Start by marking “From the Rut to the Ledge” as Want to Read:
From the Rut to the Ledge

From the Rut to the Ledge

Tired of living in their “comfortable rut,” Suzanne and Mitch Rutledge decided to quit their jobs in America and take their seven-year-old son with them on a journey around the world. For nine months, they traveled slowly and volunteered, home schooled their second grader, and experienced what everyday life was like in new and different places.
"From the Rut to the Ledge"
Published September 7th 2017 by Westbow Press

To ask other readers questions about From the Rut to the Ledge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Rut to the Ledge

Start your review of From the Rut to the Ledge
Rachel Winter
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! A local mom gets out of her comfort zone and travels with world with her family!!
I'm dying to do this- not on such a large scale but at least take my family out of their comfort zone!
Great read! Highly recommend :)
Donna Craig
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book contained a few great tips. It’s about a family who travelled around the world for 9 months. I found it interesting to learn about how they managed the financial side of this trip. However, I sometimes felt very annoyed by the author’s upper middle class oblivion to the fact that very few people could manage such a trip. On the other hand, I appreciated her candidness with some of the personal difficulties she faced. I liked the book ok, and I’m glad I read it.
Leorah
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I struggled with the apparent privilege in this book, especially when contrasted with the focus on “tight budgeting.” There’s a line towards the end about how America hadn’t yet been discovered when the old European cities were thriving and I was (disproportionately, I admit) annoyed. American hadn’t yet been *colonized by Europeans.
The story is an inspiring tale of possibilities for those with the means, though. I loved hearing about their son’s responses to it all. A fun, quick read.
Note:
Michelle
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. A reminder to appreciate everything around you and that God will help you on the journey He wants you on. The travel tips are excellent. It has made me think differently about planning my next trip! And has given me some new destinations and experiences to check out.
Sara Beresford
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book by local author Suzanne Rutledge. I'm inspired by the trip she and her family took around the world, and loved reading her thoughts about the trip.
Mackie McIntosh
Howard Kalin
Dell
Melissa
Suzanne Rutledge
Sep 30, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Elizabeth
Feb 09, 2020
Liz Parish
Feb 12, 2020

• The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World
  • The Mighty Queens of Freeville: A Mother, a Daughter, and the People Who Raised Them
  • Dough: A Memoir
  • My Losing Season: A Memoir
  • Poor Man's Feast: A Love Story of Comfort, Desire, and the Art of Simple Cooking
  • Jujitsu Rabbi and the Godless Blonde: A True Story