Start by marking “Master Todoist: How to Use a Simple App to Create Actionable To-Do Lists and Organize Your Life” as Want to Read:

Do you struggle with getting things done? Feel overwhelmed by your to-do list? Want a simple app to manage and organize your life?
It's easy to begin each day with a lengthy list of tasks without a clear direction of what to focus on first. The truth is: Most to-do lists are a distraction that often cause you to procrastinate on important tasks.

Fortunately, the TODOIST
Published October 6th 2017 by Oldtown Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Master Todoist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master Todoist

Start your review of Master Todoist: How to Use a Simple App to Create Actionable To-Do Lists and Organize Your Life
Scott Allan
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steve-scott
I knew about the TODOIST app and even had it installed on my devices, but, never really took the app seriously. Until now. As someone who has multiple projects, daily tasks, and is addicted to creating a to-do-list, even though they have ben proven inefficient, the TODOIST app is proving to be a game changer in project and task management. But because of its complexity it really needs a simple-to-follow guidebook to navigate people through all of the functions.

This is where the MASTER TODOIST bo
Dan
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I started using Todoist a few months ago and have found it useful. Useful, but not perfect. Sadly, I believe there isn’t a ‘perfect’ to do list manager in existence. The trick is to find one that matches the closest to how I manage my world. Todoist is the one I am working with at the moment.

I thought I would get some help, so I bought Master Todoist. It was very helpful in understanding the basics quickly. Where I really found the value was in the back of the book. Scott really knows his Todoi
A.M.
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, i-own
I was watching a podcast one day and the guy was prattling along and then he said something like he needed to add into his to do list, all the steps and stages that he needed to complete to self publish his book. I thought he’d stop filming and load all that in, but instead he pressed like three clicks and voila… the entire list was loaded in. WHAT APP WAS THAT? I demanded… it turned out to be todoist, not todolist. My bad.
And then, like a lot of things, I forgot about it. Until I saw it mention
Matt
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: y-ebook, productivity
This is an affordable, quick read to give users a starting point for setting up and operating a practical Todoist environment.

It starts with a walk through of the core features. As an existing user I moved through this pretty quickly. The projects, labels/filters, and review sections were more useful and I've updated my setup to take advantage of a number of these suggestions, which were compatible with how I was already operating.

This book was published nearly three years ago. While the UI and
Teemu Suoranta
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: should-read-once
Master Todoist is a 3rd party guide on how to use the to-do app Todoist technically and how it should be used to improve productivity/self-organization. I have used Todoist before some periods but haven't got the habit stuck.

The book is very quick read and technical parts were maybe even too detailed for mee (I know already where everything is). I got a few tips on how to organize tasks, what kind of tasks should I create, how to prioritize tasks and how to keep the task list organized.

If you ar
Luis de la Rosa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great tips on how to use the app/website Todoist. I've been using Todoist for several weeks and I still learned some new things with regards to how to use Filters and other features. Also I learned some interesting ways to organize tasks, like by energy level.

I would add Alexa integration to this book, since that is one of the primary ways I use Todoist. It seems to cover every other integration, though.
Jens Amund
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
Pretty good at explaining everything, and even offered some advanced tips. On the other hand, the one thing I kept thinking was this: Why not just make it a long blog post? Although I can't verify it, I'm almost certain I've read some Wait But Why posts that are longer than this.

All in all, I recommend it to someone looking for an introduction to Todoist, but you can probably find the same content for free online somewhere.
Jarek
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 101-200
The book is ok, it could be a lot smaller imo. It's needed to be said that author comprehensively touched every aspect of this tool. By reading this book, I'm now sure, that I know advanced techniques of Todoist which are helping me on a daily basis. What's most important - the reason every person could reach for this book is to gain effectiveness in getting things done and I feel this book helps in that.
Roni Laukkarinen
I decided to read this book to se do I really master Todoist. I have been using the app for years now and tried different methods to boost productivity. This book confirmed my hunch: I do master Todoist. No new things to learn, on the contrary, I don't want to label everything or concentrate on "big" tasks. Todoist is a lifesaver for me and this book is useful for those who are still starting to use it. A-okay book, but not for me this time.
Robyn Adams
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent tutorial to get my behind in gear to start using this app to increase my productivity and overall planning & awareness of what I want of in life.

I'm a big SJ Scott fan. His topics inspire me in an area that doesn't come naturally to me. I already feel like this book is changing my life for the better.
Greg Cimmarrusti
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good overview of Todoist

There are so many links to keep you engaged in all the aspects of Todoist. The author makes liberal use of the IFTTT links and I am grateful for that. As a user of Todoist for a couple of years now, there were some secrets and tricks that I was not aware of.
Rob Sedgwick
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I learned so much from this book even though I am a Grand Master at todoist. I hadn't used labels or filters and I hadn't linked with other applications so was doubling up on some tasks or relying on multiple products to organise my life. I do find Google Keep useful as well which is one product not mentioned in the book.
Polina
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very basic

As a long term todoist user I can not say I got much new information or specific ways to use it as an overall system to set and achieve goals. But maybe I was just expecting too much. Great read for those new to the system, and I wholeheartedly support the authors endorsement of using todoist to organise your entire life. It's awesome.
Mark Glowacz
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent intro to Todoist with practical suggestions

I enjoyed the book's laid-back tone with a little bit of stern reality thrown in. I have an excellent idea of how to use Todoist with some practical examples to start me off. These suggestions may or may not work for me but as the author says, I'm committing to using Todoist and embracing what I learn as I build the habit.
Brenda
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get Started with Todoist

Great, short book to get you started with Todoist. The book gives you plenty of ideas on how to best use this tool to get control of your to do list. If you are looking for a jumpstart with this app, the book should be very helpful, but don't expect an in-depth review of the app.
Manuel
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simple and straightforward. It helped me implement many decisions and habits I've been developing. But seems to be also helpful to learn and start with some of those. It closely follows the "Getting Things Done" model. I've made my project and daily planning more efficient, so I could use space and time of my journaling sessions to write and reflect more. Thank you!
Sandra Park
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Good intro book

This book is good for those who have never used the app before. As an advanced user, I still enjoyed the book because I learned a few things that I will incorporate now. I do think it's helpful if the reader is familiar with planning in general.
Kristofer
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Is a brief overview that will tell you basics for gtd

If you want a really short overview this is it, but very little depth. Mostly this is an expanded list of features and 3rd party tools and processes.
Eric Eckberg
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good ideas for beginners

Steve's book does a very good job explaining an easy to follow workflow for getting the most out of Todoist along with some great advice for utilizing third party applications to make our even more powerful.
vidyuth Kini
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book

Not too long and not too short. This book has really helped me get my life in order and start doing the things I care about. You will get everything you need to Master Todoist. Enjoy!
Lizzie
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
An interesting read

This is an interesting read although not my fave book because I use a different app however because I check my calendar all the time
Kapil
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Good introduction for beginners

Good book for beginners nothing new for advanced users like me. Enjoyed reading it though. Will check out other books.
Erminio Di Lodovico
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy to read

I enjoyed very much reading this book, it is East to read and “to the point”. The best book written by S.J. Scott so far.
Andraz
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Simple intro into GTD using APP Todoist with some great examples how to organize, label and automate your (daily) tasks and projects. If you have no clue what GTD is, it's good read.
Leo Griffin
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good overview of ToDoist that changed the way I used the app in several ways. A quick and worthwhile read for anyone who uses ToDoist or plans to do so.
Aparna
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good book for people who want to get more out of todoist...
Hugh Thompson
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This brief, clear, fun book made a Todoist addict of me. Todoist is the most amazing organizing app I've ever encountered. While simple on the outside and easy to get started with, it contains many powerful "hooks" for organizing tasks and projects by date, priority, projects, labels and filters. This book was just the kick-start I needed to immediately begin using its many features.
David Whitmore
Feb 08, 2018
Christian Corssen
Nov 20, 2017
RnRFowler
Apr 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• To-Do List Formula: A Stress-Free Guide To Creating To-Do Lists That Work!
  • The Getting Things Done Workbook
  • Working With Todoist: The Book.: Get started with Todoist so you can get better organised and achieve greater productivity.
  • Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want
  • Your Best Year Ever: A 5-Step Plan for Achieving Your Most Important Goals
  • Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less
  • Get It Done: Train Your Brain To Fight Procrastination, Create Optimized To-Do Lists, Enhance Productivity, and Practice Better Habits
  • The Productivity Revolution: Control your time and get things done!
  • Declutter Your Data: Take Charge of Your Data and Organize Your Digital Life
  • Dynamic Documents with R and knitr
  • Become A Procedures Pro: The Admin's Guide to Developing Effective Office Systems and Procedures
  • Options, Futures and Other Derivatives
  • Evernote: Unleashed! Remember Anything, Accomplish Any Goal, Get More Done (Evernote for Beginners - Your Complete Guide to Mastering Evernote Quickly)
  • Do More Better: A Practical Guide to Productivity
  • Do the Work
  • Devoted
  • The Art of R Programming: A Tour of Statistical Software Design
Wall Street Journal bestselling author SJ Scott wanted to be Luke Skywalker when he grew up.

Unfortunately his complete lack of physical grace and introverted mannerism's kept the earth from having their own Jedi Knight to battle the Sith menace.

Steve “SJ” Scott was born and raised in New Jersey. After finishing college with a degree in psychology he knew he needed to further his education or work

News & Interviews