Start by marking “Songs About A Boy (Songs About A Girl, #3)” as Want to Read:
Songs About A Boy (Songs About A Girl, #3)

Songs About A Boy

(Songs About a Girl #3)

Music, boy bands, first love and heartbreak in the explosive finale to the Songs About A Girl trilogy - a modern love story for anyone who has ever dreamed of being 'with the band'. From a Zoella Book Club friend.

Just as Charlie allows herself to succumb to Gabe's charms, the explosive revelation about her mother's death threatens to pull them apart.

Meanwhile, a media circ
Published August 2nd 2018 by Hodder Children's Books

Start your review of Songs About A Boy (Songs About A Girl, #3)
Kate (GirlReading)
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this series is the One Direction fanfic of my sixteen year old selfs dreams. It’s possibly one of the most cliche, dramatic, angsty, predictable and far fetched books I’ve ever read and I loved ever second of it. I had the most fun I’ve had in a long time flying through this trilogy. It made me incredibly nostalgic and happy. I think I’ve officially found my ultimate guilty pleasure read but I can’t even bring myself to feel guilty about it, it was just ...more
Chloe⛅
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm emotional. I can't form words. OH and I love Gabriel West thank you goodbye
Janay Brazier
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m actually tearing up right now! I’ve just finished this book and I honestly adore this trilogy. The characters, the storyline, the twists and turns, the mystery, the music, the setting, the relationships... I just love it all so much! This is honestly one of my favourite YA trilogies of all time and I’m so sad that this is all over. Every character is fantastic and has their own focus, their own problems and their own star qualities. I could’ve written this review by just putting ‘I love it. ...more
Lily
Sep 25, 2018 added it
This series has been such a joy to read. There's something about it that makes me feel warm and cosy, each book something to sink into like a nice cosy blanket. It's dramatic and emotional, but it's still like an old friend that you can feel comfortable reading about. I love books like that. It makes reading them a real pleasure.

I don't know much about One Direction, but I've seen some people calling this One Direction fanfiction. There's nothing wrong with fanfiction at all, but I do feel that
Brittany Smith
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Just when I think Chris Russell can’t beat the last book he releases another amazing read!

We are reunited with Charlie and the boys for the third and,very sadly, last time. We are taken on a worldwide ride across the pond to New York as the boys work feverishly to save their band and their reputations!

Olly is out of the band and it’s a mad scramble to replace him in time.Trouble is brewing and Gabe has slipped into a morose state due to his own personal demons. Aiden has his own inner t
Yolanda Sfetsos
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Okay. I put it off for as long as I could... and NOW was the right time to read the final book in this super fun trilogy.

Charlie is facing the most important exams of her school life, but the many distractions weighing on her mind are making it hard to focus. The secrets of her mother's and Gabriel's father intertwined musical careers and tragedy have ripped Gabriel and her apart.

And now that one of the members of Fire&Lights has quit to start his own career, the other boys are going on a big US
Beth Jones
I can't believe the thought ever even crossed my mind to dismiss these books as cheesy, trashy fanfic. They are so much more than that. I picked this 400+ page book up on Sunday night, and I had finished it by Tuesday. For me, that's absolutely insane. And I've not exactly been at home all that time - I've been looking after the flat, going out and going to uni. But this book just absolutely flew by for me, and whenever I had a spare minute I would pick it up and dive right in.

That being said,
Priyasha
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I honestly cannot praise this book enough, it's such a phenomenal series that I have recommended to so many friends and fellow bloggers/BookTubers. Simply brilliant, and I cannot wait to see what Chris writes next!
KatForsyth
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-general
Not quite as good as the first two, but they did set the bar pretty high. Still, a sweet ending to this trilogy I really loved.
Kirsty
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ukya, music, uk-author
enjoyed this as much as I hoped. A fab end to a brilliant series.
Drew Autumm
Olivia Noack
-don't think this is going to be my favourite in the series. It's definitely a downhill series. I absolutely adored the first book, but I find that each book gets more unrealistic and unnecessarily dramatic. It's not that the last book isn't good, I just don't enjoy it nearly as much as the first book
-I don't think I was surprised when (view spoiler)
Ashleigh
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Somehow, I’ve managed to read and absolutely love all three books in the Songs About A Girl trilogy without publishing a review of any of them, so after finishing the final instalment this morning I thought I’d do things a little differently and review the whole trilogy at once.

I’ve read a fair few books about girls like you and me finding themselves falling in love with celebrities, and so many of them are among my favourites. You can’t beat that crazy idea that one of the most famous men on th
Debra
I read the first two books back when they first came out and adored them. I hadn't realised until I saw a review that I had not finished reading the trilogy and I knew I had to remedy that quickly! I had owned all three books for a while and I can't believe it has taken me so long to get to reading the whole lot! Of course I started from book 1 again before getting to the final book that I had not read yet and fully immerse myself back in the story.

I loved this just as much, if not a bit more, t
Eve beinguniquebooks
In the finale of the trilogy, Gabe and Charlie set about discovering just what happened to Harry, the link between them and what went wrong, why the one connected person to them committed suicide it so seems.

Gabe and Charlie along with the rest of the band and entourage travel on your once again facing backlash about the band's current form especially during a visit at a theme park. The media go crazy for their now line up and will relationships form between the characters or not as old characte
Ashley
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: library, 2019, 3-stars
And here I thought that the last book was filled with drama! I was a little bit expecting it this time though, so it wasn't as jarring. A little cliché, (view spoiler) But even that didn't ruin my enjoyment of the series. And you'd better believe I was crying b ...more
Michelle
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading the previous books in this series I knew I had to read the final installment, i HAD to know how it all ended.

It took a while to get to reading this one, with work and life getting in the way, so I squeezed as many pages in as possible during any free time I had. I loved catching up with the gang again, and seeing the consequences of what happened in the previous book.

I liked getting to see the story through to the end, seeing how the story that was started many years ago finally ge
Mariana
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. Couldn’t be happier with its ending.
Great character development. I liked Gabriel in the first book but thought he was a little egocentric and snobby. But in this book, since on the second one you didn’t get much of Gabriel, it was really possible to see that he grew up, that he really was more selfless and really cared about Charlie. I mean... by the ending you get evidence he LOVES Charlie more than anything.
Also loved Yuki, getting to know him more, to see his sweet side t
Jenni
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, british-author
This was such a satisfactory conclusion to this brilliant trilogy. I picked it up only intending to read the first chapter or two but found myself sitting there until I had read the whole thing – I was so desperate to find out what had happened. I have loved seeing these characters develop over the course of the trilogy and particularly loved the fact that even the slightly lesser characters got really good arcs and development. I’m sad to be saying goodbye to these characters but at the same ti ...more
Kate
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
*** I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley to share my honest review ***

I really enjoyed this series even though it was super cheesy at times. I feel like almost everyone has gone through some kind of a fangirl stage, and oh my god this took me back to that. I couldn’t put it down.

I loved all 3 books however did feel at times that I wanted more development from certain scenes. I felt like a lot of the timeline was rushed & some parts were unnecessary, but hey, it made me smile and I
Nicole Rathbone
This book was definitely my least favourite out of the series. Don't get me wrong though, I know I am not the intended target audience for the trilogy and if I'd have been early teens I know I would've adored these books. I know the series is extremely far fetched anyway but this book to me went beyond that to the point where some of the things that were happening I just thought 'really though?'. They weren't plausible in the slightest in my opinion. I'm bummed I didn't enjoy the finale but like ...more
Sue
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reading
I've really enjoyed Chris' Songs About A Girl trilogy. Hosting an author visit for a day with him gives the books another dimension as I can see his energy and humour in every page. The girls at my school love this series, from Year 7 to Year 13, so we would love to see more books from you in this vein Chris. Am going to put Songs About A Girl into the Year 8 recommended reading for September. Thank you for a great trilogy...We can't wait for more!!
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wanted to read this to find out how the trilogy ends. The answer is: too neatly with drama along the way. Unfortunately this book never really makes me care about the characters, so the eye-roll worthy moments don't have a love of the characters to balance them out, and it just doesn't measure up to other books set in the music scene (try I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman).
Chantelle Hazelden
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sign of a good book series when you can pick up the next book and instantly remember what happened previously even if there's been a long gap in-between the two.

And that's exactly what occurred this time for me.

Songs About a Boy was a great conclusion to a simply wonderful set of novels.

Romance, drama and teenage angst made for the perfect mix.
Jerneja
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF. Can they please write it on the cover that it's a one direction fanfiction? And a bad one at that? When are all great fanfics I've read getting published?

I gave it a benefit of the doubt and gave 2 stars because i accidentally started on book 3. But one member quitting, two of them being romoured to be in a relationship and one of them is so famously irish? Get some new ideas.
Beckie Fulton
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy is just the best!! Had me hooked right from the start, I couldn’t put any of them down! The characters are amazing and I became so invested in seeing how they grew and developed. Some amazing plot twists that literally left me very shocked (but in a great way). An incredible read, would definitely recommend!
Frankie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The finale... insert sigh.... It was perfect. I loved the conclusion, all the twists, the character development, everything.... I just wish there was an authors note so that it felt more like a complete goodbye....
Christeen
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very impressed with this final installment -- I couldn't see the end coming! I was impressed by how the story was wrapped up, and pleased with the ending. I am so glad I came across this series and had the opportunity to see Chris Russell at YALC last year.
Caitlin
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book 😍 It flew by and this trilogy was so much fun to read, the only reason I gave it four instead of five stars was because there were so many scenes that I feel needed to be explained and explored a bit more than they were. But apart from that, I loved it 💕
Chloe Pope
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A absolute rollercoaster of a book, with some plot twists you won't see coming and an ending that will leave you satisfied with how this series ends. A great ending for a great series

• Open Road Summer
  • Love Song
  • Theatrical
  • Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things, #2)
  • A Bad Boy Stole My Bra
  • When the Stars Lead to You
  • It Only Happens in the Movies
  • It's My Life
  • Hello?
  • Fear of Missing Out
  • My Best Friend, Maybe
  • The Map from Here to There (The Start of Me and You, #2)
  • Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes?
  • Crying Laughing
  • ...And a Happy New Year? (The Spinster Club, #3.5)
  • The Wrong Side of Kai
  • Goodbye, Perfect
  • Did I Mention it's 10 Years Later?: Anniversary Bonus Chapter (The DIMILY Series)
When I was thirteen, my best friend and I went to a Bon Jovi concert at Wembley Stadium. We thought it looked like fun, so we started our own band - a band that, ten years later, would become The Lightyears. Since then, we've been lucky enough to tour all over the world, from Cape Town to South Korea, playing at Glastonbury Festival and O2 Arena and supporting members of legendary rock bands such ...more

Songs About a Girl (3 books)
  • Songs About a Girl (Songs About a Girl, #1)
  • Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)