie is an ER nurse and one night Gage, her former high school crush who is everything dreamy and a war hero ...more
Patricia Bradley
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The USAToday review was absolutely correct when it said once you've read Forgiving Natalie, the reader will want to read all of Kristin Fischer's other books--I've already downloaded Anna's Courage and will be getting her other books. Forgiving Natalie is a feel-good book even though you can see disaster looming throughout the story. Fischer is a good writer who quickly draws the reader into the story. Her characters are well-drawn--Gage is swoon-worthy and the man every woman wants to marry. Na ...more
Alexa Bourne
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kristin Noel Fischer never fails to make me sigh with content when I finish one of her books. Forgiving Natalie is no exception. I admit I wasn't sure I'd like reading a book that went back and forth between 2007 and 2017 but Kristin made it easy to read. I do wish I'd learned a bit more about the criminal charges Natalie faced earlier on, but that didn't stop me from searching ways during my workday to sneak in another few pages. The book kept me engaged and hooked from the beginning. The roman ...more
Janice
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Natalie is involved in a severe accident and becomes addicted to pain killers. As a nurse in an ER ward she has easy access, is caught stealing and convicted to 6 years prison. Her husband Gage divorces her at that point. Unbeknowst to him she has his son and is never given the date to voluntarily appear to serve her sentence so she doesn't go. It is now 7 years later and she takes Dash to meet his father as the first step to turning herself in.
Becky Pierce
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story. We all make mistakes, yet it is in how we handle those mistakes that true character shines through. This was a great story that had me laugh and cry. I could not put the book down as I had to see how it ended, and I can say I was pleasantly surprised with the ending. This also shows that if you want to change, you can. It is not easy, but it can happen.
Pascale
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly an excellent read. Very moving. I cried and I sympathized with Natalie. I really got sucked into the story. I highly recommend this clean, Christian romance. My first time reading this author’s work and I was impressed. I read it all in one sitting as, once started, I couldn’t put it down.
Kim Paulus
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

Loved this story! Love, forgiveness and true friendship is shown throughout the book. This is a story that will touch each readers heart. Can be read by all audiences.
Pam
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down

I loved this book! It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book that I wanted to stay up late because I couldn’t put it down. Loved the characters and flow of the book. Definitely an author I will follow.
Sharlene Rodewald
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book about forgiveness

I enjoyed t
Reading this book. It showed that oftentimes others forgive us more easily than we forgive ourselves. Even though we can do crazy and sometimes illegal things God still is at work to draw us close to Him.
Denzel L Struchen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Encouraging

An inspired story, of redemption. You he er know what one thing will rock your world , either for good or bad. Follow along as tragedy, and triumph collides. Watch what happens when you let go and let God take control.
Cindi Garrett
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

This book was excellent. It mirrors issues that many people are struggling with today. It also shows if we turn to our Heavenly Father and ask for His help our life can change miraculously! Loved this story!
Carilyn
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I had trouble putting it down... The author kept you guessing as to why Natalie was headed to prison. The use of flashbacks and different first person narratives was well done.
Christine Lapp
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Couldn’t put this one down. Loved the characters and the love and commitment they had. Didn’t want it to end.
Celena Rose
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved

HEA! Kept me wanting to read more. Natalie and Gage's love story of ups and downs and a second chance at love.
Nancy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Story

I enjoyed Forgiving Natalie. I am not a big fan of stories that go back and forth in time, but the story is well written and kept me reading.
Joan Waterbury
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kept me longing for the next chapter

I love romances but get bored with the same storyline. this was so different, it kept me wondering what would happen next.
Cassandra
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read! This book will tug at your emotions. Realistic characters and story. Kristin did a great job and I recommend this book to others!
Gloria
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the story. Liked the characters. Wanted to see the happy ending.
Gail Moshier
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story!!

I loved all the books in this series!!! I'm sure you will, too!!! I highly recommend this series!!!! Enjoy the read!!!!
Lillie
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I was a counselor with the state employment agency, I had a client who was arrested for violation of probation. She had failed to report to her probation officer on one scheduled visit because of transportation problems, and then she was afraid to go back. She had a steady job and lived at the same address for years, but she wasn't arrested until a few days before her probation would have ended. That meant she would probably spend the next five years in prison. I advocated for her and got o ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kristin Noel Fischer writes stories that combine uplifting women’s fiction with inspirational romance. Her books focus on overcoming tragedy through faith, family, friendship, love, and laughter. Readers enjoy her realistic characters and hope-filled endings.

If you’re looking for a heartwarming, compelling read without gratuitous love scenes or foul language, you’ve come to the right place.

Kristi