Start by marking “Black Arrow (Black Powder Wars, #3)” as Want to Read:
Black Arrow (Black Powder Wars, #3)

Black Arrow

(Black Powder Wars #3)

Tragedy rarely visits alone; when one hero falls, more usually follow, such is the nature of war.

Whilst Cheung travels Brisance and the Black Guild tears itself apart, Correia Burr rides for The Marches with her trusted Pathfinders, in search of an enemy they know nothing about.

But when her network of informers yield little, Correia makes a necessary decision to lead her
Hardcover, 1, 448 pages
Published August 31st 2018 by J.P. Ashman

To ask other readers questions about Black Arrow, please sign up.
J.P. Ashman No clue where that page count came from, despite it sounding like the sort of thing I'd do lol.
It's 310 on Word, but 140k approx. word count is more a…more
It's 310 on Word, but 140k approx. word count is more accurate.(less)

Start your review of Black Arrow (Black Powder Wars, #3)
J.P. Ashman
Sep 24, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
IT'S HERE! SQUEEEE...

Order on Amazon Kindle now!

Edit on 27th July 2018: The blurb for Black Arrow has finally been uploaded.

Watch this space, or better still, join my horde of readers by following my newsletter by clicking here, and you'll receive a FREE ebook copy of Dragonship for your troubles!

Dragonship by J.P. Ashman

Cheers,

JP
Michael
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grimdark fans
I give this one 4 out of 5-stars. I have marked it down a little because there is a rape scene that was upsetting for me, (just so that you know).

I am a big fan of this self-published author. I have liked pretty much everything I have read by him so far. The scope of his imagination is great and, (as Mark Lawrence says on the cover) "...the author's enthusiasm shines out of every page."

There is a lot of combat in this book and a great deal of dialogue too. He writes very much the way that I wri
Kristen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review is here, on my blog!~

In this volume, we catch up with the second half of the characters who appeared in Black Cross, while the events of Black Guild run concurrently. So in this one we’re following the adventures of four groups:

-The Pathfinders are traveling from Altoln to Siretta and get into plenty of shenanigans along the way. Then more shenanigans when they actually get there. Because there is some considerable stuff happening in the country of Siretta.
-The legendary Captain Mann
Len Evans Jr
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a free ARC copy from the author.
4.5 stars rounded up to 5 stars

OK... I want to start out by saying I really loved this book. The reason I gave it unofficially 4.5 stars rounded up to 5 was that it was not as quite as good as the first two books by just a tiny bit. As great as this book was it was also a wee bit like "The Two Towers" in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Meaning that at times it felt like I was witnessing events that though they were important to the overall story
LJ Waguespack
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and the series as a whole, however, I expected a trilogy, with this third book tying up loose ends from books one and two, so I was a little confused and disappointed by the introduction of so many new characters, and in that regard my expectations were not met. That is on me, I did enjoy the world building, and the further development of relationships of some of the characters from earlier books. I feel after reading book three of this series, in my opinion, book one and two ...more
Earl
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series that keeps getting better! High fantasy with so many great characters and plots!
Jesper Pettersen
What an amazing ride this book was...and for now, suffice to say it was all that I hoped it to be, and then a whole lot more! I received this as an ARC from the author, and I'll get back with a more extensive review soon.

In the mean time, I'd recommend a pre-order of this book. If you liked the previous installments in this series, the Black Arrow is not going to let you down...trust me!
JDR
Kara Lauren
Jul 28, 2018
Alan Behan
Aug 08, 2018

• Priest of Lies (War for the Rose Throne, #2)
  • Never Die
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • A Sellsword's Compassion (The Seven Virtues #1)
  • Priest of Bones (War for the Rose Throne, #1)
  • We Ride the Storm (The Reborn Empire, #1)
  • Escape from Bythos (Chronicles of the Black Gate #0.5)
  • A Dark Foretoken (Tales of the Seventh #3)
  • Galaxy in Flames (The Horus Heresy #3)
  • Bloody Rose (The Band, #2)
  • Horus Rising (Horus Heresy #1)
  • False Gods (Horus Heresy #2)
  • The Flight of the Eisenstein (The Horus Heresy #4)
Born Lancashire, England, J. P. Ashman is a Northern lad through and through. His parents love wildlife, history, fantasy and science fiction, and passed their passion on to him. They read to him from an early age and encouraged his imagination at every turn. His career may be in optics, as a manager/technician, but he loves to make time for writing and reading every day. Now living rurally in the ...more

Black Powder Wars (4 books)
  • Black Cross (Black Powder Wars, #1)
  • Black Guild (Black Powder Wars, #2)
  • Black Prince (Black Powder Wars, #4)