Start by marking “ドラゴンボール超 3 (Dragon Ball Super, #3)” as Want to Read:
ドラゴンボール超 3 (Dragon Ball Super, #3)

ドラゴンボール超 3

(Dragon Ball Super #3)

再び未来のトランクスがやって来た。彼の世界では、悟空ソックリの男・ゴクウブラックが人類を抹殺しようとしていた。未来へ向かう悟空とベジータだが!? 一方第10宇宙の界王神候補のザマスが悟空に注目して…。
Paperback
Published 2017 by 集英社 (Shueisha)

To ask other readers questions about ドラゴンボール超 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ドラゴンボール超 3

Start your review of ドラゴンボール超 3 (Dragon Ball Super, #3)
Khurram
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot more story then I usually get in a Dragon Ball series/book. It was a bit of a surprise, a nice surprise, but a surprise none the less.

Most of the book concentrates on the investigation of the identity and origin of Goku Black. This spans universes, and time. The book also shows what has been going on in the future since Trunks destroyed the androids in his time line. The action does not really start till thee last two chapters and the fights are much more detailed then the previous issue.
Sam Quixote
Apr 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dragon Ball is a comic very close to my heart. I’ve loved it since I was a kid learning to read and was delighted to see it return recently for a new run with Dragon Ball Super. So believe me when I say I’m genuinely disappointed that this third book was absolute garbage. This Goku Black storyline is the worst one since that Android nonsense in DBZ!

A new villain called Goku Black destroyed future Trunks’ world so future Trunks has travelled back in time AND across universes to recruit Goku and
James DeSantis
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually pretty damn entertaining even if follows a lot of the same beats as Z.

So Trunks comes back from the future to warn Goku and the others about a new villain. BLACK GOKU. So yes...his name is very original. But come on, we got Vegeta's kids named after trunks and bras, so...lolz. Anyway Black Goku has destroyed Future Trunks timeline or least taken over. It's kind of what he does. So Goku and Vegeta decide they're going to teach this little punk a lesson.

The battle scenes are
Tiago
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The story is finally getting back to the Z roots, digging the story a lot more now, but that extra level of Super Saiyan Rosé felt really unnecessary, two new saiyan levels on three volumes, are we gonna go through the entire color spectrum?! Also, the saiyans never improved their power the way Black Goku did, they managed to do it through training, not by taking a beating, he's not even able to reach super saiyan at the beginning of the fight, makes no sense whatsoever.
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
While the story arcs are fun and feature some exciting battles, I have a tough time wrapping my head around all these colour-saiyans that are being introduced. How can I even take them seriously? It used to be awesome that hard work led to new levels of super saiyan but in this case, you get to reach new heights through failure.

The story also explores new ideas that bring a new amount of intrigue but sometimes struggles to make it as compelling as it could be.

It remains to be seen if this story
Ricardo Martinez
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Me está flipando el arco de Goku Black... Contra todo pronóstico!!
HazelSora
Ya es costumbre leer los mangas de super en Octubre. De momento la saga de Black en comic está mucho mejor que en Ánime.
Erin
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I think I will enjoy this storyline, but this volume took so long to build up and there were times when it was confusing trying to follow who was who and what universe they were from and everything. I think it would have been better if things were more clear and the main plot didn't take so long to build up.
Holly Letson
Finally, things are happening in this series that make me want to keep reading!
Viedefun
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ce 3ème tome nous embarque dans le futur que connaît et subit Trunks depuis son retour là-bas. Ici plus de cyborgs qui menacent les humains mais un être maléfique portant les traits de Goku, rien que ça ! Les raisons de l’existence de ce « black Goku » sont rapidement expliquées et ma foi, on se laisse encore une fois embarquer dans les aventures de nos héros. Après, c’est vrai qu’il faut arriver à se retrouver entre les univers parallèles et les futurs alternatifs. Au niveau du dessin, la ...more
Adrian
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dragon ball super volume 3 is after going versus hit but now he is relaxing with his family and a random person pops out from the sky and its trunks but older and trunks needs help in the future there is an evil goku named goku black and later on we find out its a supreme kai in training named zamazu because he hates mortals so he made a plan ZERO MORTALS PLAN goku vegeta and trunks fight them its a harsh fight read the book to know the rest.
Bethany Langley
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tyler Doran
Dimitris
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ugh... waiting for the next chapter every time is TORTURE.
Brandon
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally, Toyotaro seems to be coming into his own as a manga-ka. His art is still clearly an often-poor imitation of Toriyama's own (character faces still look pretty off-model), but he's gotten great at drawing the wrinkles in clothing, and the hands he draws are pretty great. Most significantly, it seems the writing has had a chance to improve greatly. I am just cynical enough to believe much of the script in this volume is written by Toyotaro himself, that Toriyama's said little other than ...more
Adam Fisher
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this Volume was entertaining and ultimately excellent, it was here that I started to notice the differences in the language translation (ex: Lord of Lords is Supreme Kai for us; Taiyo-Ken is Solar Flare, ect)
We continue the saga of Goku Black, learning quite a bit about Trunks as well. Turns out that Goku Black is actually Zamas (Zamasu in the anime) a Supreme Kai from Universe 10 who decided to take justice into his own hands. Killing the other Kais' and switching bodies with an alternate
Chelsea Gouin
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The Zero Mortals Plan, AKA the Goku Black Arc, is in full swing. This series feels long-winded but is lacking substance. Like, the pieces for a cool story are all here but I'm so underwhelmed by it all. There's no heart in this, it's not a passion project it's fanservice but not really...it's a cash grab. Future Trunks is boring, even with his new love interest. The jokes are lame and feel forced and inconsistent. The canon version of timeline was muddy to begin with and this volume really ...more
Augustus Oldridge
Ciertamente estoy impresionado por cómo me fascinó este tomo. La saga Black es de la que menos estoy informado (no he visto el anime, solo datos o peleas sueltas), y me sorprende ver la coherencia que tiene todo en el manga. La forma coherente de manejar las peleas (siempre con power ups sacados de la manga. pero bien justificados).

Pero lo que más me asombró es todo el mensaje sobre el qué hacer de los Dioses para con quiénes deben cuidar. ¿Por qué dejar que la humanidad se autodestruya si
Gustavo
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga, shonen
Este arco me está resultando un poco estirado, y un poco complicado de más con las idas y vueltas de mundos paralelos, realidades alternativas, viajes en el tiempo. No es que sea confuso, pero no había necesidad de hacer las explicaciones tan largas.

Igual lo sigo distrutando y me encanta ver cuando Toyotaro se aleja un poco del dibujo copia exacta de Toriyama y toma algunos riesgos (sobre todo en fondos, y algunos coloreados en grises que Toriyama no suele usar.

Espero que termine pronto y el
Michael Kikle
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, out of all three of these first three volumes, this is my favorite, so far! The introduction of the Future Trunks Arc, in the last volume, was interesting, but now I’m completely sold on the arc. There’s so many great ideas being utilized, here. It actually feels like Dragon Ball Z, again, for the first time in so long. I’d definitely recommend it to you, if you haven’t read it, yet. Even if the first two volumes weren’t excellent, this one absolutely is!
Gabe
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First solid volume of the Super manga that feels like it's more than an advertisement for the anime. Lots of things streamlined for the Goku Black arc that are done for the better of the overall plot.
Amy N.
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This version of the Future Trunks storyline is even better than in the anime. Lots of little things come together better, the story flows in a way that makes a little bit more sense, and I love the way Toyotarou does scene transitions. It's so fun seeing a fan's take on this franchise.
Natalia
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast read and entertaining

I really enjoyed the differences between the manga and the anime . It’s straightforward to the point with enough information on the plot that keeps you wanting for more.
Ali
Nov 03, 2019 added it
my favorite franchise
Hew J France
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
still a very watered down adaptation of the story in the anime, however I feel like they diluted this one the least of the 4 story arcs so far. looking forward to the next volume.
Josh
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Violence on top of violence to solve universe destroying gods. So elementary. Power, more power, blue power, pink power, Rose power. Exactly what comics are all about. Fantasy.
Sara Bakhshi
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-mangas
It's always better than the show!
totally worths waiting for.
Katy Allen-Farris
Good for any manga or anime fan, and it's going to get better.
Bruna | TinyGirl Reviews
This is sooooo different from the anime!!!! :O
Paco Correa
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excelente la saga de Black en manga , unos pequeños cambios tan sutiles pero que mejoran demasiado el hilo narrativo con respecto al anime !

• ワンパンマン 18 [Wanpanman 18] (Onepunch-Man, #18)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02 (Hunter x Hunter, #2)
  • ワンパンマン 17 [Wanpanman 17] (Onepunch-Man, #17)
  • ワンパンマン 14 [Wanpanman 14] (Onepunch-Man, #14)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 03 (Hunter x Hunter, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 17 [Boku No Hero Academia 17] (My Hero Academia, #17)
  • ワンパンマン 15 [Wanpanman 15] (Onepunch-Man, #15)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 04 (Hunter x Hunter, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 19 [Boku No Hero Academia 19] (My Hero Academia, #19)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 15 [Boku No Hero Academia 15] (My Hero Academia, #15)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 18 [Boku No Hero Academia 18] (My Hero Academia, #18)
  • ワンパンマン 16 [Wanpanman 16] (Onepunch-Man, #16)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 20 [Boku No Hero Academia 20] (My Hero Academia, #20)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 [Boku No Hero Academia 14] (My Hero Academia, #14)
  • ワンパンマン 10 [Wanpanman 10] (Onepunch-Man, #10)
  • ワンパンマン 2 [Wanpanman 2] (Onepunch-Man, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 22 [Boku no Hero Academia 22] (My Hero Academia, #22)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
Akira Toriyama is a widely known and acclaimed Japanese manga artist known mostly for his creation of Dragon Ball in 1984. It is difficult to pin point the source of Toriyama's artwork inspiration. He admires Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and was impressed by Walt Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmatians, which he remembers for the great art. Jackie Chan's early movies had a noticeable influence on ...more

Dragon Ball Super (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • ドラゴンボール超 1 (Dragon Ball Super, #1)
  • ドラゴンボール超 2 (Dragon Ball Super, #2)
  • ドラゴンボール超 4 (Dragon Ball Super, #4)
  • ドラゴンボール超 5 (Dragon Ball Super, #5)
  • ドラゴンボール超 6 (Dragon Ball Super, #6)
  • ドラゴンボール超 7 (Dragon Ball Super, #7)
  • Dragon Ball Super, tomo 8