Start by marking “Almost Invincible (The White Knight & Black Valentine Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Almost Invincible (The White Knight & Black Valentine Series, #3)

Almost Invincible

(The White Knight & Black Valentine #3)

A theme park turns into a death-trap of sadistic supervillains…

White Knight is the most popular superhero in the country—which is bad news for David Del Toro, formerly White Knight, who retired from heroics years ago and just wants some peace and quiet. When the White Knight ride at a superhero-inspired theme park has a grand reopening, Dave is more than happy to give his
Published September 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Almost Invincible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Invincible

Kathy - Books & Munches
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, read-in-2017
The action! My god. Reading this short novel barely gave me any time to rest, never mind just getting myself a drink. The action-packed chapters didn't stop! As soon as I thought about taking a little break, there it was again! Nope, I wasn't allowed to eat, drink or go to the bathroom.

To say that Brand is amazing at writing fights is an understatement. I could easily see everything unfold before me, imagine the villains and heroes doing what's written. My heart rate sped up while reading and I
FallingLeave
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
"The second something looks bad, I'll abandon you faster than a cheating husband"
~Rosa

I like this book very much. It has everything this kind of book needs, action, sweetness, plot twists and much more. The story is set in a theme park and it certainly feels like a roller coaster. This because there is a lot of good action and the storyline never flat lines. On top of this all there are a lot of funny scenarios mixed up in it.

I literally couldn't stop reading once I had the time. Also the char
Karen
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this book, David del Toro gives his tickets to a superhero theme park reopening to his daughter and her friends. A few hours later he learns about a hostage situation at that park.

With "Almost Invincible", Kristen Brand presents us with a part funny, part tragic fight between revenge-hungry supervillains and courageous yet desperate superheroes. The story is intriguing, comprises interesting turns, and has a good flow. I was drawn into the story for the major part of the book, I just did not
David Harriss
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Skillful but Flawed

The book is entertaining and the characters are solid. But there are problems.
My big problem is that the characters failed to solve their problem when they could have. Two veteran heroes didn't kill the mass murdering terrorist and escaped convict in the midst of a mass hostage act of terror, and at least four people died because of that act 1 failure. A failure that has zero narrative justification.

Other than that, it was great. Engrossing, distracting, and both a good contin
Sean
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great characters

Three books in, and I still love these characters. With super heroes, if their power is the most interesting thing about them, you're in trouble. With Dave and Val, their powers are a small part if why they're interesting. Can't wait for book four.
Kat Mandu
Dec 30, 2018
Special Coleman
Oct 22, 2017
T.J. Day
Join us in the read-along series! Begins April 1st!
Lionel Duarte
PhilippeO
Feb 12, 2019
Mick Loves Books
Feb 26, 2019
Making Connections: 5030. - ALMOST INVINCIBLE by Kristen Brand 4 17 Jan 07, 2018 08:03AM
If Kristen Brand could have any superpower, she’d want telekinesis so she wouldn’t have to move from her computer to pour a new cup of tea. She spends far too much time on the internet, and when she’s not writing, she’s usually reading novels or comic books. Hero Status is her first novel.

The White Knight & Black Valentine (6 books)
  • The Best Man (A Superhero Short Story)
  • Hero Status (The White Knight & Black Valentine Series, #1)
  • Villainous (The White Knight & Black Valentine Series, #2)
  • Kill Them All (The White Knight & Black Valentine Series, #4)
  • Superhuman Disaster (The White Knight & Black Valentine Series Book 5)
“If I had my way, the news cycle would be dedicated to the victims, not their killer.” 2 likes