Start by marking “Love Me By Christmas” as Want to Read:
Love Me By Christmas

Love Me By Christmas

Ellie Washington lost her husband in a tragedy five years ago at Christmas. She wouldn’t have made it through her grief if not for her husband’s brother, Nick, who helped her pick up the pieces of her shattered life. And with every year, her feelings for Nick have grown. Now she realizes she might be in love with him, but that’s not fair, because Nick deserves a life that ...more
Published November 6th 2017 by Jaci Burton, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Love Me By Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me By Christmas

Start your review of Love Me By Christmas
FMABookReviews
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A fabulous start to the holiday season, 'Love Me By Christmas' is a passionate and tender friends-to-lovers romance!

*Full Review To Come*

**I was voluntarily provided this free review copy. This did not influence my opinion of the book nor my review.**

about me logo social_facebook_2x-cc59f12f4ab0551091a3a29deb45b3f1 social_twitter_2x-052a9e6a0bd59868c962adf399a55288 social_instagram_2x-843370a281412abe747151cf325a87f0 social_pinterest_2x-9d3478db114852e246866f524f395fc6 limav-flat-gradient-social-amazon
Yvonne
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is a very difficult time for Ellie Washington. Five years ago her husband died at Christmas leaving her pregnant and alone. Thanks to the help of her husband’s brother, Nick, Ellie made it through for the sake of her child. As time went on, Nick and Ellie grew closer. The only father her son ever knew is Nick, but Ellie fears she is holding Nick back from having a life of his own.

Although devastated by his brother’s death, Nick found comfort with Ellie and her son. They gav
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Such an awesome story! It was sweet and fun with the perfect mix of emotion added in. By the end, my heart was pretty much exploding with happiness. :-)

This had everything I love rolled up into one impactful story. The story jumps right in with all the important details and introductions and I immediately wanted Nick and Ellie to have their happily ever after. I totally understood their conflict and why they were holding back. Their attraction to the other is really fun and cute, all the longing an/>This
Mandy
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Richelle Robinson
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Since I love the holidays I’m on a never ending quest to read as many holiday reads as I can. I wanted to like this story but certain things didn’t work out in my favor. I found the main character Ellie to be very wishy washy and it was so annoying. I get her reservations but even after her talk with Nick she would still go back and forth and it got to be annoying. I loved how her best friend called her out on her actions as well as Nick. Another issue I had with the story was by the time it got ...more
Jessica Alcazar
This was such an easy read you guys. I read it from start to finish in one evening. GAH, how I've missed reading Jaci Burton! This was a sweet and poignant romance story. One of the best close-proximity reads I have read in a very long time. You know, a lot of times with close proximity story-lines, the HEA doesn't seem realistic to me, but Jaci did an exceptional job with this one. She also made sure to not brush off some really important life circumstances that were added into the mix.

Right about now you're thinking to yoursel
Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
description

I want to send a huge thank you to Sullivan and Partners for sending this beauty out for review. Ya'll are amazing. And I can't thank you enough for how good you take care of us bloggers.
💓💓💓

So before this book, the only Jaci Burton ones I had read had been her sports romances (which I absolutely love FYI)
So of course when the opportunity to read and review this baby came up, I just had to snap it up.
And I mean literally. It made it to my kindle and I for realisies snapped up my kindle and got lost in this amazing book fo
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
✮ ✮ ✮Love Me By Christmas ✮ ✮ ✮

✮ ✮ By:Jaci Burton✮ ✮

5 Totally Loved Stars!

Love Me by Christmas was the second book by Jaci Burton that I’ve read.  After reading this book I’ve gone back and moved the rest of the Play-by-Play series books up on my TBR list.

Love Me by Christmas was one of those books that while reading you can totally see this book being a movie on the Hallmark Countdown to Christmas.  I just didn’t want this book to end.

Elle lost her husband in a fire right before Christmas almost 5 years ago, while preg
Emily
Ellie Washington has come to terms with her husbands death and devoted her time raising her son. Fortunately she had the help of her husbands brother, Nick. However, Ellie is beginning to develop feelings for Nick that are far from from sisterly and she does not know what to do about it.

Nick doesn't know what to make of Ellie's behavior lately, when it is revealed why Ellie has been different towards Nick they begin to explore what they have. The problem is Ellie believes she is holding Nick ba
Jo
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
If life is that kind of easy, love can heal everything, no more troubles then.

Anyway, having something positive n show u life wasn’t that bad is good four soul, especially when you r in your hard time, drowning, with so much pressure, like rocks on your chest.
Stephanie
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a sweet holiday read, Love Me By Christmas is perfect. Nick and Ellie's story had me hooked from the beginning and has just the right blend of emotions. I only wish it had been longer. It's definitely one to pick up!
Erica Paré
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great romance holiday type novel! Ellie is living with her brother in law after her husband died. She has a little boy that Nick helps to raise along with her. From the start you can tell that the relationship they have is almost like husband and wife raising a family together. Nick does everything for his nephew and Ellie. When they both start to realize that they have feelings for each other, things change.

My favorite character in this book is Nick. He just seems like suc
shms
Nov 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
My review is not a reflection of the writing, not at all. but the romance. The story of the widow and brother in law finding love was possibly too weighty for a novella format. We got all sorts of short cuts to keep the romance moving, and a set up which was frankly unbelievable. I was also bored and took to skimming some bits.
This was cute. I saw it on my library audiobook app and decided to give it a try. It was super short and didn't take me long to listen to at all. It wasn't the best NA book i've read but it was cute.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a feel good, then again, it must for it to be a Christmas story :)

Ellie loved her husband so much, his tragic death nearly crushed her, the only balm to her soul, her unborn child. That’s when Nick, her brother in law, stepped up and took care of her and her son. They have both been living with him and grew to be a tight knit family of sorts.

Now, though, five years later, Ellie finds that she’s having feelings for Nick, and those feelings grow with every day passing.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
What a great, feel good holiday story! Ellie has been grieving her husband for 5 years. Pregnant when he died, her brother-in-law took her in and helped her while also trying to get through his own grief. They are best friends. It just took the magic of the season to help Ellie realize she could move on and find love again. Of course, her adorable little boy makes this read even more magical. Nick helps her to find happiness again. Loved the family support and acceptance.

Great read for the seas
Megan
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one was 3.5 stars for me. I loved the hero, but the heroine, not so much. Due to this, I wasn’t as invested as I should have been in their budding relationship.

Ellie Washington lost her husband 5 years ago tragically, near Christmas time. She was pregnant with their son at the time, and had no other family. Her husband’s brother, Nick, moved her into his house, and they grieved together, and took care of each other during their time of mourning. Then, when her son Henry was born, Nick help
Rebecca
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love holiday stories because they tend to put into perspective what’s most important in life, offering insights into the wonders of love, faith, and devotion and illustrating the miracles that can happen as long as people are willing to task a risk and grab hold of what life is offering them.

In Love Me By Christmas, Jaci Burton gives readers Ellie and Nick’s story – one that is both heartwarming and heartbreaking due to the circumstances that brought them together. For the past fiv
Under the Covers Book Blog
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's something comforting about reading a Jaci Burton holiday story.  It's one of the things I look forward to around this time of year.  She always manages to embody everything I want to see in a holiday read.  LOVE ME BY CHRISTMAS is a standalone holiday novella about a widow who has been struggling to find her footing while raising her child.  A child she was only pregnant with when her husband passed away.  And through all those changes she's had the incredible support of her brother in ...more
Crystal
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had a moment where you are so excited to finally read a book from a particular author? It had been so long since I read something by Jaci Burton, I actually convinced myself that she's a new-to-me author. Turns out I read books one and two in her Wild Riders series many, many moons ago. From what I remember I loved those books... Not sure why I didn't finish the series. Let's not even talk about her Play by Play series. I think those will be one of my goals for next year.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
This is my first time reading a book by Jaci Burton. I found Love Me by Christmas sweet, thoughtful, and the perfect holiday read. Five years after her husband passed away, Ellie is going through the motions. She has a beautiful little boy, Henry, whom never met his father. But he does have his uncle and the man that Ellie is trying extra hard not to notice.

If she would open her eyes, she would also see that the so called uncle, Nick, is trying his damndest not to notice Ellie either. How soon
books are love
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Ellie and Nick are great together. Nick is kind, sweet and patient. He takes Ellie in when his brother dies and is always there for her. They grow to rely on one another and be there for each other.

Over time you can see that Nick had his feelings change but he was afraid to act on them. So did Ellie’s only she didn’t want to act on them because of the confusion it caused in her and how it could hurt the family.

Nick was great with Ellie’s son
Kim
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this author's Play by Play series so when I was feeling the need to read a little something to start easing me into the holiday spirit, I grabbed Love Me by Christmas.

Five years ago, Ellie lost her husband to an accidental fire in their home. Pregnant and with no family to turn to, Ellie accepted her brother-in-law Nick's offer to move in with him until she was through the grieving process and felt in a better place to determine what her future should hold. Neither of
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog

I had read Jaci Burton’s Wild Riders series a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, so when I saw she was publishing a Christmas book, I just had to read it! I was not disappointed. Love Me By Christmas is a sweet holiday stand-alone novella. It’s the perfect light read in front of a fireplace or a twinkling Christmas tree.

I got hooked into the story almost immediately. The plot was fast paced and held my attention easily. I read it in one sitting. I just had to know if they wou
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
This friends-to-lovers romance is sweet and sensual, with characters that will grab your heart and pull you right into the story. Nick is so adorable. In a manly way, of course. ;-) And Ellie is so worried that she’s taking advantage of Nick that she tries to pawn him off on other women (which was a little irritating but made for some fun Nick moments). They already live together—he’s the brother of her late husband—and they’re essentially already a family unit with her son.

This is a
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review***

This was a short and sweet read that takes place during the holiday season.

Love Me By Christmas is a classic love story about two people who are enamored with one another, but can't bring themselves to say anything. Burton brings us Ellie, who lost her husband five years earlier, and Nick, her husband's brother. After her husband's sudden death, Nick steps in and helps Ellie through the anguish and with raising her baby. Nick is an amaz/>Love
Michal Inbar
Nov 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Dnf 27.4%

This brother in law's theme...

*shuddering*

I'm sorry, I just can't. Too creepy.
Jessica
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017, audio
I thought this was a cute story!!
For my full review, visit my blog!
Natasha
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Jaci Burton books!!!
This is my first Christmas read of 2017. A good read to get you in the holiday mood.

This is a cute, funny, emotional, sexy Christmas read. It’s got a bit of everything.
Nick is awesome!!!! I fell in love with him from the start.

#4Wineglasses
Mia Book Addict
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Jaci Burton is one of my favorite authors and ‘Play by Play’ is one of my favorite sports romance series. ‘Love Me By Christmas’ was my first non-sports romance from her and I enjoyed reading it.

Since the death of her husband’s death five years ago, Christmas is a very difficult time for Ellie Washington. After losing her husband, John, she was all alone and pregnant but thanks to John’s brother Nick, Ellie slowly picked up the pieces of her life and tried to move on. Both Nick and E
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5)
  • Hold Her Again
  • Their Little Princess
  • Baby, It's Christmas & Hold Me, Cowboy
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • The Grinch of Starlight Bend
  • Here Comes the Sun (Butler, Vermont, #3)
  • One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay, #2.5)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • Tempt Me (Bodyguard Bad Boys, #2)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • A Gansett Island Christmas (Gansett Island, #15.5)
  • Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)
  • Christmas On Pointe (Silver Bell Falls, #2)
  • Misadventures of a Rookie (Misadventures, #10)
  • I Want You Back (Want You, #1)
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more