Start by marking “Clouds of Venus (Free Space trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Clouds of Venus (Free Space trilogy, #1)

Clouds of Venus

(Free Space Trilogy #1)

Dale Kinmont is a college student in post-catastrophe America. He's lucky; he lives in one of the walled cities for the nation's elite, and life is pleasant. He expects to graduate and find employment in his uncle's company.

Everything changes when he's framed for murder. He's tried, convicted, and sentenced to hard labor in the prison colony on Mercury.

He ends up in Hesper
Published September 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Clouds of Venus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clouds of Venus

Don Blower
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Mediocre

The tone and quality of the writing fluctuates between fair to poor. The writing style is laced with repetitive phrases more suited to an adolescent audience.
Laurie
Loved this!! The story is fascinating. The science is original and believable in the context of the story. The story flows quickly and smoothly.to a very satisfying conclusion. The family dynamics and political maneuverings kept my interest from beginning to end. The book is complete in itself, another thing I really appreciate, but I am hooked and can't wait to read the next book in this trilogy.
Dawn K Margowski
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sci-fi whodunnit

It was a very unique book, in my mind it was a mashup of law and order, mission impossible, along with the Martian.characrers were real and down to earth so to speak.it was so compelling that I didn’t watch television for 3 days, and it is quite likely that I will go right into book 2instead of reading my next murder mystery. Generally I am much more able to figure the book ending out than I was with this one. I gave up early and just enjoyed the ride.
ernest bussiere
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice concept!

Nice read fast paced, great characters, good descriptions of imagery. The thought of living over the deadly clouds of Venus is intriguing. Character development and growth kept me reading lait into the night! Thanks for great book, looking forward to reading book 2!!!!!
R Moltzon
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting story in a space opera kind of way. Mystery and outcome is predictable early in the novel but it moves quickly and keeps one turning pages. Writing style is a little inconsistent and repetitive in places but generally the plot moves the reader past the flaws. I enjoyed it and will probably read the next book in the trilogy.
Daniel Deitch
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Old school sci-fi

Finally someone is brave enough to write a story in the old sci-fi style. A space adventure mixed with a little technology and spiced with politics. I miss the old days of the genre and this book is absolutely the best treatment for that ailment
Paul Reichman
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book and I look forward to the next one

Fun book fun story definitely enjoyed it and look forward to more. I haven't read anything brothers also before look forward to some other work as well
Meg
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the concept of a city flying in the clouds above Venus but struggled to connect to the story. Overall, good but not great.

'It's not the strongest who survive, nor the smartest, but the most adaptable to change.'
Karl Schaeffer
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Free e-book thru BookBub. It's OK. The author could have developed the universe more. None of the major characters attracted my sympathies. Kind of a science fiction version of our current world state. The rich get richer and everybody else gets screwed.
Barry Edstene
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start for a series, fast moving with well developed plot. Downloaded the next book before completing this one.
Maulie
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read! Good characters and believable ! Plot excellent.

I enjoyed the story line and it was believable. On to the next one. It made my imagination soar. Thankyou
dianna harris
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scifi adventure

Greed, revenge and power makes for an interesting read especially when it happens on other worlds. Weak become strong and evil is running wild in this sci-fi story.
Deanna Thompson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

This book was a quick and fun read. I recommend that you read it too...even if you don't like science fiction as a rule.
Elibeth Benitez gonzalez
Slow going at first

It took too many chapters for the book to get interesting. I’d fallen asleep in theaters. To then realized that it was worth watching .
Ray
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Typical sophomoric tale of boy done wrong who rises to the occasion to restores his honor and grabbing the attention of the heretofore unattainable hot chick.
s a maguire
Mar 05, 2019
patricia lehtonen
May 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Free Space Trilogy (3 books)
  • Caverns of Mercury (Free Space trilogy, #2)
  • Cities of Mars (Free Space, #3)