Start by marking “Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)

Secrets, Spells & Murder

(Little Shop of Spells #1)

Trouble is brewing in the small town of Silver Moon Falls.

Resident witch, Maddie Goodcharm, is accused of hexing the townsfolk. So not true! Maddie loves her town and its people, well, most of them anyway. When one of the townsfolk dies in suspicious circumstances, Maddie becomes the main suspect in a murder investigation.

But that isn’t her only problem. During a pract
Published September 22nd 2017 by BOCHOK Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, Spells & Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets, Spells & Murder

Start your review of Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)
Donna
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a fun book. I loved that all her spells were nice spells and that she refused to do hexes. I am curious about Jason and his predicament. I like him and think he could be good for Maddie. I will most likely read the next book in the series because I want to know more about Jason.
Rebecca
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Barely a 3

I had been rather enjoying this one but then I had two big issues with the ending. First, the sleuth didn't figure it out. The killer revealed themselves. I despise that technique because usually it's a cheat to keep from providing sufficient clues in the story. On top of that, it ended with a hook for the next book. So I'm thoroughly frustrated and aargh over it. Cheap tricks don't make readers want to come back.
Krystyna
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listening, spells and murder

A terrific first book. The plot is one based on greed, magic and secrets. The witch, who is our man character, is powerful in potions and lotions ad tries to live a life as normal as possible.
The mayor and his compatriots have been trying to close her shop down for ages up she has had the support of most of the normal residents of her town. However feelings start changing when she is accused of sending a hexed item to an opponent of hers. When the woman turns up dead
Natalie
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All Wrap Into One!

What an awesome book! Jannie Nell is a new author to me, and I'm so happy that my book club chose this book to read! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! It was full of mystery, excitement, and possibly, a little bit of love? I can't wait to begin book 2, and I hope that Jason can be set free! Here is a quote that I really feel sums up my feeling of a romance blossoming, "The Equinox was less than two weeks away. My spirits soared with the hope that one day very soon I’d be
Jody Joy
Secrets, witches, revenge, and potions. The mayor of this little town and his followers are trying to get the witches potion shop shut down, because they all believe she is dabbling in some type of crazy curses, but she isn't. The only thing she did was she accidentally stuck a man in a tree, but she is working on a potion to get him out. It makes for a good first cozy book by the author. I felt the book slow down in a couple of areas but I did enjoy this cozy overall.
A_Friend
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, Spells & Murder

Awesome read with awesome characters and storyline. Witch does good spells and has a shop, of course some people are totally against the “witchcraft”. Two murders happen after receiving “bad spells”. Totally must read to figure this one out! Definitely a must read!!
Paul Hefka
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun.

I chose this book at random as I sometimes do. I was pleasantly surprised. I found the story and characters to intriguing and engaging. It leaves the reader guessing as to whom the killer was. The story was a good reminder of how ugly people can be when scared. This book is definitely worth reading.
Kimberly Kerr
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This is a free book on kobo and I really enjoyed this read. It was fast paced, fun, and kept me guessing with who did it! The only thing that kept me from rating it 4.5 stars was the few pop culture references that were in the story, which is an element I personally dont enjoy. Otherwise a great and cozy read
Yvonne vincent
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite a good read if you can get over th,e spells and magic bit. It passed a couple of hours.

Quite a good read if you can get over the spells and magic bit. It passed a couple of hours

Sara
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very charming!!

One of the best witchy cozy mysteries I’ve read in ages. This was very well written, with fun characters and a good mystery that kept me guessing. The details of the town and witches were very fun and interesting. Absolutely enjoyed this one!
Victoria
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading so many supernatural cozy mysteries, a lot of them end up seeming pretty similar. This definitely wasn't one of them! There were a lot of classic witchy elements, but so many original ideas, too.
Josie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spells and mystery

Sweet cozy with witches and murder. It was a typical cozy, but with a surprise twist. Interesting characters and a great murder mystery, but the back story makes this so worth reading and is going to keep me reading the series.
Erna Van
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, spell & Murder

I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. Lots of action, twists and turns, a spunky witch and family who cares for one another. I had to read the book in one sitting, just couldn't put it down until the last word was read. Thank you for a lovely book.
Shauna Morrison
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this mystery novel. I loved Maddie, the town dynamic, and the fact that witches are out in the open running their business like everyone else.

This was just a great story and I couldn't put it down.
Andy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this greatly. Neat characters, best setting.
Peggy
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not even close

Okay, I love a good mystery and this one was awesome. I was not even close identifying the killer. Looking forward to book2.
Janet
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
very good
Evonne Hutton
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A delightful witchy cozy!
An innocent witch gets blamed for hexes made by her cousin.
The town is in a uproar and that even before the murders
good story line and well worth reading
Stephanie
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Great Magical Cozy Mystery!
Joanie Over
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I couldn't stop reading. Can't wait to read the others. I recommend these books. Kept me guessing to the end.
Julie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A good story with excellent intrigue and well developed characters.
Virginia
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, ebook
Jennifer Laird-Lord
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book, I enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what happens with Maddie and Jason.
Sandra
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
It was OK fast read
PeggyAnn Cramer
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun little read.

If you like the cozy paranormal mysteries, this is a good book. It kept me interested throughout the whole thing.
Trudi Jorda
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
An enjoyable mystery with 2 murders- almost 3 and a group of witches with a lot of twists and turns and a host of unusual characters. And a nice person who wake monthly from a tree! No spoilers!
Sherry McWilliams
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and the characters. Love Maddie and the other wacky characters in the story. I will be reading more Janni Nell stories.
Lynn
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute who done it witchy cozy mystery. I enjoyed this book.
Flo Tinsman
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

Very well written. Couldn't put the book down. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, in fact enjoyed it so much that I have ordered the next book in the series.
Jeannie
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. A paranormal cozy mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Enter the Witch (Witches of Whisper Grove Book 1)
  • Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery #1)
  • Destiny's a Witch (Wicked Good Mystery #1)
  • Witch You Wouldn't Believe (A Lemon Tea Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Tea & Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #1)
  • Beached & Bewitched (A Magic Island Paranormal Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Book Of Ill Deeds (Witches Of Castle Falls #1)
  • Magic Bites (Cozy Witch Mysteries Book 1)
  • Witchin' Impossible (Witchin' Impossible #1)
  • The Case of the Love Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mysteries #0)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics #1)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (Witch Woods Funeral Home, #1)
  • A Murder Spells Trouble (The Kilorian Sisters: A Witches of Shadow Lake Mystery Book 1)
  • The Case of the Wayward Witch (A Katy Kramer Cozy Mystery No. 1) (Katy Kramer Cozy Mysteries)
  • Pixie Me Up (Newborn Pixie Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Charm School: A Witches Three Cozy Mystery (The Witches Three Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Pancakes and Pleas (Day and Night Diner Series #1)
  • A Tough Case to Crack (Nuts About Nuts Mystery #1)
Janni Nell has worked as a personal assistant, receptionist and sales clerk. When she isn’t writing, you can find her on the yoga mat, at dance class or in the garden.

Janni is hard at work on her next book.

Little Shop of Spells (3 books)
  • Magic, Markets & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #2)
  • Potions, Popstars & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #3)