Start by marking “The Hardstyle Kettlebell Challenge: A Fundamental Guide To Training For Strength And Power” as Want to Read:

The HKC—A Magical Method for Mastering Your Body
Want the world’s most effective program for becoming leaner, faster, more powerful, more explosive and stronger—in less time? And want that program to keep you performing at your strongest and best for years to come? Then, The Hardstyle Kettlebell Challenge is for you.
The magic of the HKC program is that you only need three
Kindle Edition
Published September 19th 2017 by Dragon Door Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Hardstyle Kettlebell Challenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hardstyle Kettlebell Challenge

Start your review of The Hardstyle Kettlebell Challenge: A Fundamental Guide To Training For Strength And Power
Ramón Nogueras Pérez
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fitness
Pues este es un libro muy muy orientado a entrenadores, pero que incluye programas e ideas sobre los movimientos fundamentales con la kettlebell que serán útiles para el que quiere aprender o para el que ya sabe pero tiene poco tiempo para programas elaborados.

El problema principal es el típico de los libros de este autor: se nota mucho que son posts de blog y eso lo hace un tanto inconexo. No hay apenas trabajo de editor y se nota. Pero los programas e ideas que trae son, como acostumbra, útil
Stephan
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I think I am not ready for this advanced coaching knowledge. I found the contents of this book to be semi-usable for my personal training. My take away is to 1) focus on fundamentals and 2) use some form of programming, starting off with one of the many suggested by Dan.
That is not to say this book is not helpful, it just needs to be read by someone with a little coaching expertise I guess. For me, a casual home-gym weekend warrior many things went over my head. Perhaps if I re-read it in a coup
David Lubin
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Want a reasonable method of working out and keeping real, then read this book. Just remember to keep take it slow. I love the advice of taking longer to reach goals because the results then last longer. If you are over 59 as I am, Avoid Injuries. Don't overdo it because it takes too long to heal. Read La Fleur's book on the proper way to hinge then read this one. Then get to work.
Kenneth
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: exercise
I think I've read eighty to ninety percent of this already, possibly online, or in other books? So if you've read a lot of Dan John, this may be material you're already familiar with. Not a book for beginners, or someone looking for a clear prescription to get started. Still, it is chock full of wisdom and useful stuff, you just need the tools to take that stuff and make it into something you can use today. ...more
Tom Wing
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dan John is the man!

I believe this is a solid introduction to kettlebell training and a coaching to those who have used them. There is quite a bit of train-the-trainer information which is handled in a manner that will surely help trainers and give inspiration to those of us interested in improving our personal performance.
Michael Barrett
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Straight forward and focused

I've read through a few of Dan's books in the last couple years and live how they always get me to reign in an over zealous gym ego. This one was again an enjoyable read and will have me continuing with the kind of training that has been proven to result in progression.
Len Kedrow
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book shortly after it came out and the part I enjoyed most about it was Dan's warm sensible writing style. If your new to the swing this book is great. If you are getting back in the game its also super fantastic. ...more
Ivan
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of great content and teaching methods, really a book to study and re-read. Definitely recommend this to everyone aspiring to teach kettlebell training, including folks who have already done an HKC or RKC certification.
Paul,
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
simple book with less instruction on how to do the lifts than I would have liked. but Dan John always has good insights and puts things in perspective. worth reading, but probably not worth 10 dollars.
Igor
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. Very usefull, especially for the more experienced. Please note that, as a newbie, one has to read the "other" books: Power to the People, Easy Stength, Simple & Sinister, Quick and the dead .. in this contiunuum, Dan John's work makes a lot of good sense ... . ...more
Bruno U
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best book out there on Kettlebell training by one of the best coach out there !!! A must read for Kettlebellers and everyone else !!! Enough said !
Riley Nadoroznick
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another classic!

Dan John has a way of making everything so simple and straight forward. This book is required reading for any kettlebell enthusiast.
James Person
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not new, but good.

I always enjoy reading Dan John even though he seems to keep wrapping the same package in new paper. I guess that means it's good stuff if one does it.
Kun-Hsing Liu

• The Monkey's Paw
  • Rumble Fish
  • Kon-Tiki
  • Pushkin's Children: Writing on Russia and Russians
  • Jiu Jitsu: The Black Belt Blueprint: An Intelligent Approach to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
  • Inherit the Wind
  • Farewell to Manzanar: A True Story of Japanese American Experience During and After the World War II Internment
  • Alcoholic Republic: An American Tradition
  • English Studies: An Introduction to the Discipline(s)
Dan John has coached for more than 30 years. He's helped hundreds of athletes pack on double-digit pounds of rock-solid muscle. As an athlete, John broke the American record in the Weight Pentathlon. He is the author of several books. ...more

News & Interviews

“The hips and shoulders are the connecting links between the powerful core and our whippy, fast friends, the arms and the legs.” 0 likes