Start by marking “Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)

Secrets, Spells & Murder

(Little Shop of Spells #1)

Trouble is brewing in the small town of Silver Moon Falls.

Resident witch, Maddie Goodcharm, is accused of hexing the townsfolk. So not true! Maddie loves her town and its people, well, most of them anyway. When one of the townsfolk dies in suspicious circumstances, Maddie becomes the main suspect in a murder investigation.

But that isn’t her only problem. During a pract
Published September 22nd 2017 by BOCHOK Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, Spells & Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets, Spells & Murder

Start your review of Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)
Donna
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a fun book. I loved that all her spells were nice spells and that she refused to do hexes. I am curious about Jason and his predicament. I like him and think he could be good for Maddie. I will most likely read the next book in the series because I want to know more about Jason.
Michaela Tayir Tetteh
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It's sad to see people who are rude and judgemental but in the end the truth came out. I'm glad that's been resolved and so would the other problem. ...more
Rebecca
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Barely a 3

I had been rather enjoying this one but then I had two big issues with the ending. First, the sleuth didn't figure it out. The killer revealed themselves. I despise that technique because usually it's a cheat to keep from providing sufficient clues in the story. On top of that, it ended with a hook for the next book. So I'm thoroughly frustrated and aargh over it. Cheap tricks don't make readers want to come back.
Krystyna
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listening, spells and murder

A terrific first book. The plot is one based on greed, magic and secrets. The witch, who is our man character, is powerful in potions and lotions ad tries to live a life as normal as possible.
The mayor and his compatriots have been trying to close her shop down for ages up she has had the support of most of the normal residents of her town. However feelings start changing when she is accused of sending a hexed item to an opponent of hers. When the woman turns up dead
Natalie
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All Wrap Into One!

What an awesome book! Jannie Nell is a new author to me, and I'm so happy that my book club chose this book to read! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! It was full of mystery, excitement, and possibly, a little bit of love? I can't wait to begin book 2, and I hope that Jason can be set free! Here is a quote that I really feel sums up my feeling of a romance blossoming, "The Equinox was less than two weeks away. My spirits soared with the hope that one day very soon I’d be
Jody Joy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Secrets, witches, revenge, and potions. The mayor of this little town and his followers are trying to get the witches potion shop shut down, because they all believe she is dabbling in some type of crazy curses, but she isn't. The only thing she did was she accidentally stuck a man in a tree, but she is working on a potion to get him out. It makes for a good first cozy book by the author. I felt the book slow down in a couple of areas but I did enjoy this cozy overall. ...more
Sharon M. Turner
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Silver Moon Falls

Deaths are happening at the Falls and Maddie feels responsible because of hexes they have
received. Maddie feels responsible because her cousin is the creator of the troublesome hexes, that are supposed to inconvenience the victim but not really hurt them. What could have gone this really wrong? She knows just how wrong a spell can go. Read to see what happens. You'll never guess who the killer is!
Kimberly Kerr
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This is a free book on kobo and I really enjoyed this read. It was fast paced, fun, and kept me guessing with who did it! The only thing that kept me from rating it 4.5 stars was the few pop culture references that were in the story, which is an element I personally dont enjoy. Otherwise a great and cozy read
A_Friend
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, Spells & Murder

Awesome read with awesome characters and storyline. Witch does good spells and has a shop, of course some people are totally against the “witchcraft”. Two murders happen after receiving “bad spells”. Totally must read to figure this one out! Definitely a must read!!
Paul Hefka
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun.

I chose this book at random as I sometimes do. I was pleasantly surprised. I found the story and characters to intriguing and engaging. It leaves the reader guessing as to whom the killer was. The story was a good reminder of how ugly people can be when scared. This book is definitely worth reading.
Eileen Hammond
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Civilians and witches live side-by-side, and they get along fairly well until someone starts hexing people. Unfortunately, Maddie is the chief suspect and that’s bad for business. Good friends, family members, and a love interest work to help her uncover the murderer and regain her status in the community.
Lesley Hewitt
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Really good

A really lovely cozy paranormal mystery. Secrets and murders. Three elderly women have a secret, they are also on the Rockwell foundation, someone sends Hexes to them and it's up to Maddie a good witch to find out why. This book was well worth five stars I can't wait to read the next book to see what happens next.
Sara
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very charming!!

One of the best witchy cozy mysteries I’ve read in ages. This was very well written, with fun characters and a good mystery that kept me guessing. The details of the town and witches were very fun and interesting. Absolutely enjoyed this one!
Yvonne vincent
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite a good read if you can get over th,e spells and magic bit. It passed a couple of hours.

Quite a good read if you can get over the spells and magic bit. It passed a couple of hours

Josie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spells and mystery

Sweet cozy with witches and murder. It was a typical cozy, but with a surprise twist. Interesting characters and a great murder mystery, but the back story makes this so worth reading and is going to keep me reading the series.
Victoria
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading so many supernatural cozy mysteries, a lot of them end up seeming pretty similar. This definitely wasn't one of them! There were a lot of classic witchy elements, but so many original ideas, too. ...more
Shauna Morrison
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this mystery novel. I loved Maddie, the town dynamic, and the fact that witches are out in the open running their business like everyone else.

This was just a great story and I couldn't put it down.
Erna Van
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, spell & Murder

I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. Lots of action, twists and turns, a spunky witch and family who cares for one another. I had to read the book in one sitting, just couldn't put it down until the last word was read. Thank you for a lovely book.
Bernadette Hutton
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Twists and turns

Magic, mayhem, strangeness and those who do not want to believe. Maddie is the only witch in town when it looks like witchcraft has murdered folk. A good story, great characters and some side stories too. Bring on the next book.
Paula Elofson-Gardine
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great stoty

This was a good whodunit. Two things though...She stopped the story before letting the situation resolve about Jason the tree man or the adopted son of Jane the horrible person. Darn it!
MGB
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable read with a nice combination of small town, magic, mystery and sleuthing. You never know what a witch can do when she sets her mind to it. Solving murders is necessary to ensure that her life continues and people accept her magic.
Barrie Davis
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
An engrossing read.

A great somewhat different storyline filled with relatable characters and lots of twists and turns to keep you turning pages, easy fun read with lots of surprises, recommend read, Baz.
Shelby
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love cozies

Not only do I love cozies, but I love urban fantasy, too. This is the best of both worlds. A nice fuzzy cozy about witches. My only complaint - needs more cats!
Nealean Austin
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Good Story

The storyline is good. The number of characters were a little confusing, but this was all right because all of them were very interesting. The story kept me interested from beginning to end. I really enjoyed read this story.
Andy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this greatly. Neat characters, best setting.
Sherry McWilliams
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and the characters. Love Maddie and the other wacky characters in the story. I will be reading more Janni Nell stories.
Evonne Hutton
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A delightful witchy cozy!
An innocent witch gets blamed for hexes made by her cousin.
The town is in a uproar and that even before the murders
good story line and well worth reading
Jennifer Laird-Lord
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book, I enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what happens with Maddie and Jason. ...more
Julie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A good story with excellent intrigue and well developed characters.
Janet
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
very good

• Witch You Wouldn't Believe (A Lemon Tea Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Charm School (The Witches Three Cozy Mysteries, #1)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries #1)
  • Enter the Witch (Witches of Whisper Grove Book 1)
  • Magic Bites (Cozy Witch Mysteries Book 1)
  • Pawsitively Poisonous (Witch of Edgehill, #1)
  • Of Potions and Portents (Sister Witches of Raven Falls Cozy Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Destiny's a Witch (Wicked Good Mystery #1)
  • Witchin' Impossible (Witchin' Impossible Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Stiff in the Sand (Cape Hope Mysteries Book 1)
  • Scent of a Killer (Ella Sweeting Aromatherapy #1)
  • Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery #1)
  • Merry Little Mystic Murder (Phoebe Monday Paranormal Cozies Book 1)
  • Unbaked Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #0)
  • The Case of the Love Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mysteries #0)
  • Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead (ToadWitch, #1)
  • The Book Of Ill Deeds (Witches Of Castle Falls #1)
  • Coffee & Corpses (Connie Cafe Mystery Series #1)
Janni Nell has worked as a personal assistant, receptionist and sales clerk. When she isn’t writing, you can find her on the yoga mat, at dance class or in the garden.

Janni is hard at work on her next book.

Little Shop of Spells (3 books)
  • Magic, Markets & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #2)
  • Potions, Popstars & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #3)

News & Interviews

'Tis the season of the beach read, that herald of summer sun and vacation vibes! Whether you're the type of reader who has very strict rules...