Start by marking “Thirsty” as Want to Read:
Thirsty

Thirsty

A hilarious rollercoaster ride of life behind the curtains with Australia's funniest rising star of comedy

With a foreword by Chrissie Swan

Joel Creasey has known he wanted to be on the world’s stage since he was in short pants, and nothing was going to get in his way. After his first stand-up performance at 17, he had to follow his dream – that is, to always have the spotl
Published November 1st 2017 by Simon Schuster Australia

To ask other readers questions about Thirsty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirsty

Julie Garner
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biographies, arc
I was lucky enough to receive a signed advanced reading copy of this book.
Thirsty is a FABulous memoir of a 27 year old man, who still looks like a boy and jokes around like he is a teenager. Joel Creasey is not just a stand-up comedian. He has been many things in his short life and in this book he shares many of his life experiences.
Joel tells us in his own words about the life he lived growing up, coming out and moving on. As you read the pages you can just picture him there, in front of you,
Bert Z
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have the biggest crush on Joel Creasey, I’m not ashamed to say that I regularly google “Joel Creasey Nudes” in hopes of leaked photos, the guy is majorly crush worthy.

Up until a few years ago I’d never even heard of Mr. Creasey as I’m not the biggest fan of stand up comedy, but every now and again the social media sensation, chooky girl Cherylyn Barnes, would talk about him and so I looked him up and have been in love ever since. The guy is funny as hell, he’s like the gay best friend that we
Amber Jaatinen
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wet myself the whole time 😂😂😂
Melanie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With the exception of the last two chapters which I did find boring, this memoir is wonderful! Almost every page turn had me laughing out loud and for a good while. There were several occasions when I laughed until I ran out of breath, and once I shared a few pages with a colleague and we both laughed until we cried! (The bull story!).

This memoir is essentially a standup routine with heart. I got a lot personally, from some of Joel's insights, and overall this book inspired me to really get into
Naiomi Cox
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autobiography, 2017
I loved the book, every chance I got I was readying and stayed up late reading as well
Rachael McDiarmid
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
It’s funny. I never really liked Joel Creasey. He irritated me. I didn’t warm to him. Which is strange because 30 years ago I knew a lot of Joel Creasey's. Camp. Over-the-top gay guys with no filters and just as judgemental. I hung out with them. They were my friends. I must have matured. Or they did. ANYWAY.... When he and Myf took over Eurovision commentary I was flabbergasted. I was soo disappointed. I wasn’t prepared to give him a chance because I loved Sam and Julia. But when it came to Fin ...more
David Keal
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t put this down, very funny read, and incredibly easy to read, written in such a relaxed style, you can actually imagine Joel is speaking directly to you.
A number of places through the book I actually laughed out loud, it’s not often anyone can write their story and generate laughter, a rare gift.
Joel is a funny funny comedian and in this book, shows he has talent in writing also. Would recommend this one!
Scott
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining read, often funny but the stereotypical kind of gay that Joel represents (which is perfectly valid) can sometimes feel alienating. While that in itself isn't a fair critique (Joel is who he is) I found that there wasn't too much surprising in his story or humour, and at least one star removed for his overuse of sass/sassy.
Stephanie Youssef
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aus-writers
My favourite memoirs are memoirs by people with a distinct voice, and who write in that voice. While reading this book, it felt like Joel was sitting across from me, reading it to me. Piss-your-pants funny, Thirsty gives a good look into the hard work and persistence it takes to become one of Australia's best comics - and the moments and experiences that shaped him.
Jodie Warner
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I don’t even know who Joel Creasey is and yet I read this! I vaguely know that he’s a comedian and a minor celeb but have not watched a thing of his. Why did I even listen to this?! It was narrated by the man himself and was an easy and relatively entertaining read. He’s self-deprecating but not hilarious. I admire his hard work and drive towards fame. Might have to go and google him now...
kaycee
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I actually listened to the audiobook narrated by Joel himself - hilarious! Great, funny, crass and candid stories full of character. I really enjoyed it (traditionally not an audiobook person but this made my daily commute in the car fun & less ragey).
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!! Really enjoyable to read about Joel's life (so far) and his rise to stardom!
Makes me eager to watch him in stand up, but also I think it just makes me eager to watch anyone in stand up comedy.
Jessica
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
After a lot of mediocre books to start this year, this was such a delight. I highly recommend the audiobook, audio by stand up comics is always a good time.
Rachael Goncalves
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it what a great sense of humor. Was a great easy read. Big fan.
Liz
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Narrated by the author, this audiobook was good fun.
Kandyb
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, he is so wonderful. Joan Rivers was right, he is a star.
Rob Barker
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
An amusing and interesting read. Love him or not .. you cannot but admire this young man’s determination and success.
Crystal George
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bloody brilliant
Zoey
I love Joel Creasey and think he is hilarious. Listening to his book being narrated by himself was a lot of fun :)
Sarah King
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An acerbic witty and incredibly moving story of Joel Creasey's life. It was just like the way Creasey does his stand up quick witty and to the point with a point of oversharing
Caspette
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I found his stories interesting but his comedy didn’t translate well for me onto the pages. I suspect the book failing to make me laugh-out-loud was more to do with me, then what the author wrote. I can see how this book would connect with a lot of people, it just didn’t really connect with me.

If you really like pop culture then this will probably be a great read for you as the stories about the famous people have met were fascinating.
Chelsea Lewis
Nov 27, 2017
Sharon
Jun 02, 2018

• Challenge Accepted!
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • Bridge Burning and Other Hobbies
  • Ghost Wife: A Memoir of Love and Defiance
  • Affection
  • The Diaries Of Evelyn Waugh
  • Danger Music
  • Too Sharp (Tara Sharp, #3)
  • Plain-speaking Jane