Start by marking “Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart” as Want to Read:
Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart

Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart

Amrita Datta is petite and pretty, with large light brown eyes. But she calls herself an Army Girl, because of her army background. Her father and his two brothers were army officers, inspired by an uncle who almost became army general when Jawaharlal Nehru was Prime Minister. Marrying army officers is a tradition in both her father and mother’s side of the family.

Oscar P
Kindle Edition
Published September 2017 by Oswald Pereira

To ask other readers questions about Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart

Murali Ryan
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart by Oswald Periara, an romantic fiction. The story is well judge able from its title and blurb. The story says the love story of Army Girl and Civilian boy falling in love with each other.

Amrita is an intelligent and independent with strong army background from Delhi. When she joined at Mumbai Newstime, a leading newspaper in all over India as trainee she meets Oscar a famous news reporter slowly they falls for eachother during her training time they both become
Sohinee Reads & Reviews (Bookarlo)
Our protagonist, Oscar is a lucky lad to have found his love for life! Cupid has a tendency to strike when we least expect him to. Oscar isn't keen on dating neither does he have a thought for marriage or for love because he is too busy toiling in his job as a reporter at the Mumbai edition of Newstime that he has to keep his thoughts on a leash and has to prioritise his job first and foremost. But as I have already said, he is a lucky lad, he does find a chance at love when our leading lady, Am ...more
Swapna Peri

Publishing Date: 21 Sept 2017
Printed Price: INR 120
ASIN: B075V2SGKB

Book Title:
The title of the book ' Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart ' though a little long, it gives the reader a hint it's gonna be a love story and always a love story is beautiful!

Book Cover :
The book cover is nice and colorful animated one. The big heart on the cov
Niyati Gogna
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
"Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart" by Oswald Pereira is beautiful, realistic and a little predictable story!

The plot revolves around the protagonist Oscar Pereira who happens to be a civilian, working for a newspaper agency to be precise and Amrita Datta, belonging to an army background with her father and brothers serving in Indian Army.

The author has wonderfully depicted the practical and actual journey of two lovers belonging to different religious beliefs, economic and social status as well
Aakanksha Mishra
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Army girl steals civilian's heart

Army girl steals civilian's heart is a romance novel. The plot revolves around the protagonist Oscar Pereira who works for a newspaper agency and Amrita Datta, belonging to an army background with her father and brothers serving in Indian Army. Her family always had problems with the civilians but still, she falls for one and at last convinced her parents to agree to her choice.

This novel is really fast paced as if the author was trying to complete it in a hurry.
Neha Yadav
army girl steal civilian heart by Oswald Pereira .
the title seems so indulging .the cover is good . as a defense brat or I would say navy brat I loved the book .
here is the short review.
This is a very light-hearted romantic novelette which takes the reader up and down through different emotions. Truly, Amrita and Oscar belong to different worlds, but their love helped them create a unique world of their own. The love musings are nothing new, but the innovative narration makes it sound refreshi
Sayan Basak
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
THE TITLE-
The word army inculcates something like to sober up, which seems to many like making life “so serious,” as if seriousness precluded joy, warmth, spontaneity and fun. But there can be a delusional, blind quality to non-sober festivities. To have our eyes open soberly with all our senses and memory intact allows some of the most rewarding, soul-nourishing, and long-lasting pleasures possible. Does this mean that Seriousness is too boring to the playful human condition? A heart of stone t
Nidhi Srivastava
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
The novel is one of my first Kindle version so far. The experience with Kindle format was great, as the novel was a light read and I was able to finish this novel in about 3 days. The novel attracted me due to its title- An army girl steals civilian’s heart. I am an army fan and going by that craze I finished this novel quite soon. The story is a romantic fiction between an Army girl and a civilian news reporter. At first, I was misled by the title thinking about the soldier posted falling in lo ...more
Diganth Mehta
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
'When you love someone from heart, Universe conspires in helping you to meet them and when you yourselves start conspiring.....it gives double effect.😉'

"Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart" by Oswald Pereira published by Oswald Pereira Publication in 2017, 1st Edition a book of 162 pages priced at Rs. 120 and available only as e-book on Kindle as of now.

The story of this book seem to be very close to the kind of character set up originally in Authors life.
Genre - Fiction
This book is about a very
Preeti Chauhan
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The title itself is self explanatory .This is a story that starts with an investigative crime journalist Oscar Pereira, falling in love with a young intern Amrita .Amrita though hailing from an illustrious and rich Army background is petite and gentle but a determined young girl.She too falls for the charms of the tall and handsome and rugged senior journalist. But their backgrounds and religions are big obstacles in the path of love Add to it - Oscar has a dark secret !

What will the army girl A
Ruchast
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Book review #13 : Army girl Steals Civilian’s Heart
Genre : Romance Fiction
Author :Oswald Pereira

About the Author : Oswald Pereira, a veteran journalist, is the author of the hugely popular novels, The Newsroom Mafia, Chaddi Buddies and The Krishna-Christ Connexion. His two other novels are the critically  acclaimed Revenge of the Naked Princess and Golmaal In Goa. Army Girl Steals Civilian’s Heart is his sixth novel. Oswald has worked in senior editorial positions for leading newspapers and maga
Amit Singh
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
army girl steals civilian’s heart…
Book Title: Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart
Author: Oswald Pereira
Format: Kindle
Total Number of Pages: 172
Publisher: Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited
Publishing Date: 21 Sept 2017
Printed Price: INR 120
ASIN: B075V2SGKB

This book, in particular, has all the traits to engage you in an amazing tale of love and positive vibes. Starting this book made me skeptical of how the story would build up. but believe me, this book will not disappoint you and will le
Amey mohite
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first novel by the Oswald Pereira. He has fantastically written the novel. Plot and the characters of the novel are well placed and perfectly portrait. The author has displayed the problems of a young couple which are bind with religious restrictions and traditions. The story is perfectly narrated as a third person. The story revolves around Amrita and Oscar. Amrita belongs to a family of colonels and army generals who has lived in a nuclear family. Whereas, Oscar belongs to a joint f ...more
John  Trident
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The cover is well designed, simple yet beautiful.
The title seems interesting & is apt with the story.
Theme is of unconditional love, despite of all the difficulties that a person might face in their lives, how they endure & overcome it no matter what life may throw at them. The book consists of various elements like love, pain, vivid emotions, packed details which makes us engrossed into it completely.
Story is bit typical on the inside out, yet it has a refreshing touch thanks to the aut
Aarohy Kapoor
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Before sharing the review of the book, I am sharing the reason why I chose to read this book. I instantly fell in love with the title of the book. I had heard of various stories where girls had fallen in love with army men but I was always keen to know the other way round story. And I finally found a book that I was looking for.

This is a simple love story that revolved around Oscar and Amrita. The male protagonist is very good reporter, a Catholic who lives in a huge joint family. The female pro
Reena Singh
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
'Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart' by Oswald Pereira has a longish title that I did not much care about, but it was precisely this that made me want to read it. For you see, I too am an army girl, coming from a Punjabi Army family. The older generation were all in the army, so I could relate to some of the army perceptions about civilian life that have been talked about in the book. That was so typical, and so funny -- at times.
I thought love stories were meant to have some terrible heartbreaki
Debolina Coomar
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rajan
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love in the time of communal tension and ghar vapsi. Its like fighting a herculean battle. Though the book is printed in 2017 period seems old. But the issue is evergreen. Inter religion marriages are always tricky.

Amrita Datta and Oscar Pereira are as different as chalk and cheese. She is an army officer daughter having loads of money. He is also from an erstwhile landowner family; but they were ruined due to drinking. She is an intern in the newspaper where he is a seasoned reporter. She is a
Jheelkamal Nayak
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A heartwarming story whose awesomeness lies in its simplicity, Army girl steals civilian heart is a love story of Amrita Datta, a well brought up & practical girl with an army background and Oscar Pereira, a handsome & warm hearted journalist and how they overcome the difficulties they faced because of their love for each other. The smooth narrative makes the story easy to read but doesn't capture the reader on tenterhooks. Oswald Pereira talks about religious coexistence and family prid ...more
Kavita Singh
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
“There are times when love isn’t lost, it gets all the more strengthened with the tangles of the extended relations that come with it. And with that entangled state, it stays put for life.”

Oswald Pereira has a typical love story in the novel “Army Girl Steals Civilian’s Heart”. However, sometimes typical love stories can still engage the readers as to what will happen next. The suspense of the ending, the journey of the couple, their experiences with the parents and relatives on the either side,
Saswati Rath
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it
When I heard about the title "Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart", I found it a bit bizarre from the terms army girl and civilian heart. But I started reading the tale I only surmised that these are perfect terms to describe it wonderfully.
Revolving around the love between two hearts, the two young reporters, taking culture, tradition and restrictions, must say, this tale is perfectly penned. A painful glimpse of two striving young hearts is focused on.
The characterisation is not bad though the p
Jalpa Makwana
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Here’s a beautiful interesting story of amrita, a girl from strong army family who joint as a trainee in newspaper and then she mate with the guy, a reporter then they fall in love with each other. Now the question is how they tackle the future problems? Will their parents accept their relation?
Story is simple predictable yet interesting one. One light read it is. Blurb reveals much information. Title is interesting. Cover is cute one. Story narration is beautiful and gripping one made me glued
Neha
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Army girl steals civilian's heart " Title is self explanatory. Book cover is also accompanying the title.
It's a amazing love story of two persons Amrita and Oscar who belong to different religion, culture and above all different manners. The story is described in a realistic manner that at the end of every chapter you will be excited to know what will happen next?
Some may find vocab problem but on the whole it is understood according to context and fitted appropriately.

Enjoyed reading this rom
Anukriti Malik
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-copy-2017
The story is a medium paced love story of Oscar Pereira, a civilian and Amrita Datta , an army child. Nothing very impressive about the story ,the usual cliche love story. They meet at Newstime , get to know each other , fall in love. The story then paces over in a typical way,where the couple faces difficulties in making their parents agree for the marriage and also problems in each other’s nature. The second half is basically their struggle to make their parent’s agree for their marriage.

For m
Lohitha
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
A simple love story where the boy and girl are from different cultures.the story starts with them meeting at the work place, falling in love,knowing each other more,convincing their parents for their marriage,and finally getting approval.People from different backgrounds need not sacrifice their lives, love instead put more efforts and have faith in love.And I wish everyone had a maasiji like the girl in the story had.I won't reveal it why, read the book and get to know that.Happy reading.
Somya Sahni
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it

" Twitter | Blog | Instagram

Your roots, your past ,are like beacons, guiding you towards a bright future ” – Alex Haley’s Roots

Marriage is , has and will always; for generations to come be a tough decision , and we Indians have made it tougher with all  our societal, religious, and economic division’s becoming a part of the decision making. A decision which already makes those two people sweat ( a choice which should depended on who the next person is not on the tags he/she carries)

So basically
rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2018
Fatema Gandhi
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I am the author of eight books, including six novels -- The Newsroom Mafia, Revenge of the Naked Princess, Chaddi Buddies, The Krishna-Christ Connexion, Golmaal In Goa and Army Girl Steals Civilian's Heart -- a self-help book How to Create Miracles in Our Daily Life and a book on true crime stories, Crime Patrol: The Most Thrilling Stories, co-authored with TV Superstar Annup Sonii.

My romance with