Start by marking “Unlucky Charm (Black Kat #0)” as Want to Read:
Unlucky Charm (Black Kat #0)

Unlucky Charm

(Black Kat 0)

Alternate cover edition for B01M4G83ZG

Being a Super isn't all it's cracked up to be...
Trouble follows Officer Katherine Carter wherever she goes, and her latest antics are drawing attention from the media, the Chicago Police Review Board, and a gorgeous glowing man with abilities as strange as her own. Her unique physical talents get her into hot water at work as things g
Published September 2017 by ByDand Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unlucky Charm, please sign up.
Kimberly Gordon It stands alone. There's an epilogue that leads into the next book, but it's not a major cliffhanger. She's getting an assignment that ties the two…moreIt stands alone. There's an epilogue that leads into the next book, but it's not a major cliffhanger. She's getting an assignment that ties the two storylines in this book together for Kat & Mouse (Book 1.) (less)
Kimberly Gordon It's an adult book due to the language (mostly by one character with a foul mouth) and the one love scene. I've actually thought of doing a YA version…moreIt's an adult book due to the language (mostly by one character with a foul mouth) and the one love scene. I've actually thought of doing a YA version of this series eventually. If there is enough interest, I will certainly do it. (less)

Kimberly Gordon
Oct 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm the author, so I can't really review it. I just hope everyone enjoys it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm currently working on the next one, Kat & Mouse. There are 13 books in the series. I plan on releasing two more next year, and getting very rough drafts of the rest written by the end of 2017. It's a fun world to play in!
Michelle Hillyard
Unlucky Charm is a fantastic kick off for what I hope is a long series.
The authors serve a delightful mix of action, well defined characters, humour and romance in a fast pace story full of the right twists and turns.
Can't wait for more!
Yvonne
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
great read,
Natalie panda eyes
Not much to say about this one. For a prequel it was good. I liked Kat’s character and the twins. The storyline on Hugh’s part was a bit out there. Unsure yet if I’d read anymore given the setting.
Denise Lewis
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a "super" fun read!! The characters will make you laugh with their hilarious antics, and even pull a little on your heart strings. I love Hugh!!! He is such a great character. I can't wait for the next one!!
Ely
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. So creative!
B. Fleetwood
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable read. Kimberley Gordon writes with humour and pace. I really liked Hugh and Jacob, two of the male supers although I was not so sure of Kat, the heroine. This is mainly because she is, whilst clearly one sexy lady, seen and used as a sex object by the males around her. I have to confess to being a little annoyed that she appeared to conform with this, but that said, this is just the prequel and there are glimpses of a deeper more rounded character which I feel sure the writer wi ...more
Shaun Griffiths
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great introduction to the "Supers" which I hope will evolve into a follow up. These characters are great!
From sexy Kat (on the cover) to "Gentleman" Hugh, this quickly turned into a real fun read. With black humour thrown into the mix along with unique characters with very original superpowers. The storyline had me hooked from the opening pages.
It's fast moving, involving with plenty of action thrown in. I recommend this book to any reader looking for a fun, action packed, adult super
Tia
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kool

Very interesting characters. The storyline is creative and keeps you invested. This is a good introduction. Kat is a cop. She gets into trouble, a lot. An intriguing event occurs and she finds herself with a better offer. A new bounty hunting job. Meanwhile, supers are trying to stay under the radar. Too bad Huge is on trial for killing his brother.
C.L. Cannon
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Get ready to fall in love with these characters! Kimberly Gordon pulls you into this world, and you won't want to leave! Her characters are funny, endearing, and genuine! I absolutely loved this prequel, and I can't wait for future installments!
India Kells
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun!
Totally new author for me, I fell for this action-packed, superhero story. Loved the character of Kat as a cop, not realizing the powers she holds. What hooked me was the humor and suspense. Can't wait for the next instalment!
Lori Minich
Jun 29, 2019
Jen*The Geeky Book Gal*
Nov 12, 2017
Steven D Bullock
Oct 22, 2016
Herman Fassett
rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2016
Jul 13, 2019
KC Riley-Gyer
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-paranormal
What a wonderful quick read. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline. I look forward to reading the next book.
Megan
Apr 03, 2017
Shane McGinnity
Feb 13, 2017
Rich Maloy
Oct 30, 2017
Allison Mitchell cornell
Nov 09, 2017
Kimberly Gordon is an author, veteran, IT professional and mother of five boys. She lives in a hundred-year-old farmhouse in rural Illinois, where she enjoys coming up with outrageous stories to tell to anyone who will listen, including her chickens, who sometimes come up with ideas for their own.

When she's not busy taking dictation for the Supers, she's also troubleshooting networks, writing, or

Black Kat (4 books)
  • Kat & Mouse (Black Kat #1)
  • God Save the Queen (Black Kat #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Black Kat #3)