Start by marking “The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)

The Studying Hours

(How to Date a Douchebag #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  14,794 ratings  ·  1,713 reviews
CRUDE. ARROGANT. A**HOLE.
No doubt about it, Sebastian ‘Oz’ Osborne is the university’s most celebrated student athlete—and possibly the biggest douchebag. A walking, talking cliché, he has a filthy mouth, a fantastic body, and doesn’t give a sh*t about what you or anyone else thinks.

SMART. CLASSY. CONSERVATIVE.
Make no mistake, Jameson Clarke may be the university’s most d
Audible Audio, Unabridged , 9 pages
Published September 21st 2017 by Audible Studios (first published September 13th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Studying Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Studying Hours

·  14,794 ratings  ·  1,713 reviews

Christy
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!

description

How to Date a Douchebag: The Studying Hours is one of those books that has been on my TBR for FOREVER! It’s been recommended to me so many times, but I never found the time to fit it in. Thankfully, it became available on audio, so I got to it right away! I’m kicking myself for waiting so long to read this book! It’s been a while since I’ve read a great NA/college romance and this one really hit the spot!
“Sweetheart, Oz is a nickname. Haven’t you googled me yet?”Amused blue eyes ro
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
4 Stars

I'm finding it harder and harder to invest myself in college romances (and YA in general), unless the story is exceptionally unique. I’m not sure why that is, maybe it’s because I’ve read so many of them.

Or maybe…

Anyway, I didn’t pick this one up because it was a college romance. I picked it up because of the douchebag. Love me some jerks and all that.

This book is so cliché it's ridiculous:

A popular manwhore jock falls for a nerd (who is actually a little badass in disguise) after a DAR
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Jim + Oz STARS

description

The hilarious title cleverly sums up the storyline for this book. The hero, Sebastian 'Oz' Osbourne, who will slowly fall and see the heroine, Jameson Clark, as his everything by the end of the book. It may sound simple yet it takes our hero a while to catch on. Taking one arrogant, sex driven, college wrestler, and have him become interested in the sarcastic, cardigan wearing girl in the library, makes for one seriously entertaining love story!

Sebastian ‘Oz’ Osbourne is a se
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

College romance, what is it about these books that I love so much? Well let me tell you, this book was THE perfect example of what one should be. It had tension in spades, a gorgeous as all get out hero, who let's face it, is a douche with a capital D, and a heroine who had the absolute best snarky banter. No lie, she was amazing, and I was crushing on her big time.

Jameson AKA James, favours cardigans and pearl necklaces, loves to study a lot, and is a bit of a plain Jane.. on
Bibi
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
From my private notes: Met in the library. Jameson and Sebastian. Funny until it became tedious. I'm bored.

DNF@ 30%
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was ok, but I think it could've been better. Even though I did enjoy them -- it never really got all that deep into the characters. Anything of substance about their family life or background came in the form of short mentions in inner dialogue of past conversations. I think it would've been better if we experienced some of those conversations, instead of just being told about them. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable read. It was a pretty low drama, slow burn, friends
Mysza
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read
College NA?

Deliciously slow burn romance.

Hilarious banter.

Perfect sexual tension and chemistry.

Awesome characters and story so well done.

Loved it! You've got yourself a new fan Sara Ney. Looking forward to the next one.
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
5 unbelievably good stars

Attention: at around 56% don't give up:-)

Loved, loved, loved it.

The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1) was drama free, very funny, a lot of sexy, and sweet. Exactly what I needed to get out of my book funk.

A pearl necklace and cardigan wearing heroine, who was sassy and snarky and gave as good as she got.

A star wrestler with commitment issues who turned out to be a perfect example for a book boyfriend.

Those two couldn't have been more awesome. They were perf
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I'm not entirely sure what kept me away from reading this series for so long. Ok, let's face it - there are just too many books. T.T #bloggerproblems But I've been doing a lot of catching up on older releases lately and I've stumbled upon these audiobooks, picked this first one up... and the rest is history. I don't even know what to say about these. Lately I've been sucking at this reviewing business, so bare with me... ok, here goes:

➦It's been AGES since I've read a great college romance. Rac
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK
Enter giveaway HERE!

I'm equal parts kicking myself for not reading this sooner and grateful to my friend for talking me into giving it a shot. I have no clue why I thought this series was set in High School but that's what was keeping me away and I was so wrong. Yes, I can admit when I'm wrong.

I ended up really liking these characters and their stories. James kind of proves that what you see isn't always what you get. Oz took one look at her and assumed she was
Carmen Rae
Now that is how you write a college sports romance. Oh my god I feel like I have been wandering the desert looking for water waiting to read this book. All the ones I have read recently have been so hit and miss and sadly more miss than hit that by the half way mark of this book I was almost scared to keep reading incase it was all going to go to shit because I am sure I would have broken down into huge, ugly, fist wailing sobs (not pretty people) but damn did Sara Ney nail this so hard.

I don’t
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Even though I enjoyed this book and found some parts quite funny, it felt like it was missing something pretty much the entire way through. The characters felt very immature and over the top crude and were severely underdeveloped - the author only ever touched the surface, never showing any real depth.

The writing was pretty good (ignoring the good amount of editing issues I noticed), I found the chapter quotes very funny, and there were some rather sweet moments. But for me it really lacked the
Rhea_Sways
I know!!! I KNOW!!!

What was I thinking? Seriously did I have my brain replaced with piss?
Possibly..

Just look at the fucking title I should be running away...

I apparently thought it was a great idea to read the damn thing

I do not know if this is normal.. However, sometimes I get this incredibly violent and disturbing thoughts..
You know those of aggression and insane frustration which makes me want to force the other person to understand the extent of my feelings..
like this idiot:

or authors wh
Paige
4 "Oswald and Jim" Stars

So I'm going to admit that I've waited to read this one because the rating on GR was below 4. I know that might make me seem a tad ridiculous to some but when there are so many books published every day, I have to set some a standard in which to choose books. But with book 2 coming out and several of my trusted reviewer buddies being so excited about it, I said heck with it and dove in. I'm SO GLAD I did! The Studying Hours was witty and fun and different and so well writ
Anne OK
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
I realize I'm once again in the minority here. I really really wanted to love this book. The characters really grabbed hold of me. The cover was cute and different enough that it caught my eye immediately. The story had great appeal and it was one of those books where it felt like it coulda, shoulda, woulda been one of those off-the-chart 5 star reads. The banter and sexual innuendoes were quite witty and entertaining.

But -- yes, I had some bigger problems. Main thing was the rush to the end an
Stacey is Sassy
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, yeah, I loved the Douchebag by the end

I was just whining today, that it frustrates me that the hero has to start out as a douchewaffle. Ok, I kind of get it. How bloody awesome is it when you get to see the finished product and you can't help but love him.

I really enjoyed The Studying Hours. Yes, I initially had issues with Sebastian/Oz but I understood where he was coming from. I was literally experiencing the same dumbfounded surprise that James was suffering from. Could a wrestler be f
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Amazing omg I couldn't stop laughing and it was sexy :)) I loved this couple so much <333 REVIEW TO COME

Michelle
I need some study time with Oz.

I 've seen this book around over the last few months and seen some of my friends luv it so I just had to read it. The title is just brilliant and grab me straight away. Once I started the book it was hard to put down. I luvd the lil quotes at the start of every chapter they were so good. I was dyin to see what the author would write next haha. The story was really good I enjoyed seeing these characters get to together and see there feelings grow. Even though they
Book-Bosomed  blog
DNF @15%

DNF Explanation: I know the title should be a clue but having read the author’s Three Little Lies series which has the most swoonworthy heroes, I had high hopes for the hero in this one. But Oz gets blow jobs and has sex with other girls all in the same heartbeat that he’s also intrigued by the heroine, encounters that the h either sees or can infer. Specially, when Oz acted like a total ass at @15% saying, “Instead of a blow job, I fuck the shit out of her [OW] against the wall. Because
Dilek VT
Every now and then, a college/sports romance hits all the right spots and I love them. This is one of them. I loved this book very much despite my age of 50!

*It is funny... hilarious at times.
*It is witty, full of good banter.

*The hero is a man-whore but the heroine gives as good as she gets. She is a sassy, witty, smart heroine with a brilliant sense of humor.

*There is no stupid angst.

*There is no cheating but beware! When you read the sex scene with another person, do not throw your book away,
Alex ♈
I won’t rate this book.
Because I knew that it wasn’t safe and I knew what happened at 15% would make me mad.

But I was curious.

Well, I must admit the book is brilliantly written, really really captivating; the writing itself deserves 5 stars. But not the story, btw. not the male character.

He was a douchebag. Ok, it was clear from the title :-), but also an a*shole and jerk!

The heroine was very likable, sassy bright girl (NOT a virgin!!! :-)). My only issue with her was her attraction to the her
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

I really enjoyed this college rom-com. It’s the first sports romance I’ve read about wrestlers. Personally, I’ve never been a fan of wrestling. Big sweaty guys, grabbing each other in headlocks like elementary kids in a playground fight, rolling around on mats, and pinning each other down? Meh. And those unitard thingies they wear? I don’t care how much junk they show, they just aren’t sexy to me. I guess I’m in the minority because all the girls on campus get lady boners over the wrest
Michelle
5 Stars!!!
Mouse, meet cat. Meow.~Oz

Loved this one!! Enemies to lovers vibe and best friends to lovers. Oz was a cocky, sexy, sex obsessed wrestler full of tats.

Jameson was a cardigan wearing, sassy, sexy, studying, highlighting fool who was not falling for the douchebag Oz! Well....I guess she's aloud to change her mind. lol

“A little friendly advice?” Her pouty lips part and I’m drawn to them as they mutter, “Never judge a girl by her cardigan,” just loud enough for me to hear.~Jameson

Loved the
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

This is a book I've been seeing around the interwebs, lots of book friends have loved this one. I thought this book was an excellent escape from reality and a quick and fun read! I'm not going to write an official longer review, but I highly recommend this if you are a college/sports romance reader, this will check all of your boxes! I am so excited for the next book coming out soon :)
Adriana Locke
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My fellow alpha lovers - gather round for this important announcement.
This is a book you must read. So wickedly funny. Ridiculously entertaining. If you like the jerks as much as I do, you will go head-over-heels in love with How To Date A Douchebag!
I started this one late one night and had to move to the couch so I didn't wake up my husband. Such an enjoyable, funny read!
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

It was super cute!

Review to come...
Meags
4.5 Stars

This series title is so ridiculously apt, and I think many will agree, it’s the reason most of us picked (or will pick) this story up.

Often in romance reads, we get sold the promise of a truly arrogant asshole MC, but we rarely get much more than some astounding good looks and overpowering cockiness, with very little in the way of natural transition from unlikeable prick to complex, loveable hero.

Thankfully, we actually get what we’re promised here, because this story is legitimately
Bindi Boo
4 stars

LOVED the banter and friends to lovers story.
Seemed a bit annoying at one point when they both kept ignoring their feelings, but hey, they're 21! Also if you're not a fan of reading about the hero getting jiggy with other girls, best to stay away from this book as he does A LOT of that while keeping an eye on the heroine.
Overall, a fun read. Had a few laughs and was otherwise well written!
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Isn't How to Date a Douchebag a catchy series title? Truthfully speaking, it's the main reason why I'm interested diving in the series and it's been circulating around the blogosphere. I'm more sold when I found out it's a college sports romance. The Studying Hours is the first novel in the series and it's about Sebastian "Oz" Osbourne and Jameson Clark.

Sebastian/Oz is a famous wrestler in the university. With his charming looks and sexy body, he's an eye-candy but he's arrogant, cocky and lewd.

• Hail Mary
  • Maverick
  • #Hater (Hashtag, #2)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Jersey Girl (Sticks & Hearts, #1)
  • Bad Reputation (Bad Boys of Sports, #1)
  • On the Fly (Las Vegas Sinners, #1)
  • Heat (Elements of Chemistry, #2; Hypothesis, #1.2)
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • The Friend Zone (Game On, #2)
  • Win Some, Lose Some
  • You Can't Catch Me
  • Undecided (Burnham College, #1)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Lingus
  • The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)
  • Thin Love (Thin Love, #1)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British.

How to Date a Douchebag (5 books)
  • The Failing Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #2)
  • The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3)
  • The Coaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #4)
  • The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)
“I know you love me.” Wistful and filled with wonder. “I love you, too.”

Somehow, it’s not enough. “For real though, babe. The only person I love more than you is myself.”

A loud laugh fills the otherwise darkened room. “Oh my god, tell me you did not just say that.”

Am I missing something here? “What’s so damn funny? I’m being serious.”

“The only person you love more than me is you?”

“Yeah, so?”

“You’re ridiculous.”

“But you love me?”

“So much.”
13 likes
“Shhhh,” she admonishes. “Quiet please. When you talk, it makes me want to slap some sense into you.” Her” 12 likes