Start by marking “Awake Under the Night Sky” as Want to Read:
Awake Under the Night Sky

Awake Under the Night Sky

Librarian Note: The latest edition with updated cover of this title can be found HERE

Witness to the ravages of poverty and neglect, Vivian is driven by a purpose, in a world that seems to have lost its conscience. In the fires of loss, a young and fierce Andre has forged an iron will to succeed. His journey halfway across the world does not deter him, but only strengthe
Published September 13th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Awake Under the Night Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awake Under the Night Sky

Adeena Syed
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s been a long time since I felt sweet about a love story. This is one of those books which bring smiles on your face and butterflies in your stomach. Oh, I cannot say how much I love this pair of love birds Andre and Vivian, the sweetest and always-a-teenager kind of couple.
The story was lovely and predictable. Fast paced but when the couple was together it would get slow and in detail, their feelings, their thoughts, their every second is counted when they are together but a blur when they a
Natalie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an amazingly heartwarming and romantic story! This story gave me butterflies in my stomach and longing in my heart. So beautifully written and woven together. I couldn't put this book down, I just had to know what was going to happen. The characters are beautifully created and touched my heart and soul. The ending had me in tears of sorrow and was deeply touching. This is the loveliest romance I've read in a very long time.
Cathy Speight
This was a romance. A sweet and charming romance, but it lacked maturity, and reminded me more of a YA or serialised magazine story…in something like Woman’s Weekly or The Lady.

It’s a story of two young people who meet while they’re studying in India and fall deeply in love. But each have ambitions that drive them apart geographically. Vivian…to follow in the footsteps of her humanitarian grandmother, wanting to make a difference in third-world countries, and Andrea who has pledged to make a suc
Fiona Maguire
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looking for a love story that will have your heart racing give you goosebumps fall in love and want to cry this is the book for you. Amazingly written with so much detail you feel like your in the book your so absorbed. Two young people fall in love and the story is about how the love stays alive after so many years. It really makes you think about what you should do if you where in the situation. Gives you so much love for the world and understanding of what life can be like as Vivian works in ...more
Marie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To read full review at mariesbookboutique.wordpress.com/2018...

When I look at this front cover to this book, it takes me to a far away place. It's simply stunning the way the cover has been split in to two half's. At the to a young couple are having a cuddle under a starry sky, looking completely comfortable and at ease with each other. Under the title a woodland, a lake with a row-boat bobbing in the middle and buildings poking through the tops of the trees. The author's name is situated in the
Ramona
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve found another new author that I look forward to reading more books by. This is a well written book. I would highly recommend this book to everyone. I won this book through a giveaway on Goodreads website.
Anthony
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.

It's a story as old as time itself. Two people from very different worlds meet by chance and find themselves falling madly in love, only for fate to intervene in their happily ever afters. Yet in author Vanya Sharma's novel Awake Under the Night Sky, we get to feel the raw emotions and the powerful way that love impacts the lives of these two young people. Here is the synopsis:

Witness to the rav
Oriana Blyth (_head_in_a_book)
“Awake under a night sky” was truly wonderful. The love between the main characters, Vivian and Andre, is so intense that you become absorbed in their beautiful story of love, and also sadness, from the very first page. There lives are taken on two very separate journeys, but their love continues to grow over 12 years, and their hearts are destined to be entwined forever. This book shows that love is the most powerful feeling in the world, and that you must not take it for granted. Beautifully w ...more
Michelle Bowles
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awake Under the Night Sky by Vanya Sharma follows two young people navigating life’s labyrinth. Andre dreams of reopening his parents’ glass factory in Italy. Vivian, following her grandmother’s footsteps, wishes to provide medical assistance to the poor in Ghana. Crossing paths at a university in India, they unsurprisingly dive into a whirlwind romance in spite of their radically different lives. The plot twists and turns through the ups and downs of their relationship.

While the book begins wit
Amy Shannon
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

inspirational and faith-building

This was a light-hearted but inspirational read. The characters came to life and the faith and hope drenched the pages. Vivian is a character filled with compassion and goodness, and is devoted to helping others. She is one of those characters that bring to life the part of humanity that even humanity is missing. Sharma writes well and shows a good story, connecting lightness that overshadows darkness and using humor to gain some levity.
Jade Evans
I'd like to thank Vanya Sharma for sending me a review copy of her book, it is much appreciated!

This is a book about the story of how two people come to be together in the end and it was lovely. This would have easily been a four star review if I hadn't been in a small reading slump near the beginning of reading, it is three stars for the fact that I took a little break in the middle and can't remember the beginning all too well.

"Two people on the threshold of their lives, touched by love but dr
Danyel Poindexter
I will write a clear-rated, in-depth star via my blog when I write the full review.

'Awake Under the Night Sky' is a romance novel that I would most likely label romance/coming-of-age (though I feel like the coming-of-age applies more to Vivian) just because of the way the characters ventured during their younger years. The strong points that really made this novel stand out, was it's true to nature romance, giving ode to old romance novels and the way they tied the characters in. There were mom
Purti
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was recommended this book by my friend who is a blogger and I have to say it was an excellent recommendation. Thoroughly enjoyed the read especially the romance between Andre and Vivian. It was so soft and sweet, oozing with emotions. The start is not a traditional romance novel start but it gets much better once the love story kicks in. I don’t mind the start, it gives the book a different flavour but the love story is what makes this book stand out.
5 super stars and highly recommended.
S
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, it was a pleasant surprise. It is not your standard romance, something similar to Nicholas Sparks books. But all in all, I quite liked it. Very refreshing read, highly recommended.
Meera
Nov 11, 2017
Di Ward
Jul 28, 2018
Vanya Sharma
Sep 06, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Madhulika Goel
Nov 04, 2018
Zoe
Dec 06, 2018
Vanya Sharma
Sep 26, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Vanya Sharma
Feb 16, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Imogen Reeves
Janice
added it
  • Indiscretion
  • David (Control, #3.5)
  • Captivated By You (Love in the Heartland, #1)
  • Black Widow (Black Widow #1)
  • Love Over Logic (Desert Monsoon, #2)
  • The Perfect Gentleman (Harbor Springs #2)
  • Ivory
  • From Geek to Greek Billionaire
  • Contingent (Consensual, #3)
  • Waking to Black (Uninhibited #1)
  • Tainted: Lance and Mary (Cliffside Bay #5)
  • Boundless (The Shaws, #3)
  • Diamond in the Rough (The Brides of St. Ives, #3)
  • After the Storm (Dreams, #2)
  • Better With You Here
  • Physical Distraction (Sinful Suspense, #1)
  • Money Can't Buy Love
  • Scandal with a Sinful Scot (Men of Wollstonecraft Hall, #2)
Vanya Sharma was born in India and has spent much of her life travelling, living in cities around the world. It was through her grandfather’s storytelling that she developed her passion for writing. She now lives in England with her husband and two daughters and is a full-time working mum.
“Life is all about the choices you make, make yours carefully!” 0 likes
“It was a different feeling, strange and strong, compelling and shapeless.” 0 likes