Start by marking “I Am Magical (magnifiqueNOIR, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Am Magical (magnifiqueNOIR, #1)

I Am Magical (magnifiqueNOIR, #1)

"The revolution will be magical"

There’s a city. It’s like most other cities. Buildings. People. Monsters who can destroy sidewalks by vomiting acid onto the ground, and an elite group of black, queer, magical girls who work to put those monsters in their place.

See? Just like most other cities.

Bree Danvers would’ve compared it to a video game, maybe a cartoon or comic book,
Published September 30th 2017 by Sewn Together Reflections

To ask other readers questions about I Am Magical, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Magical

Start your review of I Am Magical (magnifiqueNOIR, #1)
BadassCmd
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was provided for free as the August's Sapphic Book Club read hosted by sapphicbookclub.

"Half-naked girl coming to tell you to eat cake with her? Whose erotic fanfiction is this?"

This book is really sweet. It's rainbows, glitter and cupcakes - quite literally. A magical girl anime come to life, but with the cast beeing black queer girls.
I had fun with this read because it was something entirely different and new, but it didn't capture me in the end as much as I wanted it to.

The
Sophia
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was Sapphic Book Club's August book of the month. http://sapphicbookclub.tumblr.com/

I had a lot of fun with this one. It was an entertaining take on magical girls. I liked the distinct powers between all the magical girls and how those tied in with their everyday interests. Powers such as Galactic Purple's exploding cupcakes when she works a job as a baker and Cosmic Green's pixelated powers in connection to her love of gaming and all things geeky were fun reflections of their
Jasmin
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was read for Sapphic Book Club, hosted by sapphicliterature.

This was an absolutely wonderful read. I enjoyed it greatly, and when that happens I usually bother my friend who doesn't know what I'm talking about but I just need to gush about cute things with someone. I must be an annoying friend. But this book truly deserved that with gorgeous characters and flowing writing style, it had plenty of elements I liked.

While this was a story about magical girls (or more like a beginning of
Conrad Zero
Plenty here to squee about. Pop culture gamer references, fast paced action, fun, food, feelings, flirting, fashion, family, fantastic monsters, and geek graphics galore.

Oh, and more queer, black, magical heroines than you could shake a game controller at. At a pajama party. Eating cake. Magical, yes?

This "Part One" suggests more to come. So read I Am Magical for the achievement unlock, and pray for the next level in this must-read series.
Max
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
This book was August's Sapphic Book Club read hosted by http://sapphicbookclub.tumblr.com/.

I loved this book! The characters were all so fun and the conflicts between them felt very real. I really liked the different ways their families reacted to their powers. The fighting scenes were wonderful, I loved how unique their powers were (exploding cupcakes?? love that) and how they related to their personalities.

The art was very cute and it was nice to have a visual on what the girls looked like!

The
Tanja
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ich war schon immer ein Magical Girl Fan und schreibe selbst gerne solche Geschichten. Auf der Suche nach anderen Autor_innen in diesem Genre bin ich auf I am Magical gestoßen und es hat mich verzaubert. Ich liebe die Figuren, die Geschichte, die kleinen Anime Anspielungen und die Comics und Zeichnungen im Buch. Genau das richtige für Fans von Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure und generell Magical Girl Animes.
............................
4.5 stars. Review to come on Just Love Reviews
Thistle & Verse
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I heard about this book online, and for some reason, I thought it was a graphic novel, but it's a book with illustrations and mini-comics inside. The format is almost like a collage or mixed-media piece but in written/ book form. I can tell that the authors and illustrators put a lot of heart into this book. In shows about girl groups, it's common for each girl to fill a trope, but all the characters felt fresh and real. My personal favorites were Marianna and Lonnie. Bree makes a lot of pop ...more
Jacob Rundle
Amber Graham

• The Stars and the Blackness Between Them
  • Filter House
  • Hiddensee: A Tale of the Once and Future Nutcracker
  • Behind These Doors (Radical Proposals #1)
  • The Marriage Clock
  • Space Opera
  • Black AF: America's Sweetheart
  • The Black God's Drums
  • It’s All Good: Ändere deine Perspektive und du änderst deine Welt
  • The Wonder of All Things
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
At the age of nine, like most kids, Briana Lawrence had a dream. She wanted to be the best “WRITTER” in the whole wide world. Her fourth grade class laughed and wondered how one hoped to become a “writer” if they couldn’t even spell the word. Back then her stories were created with crayons and construction paper. As she grew older they progressed into notebooks and colored ink pens of pink, blue, ...more