Start by marking “Marlon Bundo's Day in the Life of the Vice President” as Want to Read:
Marlon Bundo's Day in the Life of the Vice President

Marlon Bundo's Day in the Life of the Vice President

(Marlon Bundo's Day #1)

From the moment he hopped into the home of America's "Second Family," black-and-white bunny rabbit Marlon Bundo captured the hearts of Vice President Mike Pence, his wife Karen, and his children Michael, Charlotte, and Audrey. But little Marlon Bundo isn't just a family pet: like Peter Rabbit and Bugs Bunny before him, Marlon—or BOTUS (Bunny of the United States)—is a nati ...more
Published March 19th 2018 by Regnery Kids

Be the first to ask a question about Marlon Bundo's Day in the Life of the Vice President

David Schaafsma
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picturebooks
Okay, I'll admit I bought this book on kindle by mistake, looking for John Oliver's gay-friendly version of this story, and I very much dislike Mike Pence's politics and his stance on glbtq issues, so I wasn't even going to read it, but I just read that Charlotte Pence bought Oliver's book, so in the spirit of good will, I will say a couple things about this book.

Marlon Bundo is the Pence pet bunny, and writing about the life of the Vice President's family is a perfectly fine idea for a childre
Kasey Bennett
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ugh.

Okay, first things first: I do not support the current administration. I disagree with a lot of their policies. That being said, I am putting that aside and reviewing this book for what it is - a kid’s picture book - not a political issue. Second, I did not buy this book. I was able to preview it at work. Third, I only read this because of the latest episode (3/18/18) of “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.”

Okay, let’s get into this.

Positive: The illustrations are rather good. It adds a plea
Manybooks
While I do and very readily, if not gladly admit that I absolutely and totally despise American Vice President Mike Pence's extreme and reactionary religious fanaticism (as it kind of majorly reminds me of both the Taliban and ISIS, especially with regard to his attitudes about women's rights and his paranoid and totally vile hatred and fear of alternative forms of sexuality), the reason I am giving Charlotte Pence's Marlon Bundo's Day in the Life of the Vice President (which truth be told was a ...more
Christopher Highline
Mar 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
I haven’t actually read this book but Mike Pence is an ass clown that spreads hate. Soooo I hate his book. Go read #betterbundobook. That book is amazing!
Pamela ✨I Blame Wizards✨
For the sake of fairness, I thought I should read Marlon Bundo's Day in the Life of the Vice President (You can read my review of A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo here). Despite not particularly wanting to financially support a family whose views I find so abhorrent, the proceeds for this picture book do go to a good, non-religious cause so I didn't see any harm in buying an eBook version of it. I am going to review this as I would any other book, putting aside any political views I may have, ...more
Allison Tebo
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A charming little book featuring the darling pet bunny, Marlon Bundo! Illustrated by the vastly talented Second Lady of the United States, Mrs. Karen Pence's career art therapy is clear in these illustrations, full of soothing and loose watercolors. Written in a loosely rhyming style with some fun facts by the Vice President's gracious daughter, Charlotte Pence. I especially liked the emphasis on Mike Pence's faith and his nightly reading of the Holy Bible.

"At last he gets out his Bible,
And he
ALLEN
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Reviewer's Note: Recently I was challenged to review this book for Goodreads, having already had a whack at its Doppelganger, Jill Twiss's A DAY IN THE LIFE OF MARLON BUNDO. (That one actually was published a day ahead of this one, MARLON BUNDO'S DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT by Charlotte Pence, illustrated by Karen Pence.) With hundreds of reviews already on file here and elsewhere, a fresh approach seemed impossible -- until, with apologies to Rudyard Kipling, Ogden Nash and MAD magazi ...more
Denise
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful story!

Charlotte Pence has given us a precious gift - a look at the life of the Vice President's family serving the country in Washington, D.C. from the perspective of her pet, a rabbit named Marlon Bundo. Charlotte's mother, Karen Pence, did a wonderful job illustrating their family as seen from Marlon's perspective. I will be sending this book to the youngsters in our family.
Bill
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
All politics aside, this isn't a very good children's book. The idea of a bunny going to work is amusing, but the book lacks a sense of fun, wonder, or joy -- there's nothing in here to appeal to a child. It's basically about going to work. The artwork is passable, but there are way too many places where there's a missed opportunity to show something interesting. For example, at one point we see the rabbit looking off a patio and told he can see the Washington Monument and lots of student tours. ...more
Heather Herbst
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

Beautiful prose with rhyming words to describe the day in the life of the Vice President through the eyes of the Second Bunny. Beautiful watercolor illustrations grace the book. Wonderful of Mrs. Pence and her daughter to take their time to write and illustrate a book for children and proceeds will be donated to charity.
Jamie King
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🐰Good little story, nice drawings, easy language, and age appropriate.🐰
Elizabeth
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. Told from the point of view of a bunny rabbit, Pence presents a believable animal voice. It's common to find children's books where the animals talk like people, but this bunny maintains his light tone throughout. Marlon Bundo doesn't understand all the workings of political office—he doesn't need to—and he narrates the things he sees. This technique works very well for the topic: the vice president's job would be a difficult concept to explain to small children, b ...more
Valentine Horratio Ransome "Jeff the Killer" ~Phantom of the Library~ ~Mr Flirt~ ~FREAK~ ~Little Miss Political Agenda~ ~WIZARD!~ ~Sunshine~
I'm actually never going to read this.

Charlotte doesn't actually sound like a bad person. Apparently she bought John Oliver's version and said she was glad to support a good cause.

I have given this a low rating because I am anti-Pence. I can never support someone who hates me for who I essentially am. I'm LGBT+ and proud of it. Haters shut up! We are who we are and we are never going to change.
Heather K Graf
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written story. Amazing illustrations!

This book is a cute story about a day in the life of the vice president. It is well written with humor and facts. The pictures are very beautiful and really add to the books charm. Thanks for sharing this gem of a book.
Tisha (IG: Bluestocking629)
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.75 carrots

What a cute little book, about a bunny (that looks just like Goober a bunny I had) and his day at the White House.

It's a children's book not a political book. There is no mention of Republicans or Democrats. There is talk of carrot eating and tail wagging, I see from the low rating some folks may have been offended by this. Again it's a children's book, so...

There is no real moral like some kid's books I've read but it does provide some information to teach kids about where the US
Jackie White
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cover-love, my-babies
Adorable! And I got my copies just in time for Easter baskets! What a fun journey through the White House and with the most gorgeous illustrations. Very pleased!
Abigail
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Readers Interested in the Ways that Politics & Children's Literature Intersects
Marlon Bundo, the cute little black and white bunny companion of the vice presidential family, narrates this sing-song narrative about a day in the life of his 'Grandpa,' Vice President Mike Pence. From waking up at their home in the Naval Observatory, through many meetings in various important government buildings - the West Wing of the White House, the EEOB (Eisenhower Executive Office Building), etc. - to the evening reading of the Bible, Marlon Bundo follows the Vice President from dawn unti ...more
Ben Truong
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Caveat: Although I'm Canadian, I do not and will never support many of the things that the current (Trump) administration stands for. However, I could separate my political views and push it aside to review a children's picture book.

Marlon Bundo's Day in the Life of the Vice President is a children's picture book written by Charlotte Pence and illustrated by Karen Pence which focus on their family pet rabbit, Marlon Bundo, and through his eyes, we are to learn what the role of the Vice Preside
Daniel
Mar 20, 2018 added it
0 stars. 🌈
Greta is Erikasbuddy
I found out about this book on Jon Oliver. His book is on request from the library but I read this one at Wal-mart because I was stranded there for 2.5 hours.

I did not go into this book with a political agenda. I went into this book thinking "How well a kid would like this".

I thought it was super cute and I think Mike Pence's wife is super talented with the illustrations. I think any kid would like it no matter what their parents are.

Who doesn't like a bunny?
Nathan
May 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-05-may
The rhyme... terrible. Not witty. Often forced. The meter is also terrible. On a plot level, it's boring. I was open-minded, but I ended up unimpressed. I like some rhyming verse. This was not well written.
Diane
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Kind of boring especially in light of the other Marlon Bundo book.
Dave Peiser
Jul 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Fake news.
jb Byrkit
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A charming book about a day in the life of a very famous and cute bunny. The illustrations were beautiful too.
Susan
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Did you know —

* that Vice President Mike Pence was Governor of Indiana prior to becoming VP?
* that the Pence family has a pet rabbit named Marlon Bundo?
* that VP Pence’s wife Karen is an artist and former art teacher?
* that their daughter Charlotte recently wrote a book from Marlon Bundo’s perspective?

From the time I learned that "Marlon Bundo’s A Day in the Life of The Vice President" would be coming out, I wanted a copy. It arrived this week, and I love it.

I have followed Marlon Bundo on
Arminzerella
While I'm not a fan of the current administration, I am a fan of bunnies. It may be too much to hope that Marlon Bundo, BOTUS (Bun of the United States) can unite our very conflicted nation. In this picture book, Marlon follows "grandpa" (Mike Pence, Vice President) through a typical day - visiting various offices and buildings and meeting people. It's a brief overview of what the Vice President does, but seems spot on for its audience, who will enjoy the watercolor illustrations and Marlon's ve ...more
Mayda
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marlon Bundo is a bunny with an important job. As “Bunny of the United States,” he helps out whenever he can, accompanying his grandpa, the vice-president. But an even more important job is teaching children a bit about the vice-president’s job, and what a day at work is like. Told in rhyme and illustrated with lovely watercolor drawings, children will get a glimpse of what the vice-president does, charming told by a beautiful bunny. This is a book that children will like and adults will appreci ...more
Anne Fine
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great little non-fiction book!

This is a really nice non-fiction book for smaller children. Informative and entertaining, it will hold Mom's or Dad's attention too. My kids loved the lovely pictures of Marlon Bundo visiting important locations with VP Pence, or "Grandpa". Pay no attention to the one-star reviewers. It is worth the read and it benefits a worthwhile cause. Thank you Ms. Pence and Mrs. Pence!
Jen
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is adorable! I bought it because I'm a bunny rescuer myself, and I love following Marlon's adventures on Instagram. Following a day in the life of the vice president through the eyes of a rabbit is a cute way to teach little kids about the vice president's job. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous.
Jes
I'm giving the book a 4 because I actually liked it. I hate Pence, but I loved the artwork. It's a lovely book that has an unfortunate last page and an unfortunate author. But I love rabbits, and Marlon Bundo is very pretty.
Charlotte Rose Pence is an American writer who is the middle daughter of the 48th Vice President of the United States Mike Pence. Pence graduated from DePaul University in June of 2016 with a BA in Digital Cinema Screenwriting and English Creative Writing. She also studied abroad at the University of Oxford. She was awarded a Regional Emmy for her work as Assistant Producer and Co-Writer on the do ...more

Marlon Bundo's Day (3 books)
  • Marlon Bundo's Day in the Nation's Capital