Start by marking “Amigas and School Scandals (Amor and Summer Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
Amigas and School Scandals (Amor and Summer Secrets, #2)

Amigas and School Scandals (Amor and Summer Secrets #2)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Home Is Where The Drama Is. . .

Mariana Ruiz is bringing a lot home from her vacation in Puerto Rico, including memories of a hot summer romance, a new understanding of her (sometimes crazy) family. . .and her cousin Lilly Sanchez, who's enrolling in Mariana's suburban Philadelphia high school.

Mariana's best friends, Madison and Emily, aren't thrilled about the new arriv
Published November 1st 2008 by Kensington -Teen (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Amigas and School Scandals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amigas and School Scandals

Jennifer Wardrip
May 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

AMIGAS AND SCHOOL SCANDALS picks up where AMOR AND SUMMER SECRETS leaves off.

Mariana Ruiz has returned to her home in Spring Mills. But she's bringing home extra baggage - her cousin Lily. Mariana's father convinced Lily's parents that she'd get a better education in suburban Philadelphia than she would in the hills of Puerto Rico. Mariana's friends, Madison and Emily, are stunned when they notice Lily's presence upon their welcome home greetings.

Mariana an
Morgan Lemke
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was very boring in the beginning and a little in the middle. its not at all like the first book, but right when things start heating up, the book ends. I think it was rather interesting, but there were a lot of details that people really wouldn't care to know unless they are reading this for school and they need to know the details. I will admit, I skipped most of the long paragraphs to get to the talking, but I did go back and read the paragraphs after.
Cassandra Ulrich
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If anyone wants to know what can and does happen when kids go to college, this book shares all the shocking details. Not for the faint of heart or those in denial. Again, this will be best used as a conversational piece between parent and child. Very realistic!
Rachael
Nov 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Mariana Ruíz is finally back from her Puerto Rican exile/vacation, but although it’s good to be back home in Spring Mills, Mariana is still a little nervous. She fell out of touch with her best friends Madison and Emily, and they still don’t know about the red-headed souvenir named Lilly that Mariana has brought back to the States. Predictably, spoiled long-time friends and foreign newfound cousin clash, especially when Lilly becomes one of the most popular girls in school. But that’s not all: M ...more
Rachel Panak
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
(Possible spoilers.) Great book! I was reading it during my winter break! To start off, I liked how it was Lilly's turn to experience a new world, from being in a mountain town in Puerto Rico to the upper-middle class Philadelphia Main Line. It took some time for Lilly to adjust, just like Mariana when she went to Puerto Rico. At first, I disliked Madison for being rude to Lilly (and Mariana at times), but I can understand her jealousy. I loved all the funny scenes with Vince. Being a comic reli ...more
cecilia
May 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: blue-covers
Pretty much reversing Mariana and Lilly's roles, but still viewing through Mariana's eyes. Unlike Mariana who clung to Lilly at Puerto Rico, Lilly surprises her cousin by charging through the hallways of Spring Mills High School and somehow charming the entire IN crowd without breaking a sweat. However, Mariana cannot help but want her best friends and Lilly to get along, which is easier said than done.

A nice tie-me-over until I read the 3rd book!

BookChic Club
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wallach's sophomore effort and second book in her trilogy are just as good as the first, Amor and Summer Secrets. Her prose is compelling and simply amazing and it's so much fun to read about Mariana's life. I also loved how there were some great subplots and subtle emotion going on; all the characters have their own problems and very well fleshed out. Not one of them is two dimensional. I'm extremely excited to read the final book in the trilogy, Adios to All the Drama! These are addicting and ...more
Lamia Chowdhury
This book is about a girl named Mariana Ruiz and her cousin Lily Sanchez and their journey through high school with crushes, friends, and family drama. Mariana has problems with her two best friends because they don't get along with Lily but it is hard to focus on her best friends when she has a massive crush on her new locker buddy who is also one of her friends ex boyfriend. She also has a lot of family drama going on in her life. This is a good book to read for high school students because th ...more
Klmx415
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Amigas and School Scandals by Diana Rodriguez W. is about a girl name Mariana who comes back from her trip to Puerto Rico with her cousin Lily. They are now in Mariana's home in Philadelphia and they go to school together. Both must deal with Mariana's best friends and family drama. I think this book is good because this has drama that happens in real life.
Poulard Vanessa
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I think this book was ok, I was more interested about the love stories that is was about, but I hate the fact that it ends with such a suspense. I didn't know if the main character of the book was going to be with her crush at school or her ex boy friend that's going to stay in her house.
Diana
Aug 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the sequel to "Amor and Summer Secrets." I hope you all enjoy it!
Lina Guzman
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I THINK THAT THE BOOK BEFORE OF THIS IS THE BETTER ONE BUT THIS BOOK IS JUST TELLING AND TELLING BUT NOT ACTION AT ALL.
Daisy
Apr 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is great for any teen girls into romance and high school life.Personally I couldn't put the book down. I finished it in 4 hours time.
Kristal Lovee
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Omg i freaking fell in love with this book it so interesting there is no boring chapeter its just makes u want to read more and more i cant wait to read the 3rd part !
Lily
Jul 10, 2017
Melanie
Jan 14, 2012
Maria Aristy
rated it did not like it
Sep 26, 2014
Brittany
Apr 08, 2014
Veneza Monteiro
Oct 03, 2014
Diana Rodriguez Wallach is the author of the Anastasia Phoenix series, three YA spy thrillers set to debut beginning in March 2017 (Entangled Publishing). She is also the author of three award-winning young adult novels: Amor and Summer Secrets, Amigas and School Scandals, and Adios to All The Drama (Kensington Books); as well as a YA short-story collection based on the Narcissus myth, entitled Mi ...more
More about Diana Rodriguez Wallach...

Amor and Summer Secrets (3 books)
  • Amor and Summer Secrets (Amor and Summer Secrets, #1)
  • Adios To All The Drama (Amor and Summer Secrets, #3)