Start by marking “Badass Ways to End Anxiety & Stop Panic Attacks!: A counterintuitive approach to recover and regain control of your life” as Want to Read:

"Managing" your anxiety and panic attacks belongs to the past. It's time to recover.

Most people who suffer from anxiety and panic attacks are told by their well-meaning friends, doctors, therapists and psychiatrists to "manage" their anxiety. Some are prescribed pills in an effort to calm their anxiety down. Breathing techniques, mindfulness and more are advised as well.

Published September 17th 2017

Start your review of Badass Ways to End Anxiety & Stop Panic Attacks!: A counterintuitive approach to recover and regain control of your life
Blake Sabiston
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Don't Have to Struggle?! NOPE!!!

After years of counseling, reading other books, blogs and websites it finally set in that I don't have to STRUGGLE with anxiety! Geert made it clear and applicable with ways to exercise the "muscle" that controls anxiety where it still is the alarm system our bodies intended it to be BUT NOT worrying about the false alarms know as panic attacks! I have been practicing his techniques and am happy to say I am making progress and am hopeful to be panic
MissFairladyZ
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great starting point.
Melanie Louise McKenna
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I has de had anxiety for 40 years and have done a lot of therapy. Therapy only got me so far. Therapists wanted me to do journaling which i hate. The author of this book gives actual techniques, and more than one, so you can do the ones that work for you. I was starting to figure some of these out for myself... but that took 40+ years. Wish i had found this book when i was 20! Give it a try, really try. It isn't easy but i started feeling results soon after i started.
Merry Quinn
Jul 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Book was too simplistic. What are the author's credentials? Not have a drink on a plane? Seriously? That allows me to relax a forget I'm on a plane for hours without fresh air. There aS not enough scientific evidence to support assertions (ie gazillion reasons). I like stats and facts

Read above: too simplistic, not enough data or evidence to support commentary, obvious assumptions, solutions to real fears and anxiety not specific enough. Wondering education level of author and training to have
Angelique
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books for those suffering from panic/anxiety. While professionals might have evidence and research, Geert has the experience of suffering from panic disorder and curing himself of it, which therefore makes him far more knowledgable than a therapist or psychiatrist who can only speculate but has no idea what you're actually going through.

I went to his site and purchased his course as well. It is ridiculously affordable and the information is invaluable. After reading dozens of
Kirsten
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eye Opening

Geert does a great job of explaining the origins and original purpose for panic and anxiety in humans and builds from there to establish a working understanding for WHY this is happening to us. The techniques he describes make a lot of sense, and he uses a lot of great examples to explain how and why they will make sense. He also does a great job of relating to people and describing all the different fears one could have, and how upsetting and debilitating all of this can be. I
Daniel Rodriguez
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It works and I’m living proof.

The techniques , when practiced work. This book guides you through he vicious circle during anxiety that leads to panic attack’s and finally to phobias. As I’m writing this I’m actually feeling a panic attack and I’m embracing it and riding it out just to see what happens next. See to it that you read cover to cover and spot check as needed. Definitely Purchased the softcover as well. Thanks Geert V.
Veronica Luna
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

This is a awesome book, I put it into practice and I can really see some changes with me going outside, driving the expressway, being stuck in a red light on a busy intersection.... read this book and it will show you step by step on how to get rid of your fears and anxiety or even panic attacks, always put God first and the rest will fall into place God bless!!!
Catherine Arne
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent advice

This is the first book on the subject I have read so I can’t compare it to others, but I was impressed by his first hand experience and all the people he has worked with and helped. The explanations and suggestions made intuitive sense, and I can see them being effective (I don’t suffer from anxiety myself).
Gunsu
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must Read for Anxiety and Panic Attack Sufferers

I have read many books claiming to end the anxiety and panic attacks. But, this one is in my top 3 with Claire Weekes’s book and Dare. Please give it a try! It can save your life.
Elva Swift
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Badass

I loved this book. Straight forward, easy read. I am going to keep this book in my library and try out these methods. Just reading the book made me feel better, can't wait to start using what I have learned.
eugene getto
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terrifying but so True

Anxiety is torture but reading this helps me realize how right on Geert was on point. It will be difficult to implement but we all need this inspiration to get over it.
Marta
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the many self-help books I’ve purchased and in my queue. Useful tips that I’m hoping I’ll be able to incorporate into my life. I appreciate the matter of fact tone and assertiveness though it is sometimes trying to make the same point several times.
Mercedes Henriksson
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rationale ways to deal with anxiety.

I like the rationale approach that were discussed. Presented were methods everyone has the same ability to try. The various sources (app, book, etc.) we're also very helpful and a bonus to reading the book.
Sharon
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great and different

Highly recommend. Very different and affective approach. It comes from someone who has really experienced these symptoms
Loved this book. I am keeping it to read again and for future reference
Bdf
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lays the foundation for recovery

Stop fearing your fear. It’s that simple. It’s that complex. Geert lays the foundation for recovery from anxiety but you have to put in the work. Do it.
Tara Messier
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!

I really enjoyed this one. I suffer from anxiety and the ways mentioned in this book to end it really helped.
Lisa
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is life changing. Will keep and reread for years to come. Highly recommend.
Danielle Limberg
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great ideas with a friendly voice

I love the tone of the book. A lot of great ideas with plenty of examples. Emphasizes its not easy but gives a lot of positive reinforcement.
David Radin
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Decent book presenting psychological methods to battle anxiety by yourself. Readable, clear enough, and a good entry level book.
Jenna
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Lots of simple and practical solutions that will be easy to remember and (I hope!) integrate into my everyday life.
Jared Ball
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Really just a way to get you to buy his audio series... I was a bit disappointed.
Roberto Saucedo
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

Very Good book about anxiety and how to overcome your fears. Definitely recommend the book to anyone suffering from anxiety.
Steve Descovich
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

Good book overall. Easy to follow with a sense of humor too. Some specific techniques would have been more valuable if included.
Diana
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful

I found this book to be very helpful. It has a lot of good ideas to try to curb anxiety.
Lindsay
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Though the book was quite repetitive, and definitely felt like an advertisement for his full course, I did learn some techniques that I'd never seen elsewhere that have significantly helped me :)
Priya
One of the better books on anxiety out there but woefully incomplete. Still, this will help you get a head-start on anxiety.
Cassie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book to read for those that are suffering from generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks. This book was a lifesaver for me and gave me some great tips.
paul bergeron
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really helpful

Really well written... easy to understand... so relatable! Thank you!! Several tools for me to use with continued practice. Appreciate it so much.
Mike Canaday
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Recently started having anxiety with first panic attack 3 weeks ago. Read the book and started audio course with great tools to attack it first hand.

• Hardcore Self Help: F**k Anxiety
  • Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks Fast (+Bonus Audios)
  • Don't Feed the Monkey Mind: How to Stop the Cycle of Anxiety, Fear, and Worry
  • Hope and Help for Your Nerves: End Anxiety Now
  • Anxiety as an Ally: How I Turned a Worried Mind into My Best Friend
  • The Upward Spiral: Using Neuroscience to Reverse the Course of Depression, One Small Change at a Time
  • The Anxiety Workbook: A 7-Week Plan to Overcome Anxiety, Stop Worrying, and End Panic
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay #2)
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay #1)
  • Bang Theory (The Bangover #2)
  • Wingless And Beautiful
  • High Magick: A Guide to the Spiritual Practices That Saved My Life on Death Row
  • Man Flies
  • Open Book
  • In My Skin: A Memoir
  • Knight in Shining Suit
  • The Complete Fifty Shades of Alice: A Fairy Tale for Adults (The Fifty Shades of Alice Trilogy)
“Panic Attacks” 0 likes
“When you have a panic attack or a strong moment of anxiety, unless you see a predator about to eat you or become aware of another physical and imminent danger, you are safe. Everything you’re feeling doesn’t mean something is wrong. It’s just a false alarm. It’s an adrenaline rush, the same kind you’d feel during a rollercoaster ride.” 0 likes